Page 6 of 298 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: beauty

Re: beauty

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg281904#msg281904 date=1176237671]
    oooh that is really pretty. you know what would look cool too. if you put a thin line of eyeshadow on your top and bottom lid (where you put your liner) before you put your liner on. it looks like the black is glowing the eye shadow color.
    [/quote]

thank you. for a while, i was putting a very light pink, almost white, shimmery creme under my eyebrows, in the corners of my eyes, and a little bit on the bottom, below the lash. i have gotten lazy and stopped doing that in my morning makeup routine, although i need to start again. i don't mess with my makeup much, but i need to because i know i have beautiful eyes, and i could do so much with them. i don't have to use fake eyelashes or anything! it's cool, haha. i absolutely ADORE Maybelline's Lash Stylist mascara. The little comb, you know? it's the BEST EVER!

this picture is almost 2 years old, so forgive the emo-ness, but this is where i put the shimmer on around my eyes, and also some black liner on the top lid.

the picture is also brightened, so that took away from the quality, as well.

WORD!!! We all three mentioned it! haha.. Ironic! Lets start a Lash Stylist CLIQUE.

[quote author=Trace link=topic=6417.msg281918#msg281918 date=1176238132]
    oh jeezus.. me too! my boyfriend knows he doesn't need to spend lots of time shopping for me, just give me a sephora gift card and i'm happy as shit.

I've only used Nioxin styling products, never the shampoo or conditioner, but the ones i did worked very well. i'll give them a shot next time.... 

what does everyone use for their skin care products? I am obsessed with Dr. Hauschka and Suki..

www.drhauschka.com
    www.sukisnaturals.com 

both organic lines, and that's all I will ever use. take a look at this from Suki's website, its a list of ingredients that are in a lot of common beauty products.. its fucking garbage. A lot of them are actually banned in the UK because they are so detrimental, but the FDA, nor any other organization, doesn't regulate personal care products like they do food, so you have all this crap building up in your system.. its no good.

[/quote]

i use Dermalogica. i took a few classes with them and got certified. its crazy expensive but if youre a skin freak its worth it. i think you can only get it if youre licensed, im not sure though.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg281923#msg281923 date=1176238279]
    i use Dermalogica. i took a few classes with them and got certified. its crazy expensive but if youre a skin freak its worth it. i think you can only get it if youre licensed, im not sure though.
    [/quote]

i found some stuff on amazon.. it is pretty pricy, but its only a little more than the other shit i buy.

ooh, I also love Caudalie..
    [size=11pt]In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.[/size]  [size=9pt]-Aristotle[/size]

Which form of eyeliner is best?I have all three Pencil,powder,and liquid.I use the pencil the most,but I like powder shadow the best.The liquid I've used once.                     

I'm a Sephora addict too 
    I got it from you dad!!!<br /><br />I learned by watching YOU

[quote author=SoooChole link=topic=6417.msg281941#msg281941 date=1176239330]
    Which form of eyeliner is best?I have all three Pencil,powder,and liquid.I use the pencil the most,but I like powder shadow the best.The liquid I've used once.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

I'm a Sephora addict too&nbsp;
    [/quote]

i use Revlon's twisting pencils. they work great for me. no sharpening ever really necessary.

[quote author=Jessica link=topic=6417.msg281944#msg281944 date=1176239605]
    i use Revlon's twisting pencils. they work great for me. no sharpening ever really necessary.
    [/quote]

:oops: For asking but...Does it glide on easy?I've found alot of the pencils do not go on as smoothly as my eyes would like.I've stuck with bonne bell's eye style.So far....

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg281879#msg281879 date=1176237041]
    use a primer. Urban Decay &quot;primer potion&quot; is my favorite

i love it, its awesome. it turns any eye shadow into water proof.

you can buy other eye lid primers at sallys or wherever makeup is sold

heres a bunch of good makeup tutorials if anyone interested
    http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...AC89E982969368
    [/quote]

I don't wanna sound stupid for asking but I loved this thread so, I want to know if eye lid primer is the same thing as eye/ under-eye concealer?&nbsp; :oops: :oops:
    <br /><br /><br />&quot;We&#39;re all fucked. It helps to remember that.&quot;<br />- George Carlin

[quote author=DreamRai link=topic=6417.msg281994#msg281994 date=1176243513]
    I don't wanna sound stupid for asking but I loved this thread so, I want to know if eye lid primer is the same thing as eye/ under-eye concealer?&nbsp; :oops: :oops:
    [/quote]

no, the potion doesnt really have a color to it. it just keeps your shadow on and stops it from creasing.

[quote author=SoooChole link=topic=6417.msg281951#msg281951 date=1176241069]
    :oops: For asking but...Does it glide on easy?I've found alot of the pencils do not go on as smoothly as my eyes would like.I've stuck with bonne bell's eye style.So far....
    [/quote]

I am an eyeliner junkie - it is my one must have make up item every day.&nbsp; The best ones I have found are the mechanical pencils like this -

They stay put for ages, don't smudge and are really bold.&nbsp; My favourite brand is Prestige but only the black pencil. I checked out their site and it says that their products are available in the US.&nbsp; I have tried about 3498 different types and Prestige are cheap but definitely the best.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg282005#msg282005 date=1176244112]
    no, the potion doesnt really have a color to it. it just keeps your shadow on and stops it from creasing.
    [/quote]

Oh thanks.

Then I don't need it my make up stays on forever!! But I do need a good concealer though, any suggestions? Right now I use Invisible Concealer by Cover Girl.
    <br /><br /><br />&quot;We&#39;re all fucked. It helps to remember that.&quot;<br />- George Carlin

ok hotsauce, this thread rocks totally!!

ok if i may ask for some advice, i am in desperate need of some new makeup, and i don't mind paying decent for it because its worth it. i normally buy benefit, clinique, mac, etc. im wondering if there are any other great brands im missing out on, and are there any &quot;master&quot; products any of you guys love! also i need a new mascara, i have lash stylist by maybelle at the moment, and its ok, but i was jess/grace/hotsauce big eyes look!

hmm I just wondered if someone cud help me..I have hazel eyes and I can't find a suitable eye shadow which is getting boring :(

:

[size=20pt]I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!1[/size]

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=6417.msg282024#msg282024 date=1176244595]
    I am an eyeliner junkie - it is my one must have make up item every day.&nbsp; The best ones I have found are the mechanical pencils like this -

They stay put for ages, don't smudge and are really bold.&nbsp; My favourite brand is Prestige but only the black pencil. I checked out their site and it says that their products are available in the US.&nbsp; I have tried about 3498 different types and Prestige are cheap but definitely the best.
    [/quote]

I'll have to try it and the one Jessica mentioned.Thank you both.......

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=6417.msg282024#msg282024 date=1176244595]

[/quote]

im going to see if i can get hold of these here, if not il import! i need a new eyeliner and want to try a mechanical one!

They are great, you don't need to sharpen them.&nbsp; Everytime I run out, I buy about 5 more in case they discontinue them!

[quote author=Lexa link=topic=6417.msg282233#msg282233 date=1176249265]
    ok hotsauce, this thread rocks totally!!

ok if i may ask for some advice, i am in desperate need of some new makeup, and i don't mind paying decent for it because its worth it. i normally buy benefit, clinique, mac, etc. im wondering if there are any other great brands im missing out on, and are there any &quot;master&quot; products any of you guys love! also i need a new mascara, i have lash stylist by maybelle at the moment, and its ok, but i was jess/grace/hotsauce big eyes look!
    [/quote]

I know you weren't asking me but here are a few of my fave eyeshadows
    1.Urban Decay
    2.Bare Escentuals
    3.Dior
    4.Molten Metal by Revlon(intense liquid shadow)

[quote author=SoooChole link=topic=6417.msg282305#msg282305 date=1176251435]
    I know you weren't asking me but here are a few of my fave eyeshadows
    1.Urban Decay
    2.Bare Escentuals
    3.Dior
    4.Molten Metal by Revlon(intense liquid shadow)

[/quote]

i was asking everyone! thankies.

we have an urban decay loads but iv never tryed it, a lot of people have mentioned it i think il have to go for that!

also, does anyone use benetint, that stuff rocks.

yeah the mechanical twist-ups are the definitely the best... they really glide on nicely. i've found you really have to grind the sharpening-type pencils into your eyelid to make the color show up.

lexa: the advice i'd give you for lashes is a) using a lash curler and b) multiple mascara coats. i put on so much mascara, it's not even funny. it literally takes me about 10 minutes to do my mascara alone. i have an unhealthy mascara addiction, so i'm not saying be crazy like me, but do a few coats. i also use pointed tweezers to pick out any mascara clumps and separate any lash-clumps i get as a result of so many layers. it's a long process but it does come out looking pretty good.
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4526.msg172502#msg172502 date=1170561506]<br />How can you have any lack of love for SG!?!?<br /><br />I tink shes more kewler then most!<br />[/quote]

[quote author=saidgrace link=topic=6417.msg282321#msg282321 date=1176251755]
    yeah the mechanical twist-ups are the definitely the best... they really glide on nicely. i've found you really have to grind the sharpening-type pencils into your eyelid to make the color show up.

lexa: the advice i'd give you for lashes is a) using a lash curler and b) multiple mascara coats. i put on so much mascara, it's not even funny. it literally takes me about 10 minutes to do my mascara alone. i have an unhealthy mascara addiction, so i'm not saying be crazy like me, but do a few coats. i also use pointed tweezers to pick out any mascara clumps and separate any lash-clumps i get as a result of so many layers. it's a long process but it does come out looking pretty good.
    [/quote]

thanks for that advice , i need to get a pair of curlers, i used to have clinique ones but i gave them to my mum cause i never used them.

[quote author=Lexa link=topic=6417.msg282327#msg282327 date=1176251856]
    thanks for that advice , i need to get a pair of curlers, i used to have clinique ones but i gave them to my mum cause i never used them.
    [/quote]

I use a heated eyelash curler.&nbsp; I just think it's easier...especially since my eyelashes NEVER seem to want to curl.

[quote author=Lexa link=topic=6417.msg282310#msg282310 date=1176251554]
    i was asking everyone! thankies.

we have an urban decay loads but iv never tryed it, a lot of people have mentioned it i think il have to go for that!

also, does anyone use benetint, that stuff rocks.

[/quote]

Does it come in more than one color?I've only seen it in like a pinkish color. I'm not a big fan of pink. or shall I say my complexion isn't... :lol:

[quote author=SoooChole link=topic=6417.msg282334#msg282334 date=1176252110]
    Does it come in more than one color?I've only seen it in like a pinkish color. I'm not a big fan of pink. or shall I say my complexion isn't... :lol:
    [/quote]

yeah its a stain, gives a great blush and lip stain, its real versitile! i have a pocket one with lipgloss attached.. hehehe!

[quote author=Lexa link=topic=6417.msg282338#msg282338 date=1176252183]
    yeah its a stain, gives a great blush and lip stain, its real versitile! i have a pocket one with lipgloss attached.. hehehe!
    [/quote]

Let me add it to my list.....lol

Thread Information