Thread: Benjamin James Edwards III (31) and Niece (14) Found Dead of Self-inflicted Gunshot Wounds

Benjamin James Edwards III (31) and Niece (14) Found Dead of Self-inflicted Gunshot Wounds

Florida man and his missing 14-year-old niece found dead of self-inflicted gunshot wounds after shooting at police during 100mph chase
    Benjamin James Edwards III, 31, of St Augustine, Florida, found dead
    He and niece, also from Florida, had gunshot wounds in mouths
    Uncle shot at police as he was pursued from Colorado to New Mexico
    Girl, who had history of running away, reported missing May 4

A man from Florida and his 14-year-old niece were found dead from self-inflicted gunshot wounds in their mouths after a high speed police chase on a New Mexico highway.
    Benjamin James Edwards III, 31, and his unidentified niece sparked the dramatic pursuit after they drove away from a filling station in Cortez, Colorado without paying for gas around 11am Monday, according to police.
    The driver of the Toyota 4 Runner, from St Augustine, Florida, occasionally shot at police and civilians out of his window as he led authorities along US Highway 491 going as fast as 100mph.
    A spokesman for the St Johns County Sheriff's Office in Florida told Daily Mail Online that Edwards had aroused suspicions in the disappearance of his niece, also from Florida, who was found dead with her uncle after their vehicle stopped on a dead end road.

Police had also been looking at the man, who drove with Florida plates, in connection to a stolen gun.
    The chase ended after the black SUV had veered off of the highway, through a fence and on to Najavo Nation land near the town of Shiprock, with police pursuing at a distance.
    Driver and passenger did not respond to police commands to exit the car when it stopped, and officers found them both dead when they broke through a window.
    San Juan County Sheriff's Office Detective Lt. Kyle Lincoln said Tuesday that it is believed both the uncle and niece killed themselves, according to the Daily Times.
    It was not immediately clear why Edwards and his niece were in Colorado and New Mexico or how they got there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...xico-road.html

That's fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Just a snip it from another article

Deputies say the two people who led them on a chase from Colorado to New Mexico, were a Florida man and his 14-year-old niece.

Deputies say there is a possibility 31-year-old Benjamin James Edwards III was having a sexual relationship with the girl.

http://krqe.com/2015/05/12/missing-1...hase-suspects/

2 from Florida dead after chase from Colorado to New Mexico

http://news.yahoo.com/2-florida-dead...221828974.html

SHIPROCK, N.M. (AP) ? A Florida man and his 14-year-old niece were found dead with gunshot wounds to the head after a wild car chase across the Southwest in which multiple shots were fired at officers, New Mexico authorities said Tuesday.

Lt. Kyle Lincoln with the San Juan County Sheriff's Office said Benjamin James Edwards III, 31, of St. Augustine, was a person of interest in the theft of a firearm and in the disappearance of his niece, also of St. Augustine. The girl, who was the second person found dead, was reported missing May 4.

The chase began Monday morning after sheriff's deputies in Montezuma County, Colorado, were called after gasoline was stolen in Cortez in the southwestern part of the state. Investigators said shots were fired at the deputies, and the driver fled toward the Colorado-New Mexico border about 30 miles away.

During the chase, the driver periodically pointed a gun out the window and shot at pursuing officers. Montezuma County Undersheriff Jim Kingery said one bullet broke the rear driver's side window of a car driven by a vacationing German couple.

The tourists were not injured.

The chase ended on the Navajo Nation in northwestern New Mexico when the driver lost control on a sharp turn and high-centered the SUV on the edge of the roadway. Officers ordered the occupants out and received no response. They then broke out a window and found them dead.

No officers were injured in the chase.

Lincoln said police never fired their weapons but recovered a handgun from the vehicle.

___

Information from: The Daily Times, http://www.daily-times.com

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Sexual relationship?

HOLD THE PHONE! IT'S PEDO BEAR TIME!

Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 05-13-2015 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

It seems so strange that they were running/shooting at the police- then they both suicide.

Sometimes there are just NO words to describe how fucked up a story is on here.

There are places that still let you fill up before paying for the gas? To me that is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by luvit View Post
    Just a snip it from another article

Deputies say the two people who led them on a chase from Colorado to New Mexico, were a Florida man and his 14-year-old niece.

Deputies say there is a possibility 31-year-old Benjamin James Edwards III was having a sexual relationship with the girl.

http://krqe.com/2015/05/12/missing-1...hase-suspects/
    I knew that was going to be the case. So sick. I'm sure he talked her into killing herself, too. I mean, how much trouble was she going to be in? She was a minor, a victim of sexual abuse (because of her age) and they just stole some gas?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

This article shows pictures of the girl.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ationship.html

Is there the possibility he killed her and then shot himself?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

I see where the gunshot for both was in their mouth. It's not unheard of for an assailant to shove a gun in a victim's mouth. Isn't that what happened to the woman Phil Spector killed. If I recall, they tried to say her death was a suicide in the beginning.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    That's also what I was wondering....except I really think this girl had some issues.

Prolly so if she was being sexually abused by her uncle. Girls that age who are going thru this are usually promiscuous as well as very defiant.

Thread Information