Page 12 of 298 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: beauty

Re: beauty

I've heard ProActiv works great for some people, but it was a horror for me. I probably should never have used it because at the time I wasn't really having problems with acne, but with the occasional PM related breakout, so it was a dumb move on my part. I have such sensitive skin, it dried my skin out horribly, and actually caused me to break out worse. Then I switched to Nivea, and it worked so wonderfully I swear I'll never use anything else.

[quote author=vaga link=topic=6417.msg518518#msg518518 date=1188332738]

LIKE WHAT!!!  :-o I use that for my lips all the time. I always buy the small ones! eep! 

thanks!!  everyone! I will try out bare minerals.
    [/quote]

i wonder if the same applies to those little jars of Carmex lip balm you can buy?!?

I want in this thread.  I needs all kindsa help.  :oops:

Me too, allie. I hate make-up, I never pick out the right stuff.

[quote author=kim_cg link=topic=6417.msg518536#msg518536 date=1188334445]
    Me too, allie. I hate make-up, I never pick out the right stuff.
    [/quote]

Same here so if it's not Bare Minerals, I buy it at Rite Aid where I can return it if it's the wrong color 
    I like the lip stains because I am far too lazy to reapply my lip color throughout the day.

[quote author=habibyalby link=topic=6417.msg518483#msg518483 date=1188330865]

Bare Minerals! I would post a pic but I'm scared to death of posting my pic on a public forum. I have really fair skin and very green eyes, and the Bare Minerals line is perfect because I want something that highlights my features but looks natural. I love the natural look, I pretty much only wear the Bare Minerals, lip gloss, and mascara.

For beauty tips, I mix honey and a dash of whole milk together for a face mask, it makes your skin really healthy. And I swear by vaseline, especially for the lips, since I get dry lips often and this is a great treatment.
    [/quote]

Ditto.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=6417.msg518537#msg518537 date=1188334580]
    Same here so if it's not Bare Minerals, I buy it at Rite Aid where I can return it if it's the wrong color 
    I like the lip stains because I am far too lazy to reapply my lip color throughout the day.
    [/quote]

I just read somewhere that strawberry or cherry jello make a great lip stain.

I really only use lip gloss because lipstick never really looks right on me, I am convinced I have weird coloring because it just doesn't do anything for me. But I would be thrilled if I could find a fantastic lipstick.

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=6417.msg518537#msg518537 date=1188334580]
    [/quote]

I have the most pale skin, ever, so I can never find a foundation that looks right. The only one I can ever use is Loreal True Match in Porcelain. :|

Do they sell Bare Minerals at any big dept stores so I can go in and have them find my right colors?

The things I like to use and reccomend:

Hair Products-
    As far as hair products go I'm in love with Pureology. It has a really nice natural smell, makes my hair beautiful and shiny, plus it prevents my color from fading. As far as their shampoo's and conditioners go I've used Hydrate, Purevolume, and SuperStraight. They do just what they are supposed to. Hydrate conditioner is awesome because it makes your scalp tingle! As for as styling products go I recommend Power Dressing for pretty much everyone, it just helps prepare your hair to do what you want it to.

If you're blonde Redken's Blonde Glam is great. It gives blonde hair a really pretty shimmer. Also if your blonde and trying to battle brassiness Matrix Essentials So Silver shampoo works fabulously!

If you want a lot of fullness and height BigSexyHair What A Tease backcomb in a bottle is the best thing I know of. I did a poof at the front of my hair one day with this stuff and it was touching the ceiling of my car!

Make-up:

For eyeshadows if I want to have a glittery look I like to use Urban Decay. Grind and Uzi are my favorite glitters. For UD  eyeshadows I also love Asphyxia, Last Call, and Smog. Bed Head also makes some great eyeshadows that have a shimmer to them, there are also really great matte shades as well. I love their black eyeshadow. I also love the Almay eyeshadows for each eyecolor.

For eyeliners I love Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on..It works Great! Goes on really smoothly and lasts. I also really like bed heads eyeliner pencils, they're nice and smooth. As far as liquid goes I like Lancome Artliner the best so far. Liquid liner can take some practice for some people though..so PRACTICE before you go out in public! lol..My mom thinks she can apply liquid eyeliner but she just looks like a make up mess...its sad.

Mascara, my favorite is definitely Urban Decay Big Fatty mascara, it makes my lashes look really full..My only complaint is that the brush is really big so sometimes I get mascara on my skin. So if you use it just be careful to not get it on your cheeks or by your brows!

Foundation-I just recently started using Sheer Cover because they sell it at Target, but they only sell the little starter kits so I'll probably switch over to BareMinerals when I'm out of it.I really like the way the mineral make up makes my skin look, and it hasn't caused me to breakout like the cover girl stuff I was using before. As far as drugstore foundation Neutrogena is my favorite.

Lips-
    I looove Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Lip Plumper. Its fabulous!!

My new favorite lip gloss though is Maybelline Shinylicious in LollyPink. It looks perfect, smells/tastes good, and is probably the best "simple" gloss I've worn so far.

As far as chapped lips go, use Aquaphor! I LOVE this stuff! Works way better than anything else. A Dermatologist reccomended it to me.

I've come to the realization that everyone has a different complexion, so what works for you.. isn't going to be the best choice for your BFF. I do know that you cannot be cheap when it comes to foundation.. there is a HUGE difference between Maybelline and Chanel. I noticed that the girls who NEVER get zits can work with the supermarket foundation and be fine. Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with skin like that.. and after a week with it on my face.. I'll have breakouts everywhere. So, with that being said.. my personal favorite is Bobbi Brown foundation.. second choice would be Estee Lauder. If you have oily skin.. buying a powder (that goes with your foundation) is a must. Loose powder is the best..(stays at home though).. and a compact for your purse. Concerning eyeshadow, foundation or a primer on your eyelid is a must. If you want something that is going to stand out and be the purest most radiant color ever... MAC is the only way to go. I'll admit, I have some regular neutral colors that were bought at the market.. and they are fine for those days you just want to blend in with everyone else. I like MAC lipgloss.. they have a variety of colors and it's thicker then the average gloss. Okay, I'm done. I love this kind of talk

[quote author=habibyalby link=topic=6417.msg518521#msg518521 date=1188332849]
    I've heard ProActiv works great for some people, but it was a horror for me. I probably should never have used it because at the time I wasn't really having problems with acne, but with the occasional PM related breakout, so it was a dumb move on my part. I have such sensitive skin, it dried my skin out horribly, and actually caused me to break out worse. Then I switched to Nivea, and it worked so wonderfully I swear I'll never use anything else.
    [/quote]

Proactive did not work for me either. I just started using something by L'orel that is similar and it seems to be working. I am a little concerned though because my face burns for a few hours after i use it. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Proactiv worked for me, MAJOR.

When I lived in Japan, all of a sudden I had pimples on my cheeks all the time, and it blasted them away.

I also use Clinique and Noxema stuff. That shit works for me.

I switch up every few months, bc after a certain amount of time, whatever product I'm using doesn't work anymore, so I rotate around and come back.

Oil of Olay and Loreal facial moisturizers have a vendetta against my skin. HATE.  :x

[quote author=kim_cg link=topic=6417.msg518547#msg518547 date=1188335251]
    I have the most pale skin, ever, so I can never find a foundation that looks right. The only one I can ever use is Loreal True Match in Porcelain. :|

Do they sell Bare Minerals at any big dept stores so I can go in and have them find my right colors?
    [/quote]

Nope, check them out online.  You can get them on Ebay.  They do sell kits so you can find your perfect color OR mix your own until you are happy.

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=6417.msg518540#msg518540 date=1188334834]
    I just read somewhere that strawberry or cherry jello make a great lip stain.
    [/quote]

Note I said I was lazy  :lol:  Cover girl Outlast or Max Factor Lipfinity work for me and they are already made. 

[quote author=habibyalby link=topic=6417.msg518543#msg518543 date=1188334999]
    I really only use lip gloss because lipstick never really looks right on me, I am convinced I have weird coloring because it just doesn't do anything for me. But I would be thrilled if I could find a fantastic lipstick.
    [/quote]

Same here, hence the Rite Aid guarantee is my friend.  I've taken back more lip color and crap mascara, they must hate me.  :-P

I forgot about the Rite Aid makeup return policy.  I need to keep that in mind.

I need to find a GOOD waterproof mascara.  I can't wear regular because my eyes water when I sneeze, and since I sneeze from the sun, I'd be a mess. 

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=6417.msg519543#msg519543 date=1188398865]

I need to find a GOOD waterproof mascara.  I can't wear regular because my eyes water when I sneeze, and since I sneeze from the sun, I'd be a mess. 
    [/quote]

If you can find Max Factor Stretch and Separate, they make a waterproof version.  It's my fav mascara and of course, it's hard to find.  Maybeline's Full and Soft is a dismal replacement.  :|

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=6417.msg519551#msg519551 date=1188399468]
    If you can find Max Factor Stretch and Separate, they make a waterproof version.  It's my fav mascara and of course, it's hard to find.  Maybeline's Full and Soft is a dismal replacement.  :|
    [/quote]

Cool, thanks.  I'm going to look for it.  I just bought a Maybeline waterproof that didn't make the cut.  I looked like Alice Cooper by the time I got to work.

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=6417.msg519555#msg519555 date=1188399731]
    Cool, thanks.  I'm going to look for it.  I just bought a Maybeline waterproof that didn't make the cut.  I looked like Alice Cooper by the time I got to work.
    [/quote]

That's my issue with Covergirl mascaras too. I want  not 

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=6417.msg519557#msg519557 date=1188399828]
    That's my issue with Covergirl mascaras too. I want  not  :omfg:
    [/quote]

:lol:

oh, yeah Cover Girl mascara sucks. most Cover Girl makeup sucks to me.
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=6417.msg519560#msg519560 date=1188399981]
    :lol:

oh, yeah Cover Girl mascara sucks. most Cover Girl makeup sucks to me.
    [/quote]

Same here, gives me that oh so healthy orange glow  :|

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=6417.msg519562#msg519562 date=1188400116]
    Same here, gives me that oh so healthy orange glow  :|
    [/quote]

AND it stinks. win-win situation.

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=6417.msg519543#msg519543 date=1188398865]

[/quote]

they just put in a rite aid down the street from my work!

umm, i use maybelline lash stylist. i LOVE it.. these pics are GREAT, but they'll do.. to at least show you what the mascara brush does! it's AWESOME! it's like a little comb. gets every lash.

[quote author=Jessica link=topic=6417.msg519593#msg519593 date=1188401432]
    they just put in a rite aid down the street from my work!

umm, i use maybelline lash stylist. i LOVE it.. these pics are GREAT, but they'll do.. to at least show you what the mascara brush does! it's AWESOME! it's like a little comb. gets every lash.

[/quote]

My lashes would never look like that--I don't have that many and they're not long like yours. bih!!

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=6417.msg519254#msg519254 date=1188368367]
    Proactiv worked for me, MAJOR.

When I lived in Japan, all of a sudden I had pimples on my cheeks all the time, and it blasted them away.

I also use Clinique and Noxema stuff. That shit works for me.

I switch up every few months, bc after a certain amount of time, whatever product I'm using doesn't work anymore, so I rotate around and come back.

Oil of Olay and Loreal facial moisturizers have a vendetta against my skin. HATE.  :x
    [/quote]

i recommend doing that with hair products but never facial products. it takes 6 months for your skin to adjust to a product and the more you switch it up, the more it irritates your oil glands, causing clogged pores. so if youre switching any facial products, you should expect zits. even though theyre gross and i hate em, its necessary for your zits to rise to the surface in order to clear out, if youre using good stuff.

the best drug store acne treatment ive ever used is clean and clear persa gel. that shit is amazing!

and for exfoliating i like st ives apricot scrubs, in medicated.
    [img]http://www.acne.org/images/products/stives-med-apricot-scrub-large.jpg[/img

someone here said something about foundation being the thing you should expect to spend a lot of money on. its true. the best drug store foundation i can swear by is revlon colorstay. i usually buy the lightes and darkest shade, then blend till i find my color. that way if i tan or get ultra white, i can mix it for that too.

another foundation i LOVE is MAC studio fix fluid. i have a bunch of freckles on my upper cheeks, and my skin is so sensitive i rash or blush about 10 times a day, and you cant even tell.

if you like a dewy look, try MAC mineral foundation. its pretty but too light of a coverage for me.

MAC foundations are like 25 bucks but you use half of what you would get from the drug store because of the high pigments. (you can use em for a long time without having to throw them away cause they have a pump so bacteria doesn't get in)

my favorite waterproof mascara is maybeline last stylist in water proof. the wand is amazing, i just all around love this stuff.

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=6417.msg519614#msg519614 date=1188402014]
    My lashes would never look like that--I don't have that many and they're not long like yours. bih!!
    [/quote]

you can make your lashes look crazy long if you dip your mascara brush in the bottle, take it out and let the air thicken it up for a few seconds, then start the closest you can get the brush to your lash line and wiggle it back and forth as you pull the brush away. wait for your first coat to dry for a few seconds, then redip and do it again. by waiting youre letting the mascara dry just enough to get some good tension when applying your second coat. the pulling tension will elongate your lashes. my lashes are EXTREMELY short and i can pull em off so they look pretty long.

they look even longer without eye liner

Thread Information