Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

Thread: Suicide Prevention / Suicide Survivors Thread

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Amazing that we're a priority in all of this. Enough to keep this screen open on her Phone since I'm assuming they don't know her password to keep using her account. Even more amazing that she opted to click on "keep me logged in" after only being a member for a day or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Probably not the correct thread, but at least this:

Georgia teen's Facebook Live suicide attempt stopped just in time:

A suicide attempt by a teenage girl in Georgia was stopped just in time Tuesday night after she started broadcasting her plans on Facebook Live.
    “All social media is is a conduit for attention,” Davis continued. “Even in this tragic situation, this young lady was looking for attention, and thankfully, the right people were watching. It could have been more tragic.”

"The Georgia teen had taken pills and placed a plastic bag over her head before she was reached, Sgt. Linda Howard told WMAZ."

The girl, who still had a pulse after medics removed her from the home, was taken to a hospital and was stable on Wednesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/04...t-in-time.html

I am new to this forum! I am looking for someone to help me piece together or understand if my dad died my suicide or murder!
    My dad was part owner of a family body shop business he never owned or fired a gun!! He was a drinker but not mean or depressive it was just like pop to him. He had been to lunch and I had just missed him where he has lunch by 10 minutes of driving by according to the lunch spot he was at. I continued out to go home and which is passing the body shop and his truck was there and the garage door was not up on the shop which meant he could be in paint shop! I got home about 10 min later from being at the lunch spot. I was home not even 5 min when I got a call from my step mom that my dad had been shot she was sobbing and I had no clue what she was talking about so I headed to the shop. Now mind you it had only been atost 20/25 min since he had been to lunch and I had passed his shop. When I got there, there was no cops, sheriff, or ambulance they had already been there and Gone with my dad!! I later learned that it was ruled as a sucidie over the phone through a sheriff and corner! This was a man that had nothing to do with guns and worked with his hands but Used his LEFT hand to committed the act. According to the police report the barrel had blood in it which meant that it was against his head and it was laying on his lap! No Note was found!!! It was a totally typical day for him til that moment! He was found by my uncle that worked with him!!! The lunch spot said he was his normal self and said he would see everyone later after work like he does daily!!! Please help!!!!

Broken, welcome to MdS. I'm sorry that you lost your dad so recently. Death is difficult in general, but it can be even harder under ambiguous circumstances. Please feel free to create a thread for your dad so that any information you have can be condensed. I'm sure there are people here who would help you work through this, regardless of the ultimate outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I've been feeling really depressed the past couple of nights. I've cried myself to sleep thinking about my first love. I was 16 when we first started dating. He was my first in many things: french kiss, sex, bj, etc. I haven't spoken to him in 7 years after he embarrassed me at a mall. We were talking about getting back together for the third time. I don't know why I can't get over him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

i have a question...is anybody here a nurse or in the medical field at all?
    because i just got into nursing school, and for my "health examination" they ask questions about your mental health. mine is not very good at the moment, but i am really reluctant to say anything about it or go to a counselor or something bc i think they have to put your name and info on file, and im scared somehow or another it'll get back to my school and then they wont let me be in the program! like bc i think about hurting myself, that i would hurt someone else (which would NEVER happen). is this true? can you be excluded from a medical field bc of depression or similar problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonia72 View Post
    i have a question...is anybody here a nurse or in the medical field at all?
    because i just got into nursing school, and for my "health examination" they ask questions about your mental health. mine is not very good at the moment, but i am really reluctant to say anything about it or go to a counselor or something bc i think they have to put your name and info on file, and im scared somehow or another it'll get back to my school and then they wont let me be in the program! like bc i think about hurting myself, that i would hurt someone else (which would NEVER happen). is this true? can you be excluded from a medical field bc of depression or similar problems?

We definitely have active members in the nursing/medical/emergency responder field but we're also in the middle of an unprecedented quiet period on MDS.

2018 ended up being a year where the majority of regular posters & mods have stuff going on in real life so there's hardly anyone posting right now (& this probably won't change for at least a few months).

I don't want you waiting for an answer on something this serious - you need to take care of yourself & get appropriate advice & support asap.

So if you don't have a reddit account yet, sign up & post your question in a nursing sub like this one

https://www.reddit.com/r/nursing/

Hopefully they can reassure you & point you to some good support services. I hope things start feeling better soon, this time of year can really magnify stuff without you even realising it's happening

So a work friend facebook messaged me last night. His stepson (21) killed himself. The rest of the family (my friend, his wife and the young man's sister (25)) are understandably shell shocked. I've met the wife, bit I don't think I know her if I saw her again, I never knew either of the kids. My friend and I are co-workers who work at different sites so seldom see each other in person, but we probably talk one on one a couple times a week and have conference calls at least 2-3 times a month. We I'md for an hour or so last night, and I told him to reach out if he wanted to talk. But is there anything else I can do? or shouldn't do? Ugh. He is so broken up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    So a work friend facebook messaged me last night. His stepson (21) killed himself. The rest of the family (my friend, his wife and the young man's sister (25)) are understandably shell shocked. I've met the wife, bit I don't think I know her if I saw her again, I never knew either of the kids. My friend and I are co-workers who work at different sites so seldom see each other in person, but we probably talk one on one a couple times a week and have conference calls at least 2-3 times a month. We I'md for an hour or so last night, and I told him to reach out if he wanted to talk. But is there anything else I can do? or shouldn't do? Ugh. He is so broken up.
    All you can really do is be there for him if he reaches out to you again.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I would also reach out to him. After the services. After all the calls stop. And don't avoid saying his child's name. Every person I have worked with who has lost a child wants to know their son/daughter will be remembered. My thoughts are with him and his family. My ex recently lost his only child to suicide. I was in her life for 3 amazing years. She was such a kooky, smart, funny and beautiful person. Rest in paradise to your friend's son and to the lovely Brianna. Xox

Wow! I have no words. I just found out a former friend/boyfriend's (if I could even call him that) little sister committed suicide in October. I was Facebook friends with her and saw her sad posts, but I didn't realize how bad she was hurting. I feel selfish for being in my own little world and not saying anything to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Thread Information