Page 11 of 298 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: beauty

Re: beauty

[quote author=Trace link=topic=6417.msg327960#msg327960 date=1177941662]
    Gotta try that next.. I saw some interesting soaps at Whole Foods, but I have made a promise to myself (because I'm a product junkie like you :lol: ) to FINISH what I have first, before I buy anything new. I am so bad. I'll have like 1/4 of a bottle left of something, and then see a really awesome product and know very well I don't need it, but I'll get it anyway. Then when I get home I don't have the self-control to even put the new bottle away until I need it, and I end up using the new shit. And still have 93209123475 different things in the bathroom cabinet.

It drives my boyfriend crazy. :lol:

Anyone else have this issue? hahah
    [/quote]

Uh, yeah, about every 2 months or so I have to clear out about half of my shit and give it away.  It's a sad, sad, thing.

[quote author=Jessica link=topic=6417.msg327958#msg327958 date=1177941601]
    Where do you work, if you don't mind sharing?? I went to a place in my town called Heavenly Scent.. They make perfumes and lotions right in front of you! It's cool because you choose the scent you want, and then they mix it up. I didn't know this, but if you smell coffee beans between sniffing scents, it clears out your nose hairs, hahahaha.

That's where I got my goats milk soap. I forget what it's called now, but one bar was almost $6. 
    [/quote]

The place I work does the same thing, but after what happened with JustGretch, I don't think I'll be listing any personal shit like that up anytime soon!  But yeah, you pick what you want (salt bath, lotion, cream, etc...), pick the color, the fragrance (and we have about 200 oils to choose from), then if you want to add any extras like bath beads, little flowery bits, or glitter (???) and we do the mixing for you.  The products are really good and you can create your own particular fragrance.  I love it!
    The afro smiley is the coolest.&nbsp; :mrgreen:<br /><br /><br /><br />Can someone tell me why Holly&#039;s forehead is so big, yet her brain is so small?

[quote author=Allied Forces Unite link=topic=6417.msg327975#msg327975 date=1177942016]
    Uh, yeah, about every 2 months or so I have to clear out about half of my shit and give it away.&nbsp; It's a sad, sad, thing.

The place I work does the same thing, but after what happened with JustGretch, I don't think I'll be listing any personal shit like that up anytime soon!&nbsp; But yeah, you pick what you want (salt bath, lotion, cream, etc...), pick the color, the fragrance (and we have about 200 oils to choose from), then if you want to add any extras like bath beads, little flowery bits, or glitter (???) and we do the mixing for you.&nbsp; The products are really good and you can create your own particular fragrance.&nbsp; I love it!
    [/quote]

Yes, yes! the oils! They are in little tiny jars, on this big wooden stand, and you just pick the scent. They have things that smell just like name brand perfumes.. Like Love Spell from Victoria Secret, JLo's Glow.. Love At First Glow, Live.. etc etc.

I picked green lotion in this scent called China Rain. I FREAKIN LOVE IT!

[quote author=Jessica link=topic=6417.msg327976#msg327976 date=1177942174]
    Yes, yes! the oils! They are in little tiny jars, on this big wooden stand, and you just pick the scent. They have things that smell just like name brand perfumes.. Like Love Spell from Victoria Secret, JLo's Glow.. Love At First Glow, Live.. etc etc.

I picked green lotion in this scent called China Rain. I FREAKIN LOVE IT!
    [/quote]

I'll see if we have that oil.&nbsp; We don't have any that smell like perfume's though.&nbsp; It's usually just like fruits, aromatherapy, some herby stuff, florals, and food smells.&nbsp; But then we have a few weird one's like Sand, Ocean Breeze, and some others.&nbsp; I have to come up with different &quot;recipes&quot; to make certain fragrances.&nbsp; Like yesterday, I made Chocolate covered cherries, chocolate mint, and pineapple gardenia.&nbsp; I'm gonna have so much fun playing with this stuff!!&nbsp; The store hasn't opened yet so it's all new to everyone involved.&nbsp; I can't wait!!
    The afro smiley is the coolest.&nbsp; :mrgreen:<br /><br /><br /><br />Can someone tell me why Holly&#039;s forehead is so big, yet her brain is so small?

[quote author=Allied Forces Unite link=topic=6417.msg327984#msg327984 date=1177942569]
    I'll see if we have that oil.&nbsp; We don't have any that smell like perfume's though.&nbsp; It's usually just like fruits, aromatherapy, some herby stuff, florals, and food smells.&nbsp; But then we have a few weird one's like Sand, Ocean Breeze, and some others.&nbsp; I have to come up with different &quot;recipes&quot; to make certain fragrances.&nbsp; Like yesterday, I made Chocolate covered cherries, chocolate mint, and pineapple gardenia.&nbsp; I'm gonna have so much fun playing with this stuff!!&nbsp; The store hasn't opened yet so it's all new to everyone involved.&nbsp; I can't wait!!
    [/quote]

Damn, we used to have a place like that in the mall called Garden Botanika.. but then it closed (I have NO IDEA why) and they put some ugly, old people shoe store.. blah.
    [size=11pt]In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.[/size]&nbsp; [size=9pt]-Aristotle[/size]

I've always fancied making my own lotions and soaps, a girl I know does it.

Might look into a bit more.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=Allied Forces Unite link=topic=6417.msg327984#msg327984 date=1177942569]
    [/quote]

i like egyptian musk. yesterday i saw this oil that was &quot;butt naked&quot; scented. i wasnt ABOUT to smell that.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg328459#msg328459 date=1177956561]
    i like egyptian musk. yesterday i saw this oil that was &quot;butt naked&quot; scented. i wasnt ABOUT to smell that.
    [/quote]

If that's on the same page of egyptian goddess?&nbsp; I'm in love with that.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=6417.msg328359#msg328359 date=1177955177]
    I've always fancied making my own lotions and soaps, a girl I know does it.

Might look into a bit more.
    [/quote]

That is my DREAM. To have my own line of organic skin and hair care.

It will happen one day, dammit.. i'm determined!
    [size=11pt]In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.[/size]&nbsp; [size=9pt]-Aristotle[/size]

[quote author=Trace link=topic=6417.msg328506#msg328506 date=1177957232]

[/quote]

That would be cool!

There are loads of recipes and stuff on the net, I'm definitely going to have a good look into it.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=Trace link=topic=6417.msg328506#msg328506 date=1177957232]

[/quote]

Yay!
    When it happens, holla atcha girl.
    I'm a product whore.

ZOMBIE THREAD!&nbsp; :2thescream:

I'm bumping this cause i have some good tips.

When you take a shower, soap up AFTER you shampoo and condition your hair, same goes for washing your face. if not, the oils from your hair and conditioner will run down your face and bod-ay, causing acne&nbsp; :|

Tap your foundation on with a sponge or a brush, it makes your skin look flawless and still natural.

Instead of using powder to set your foundation, blot your face with a tissue. it removes shine without looking all caked.

Never pull the skin on your face down, ever!

When using blush, make sure you have two tones (a light and a dark) apply the darker shade on and just a tad bit under your cheek bone. blend upward. then apply the light (preferably shimmery) blush (or light bronzer) above the darker blush (blend down), to highlight. it looks awesome!

When you go to bed at night, put a light coat of unscented, alcohol free, lotion on your eye lashes. theyre easier to manage with mascara and stimulated growth.

Nice bump! I missed this thread the first time around.
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

K so I STILL don't know how to put make up on. And now that I'm getting older I feel I need it! Anyways.. I'm growing tired of my brown eyeliner , I basically&nbsp; just put some of that on my bottom lid and smear some on my top lid. but it never stays on all day.

so.. do you ladies keep reapplying your make up all day ? damn I feel like such a tomboy.

Anyways.. I odn't like looking OVER MADE either. I just want something I can do on a regular basis, with out looking like a clown.

any suggestions?
    What's a good &quot;makeup brand&quot;

should I just read this damn thread from the beginning? sigh!&nbsp;
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

[quote author=vaga link=topic=6417.msg518446#msg518446 date=1188328987]
    K so I STILL don't know how to put make up on. And now that I'm getting older I feel I need it! Anyways.. I'm growing tired of my brown eyeliner , I basically&nbsp; just put some of that on my bottom lid and smear some on my top lid. but it never stays on all day.

so.. do you ladies keep reapplying your make up all day ? damn I feel like such a tomboy.

Anyways.. I odn't like looking OVER MADE either. I just want something I can do on a regular basis, with out looking like a clown.

any suggestions?

[/quote]

try just using a thin black pencil on your waterline, and black mascara. that what i usually do on a regular day. and i dont ever need to reapply through the day. i use water proof liquid eyeliner. it stays on so good you have to literally peel it off, haha.

any suggestions?

[/quote]

mary kay

Hey Hotsauce you have any hints for under eye circles?
    I went to sephora this weekend and the chick tried 2 things on me and they looked like shit when she was done.
    The light was to light and the dark was to dark for my skin tone but the medium shade she had just didn't look right.
    I have tried so much shit I am about to give up.
    tried creams, the stick crap, liquid crap, I am lost.

any suggestions?

[/quote]

Bare Minerals! I would post a pic but I'm scared to death of posting my pic on a public forum. I have really fair skin and very green eyes, and the Bare Minerals line is perfect because I want something that highlights my features but looks natural. I love the natural look, I pretty much only wear the Bare Minerals, lip gloss, and mascara.

For beauty tips, I mix honey and a dash of whole milk together for a face mask, it makes your skin really healthy. And I swear by vaseline, especially for the lips, since I get dry lips often and this is a great treatment.

[quote author=habibyalby link=topic=6417.msg518483#msg518483 date=1188330865]

Bare Minerals! I would post a pic but I'm scared to death of posting my pic on a public forum. I have really fair skin and very green eyes, and the Bare Minerals line is perfect because I want something that highlights my features but looks natural. I love the natural look, I pretty much only wear the Bare Minerals, lip gloss, and mascara.

For beauty tips, I mix honey and a dash of whole milk together for a face mask, it makes your skin really healthy. And I swear by vaseline, especially for the lips, since I get dry lips often and this is a great treatment.
    [/quote]

I second that suggestion.&nbsp; No breakouts since I started using it either.&nbsp;

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=6417.msg518482#msg518482 date=1188330821]
    Hey Hotsauce you have any hints for under eye circles?
    I went to sephora this weekend and the chick tried 2 things on me and they looked like shit when she was done.
    The light was to light and the dark was to dark for my skin tone but the medium shade she had just didn't look right.
    I have tried so much shit I am about to give up.
    tried creams, the stick crap, liquid crap, I am lost.
    [/quote]

try a green concealer under your eyes before you put on foundation. or buy a really light high coverage foundation and mix it with a darker one to find a good match.

[quote author=habibyalby link=topic=6417.msg518483#msg518483 date=1188330865]

[/quote]

if you use vaseline make sure you keep the lid on tight and throw it away for a new one every couple of weeks. its hardcore breeding ground for bacteria. ive seen some nasty shit happen to people who use vaseline.

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=6417.msg518490#msg518490 date=1188331332]
    I second that suggestion.&nbsp; No breakouts since I started using it either.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Ok, which one is Bare Minerals?&nbsp; Is that the one on the infomercials or can it be purchased in stores?&nbsp; I know I've seen the commercial for one mineral makeup that looks fabulous, but I've been hesitant to try it.

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=6417.msg518500#msg518500 date=1188331592]
    Ok, which one is Bare Minerals?&nbsp; Is that the one on the infomercials or can it be purchased in stores?&nbsp; I know I've seen the commercial for one mineral makeup that looks fabulous, but I've been hesitant to try it.
    [/quote]

you can buy it at sephora or ulta. i dont like the foundation though. its just basically powder that melts to the warmth of your face, and it never melts evenly.

i like their eye shadows though.

Thanks for the tip, hotsauce. I actually didn't know that and that freaks me out&nbsp; :-o

http://www.bareminerals.com/

Its fantastic and the product lasts forever because you use very very little of it with each application. Also, like daybreak said, I have had no breakouts at all using it. I purchased it online - I think through amazon? - because I'm overseas at the moment, I'm not sure if its offered anywhere like Sephora, to be honest with you. The only thing I recommend is to get a shade lighter than what you expect in the Foundation, if you get the foundation. Normally I just use the mineral veil, which I adore. It depends on how much coverage you want. Plus, I have heard that if you have extremely dry skin not to use this, because it tends to highlight your flakes sometimes. But I have had no problem with that personally.

Thanks guys.&nbsp; I'll have to give it a try.&nbsp; I don't like regular foundation, powders, or blushes because I can never seem to find the right shade.&nbsp; So maybe something more sheer would work.&nbsp;

for anyone having acne problems, i just thought i would say that i've battled it for years.. and the ONLY thing that ever worked for me was proactiv. now since it has gotten too expensive for me to buy it every two months, i started buying different products at walmart and trying new stuff. i have found that the only other product that works for me is olay's exfoliating acne scrub... twice a day. once in the morning after you wake up, and once at night, before bed. also, after you wash and dry your face, apply olay's toner [both of these products are in purple bottles] on a cotton swab.

it works like a CHARM for me! my face has been very clear since i started this regimen.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg518497#msg518497 date=1188331546]
    try a green concealer under your eyes before you put on foundation. or buy a really light high coverage foundation and mix it with a darker one to find a good match.

if you use vaseline make sure you keep the lid on tight and throw it away for a new one every couple of weeks. its hardcore breeding ground for bacteria. ive seen some nasty shit happen to people who use vaseline.
    [/quote]

LIKE WHAT!!!&nbsp; :-o I use that for my lips all the time. I always buy the small ones! eep!&nbsp;

thanks!!&nbsp; everyone! I will try out bare minerals.
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

Thread Information