Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman, 24, found pushing her DEAD three-year-old son in a swing at park... and police say she may have been there all night.

That is actually posted on here already, Ron.

The headline is deliberately sensationalistic. What the man actually says is
    I'm not saying she is an unfit parent, but at this particular time, she wasn't fit to take care of our son," James Lee told Fox 5 DC.
    If you read other articles, it's because everyone acknowledged that she seemed to be suffering from depression. Not like, talking to walls about the devil living in her anus.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    That is actually posted on here already, Ron.

The headline is deliberately sensationalistic. What the man actually says is
    I'm not saying she is an unfit parent, but at this particular time, she wasn't fit to take care of our son," James Lee told Fox 5 DC.
    If you read other articles, it's because everyone acknowledged that she seemed to be suffering from depression. Not like, talking to walls about the devil living in her anus.
    Yea, that really speaks volumes IMO, cause it's not the usual bullshit, custody battle hyperbole. It's a totally reasonable statement.
    Man, that poor guy.

Didn't catch up, thought this was a new development. My bad.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

The comments from both the father and the grandmother make it seem at least they think the mother's mental illness was a factor in the baby's death.
    This is just awful on every level.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Just to clarify, I meant responsible as in it seems like something she did contributed to the death. Whether that be because she wasn't able to watch him or that she actually did something to him intentional or not. As in, it doesn't seem to be a natural death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I wonder if mom isn't talking or if her story just isn't being reported because no charges have been filed? Family definitely IS making it sound like her mental illness was a factor. I sincerely hope that isn't the case. Just sad all around.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*LaDyLaZaRuS*~ View Post
    I wonder if mom isn't talking or if her story just isn't being reported because no charges have been filed? Family definitely IS making it sound like her mental illness was a factor. I sincerely hope that isn't the case. Just sad all around.
    Considering it's a black family, I'm just happy her mental health is being addressed, and they aren't blaming "the devil" or her "lack of Jesus."

A lot of her fb friends seem to be really intelligent people with degrees. This is going to be all the more tragic if even an intelligent, well-educated person has fallen so far through the cracks in mental health/homeless family support.

I won't be shocked at all. I know someone extremely well educated and intelligent that absolutely needs and deserves intense mental healthcare. He doesn't get it, though. Any time he's ever been seen, I believe the professionals all assume he's astute enough to simply follow directions. Hence, zero additional support when it's actually needed.

I quite assume people of high intellect aren't very high up on the "Geez, we best take this one seriously" list.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    A lot of her fb friends seem to be really intelligent people with degrees. This is going to be all the more tragic if even an intelligent, well-educated person has fallen so far through the cracks in mental health/homeless family support.
    The other tragic thing about it is she did get help for her mental illness and was in the care of a doctor. So she was doing everything right.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I was looking for this in "Weird & Bizarre" but OK. Ha.

Anyway, the plot thickens: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2235648

Father of 3-year-old found dead in Maryland park swing denied custody, said mother ?wasn?t fit? to care for boy
    BY Melissa Chan
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 10:58 AM
    Updated: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 4:01 PM

Ji-Aire, 3, was found dead in a Maryland park being pushed in a swing by his mother on Friday. His father said the tragedy could have been avoided.

The disturbed Maryland mother found pushing her dead 3-year-old son in a park swing last week had no business caring for the toddler, the boy's heartbroken father said.

"I'm not saying she is an unfit parent, but at this particular time, she wasn't fit to take care of our son," James Lee told Fox 5 DC.

Ji-Aire, 3, was found dead in a Maryland park being pushed in a swing by his mother on Friday. His father said the tragedy could have been avoided.

The devastated dad had filed for sole custody of Ji-Aire, whom he described as his happy "little man," days before the boy's mother Romechia Simms was discovered pushing his lifeless body in a swing for several hours on Friday.

"It came out of nowhere for me," Lee told NBC Washington.

Lee, who feared Ji-Aire's mother may be suffering from a mental illness, said the tragedy could have been avoided if he had not been denied custody in court.

"I have a stable home for him to be at," he told NBC. "I have a stable roof for him to be under, for him to have the life that he was supposed to have."

Lee said he got a frantic call from Simms two days before the boy was found dead saying he needed to rush to Waldorf, Md., near where her mother lives, to pick the two up.

But she stopped answering his calls later in the day, and Lee was too late, he told reporters.

The 24-year-old Simms has been hospitalized since Friday, said Diane Richardson, spokeswoman for the Charles County Sheriff's Department.

Maryland authorities are awaiting results of the toddler's autopsy before deciding whether to press charges.

The boy's body had no sign of injuries or trauma when he was found in Wills Memorial Park in La Plata, she said.

Ji-Aire?s family has started an online fund-raising campaign to bury the little boy and give him a ?proper homecoming.?

It has collected almost $4,000 in two days.
    Fuck. It's always hard for a father to get sole custody. Thankfully, when my dad and mom got divorced, my dad got custody of me and my three brothers, at that time my mom couldn't care for herself, let alone a 7 year old and two teenagers

Obviously you aren't familiar with America's stellar mental health department or our attitude/lack of sympathy for the mentally ill. They're degraded, mocked, fired from jobs, exiled. The solution is generally 'drug the shit out of them!' so that they're essentially sedated zombies. It's no surprise when especially intelligent overachievers are hesitant to seek help for mental illness.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Obviously you aren't familiar with America's stellar mental health department or our attitude/lack of sympathy for the mentally ill. They're degraded, mocked, fired from jobs, exiled. The solution is generally 'drug the shit out of them!' so that they're essentially sedated zombies. It's no surprise when especially intelligent overachievers are hesitant to seek help for mental illness.
    This.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

No, I know. It's much the same as ours (ie fucked). It just sux worse when it's an intelligent, high-functioning person who ends up at the centre of a tragedy like this. Because now there'll be attention & treatment & if she starts to get better she's going to be all the more fucked up when reality & all the could've-beens come crashing down on her.

No, I know. It's much the same as ours (ie fucked). It just sux worse when it's an intelligent, high-functioning person who ends up at the centre of a tragedy like this. Because now there'll be attention & treatment & if she starts to get better she's going to be all the more fucked up when reality & all the could've-beens come crashing down on her.
    ??/I seriously doubt it. She's not like, some high profile scientist. Just because her friends aren't moronic illiterates doesn't mean she's this special snowflake who will unlock the key to the universe???? I haven't seen any indication that she's a rocket scientist and she certainly doesn't come from a well-off background. She just seems like an average person who suffers from depression which is a fairly common ailment, not like, Stephen Hawkings with schizophrenia.

??/I seriously doubt it. She's not like, some high profile scientist. Just because her friends aren't moronic illiterates doesn't mean she's this special snowflake who will unlock the key to the universe???? I haven't seen any indication that she's a rocket scientist and she certainly doesn't come from a well-off background. She just seems like an average person who suffers from depression which is a fairly common ailment, not like, Stephen Hawkings with schizophrenia.

Okay?? I didn't mean she was a Rhodes Scholar & I'm not sure why you'd think that I was saying she was some kind of genius. I meant high-functioning in the sense that the term's used in special ed ie her fb isn't full of the illiterate shite we're so used to seeing.

You don't have to be a genius to respond to treatment & if she does & her friends are an indication of her usual level of functioning, it's pretty likely that with recovery there's also going to be an awful crashing down of reality.

Maybe we've lost something in translation because I don't really get your reaction to that post at all.

Okay?? I didn't mean she was a Rhodes Scholar & I'm not sure why you'd think that I was saying she was some kind of genius. I meant high-functioning in the sense that the term's used in special ed ie her fb isn't full of the illiterate shite we're so used to seeing.

You don't have to be a genius to respond to treatment & if she does & her friends are an indication of her usual level of functioning, it's pretty likely that with recovery there's also going to be an awful crashing down of reality.

Maybe we've lost something in translation because I don't really get your reaction to that post at all.
    Very much this, because quite frankly, you're losing me. Bowies response made sense to me.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Have you seen Facebook? It's pretty bad out there.

The general air of your post was that because her facebook friends could string words together in a sentence that she's some crumbling genius? Which is a huge leap to conclusions, we know nothing about this woman except that she had a kid, didn't seem to even be working, and the general statements from her family allude to a battle with depression. She seems fairly ordinary to me which is why I think mourning how a HIGHLY INTELLECTUAL PERSON WITH PROMISE IS BEING EATEN ALIVE BY MENTAL ILLNESS, which is what your previous posts don't just imply but basically say, is somewhat silly. It's also not like suddenly she is going to be getting help because they will recognize this promising individual is fucked up, whoever they are. Millions of people in America, smart, stupid, ambitious, lazy suffer from depression.

The general air of your post was that because her facebook friends could string words together in a sentence that she's some crumbling genius? Which is a huge leap to conclusions, we know nothing about this woman except that she had a kid, didn't seem to even be working, and the general statements from her family allude to a battle with depression. She seems fairly ordinary to me which is why I think mourning how a HIGHLY INTELLECTUAL PERSON WITH PROMISE IS BEING EATEN ALIVE BY MENTAL ILLNESS, which is what your previous posts don't just imply but basically say, is somewhat silly. It's also not like suddenly she is going to be getting help because they will recognize this promising individual is fucked up, whoever they are. Millions of people in America, smart, stupid, ambitious, lazy suffer from depression.
    I think the gist of what blighted was saying was as bad off as this woman was when they found her in the park, it's going to be difficult for her when reality comes flooding back in after she's medicated and clear minded. At least that is what I got from it

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I think the gist of what blighted was saying was as bad off as this woman was when they found her in the park, it's going to be difficult for her when reality comes flooding back in after she's medicated and clear minded. At least that is what I got from it
    IF her problem is some kind of psychotic break, which it doesn't sound like at all. It sounds like she suffered from depression, and was in a state of denial and shock.

IF her problem is some kind of psychotic break, which it doesn't sound like at all. It sounds like she suffered from depression, and was in a state of denial and shock.
    I was just interpreting, not giving my own opinion. I agree with you that it sounds like more denial and shock than anything else. I still think she is going to have a hard time once everything calms down and she's left with nothing but the reality of the situation, though

I'm sure she is currently having a hard time with it, and it's being exacerbated by the media attention.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loca...land/27935891/

The park is about a mile away from a hotel where the family is staying. Vontasha Simms told WUSA 9 they are homeless and that Romechia suffered depression trying to deal with this while still taking care of her son.
    A lot of problems happening here. Sadly not too uncommon for people.

The solution is generally 'drug the shit out of them!' so that they're essentially sedated zombies.
    I was actually shocked the first time I saw an ad for prescription medication over there, it's something that just isn't done here, ever.

Maybe that's where the confusion is coming from, despite what people say we do have a pretty good free health care system over here compared to a lot of places so it is easier for people to seek help - a lot of companies also offer access to free 24hrs counseling hotlines that their employees can contact anonymously. I was talking to a local police officer recently and he was saying that the majority his callouts these days are to just go sit and talk with people in danger of self-harm.

Mental illness can and does effect everyone at some point, it's just about having access to the right help.

Thread Information