Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brittany Johnson (24) was found dead at the base of a cliff and her death has been ruled accidental

Brittany Johnson (24) was found dead at the base of a cliff and her death has been ruled accidental

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-19-2022 at 08:47 AM.

http://krqe.com/2015/05/12/24-year-o...thout-a-trace/

Police seeks help in missing woman?s case

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) ? It?s going on four nights, and a young Albuquerque woman?s family is very worried. She?s vanished, and everyone who knows her says she would never just disappear on her own.

?It?s been very, very tough the last three days,? said David Johnson, father of missing woman, Brittany Johnson.

?At this point, honestly, we don?t know what to think. I had a conversation with her last Thursday, and when she left our house, she was looking to go up to Durango and maybe attending Fort Lewis College,? he said.

Brittany Johnson, 24, was last seen in Albuquerque near Broadway and Mountain at a spa, the Bath House, around noon on Saturday. The family knew something was wrong when Johnson didn?t show up to her grandparents for Mother?s Day. She also didn?t attend her friend?s graduation party over the weekend.

?Ever since, it?s been non-stop trying to figure out what happened,? David Johnson said. There has been no activity on her credit card, and her phone goes straight to voice mail.

?She?s just a loving carefree type of girl. She?s young, she?s 24. She just loves the outdoors. She loves hiking. She loves yoga. She loves snowboarding. She?s got a lot of friends, very personable. Smiling all the time,? he said.

Lt. Pete Golden with the Bernalillo County Sheriff?s Department said, ?Her disappearance is highly unusual and is out of character for her normal pattern of behavior. Because it is so unusual and out of the norm is the reason we?re so concerned for her well being.?

The department issued an endangered missing person alert and described Johnson as ?at-risk.?

?We don?t believe she is with anyone else who may be putting her at risk, but again, her behavior is out of the norm, and that is the reason for our concern,? he added. ?Because her pattern of behavior is so atypical from what her friends, her family and everyone else she interacts with have described, it is a reason we have such an elevated concern for her welfare,? he explained.

KRQE News 13 also learned Brittany Johnson?s home in the Southwest Valley was recently broken into.

?At this point in time, we can?t connect the two events. Is it possible? Certainly, but that?s something the detectives are looking at as well as cell phone records, bank records, and any other things that we can extract a pattern of behavior that would help us try to find a location we can find her,? Golden said.

David Johnson also said Brittany?s beloved dog was left at her home.

?If she was going camping, or she was going someplace, you know to try to get away for a few days, she would have taken that dog. The dog was left at the house without any instructions or anything- just very, very unusual,? he said.

Johnson issued a plea on KRQE News 13 Tuesday evening.

?Brittany, we love you very much, and if you can hear me, I?d appreciate it if you can get in touch with us, let us know that you?re OK,? he said. He also asked that anyone with information contact authorities.

Brittany Johnson?s car is also still missing. It?s a 2006 red Toyota Corolla with a ?Co-Exist? sticker on the back window. Its New Mexico plates are at KMD-048.

Anyone with information about Johnson is urged to call the Bernalillo County Sheriff?s Department at 505-798-7000. The detective working the case can be called or can receive text messages at 505-886-1065.

They found her car up near the crest :/.

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) ? Bernalillo County Sheriff?s deputies have found a missing woman?s car on the Sandia Crest. Brittany Johnson vanished Saturday now the search is on for the 24-year-old up on the mountain.

Deputies say they were checking the roads Wednesday morning around the crest for stranded drivers because of the overnight snow when they came upon Johnson?s 2006 red Toyota Corolla. That?s when deputies brought in New Mexico State Police Search and Rescue Teams along with canine and air support.

Johnson was last seen leaving a spa on Broadway near Mountain on Saturday around noon. Her family grew suspicious when she didn?t show up to a friend?s graduation party and Mother?s Day celebrations the following day.

Investigators issued an endangered missing person alert for Johnson saying this disappearance was out of character.

Weather conditions are also very cold right now near the Crest, it?s also very wet out. It is not known how this will affect the search and rescue operation.

Deputies say they expect the search efforts will last through most of the day.

They have not said if they found any evidence of foul play.

Anyone with information about Johnson is urged to call the Bernalillo County Sheriff?s Department at 505-798-7000. The detective working the case can be called or can receive text messages at 505-886-1065.

http://krqe.com/2015/05/13/family-mi...-sandia-crest/

Maybe she just went for a hike but it snowed and that's definitely worrisome. She's a good friend to a few friends of mine and I've heard she's a great person. I really hope she is found okay but I have a bad feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    http://krqe.com/2015/05/13/family-mi...-sandia-crest/

Maybe she just went for a hike but it snowed and that's definitely worrisome. She's a good friend to a few friends of mine and I've heard she's a great person. I really hope she is found okay but I have a bad feeling.
    Wouldn't she most likely have brought her dog with her if she went for a hike? Her family said if she had gone camping or anything like that, she would have taken her dog with her....

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Wouldn't she most likely have brought her dog with her if she went for a hike? Her family said if she had gone camping or anything like that, she would have taken her dog with her....
    I was thinking more along the lines of something upset her and she needed to clear her head. That's the first place I think to go when I'm super stressed out and just need to get away from everyone and everything for an hour or two.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    She seems so sweet. I really hope they find her soon
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Last edited by bermstalker; 05-14-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Budaghers is the complete opposite way like a good 2 hours out of the way lol. I hope they find her. If she fell up at the crest time isn't on her side unfortunately.

It doesn't sound like she fell. It sounds like someone abducted her while she was getting in or out of her car.

I guess I hadn't thought about that. People fall up there so often that was my first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    I guess I hadn't thought about that. People fall up there so often that was my first thought.
    Keys and purse on the roof of the car, yoga mat beside it. Someone snatched her.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Keys and purse on the roof of the car, yoga mat beside it. Someone snatched her.
    The purse and yoga mat were inside the car. A man found her keys on a trail and put them on top of the car. That's like asking someone to steal her car and purse. I think I would have just left them at the gift shop.

From the article berm posted:

Johnson's best friend said she has been dealing with a lot of personal problems lately and might have gone to the crest to clear her head.

"She's been kind of doing some soul-searching and kind of figuring out what she wants to do," said Herrera. "She hasn't been talking to friends as much."
    She has such a pretty smile. I hope they find her well.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

There's a comment at Berm's article claiming she called the spa back & asked that her credit be given away to other people - have I missed that in an article or is it just an internet rumour? Some are jumping on that as proof she was suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    There's a comment at Berm's article claiming she called the spa back & asked that her credit be given away to other people - have I missed that in an article or is it just an internet rumour? Some are jumping on that as proof she was suicidal.
    All the articles I read stated that she made a call shortly after leaving the spa, but not that she had actually called the spa.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Here's an updated, local article.
    http://www.abqjournal.com/584665/abq...uties-say.html

It says that the hiker found the keys and put them on top of her car...then he told the gift shop.

The article also says that she left the spa at 11:20am and her last call was placed 2:30pm.
    Deputies tracked Johnson’s cellphone calls and found she had placed a call from near I-25 and Budaghers on Saturday around 2:30 p.m. It is the last time anyone heard from her, Golden said. He said deputies don’t know why she was in that area.
    “She made a phone call, and then it appears her phone shut off and did not generate any other locations or activity,” Golden said.
    This is what the map shows me. Not sure of the exact areas, but it's a rough guess. It seems like Budagher is out of the way. Why drive there?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Here's from Brittany's BFF. I tend to think suicide.
    Herrera said Johnson had stopped talking to her in recent weeks, suddenly quit her job at the Grove Cafe and seemed down.

Bean said Johnson wasn’t her normal self in the last couple weeks. But, “she’s a normal beautiful person, and has problems like everyone else.”
    Ormsby said that after Johnson left the spa on Saturday she called back and told employees to leave her remaining credit with Bean and Ormsby.
    http://www.abqjournal.com/584044/abq...dia-crest.html
    Last edited by bermstalker; 05-15-2015 at 03:08 AM.

It's another cold and rainy day. I'm looking up at the crest and its covered in clouds which means it's very cold and wet up there.

Eh, the whole leaving the purse in the car thing doesn't seem like suicide to me. Whenever I go on a hike, I leave everything in the car except my phone, keys, and ID. When you drive out to remote places for hikes, car theft is pretty unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Eh, the whole leaving the purse in the car thing doesn't seem like suicide to me. Whenever I go on a hike, I leave everything in the car except my phone, keys, and ID. When you drive out to remote places for hikes, car theft is pretty unlikely.
    Not here. Funny story Brian Cranston actually had his car broken into up there once haha.

Just got a news notification there were human remains found. Nothing further yet.

Wow, it's crazy the bodies they find when looking for people.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    They are saying it is skeletal remains that are at least a year old, with no ID or clothing on the remains. They think it may be a woman that went missing over a year ago. Any idea who that might be? I tried searching and found nothing on the other woman missing in the area.
    That was earlier. These are a seprarate set or remains.

Sorry I should have copied and pasted the article in the first place I just post from my phone and it's a PITA. It's snowing up there now so I'm sure that's making things a lot more difficult. I was hoping for a better outcome but I have a feeling it's her :(

I'm now hearing from friends of mine who were close to her that it's been confirmed but not released. If this is true R.I.P beautiful:(

Thread Information