Page 293 of 298 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 7442

Thread: beauty

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    thanks ani! i didn't get any MoM because the were sold out of the kind that wasn't flavored. i did buy a scrub/wash. i'm going to ask my medicine man about the rice water thing. he tells me that my diet is why i have acne (i think it is hormonal, which is probably affected by my diet a little bit). he actually told me that i have to incorporate barley into my diet and eat clean/no dairy. i always tells me no dairy. sigh.
    Any suggestion of no dairy makes me want to cry.

The rice thing sounds very promising to me. I'm going to try it. I've been ding so much reading about the hair thing that my head is swimming. I want to get rid of the products because I'm sure it's the thing that is destroying my hair. I liked my hair so much better when I kept it short, but I get so much pressure from people to continue growing it. They always say that they like it long, but to me it looks frail and pathetic. I'm on the verge of cutting it so I decided this s the time to try a new drastic approach. Shit I've never done before... If it doesn't work out, I'll have an excuse to cut it.

So I decided to stop using any product on my hair at all. No more wax gel or spray. No shampoo. No conditioner. I even decided to forego the bs and acv. Not even that coconut/aloe thing. Actually, I'm going to try for water only because outside of the transition period, it's the only thing I think can't possibly cause long term damage or look disgusting on my fine hair. That combination sounds very thick and greasy, like it would weigh me down. I will try water only with a rice water wash and maybe a weekly conditioner of the honey coconut oil and egg combo that I loved.

Whatever. I'll give it a month or two and see how it goes. It's likely I'll end up back on the products though.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Any suggestion of no dairy makes me want to cry.

The rice thing sounds very promising to me. I'm going to try it. I've been ding so much reading about the hair thing that my head is swimming. I want to get rid of the products because I'm sure it's the thing that is destroying my hair. I liked my hair so much better when I kept it short, but I get so much pressure from people to continue growing it. They always say that they like it long, but to me it looks frail and pathetic. I'm on the verge of cutting it so I decided this s the time to try a new drastic approach. Shit I've never done before... If it doesn't work out, I'll have an excuse to cut it.

So I decided to stop using any product on my hair at all. No more wax gel or spray. No shampoo. No conditioner. I even decided to forego the bs and acv. Not even that coconut/aloe thing. Actually, I'm going to try for water only because outside of the transition period, it's the only thing I think can't possibly cause long term damage or look disgusting on my fine hair. That combination sounds very thick and greasy, like it would weigh me down. I will try water only with a rice water wash and maybe a weekly conditioner of the honey coconut oil and egg combo that I loved.

Whatever. I'll give it a month or two and see how it goes. It's likely I'll end up back on the products though.
    Totally curious how this turns out! I have coarse, thick hair that needs flat ironing or curling to look semi decent. Ani...can you recommend a good home remedy conditioner to make it softer? I DID get the Elchim 3900 hair dryer for Christmas and I freaking love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Oh, now I see that you have used henna... Do you just do the roots? Is the color uniform? If you redo the whole head, is the color deeper each time you do it over the parts that have already been dyed?
    I start at the roots, and blend toward the tips. I usually don't have enough to cover all the way to the tips, so I just blend until it's gone. Hubby has mentioned that the color gets darker toward the ends, and I've read that it will build up, but I'm happy with what I'm getting and don't see much color difference roots v ends myself. It blends smoothly, so color graduation is subtle enough to look natural so far (I've only done 4 applications). I really do love the stuff. Messy as hell, I don't love the smell, and the scent lingers, so it's there every time it gets wet... But the color doesn't bleed after two washes or so. I'd use a white towel with little concern, which I would never have done with box dye. Henna is a commitment. You can't just go back once you switch. But I've had a positive experience myself.

No poo is scary, but I've read great things. Let us know how the water only thing goes, I've not been brave enough to try. Low poo has definitely increased body and improved condition, but I still have to do at least a light lather on my temples about twice a week, and regular conditioning when I do. And I use whatever is handy, from fancy natural hippie bullshit to dollar store junk. I see very little difference honestly. It's the frequency and amount of shampoo used when washing that has made the difference for me. I went from a palm-full to maybe a quarter size drop massaged onto my temples only. I think my ends get no poo ever, truthfully, and my lack of split ends thanks me.

Sorry ramble. I've been excited about both of these discoveries.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    I start at the roots, and blend toward the tips. I usually don't have enough to cover all the way to the tips, so I just blend until it's gone. Hubby has mentioned that the color gets darker toward the ends, and I've read that it will build up, but I'm happy with what I'm getting and don't see much color difference roots v ends myself. It blends smoothly, so color graduation is subtle enough to look natural so far (I've only done 4 applications). I really do love the stuff. Messy as hell, I don't love the smell, and the scent lingers, so it's there every time it gets wet... But the color doesn't bleed after two washes or so. I'd use a white towel with little concern, which I would never have done with box dye. Henna is a commitment. You can't just go back once you switch. But I've had a positive experience myself.

No poo is scary, but I've read great things. Let us know how the water only thing goes, I've not been brave enough to try. Low poo has definitely increased body and improved condition, but I still have to do at least a light lather on my temples about twice a week, and regular conditioning when I do. And I use whatever is handy, from fancy natural hippie bullshit to dollar store junk. I see very little difference honestly. It's the frequency and amount of shampoo used when washing that has made the difference for me. I went from a palm-full to maybe a quarter size drop massaged onto my temples only. I think my ends get no poo ever, truthfully, and my lack of split ends thanks me.

Sorry ramble. I've been excited about both of these discoveries.
    Wow, that's so cool! I'm be finitely going to try to go for the henna next time I have to recolor. Please to be posting your reccomendation for the henna and where you can find it. I've heard that you may add a delicious tea concoction to the henna to help with the smell but it sounds like from your experience, maybe that's just wishes and dreams.

I'm officially done with three and a half days without washing. Luckily, my work was closed yesterday because of rain. I used some dry shampoo early yesterday when I thought I had to go in. It doesn't look too bad yet and the dry shampoo gave me some body. I am experiencing a horrendous static problem though and can't calm it with product because that defeats the purpose of this whole experiment, lol. I've got to work tomorrow and was thinking about doing my first water wash, but the rice water has not quite fermented so I might try to stretch it another day. I guess you are supposed to try to let it get as greasy as you can handle before washing during the transition and so this whole massaging and brushing thing every night.

Classic, this honey, coconut oil and egg thing made my hair feel like silk the whole next day... You could try that. It was just one egg, 2 teaspoons of both honey and coconut oil. Add essential oil if you want it to smell nice. I had it on for 15 minutes while sitting in the tub. It was really drippy. You may want to double or triple it depending on your length though. My hair is very thin and fine and not very long.
    Last edited by animosity; 01-06-2016 at 10:06 PM.

I'm going to leave an update about the fermented rice water... Today I did my second wash with it. So, since my last real wash on Sunday, last week, I washed it once with the rice water on Thursday morning, used dry shampoo Sunday this week, and washed again with rice water today. Been doing the scrtiching and preening every night before bed and pulling it into a braid. The rice water is super awesome the day I wash but my hair is still getting greasy by the third day or so. I might try doing a water only rinse I the shower each day or every other day while my hair adjusts instead of trying to get by without he dry shampoo.

I've also gone to washing my face daily with only warm water and scrubbing with rice water on hair wash days. My skin feels great. I tend to feel super tight and itchy, especially on my cheeks, after washing with soap stuff and now it just feels moisturizer. Still using soap for the rest of the bod though.

Re: henna. I've been using Light Mountain brand, in "red." They have a variety of colors, which if I understand correctly, is varying proportions of henna to indigo. The "red" color is 100% henna. I'm avoiding any indigo, which is a popular additive in henna brands. Indigo is an even bigger commitment, should you decide to change. Henna is a permanent stain, but indigo will react with any chemicals, and there are horror stories galore of green hair, melted hair, etc.

I got a new brand, Hannah Natural, based on reviews. Won't be using for a while though.

I've tried lots of mix-ins, including teas, always smells like henna ultimately though. Hubby says he likes it, it smells "earthy." I don't like it at all. Wet hay. Lavender essential oil was helpful last time. May try eucalyptus next time.

Haven't used any products on my hair since January 2nd. Did my 4th wash with the rice water today. I added a few tablespoons of rice water to a cup of black/green tea and a few drop of essential oils for a nice smell. Going to stick with this recepie for a while. Got some henna to put in over the weekend. I love my hair the first and second day. Not very good at using dry shampoo yet and wear my hair pinned back for days 3 and beyond. All the prep work every night is kind of annoying, but it will be worth it if my hair starts looking consistently healthier. It's not been too terrible for three weeks in.

One month, tomorrow. It's working out ok. I did the henna on Sunday and wow! So fricking awesome, I am in love. I'm not about to say my hair feel vastly different after one month, but the ends are definitely in better shape.

Eta: I also did light mountain red mixed with black tea.

Haven't used any products on my hair since January 2nd. Did my 4th wash with the rice water today. I added a few tablespoons of rice water to a cup of black/green tea and a few drop of essential oils for a nice smell. Going to stick with this recepie for a while. Got some henna to put in over the weekend. I love my hair the first and second day. Not very good at using dry shampoo yet and wear my hair pinned back for days 3 and beyond. All the prep work every night is kind of annoying, but it will be worth it if my hair starts looking consistently healthier. It's not been too terrible for three weeks in.
    You can use cornstarch as a dry shampoo

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

I've been using arrowroot powder and cocoa. It never looks good until I've slept on it though. It hasn't been 'put it on and go' for me. I might be using too much because I'm waiting until my hair is really greasy to use it and overcompensate.

Two months washing my hair with water only... It's still wet right now but I have a good feeling that I've finally finished my transition. I took it really far this time and went a whole 7 days before washing and went all the way with the wash, making sure I got it clean. This week should be the test. Regardless, my hair is a billion times healthier looking. It's stopped falling out too and looks thicker but I have a billion flyaways. I made some hairspray with an orange and some spiced rum and that helps.

Watching walking dead and Jesus' hair is still better than mine. Oh well. Little by little.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I have to say that I am fascinated by this, Ani. I need to read back to learn more about what you are doing.

Anyone here ever had a tummy tuck or lipo? Thoughts/experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Anyone here ever had a tummy tuck or lipo? Thoughts/experiences?
    That newish Sono Bello treatment looks interesting. It's less invasive, but I don't know anyone who has had it done. It bothers me though that the pictures they use on the "before" are little pooches.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    That newish Sono Bello treatment looks interesting. It's less invasive, but I don't know anyone who has had it done. It bothers me though that the pictures they use on the "before" are little pooches.
    I was curious about that. I was looking at their website and they have some bigger pooches on the before pics. That's what I need, someone who can deal with that.

I'm 31. I'm starting to see fine lines on my forehead and sun spots under my eyes. I'm desperately looking for a moisturizer that will hide my fine lines. Any suggestions? I don't know what products will be appropriate since I don't have wrinkles. I'm mainly looking for a night cream and eye cream.

My mo brought me this home from her store tonight and emmie, I thought of you because you know my pimple pain. I'm going to try it out for a while. Have you heard of it? Reviews seem good. https://www.amazon.com/Smiles-Prid-H...&sortBy=recent

My mo brought me this home from her store tonight and emmie, I thought of you because you know my pimple pain. I'm going to try it out for a while. Have you heard of it? Reviews seem good. https://www.amazon.com/Smiles-Prid-H...&sortBy=recent

I think this is similar to the stuff I bought a couple years ago when my hand was full of tines after I accidentally backhanded one of my cacti. Draw-out salve is old-school. I went to three different drug stores before I found it (Walgreens, ftw). Mine is ichthammol. Gawd it smells terrible ... but it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Let me know how it goes tooo - i'm still in the 'burn the hell out of it with benzol' team and well.. i end up with a lot of burny marks on my face
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Anybody dealing with seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp? If so, what do you do to control it? I have to use a heavy duty steroid solution on my scalp almost daily...I'm worried about how the long term use with effect my immune system though

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1129 View Post
    Anybody dealing with seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp? If so, what do you do to control it? I have to use a heavy duty steroid solution on my scalp almost daily...I'm worried about how the long term use with effect my immune system though
    Have you tried the coal tar shampoo instead? I had good luck with that.

I have, no luck. I even used the coal tar ointment that had me smelling like gasoline all day lol...I'm starting to think maybe it's scalp psoriasis & that's why I can't get rid of it. It's sooo frustating, and I know I've been overusing the clobetasol solution. I've tried everything in drugstores to no avail...I'm wondering if there is an herbal cure

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1129 View Post
    I have, no luck. I even used the coal tar ointment that had me smelling like gasoline all day lol...I'm starting to think maybe it's scalp psoriasis & that's why I can't get rid of it. It's sooo frustating, and I know I've been overusing the clobetasol solution. I've tried everything in drugstores to no avail...I'm wondering if there is an herbal cure
    It could be fungal.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yeah I've thought that too...my dermatologist was clueless..she prescribed me an antifungal foam as well but it didn't work...I've read a lot on intestinal candida overgrowth causing skin manifestations...I'm gna try a probiotic and see if that helps any. I wish there was a miracle drug that would eradicate it

Oh and for those that have the acne problem..I started having an issue after 30, (hormonal I'm sure) and tried all kindsa expensive crap..my skin would be so dry because I couldn't use a moisturizer or else I would break out badly...then someone recommended shea moisture African black soap...I got the soap and the moisturizer and my skin cleared up in a week & I have been using it since..it really is an amazing line

Thread Information