Page 295 of 298 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 7442

Thread: beauty

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Acrylic, I think. We rent.
    I used regular disinfectant wipes. I have the magic eraser, but haven't used it yet.
    Be careful, acrylic can be damaged by certain cleaners. I think you would be safe trying the magic eraser though. I have used that and Dawn dishwashing liquid on some tubs when I was afraid to use something stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I wouldn't use this on an acrylic tub (that's why I asked her) but my magic secret cleaner is the blue or black lysol toilet bowl cleaner. It will take rust out of steel tubs. It will pretty much clean anything. I thought we were going to have to replace the tub in our newest rent house, and I tried everything I found suggested online and nothing worked. On a whim I put the lysol toilet bown cleaner (has to be the blue or black bottle), left it a few minutes, and the tub looked like new after I scrubbed it.
    Hm, I may have to try this. My shower has streaks that even my housekeeper can't get out. It's just Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, in a blue or black bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Hm, I may have to try this. My shower has streaks that even my housekeeper can't get out. It's just Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, in a blue or black bottle?
    Yes. I squirted it on pretty thick, and then used a wet towel to smear it around all over the place, then I let it sit for about 10 minutes and scrubbed it again and then rinsed. I had to do it twice, but I had pretty heavy rust stains, so your mileage may vary on needing to do it more than once. It will kind of bleach the tub, so you want to get a pretty even coating so that it doesn't bleach one part more than another part. I will see if I can find a pic of my tub and how bad it was before I did it.

Be careful, acrylic can be damaged by certain cleaners. I think you would be safe trying the magic eraser though. I have used that and Dawn dishwashing liquid on some tubs when I was afraid to use something stronger.
    Thanks for the tips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I don't normally pay attention to infomercials, but I have been seeing the Meaningful Beauty infomercials and I am interested. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? I want to believe.

I don't normally pay attention to infomercials, but I have been seeing the Meaningful Beauty infomercials and I am interested. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? I want to believe.
    Never heard of it, what is that?

I want to get the Flawless Touch for your eyebrows, I wonder if it works well.

The infomercial that always cracks me up that doesn't seem real - that miracle water stuff. Like, do religious people really fall for it?? "I got the Mirclae Water and I then I got a check in the mail for $10,000!" Okay Steve.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The infomercial that always cracks me up that doesn't seem real - that miracle water stuff. Like, do religious people really fall for it?? "I got the Mirclae Water and I then I got a check in the mail for $10,000!" Okay Steve.
    I need to pick up a bottle of this. Where does one find this magic water?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Some "reverend" sells it on TV haha

I too have missed this magic water infomercial. Yesterday I saw some eyebrow infomercial 800 times. Not sure if it's the same one you are talking about Nic. Eyebrows are kind of an afterthought for me, even though I know they are super important right now. I'm just kind of meh about eyebrows.

Some "reverend" sells it on TV haha
    https://www.truthinadvertising.org/p...-spring-water/

UPDATE 4/28/20: Peter Popoff still wants to send you his “miracle spring water,” only now, in the middle of a pandemic when many people could use a miracle, he doesn’t want you to drink it. At least that’s according to his website, which warns in red capital letters: “DO NOT INGEST THE MIRACLE SPRING WATER.” However, this message has not made its way to the people in Peter Popoff’s commercials, who continue to say things like, “I had called and asked for the miracle spring water and I drunk it. I end up getting a check for $7,000” and “Get the spring water, drink the spring water or whatever you need to do with it. It really works.” But does it? The website also says there is “nothing magical or mystical” about the MIRACLE spring water. Our original ad alert follows.

If you’ve watched any television in the last, oh, 30-something years, you’ve probably glimpsed Peter Popoff on your screen. A popular televangelist in the 1980s, Popoff can now be seen in commercials touting his “miracle spring water.” In one recent ad, above, “real people with real needs” claim to have received checks totaling as much as $45,000 after sending for the water — without any indication of where the checks came from, which thoroughly confused TINA.org reader Chuck S.

“These gifts are said to be miracles,” Chuck wrote to TINA.org. “How can someone receive a check as a miracle? Checks have to be drawn on an account belonging to someone.”

Yet Popoff seems to ignore this basic accounting truth.

“This faith tool (that is, the miracle spring water, which, according to GQ, is Poland Spring with a splash of holy water) will help you to see liberation from the bondage of debt,” Popoff says in the ad. “It’s free. I want to send it to you, no obligation. Call me now.”

We could have written this off as an obvious scam but given that Popoff has such a colorful past (he was one of the first to enter our Wall of Shame in 2012), we decided to take a closer look. We ordered the water in October 2018. Here’s what happened next.

Within a couple weeks, the water arrived in the mail, along with a long letter from Popoff in which he prophesied that “a sudden release of money … somewhere between $1,900 and $19,000” was headed our way. All we had to do was use the water as directed and one other small thing. “SEND EXACTLY $19.00,” Popoff wrote. “Because 1 is the number of the Father … and 9 is the number of NEW BIRTH.” Sure, why not? We sent the $19.

About a month later, we received a response from Popoff thanking us for the “seed-gift of $19.00,” which we were assured would soon bring us “a bountiful Harvest of Great Blessings.” Popoff said to let him know as soon as that happens. Well, it’s been more than five months since we initially sent for the miracle spring water and we’re still waiting for our check. In the meantime, we’ve accumulated many additional requests from Popoff for varying amounts of money (which may help to explain how he’s able to afford a multimillion-dollar home, according to GQ). Here are a few of the additional appeals for cash we’ve received from Popoff, each from a different letter:

OBEY GOD IN SOWING A SEED OF $27.00. If you have to borrow it, or let something go for a few days. . . DO IT! I SEE A NEW ENDEAVOR THAT WILL BRING MAGNIFICENT REWARDS IN 3 MONTHS FROM THE DAY YOU OBEY GOD IN THIS. (Bottom of page 7.)
    STEP 4 — Psalm 34:19 is the key to unlocking your MIRACLE PROVISION. Open your check book and write a check in the amount of $34.19 and write “MY MIRACLE SEED” in the memo. If you want to sow a seed for a loved one, write a second check for $34.19 and write “MIRACLE SEED for a loved one” in the Memo. If you send an additional check, I will prophetically seek the Lord on their behalf — as well as yours. (Top of page 12.)
    … I feel led of God as His Prophet of Prosperity… to ask you in Jesus’ Name to sow a seed with the Number 8 in it … and the seed God showed me is $28.00. … Don’t let satan talk you out of sowing this $28.00 SEED OF NEW BEGINNINGS… (Bottom of page 9.)
    Try and write back within 24 hours. There are further Prophetic Instructions I must share with you when I receive your “Worthy Portion” offering of $33 and your prayer page back this week. (Middle of page 4.)
    As God’s prophet of increase… I am directed to ask you to sow a seed of $40.00. This is the seed God will use to break loose your harvest of miracles. (Middle of page 10.)

Several of these letters came with objects Popoff said would help spark our financial miracle. They included a green prayer cloth (one of four color varieties, see below), which Popoff said to “saturate … with positive thoughts of money windfalls and opportunities,” and a wristband with several $1,000s printed on it that we were instructed to wear for exactly 8 minutes.

YOU MEAN THE MIRACLE WATER IS ACTUALLY A SCAM?!?!

You know older, religious people probably keep sending money and that's really sad...

I too have missed this magic water infomercial. Yesterday I saw some eyebrow infomercial 800 times. Not sure if it's the same one you are talking about Nic. Eyebrows are kind of an afterthought for me, even though I know they are super important right now. I'm just kind of meh about eyebrows.
    It's a hair removal thing, like when they came out with the Flawless Touch to remove unwanted facial hair. The eyebrow one has a smaller pointed tip to be able to get the hair around your eyebrows. I hate plucking so this seems like heaven if it actually works.

I used to not do anything with my eyebrows but as I got older and I saw pics, I realized it looks like I have no eyebrows. I don't have as much eyebrow hair and it's a lot lighter now, so I actually have to buy the pencil and fill it in. It's a pain in the ass.

I use flawless touch for my upper lip hair. Im italian so the hairs out of control.

I cant use the eyebrow one because I have ingrown hairs.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I use flawless touch for my upper lip hair. Im italian so the hairs out of control.

I cant use the eyebrow one because I have ingrown hairs.
    But you like the flawless touch in general and it actually works? I might have to look at the eyebrow one. Nic has shamed me into thinking I might need to do something with mine.

But you like the flawless touch in general and it actually works? I might have to look at the eyebrow one. Nic has shamed me into thinking I might need to do something with mine.
    My bad!

If you look fine without having to do anything, then just leave it :) I HATE having to color them in every morning...ugh.

Ditto. And thank you for reminding me that they are "super important right now." Plucking out hairs totally creeps me out. Shaving is bad enough, but PLUCKING? On the rare occasion when I do anything with my eyebrows, I get them waxed - over and done, quick like a bunny.

YOU MEAN THE MIRACLE WATER IS ACTUALLY A SCAM?!?!
    Bite your tongue! I just ordered a case.

Me too, but you'd never know it. My seven sisters and brothers have the beautiful olive skin, black eyes, and dark hair. I'm a green-eyed redhead with goth-white skin. I guess I should be grateful I don't have to deal with lip hair, though. #switchedatbirth
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I have not tried the eyebrow one, just the regular one. The thing that does suck about it is that you have to go over the same area a couple of times.

Ditto. And thank you for reminding me that they are "super important right now." Plucking out hairs totally creeps me out. Shaving is bad enough, but PLUCKING? On the rare occasion when I do anything with my eyebrows, I get them waxed - over and done, quick like a bunny.

Me too, but you'd never know it. My seven sisters and brothers have the beautiful olive skin, black eyes, and dark hair. I'm a green-eyed redhead with goth-white skin. I guess I should be grateful I don't have to deal with lip hair, though. #switchedatbirth
    You should see my dad, he looks like hes wearing a sweater of hair

My sister ended up with blue eyes and blonde hair Ive always been jealous. I hate how dark my eyes are, I think it makes me look mean. When I had blue contacts everyone said i looked nicer. Since my eyes were so dark it make me look like i had huge pupils, and i looked weird.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

My mother is Cherokee, like black hair, black eyes, dark skin. I am colored up the same as KT. I'm pretty sure I'm team switchedatbirth too. I wish I could get a nice tan and not freckles.

Let us know how the magic water goes.

Lets all work on making eyebrows not an important thing right now! #trendchangers
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 08-10-2020 at 07:21 PM.

My sister ended up with blue eyes and blonde hair Ive always been jealous. I hate how dark my eyes are, I think it makes me look mean. When I had blue contacts everyone said i looked nicer. Since my eyes were so dark it make me look like i had huge pupils, and i looked weird.
    I call them "black eyes," and I absolutely love them. They look like little terrier eyes, like black marbles.

My mother is Cherokee, like black hair, black eyes, dark skin. I am colored up the same as KT. I'm pretty sure I'm team switchedatbirth too. I wish I could get a nice tan and not freckles.
    I swear, the more I learn about you the more convinced I am that we are twins, separated AND switchedatbirth!

Are you left-handed by any chance...?
    Last edited by KimTisha; 08-11-2020 at 09:40 AM.

I swear, the more I learn about you the more convinced I am that we are twins, separated AND switchedatbirth!

Are you left-handed by any chance...?
    Nope, sorry. But we're probably fraternal vs. identical.

Nope, sorry. But we're probably fraternal vs. identical.
    That would 'splain it!

That miracle water sounds like the power of positive thinking or the secret or whatever you call it.
    I bought some holy water from that chapel in New Mexico where a mysterious carpenter showed up and built a staircase then disappeared.
    So far, no windfall. I have thought about taking my empty bottle and going to a catholic church for a refill. Lol!

Oh and hair. I used to have hair past my boobs. Used to. With this whole pandemic, I let my husband cut it after watching YouTube videos. Big mistake! I told him to not cut past my shoulders. Guess what he did?! You got it! My shortest piece of hair hits my mouth area. I was seriously thinking about shaving it all off. I was pissed! I've since calmed down. It actually does look ok if short hair is what I wanted, but I didn't. I think I'm going to put him back in the dog house.

Oh and hair. I used to have hair past my boobs. Used to. With this whole pandemic, I let my husband cut it after watching YouTube videos. Big mistake! I told him to not cut past my shoulders. Guess what he did?! You got it! My shortest piece of hair hits my mouth area. I was seriously thinking about shaving it all off. I was pissed! I've since calmed down. It actually does look ok if short hair is what I wanted, but I didn't. I think I'm going to put him back in the dog house.
    Some how I missed this, lol Are you more ok with the shorter hair now? I'm debating letting my husband cut my hair. My hair isn't super long (not quite shoulder length) but it's all uneven because it was a jaw line length A line bob when I got it cut last back in February. It needs to be evened up.

On a different topic, does anyone use anything from The Ordinary skincare line? I have only recently heard of it, but I want to try some of their products. Just curious if anyone uses/has used it and what they think.

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel (no UV light needed)-this stuff really works, and this is coming from someone who never did her nails because the polish started coming off within an hour or two. I am working on day 4 of my manicure, and so far it still looks great.

Thread Information