Page 284 of 298 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 7442

Thread: beauty

anyone use nutri ox for fine/thin hair? i just bought some today and want to know if it has helped anyone. /hate my hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

HELP. I am in a wedding on Saturday and I have the biggest blind zit I've ever had. It is SO sore. How can I get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    HELP. I am in a wedding on Saturday and I have the biggest blind zit I've ever had. It is SO sore. How can I get rid of it?
    http://treatpimple.blogspot.com/2012...treatment.html

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Crush an anti inflammatory like Advil and make a paste..mix it with honey and lemon juice if u have it! Aspirin will work too. Apply to zit and cover with band aid to sleep. Very green banana peel will work really well too. Take a piece and put it flesh side down on your pimple and cover with band aid to sleep. Don't squeeze (and I'm the worst at giving advice because I want to so badly!) And don't do the toothpaste thing because it dries out everything it touches. The only thing worse than a pimple is a dry scaly pimple! Use something like Visine the day off to take the red out, and ice to reduce the swelling. Preparation H on the pimple also reduces swelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Crush an anti inflammatory like Advil and make a paste..mix it with honey and lemon juice if u have it! Aspirin will work too. Apply to zit and cover with band aid to sleep. Very green banana peel will work really well too. Take a piece and put it flesh side down on your pimple and cover with band aid to sleep. Don't squeeze (and I'm the worst at giving advice because I want to so badly!) And don't do the toothpaste thing because it dries out everything it touches. The only thing worse than a pimple is a dry scaly pimple! Use something like Visine the day off to take the red out, and ice to reduce the swelling. Preparation H on the pimple also reduces swelling.
    Do I just use one asprin/advil? Is it okay to do it daily until pimple goes away?

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Yup...just crush one and mix it with a little water or whatever to make a paste. Actual Aspirin works really well if you have it!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Liquid foundation or powder foundation, which do you prefer and why? I used to be able to get away with tinted moisturizer but can't anymore. I've been looking at a few different options but I'm not sure what to go with.

Absolutely liquid here. Depends on how much coverage you need and type of skin etc, but my all time favourite makeup product is mac studio fix foundation. Lasts all day, covers everything.

My favourite scrub for breakouts is St. Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot. I have never had a problem with breakouts but I still use this
    and I love it. Also, Queen Helene Mint Julep Facial Masque works good and you can use it as a spot treatment too.

I have used both these for years and they are also inexpensive and easy to find.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmisasadist View Post
    Liquid foundation or powder foundation, which do you prefer and why? I used to be able to get away with tinted moisturizer but can't anymore. I've been looking at a few different options but I'm not sure what to go with.
    I use Loreal True Match Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation, along with the concealer and mineral illuminator (use sparingly). Loreal is the only brand of mineral
    foundations I can wear. I have very sensitive skin and everyone is different when it comes to the mineral foundations, you just have to experiment.

Moisturizing skin first is a necessity and it is easy and quick to apply. I also can get away with just concealer in various spots with a loose powder or compact powder.

I worked for JB Whites/Dillards salon for almost 10 years and I got a discount. I used Lancome mostly but I also tried the other brands and I can find no difference
    with the OTC make-up and skin care (generic OLAY is all I use now). Just from my own experience.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Has anyone heard of using coconut oil on your hair? Like Argan oil?

I have. I have extremely dry hair and skin, I've used as a hair Serum when using my hot iron, and as a deep conditioner. I love it. But I would think if you have normal or oily hair it would be to much.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

i use coconut oil in my hair. i slather my hair with it prior to washing, generally the night before. on sundays, i do it in the morning and wash my hair at night, after i've sweat all the fluid out of my body at practice. i don't wash my hair very often, a few times a week. here's a blurry, pasty selfie but it gives you an idea of what i'm working with on my head:
    [/URL]

before you all side eye me, you don't really need to wash your hair daily and doing so can be really bad for your hair/scalp. blah blah blah, i know i can be particularly super crunchy hippie, but whatever. my hair doesn't smell and doesn't start getting gross and greasy until like, day 4 or 5, and if i've gone that long without washing it, it's because i'm in a funk. the desire to not wash my hair is usually the first outward sign. ha. eew. there was a gross hair period breaking out of the vicious hairwashing cycle, which i did using a version of the no 'poo method. i also realize this might not work for everyone but it totally works for my thick, coarse hair. it also works because i keep my hairstyling regimen to a minimum. i don't use product in my hair and i don't heat style it anymore. my secret to long, strong, and shiny hair is keeping shit super low maintenance. i brush it after i wash it, when it's still wet and i use shampoo bars or super gentle liquid soap, like baby soap/body wash. no conditioner to follow.

but sheesh. you weren't asking about my regimen, i'm on a fucking roll with the too much info. i started using coconut oil when i noticed my hair was looking dull and was dealing with a drier than usual scalp and nasty dandruff this past winter. my hair is shiny again and my mostly gray and black wardrobe is no longer plagued with snow.

be sure to use unrefined virgin coconut oil. i use fancy organic shit but i don't know if organic is necessary but the unrefined virgin part is. my first round of coconut oil in my hair involved some fancy indian product that was inferior and turned me off to coconut oil for a couple years. i had no idea there was a difference, but the refined indian stuff smelled like a cross between toasted coconut and buttered popcorn jelly belly jelly beans and it didn't wash out very well.

step-by-step instructions:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Coconut-O...-Hair-and-Skin

oh and i skip the microwave part. i don't own one and it's been hot out so the oil is liquid. when it's a solid, i just take a scoop and let it melt using body temp. might be a little messier but i also apply it in the bathroom, naked, and rub whatever doesn't make it in my hair into my skin. *shrug*
    Last edited by whackjob; 05-05-2014 at 01:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

I am mainly looking for something that will tame my flyaways. My hair is fairly dry - I usually wash every 2nd/3rd day but only because I feel really self conscious at the first sign of oil. I get quite bad psoriasis so I generally use a coal tar shampoo with a heavy duty conditioner to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by whackjob View Post
    before you all side eye me, you don't really need to wash your hair daily and doing so can be really bad for your hair/scalp. blah blah blah, i know i can be particularly super crunchy hippie, but whatever. my hair doesn't smell and doesn't start getting gross and greasy until like, day 4 or 5, and if i've gone that long without washing it, it's because i'm in a funk. the desire to not wash my hair is usually the first outward sign. ha. eew. there was a gross hair period breaking out of the vicious hairwashing cycle, which i did using a version of the no 'poo method. i also realize this might not work for everyone but it totally works for my thick, coarse hair. it also works because i keep my hairstyling regimen to a minimum. i don't use product in my hair and i don't heat style it anymore. my secret to long, strong, and shiny hair is keeping shit super low maintenance. i brush it after i wash it, when it's still wet and i use shampoo bars or super gentle liquid soap, like baby soap/body wash. no conditioner to follow.
    The only time my hair gets washed is when I'm at the salon getting a haircut or color, and when they do it, it's the no-poo shampoo by devacurl.

At home, I only use conditioner.

Also, my hair doesn't smell or look greasy. Contrary, my curly hair needs all those oils.

As for coconut oil: I use it on my ends with good success. If I use it all over, my hair would be too oily.

I am mainly looking for something that will tame my flyaways. My hair is fairly dry - I usually wash every 2nd/3rd day but only because I feel really self conscious at the first sign of oil. I get quite bad psoriasis so I generally use a coal tar shampoo with a heavy duty conditioner to balance it out.
    i have success with dryer sheets. it's very windy and static-y where i live and i have thin fine hair rubbing down my hair with a dryer sheet helps remove the static and keep my hair down without weighing my hair down or making it look greasy. i think you are looking for something more substantial though.

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    My favourite scrub for breakouts is St. Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot. I have never had a problem with breakouts but I still use this
    and I love it. Also, Queen Helene Mint Julep Facial Masque works good and you can use it as a spot treatment too.

I have used both these for years and they are also inexpensive and easy to find.
    I love Queen Helene Mint Julep masque. I have the Mud Pack one now, but I like the mint julep better. I just like to use these things - not for anything specific.

RBW - I prefer liquid foundation, but I use powder sometimes too.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    anyone use nutri ox for fine/thin hair? i just bought some today and want to know if it has helped anyone. /hate my hair.
    No, but let us know how it works. My hair seems to be thinning out. A couple of months ago it was falling out from stress, so I need all the help I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    No, but let us know how it works. My hair seems to be thinning out. A couple of months ago it was falling out from stress, so I need all the help I can get.
    it's a definite improvement on the hair loss... i used to pull handfuls of strands while i was showering, now i'll maybe pull one or two. it's hard for me to judge though because i got a stupid perm last year and now the bottom half of my hair is friztastic but the upper half is fine.

i'm not sure if it has helped new hair grow or if it's just old hair that broke off growing back in, but i have plenty of short fly-away guys all over my head.

i'd give it a shot. the bottle should last about a month and it's not that expensive.

Just a piece of advice for anyone considering trying that No No hair removal thing. My ex's niece sent it to him so I could try it. It absolutely sucks. You have to go over and over the area, and occasionally a piece of hair will burn off. I gave up after using it forever on my legs. You have to use a buffer afterwards, but that didn't work either. The thing absolutely sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Just a piece of advice for anyone considering trying that No No hair removal thing. My ex's niece sent it to him so I could try it. It absolutely sucks. You have to go over and over the area, and occasionally a piece of hair will burn off. I gave up after using it forever on my legs. You have to use a buffer afterwards, but that didn't work either. The thing absolutely sucks.

Holy shit, it's fucking expensive for something that doesn't work. I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

yeah, i totally wanted one so i looked into it before. i hate shaving with a passion so i only do it if i have to attend a wedding or something.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    yeah, i totally wanted one so i looked into it before. i hate shaving with a passion so i only do it if i have to attend a wedding or something.
    I live alone and haven't been dating, so I let it grow if I want to. I started shaving sitting on the edge of the tub because my eyes are so bad I can't see the hair in the shower.

i can't understand why they haven't made effective electric razors for women. i've found some that were more like trimmers for bikini areas, but they are very harsh and damaging if you slip.

i feel like men's electric razors are for thicker hair and wouldn't be effective on thin leg hair. if i could find an electric razor that works, i'd be clean shaven everyday.

Thread Information