Page 297 of 298 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 7442

Thread: beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    The dip itself doesn't require any UV at all, but the clear gel top coat I use does. I know that you have gel polish that doesn't need it though. So as long as you have a clear coat gel that doesn't need UV, then it wouldn't require one. There is a learning curve to it, but there are tons of tutorials on Youtube that show you how to do it. It takes SO much less time and doesn't require waiting for any drying so I love the stuff.

I initially bought the Double Dip brand, but they don't ship to Ireland so I've had to use trial and error to find a supplier here in Ireland. Dip powder will last you FOREVER and the best thing is that it doesn't get goopy or expire so I've had the same dip powders for years now and still use them. Amazon UK has different brands. The last one I tried wasn't that great so I'm still in search of my new brand.

I can't find the website for Double Dip anymore, but they seem to have everything set up on Amazon for themselves:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Double...1-9E80E4389EC9

ETA: Well shit. Looks like they are unavailable on Amazon too. I think that company went out of business which is a shame because they were AMAZING. But there are tons of different brands available in the States so you shouldn't have trouble finding a starter kit and different colors.
    Very interesting! Thanks for the info! I really didn't know anything about dip before. It seems like a lot of steps, but the duration of time it lasts intrigues me.

I don't belong in this thread because I do the bare minimum with beauty stuff lol. I don't even paint my nails.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Very interesting! Thanks for the info! I really didn't know anything about dip before. It seems like a lot of steps, but the duration of time it lasts intrigues me.
    Once you get the hang of it, it's super easy and quick. Much quicker than painting your nails and waiting for them to dry for sure and they do last SO much longer. They also protect your nails so great! It's like a hard shell.

Taking it off can be a bit of a pain though and takes much longer so that's the price you pay. At least if you take them off the safe way where they don't damage your nails. You have to use 100% Acetone and do the "Cotton Ball/Wrap in Foil" method for an hour and they slide right off. I actually really love the dip and can't ever see me going back to regular polish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I don't belong in this thread because I do the bare minimum with beauty stuff lol. I don't even paint my nails.
    Same I have gotten so lazy. Unless its summer, then my toe nails are always done.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Once you get the hang of it, it's super easy and quick. Much quicker than painting your nails and waiting for them to dry for sure and they do last SO much longer. They also protect your nails so great! It's like a hard shell.

Taking it off can be a bit of a pain though and takes much longer so that's the price you pay. At least if you take them off the safe way where they don't damage your nails. You have to use 100% Acetone and do the "Cotton Ball/Wrap in Foil" method for an hour and they slide right off. I actually really love the dip and can't ever see me going back to regular polish.
    Is it damaging to nails? I have tried so many methods for polish throughout the years and have gone back to the old way of doing things...using nail polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Same I have gotten so lazy. Unless its summer, then my toe nails are always done.
    I always do my toenails year-round, and I am hit and miss on my nails. I will do them if we are going out or I am going to be around a lot of people, but otherwise I usually don't even though they make me happy when they are done. I stopped wearing all jewelry during the pandemic (even though I bought some, go figure) and I am trying to make more of an effort to at least put my anniversary band on now and it looks better when my nails are done.

So Angie and I were chatting offline. Who shaves everyday? I cannot go a day without shaving, it creeps me out, lol.

Not me, its winter here

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I always do my toenails year-round, and I am hit and miss on my nails. I will do them if we are going out or I am going to be around a lot of people, but otherwise I usually don't even though they make me happy when they are done. I stopped wearing all jewelry during the pandemic (even though I bought some, go figure) and I am trying to make more of an effort to at least put my anniversary band on now and it looks better when my nails are done.

So Angie and I were chatting offline. Who shaves everyday? I cannot go a day without shaving, it creeps me out, lol.
    I shave under my arms every day. My legs not so much lol. I always wear pants so I don't care, but I won't let them get too gross.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Is it damaging to nails? I have tried so many methods for polish throughout the years and have gone back to the old way of doing things...using nail polish.
    As long as you remove it the way that I posted above, NO. It's actually helped my nails grow longer because it's been a protective coat to ward against breaks and splits. My nails have never been better.

We're old, so you might remember those "SilkWraps" they used back in the day to protect fragile nails Dip is almost exactly like acrylic, but able to be done on your own and not as damaging.

ETA: Think of it as somewhere between gel and acrylic. Much stronger than gel and more affordable and DIY than acrylic and doesn't damage your nails.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 01-24-2024 at 11:31 AM.

As long as you remove it the way that I posted above, NO. It's actually helped my nails grow longer because it's been a protective coat to ward against breaks and splits. My nails have never been better.

We're old, so you might remember those "SilkWraps" they used back in the day to protect fragile nails Dip is almost exactly like acrylic, but able to be done on your own and not as damaging.

ETA: Think of it as somewhere between gel and acrylic. Much stronger than gel and more affordable and DIY than acrylic and doesn't damage your nails.
    I am going to order some today. I may need hand holding, and since I like to do my nails late at night I may be WhatsApping you at 3am if it all goes horribly wrong.

I did silk wraps in school and had to do them for my license.

I had gel nails when I was in school, so I could do other peoples nails and not fuck them up.

They didnt have this new product 20 years ago when I was in school, but my cousin's wife does them and they look great!

Im so old that gel nails with the light were the new cool thing.

Thank you for this. I am definitely going to try it now!!!

I did silk wraps in school and had to do them for my license.

I had gel nails when I was in school, so I could do other peoples nails and not fuck them up.

They didnt have this new product 20 years ago when I was in school, but my cousin's wife does them and they look great!

Im so old that gel nails with the light were the new cool thing.
    Your license?

Your license?
    I was licensed as a nail technician, independant contractor, and licensed salon manager. My license lapsed in 2011. Now Im a registered veterinary technician, and im not allowed to hold any other licenses.

I worked in salons for years. Mostly as salon coordinator.

I was having severe pain in my wrists and hands. So I stopped doing nails.

ETA My fave job was working at dillards spa. It was such a peaceful environment. But I felt like something was missing, I wanted to make a difference.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 01-24-2024 at 05:21 PM.

I am going to order some today. I may need hand holding, and since I like to do my nails late at night I may be WhatsApping you at 3am if it all goes horribly wrong.
    *Boston pictures RBW with dip powder everywhere and her WhatsApp open and a panicked look on her face while Boston is fast asleep*

It's intimidating to look at since it's so different. I resisted it for a long time because it seemed so complicated by looking at what you had to do, but trust me. It's SO easy. Watch some YouTube videos on it and that will help immensely. Your first or second shot at it may not turn out perfect, but you'll get the hang of it quickly. Just remember that you can always remove it and try again. But honestly, it's a lot simpler than it looks. I promise you. The dip won't stick to your skin so it's very forgiving. If some gets on your skin, it'll just peel right off. I always start with a clear coat to make the nail bed even then do a couple of dips of color. The important thing is to not go too close to the cuticle because then it looks unnatural.

I was licensed as a nail technician, independant contractor, and licensed salon manager. My license lapsed in 2011. Now Im a registered veterinary technician, and im not allowed to hold any other licenses.

I worked in salons for years. Mostly as salon coordinator.

I was having severe pain in my wrists and hands. So I stopped doing nails.

ETA My fave job was working at dillards spa. It was such a peaceful environment. But I felt like something was missing, I wanted to make a difference.
    That is so awesome. I can only imagine the pain one would experience doing that kind of work though. One of my favorite jobs in my life was working at the cosmetics counter in JC Penney. I loved it.

I can't wait to hear how it goes.

That is so awesome. I can only imagine the pain one would experience doing that kind of work though. One of my favorite jobs in my life was working at the cosmetics counter in JC Penney. I loved it.
    OMG that was my dream job I never got to do. Did you apply make up to customers?

I can't wait to hear how it goes.
    I bought this last night. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It is coming with my subscribe and save and there was a $4.00 off coupon, so I got it for less than $20-SCORE!

It should be here this weekend, so I will let everyone know how it goes. I am excited to try it.

OMG that was my dream job I never got to do. Did you apply make up to customers?
    I did. It was so fun!

I bought this last night. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It is coming with my subscribe and save and there was a $4.00 off coupon, so I got it for less than $20-SCORE!

It should be here this weekend, so I will let everyone know how it goes. I am excited to try it.
    Can't wait to hear how it goes, as I am going to live vicariously through you on this before I buy.

I read the instructions and just some pointers:

You don't need to file the surface of your nails and this is an issue for people with thin nails. What that does is give a "rougher" surface for the dip to stick to. I don't like doing that because my nails are so thin. What really works is having a COMPLETELY dry nail. So, make sure that your nails haven't come in to contact with water for at least an hour, if you can go even longer the better. I always begin by using rubbing alcohol on my nails to dry it out even more. If anything, you can lightly buff your nails but it's not completely necessary. The base should adhere as long as the nails are completely dry.

Make sure that once you are done that you use cuticle oil all over and moisturize your hands because the alcohol and activator will dry them out.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know. I swear by watching YouTube University on this stuff because it'll really give you good tips.

Has anyone here ever used the razor combs like this?

https://www.amazon.com/BANGMENG-Cutt...02&sr=8-7&th=1

Has anyone here ever used the razor combs like this?

https://www.amazon.com/BANGMENG-Cutt...02&sr=8-7&th=1
    Never heard of that. I wouldn't even know how to use this...? lol.

Never heard of that. I wouldn't even know how to use this...? lol.
    You use it to thin and to give texture/layers.

Thread Information