Page 1 of 298 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: beauty

beauty

since the forum is made up of mostly women, i figure this might be a good topic. so if anyone has any advise, question, techniques, product recommendation, or anything related to beauty you should post em here.

heres some do-it-yourself stuff you can make it home, especially if youre on a budget.

you can make your own lip plumper by mixing cinnamon or peppermint oil with your lip gloss. it works just as good as the expensive shit.

if your hair is really dry, or damaged from coloring/bleaching, you can add a couple teaspoons of olive oil to your conditioner. olive oil is the best way to reconstruct your hair.

if your hair is naturally oily, you can take an astringent and brush it on your roots about once a week.

if your eyebrows grow in all different directions, you can tweeze the hairs you want to tame, the direction you want them to grow and the hair will become trained to grow that way.

you can make your own facial masks with fruit
    my favorites are..
    avocado for dry skin and bannas and milk for oily skin.

Re: beauty

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg281465#msg281465 date=1176224063]
    since the forum is made up of mostly women, i figure this might be a good topic. so if anyone has any advise, question, techniques, product recommendation, or anything related to beauty you should post em here.

heres some do-it-yourself stuff you can make it home, especially if youre on a budget.

you can make your own lip plumper by mixing cinnamon or peppermint oil with your lip gloss. it works just as good as the expensive shit.

if your hair is really dry, or damaged from coloring/bleaching, you can add a couple teaspoons of olive oil to your conditioner. olive oil is the best way to reconstruct your hair.

if your hair is naturally oily, you can take an astringent and brush it on your roots about once a week.

if your eyebrows grow in all different directions, you can tweeze the hairs you want to tame, the direction you want them to grow and the hair will become trained to grow that way.

my favorites are..
    [/quote]

Thanks Hotsauce! I'm going to buy peppermint oil tomorrow!! How did you learn all these tips??
    <br /><br />

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg281465#msg281465 date=1176224063]

my favorites are..
    [/quote]

hhmm...I have been told that shea butter can be good for your hair. I heard it is a bitch to get out of your hair but once it is out your hair feels extremely healthy. Could that be true?

I'll try the olive oil in conditioner tip.

add vinegar to your shampoo and use once a week for extra BEAUTIFUL hair. it strips all the product and build-up out. the smell doesn't stick around. it evaporates. :]

awesome!!!!

i'm not much of a girly girl...i don't even know how to braid! &nbsp;:lol: &nbsp;

but i have some questions... &nbsp;i think i'll try the olive oil thing, my sister just found out out she is allergic to olive oil, but i'm pretty sure i'm not. &nbsp;

about the astringent, is there one you recommend? &nbsp;i have dry/fine hair but it always gets oily at the roots so i only put conditioner at the ends. &nbsp;i saw some shampoo that was meant for this problem, but i'd much rather find something easy/cheap to do at home to treat it. &nbsp;

that's interesting about the eyebrow thing! i'm gonna try that...one of my eyebrows is all fucked up and half white because i have vitiligo (no i don't touch little boys! &nbsp;:lol:) &nbsp;

hahaha i just wrote this in the lilithseden thread, coincidence!

[quote author=saidgrace link=topic=6404.msg281474#msg281474 date=1176224469]
    i wish i could figure out how to use bold makeup without looking stupid. i always end up wearing bronzer-peachy eyeshadow-mascara... that's it. my roommate has similar coloring, but she always looks good with bold makeup, and i can't figure out why i don't. she has dark eyes maybe? idk, it's really annoying.

/off topic/pointless
    [/quote]

i'm going to try and find pictures to illustrate what i mean about my me and my roommate.

EDIT: here's a picture. it doesn't show her with her bold makeup, but you can see that we have similar coloring except for the eyes. this is basically the most makeup i ever wear, but she wears much more (lots of dramatic eyeliner, bright colors, etc.) and looks great. when i try, i end up looking like a street hooker or a clown. :(

am i doomed?
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4526.msg172502#msg172502 date=1170561506]<br />How can you have any lack of love for SG!?!?<br /><br />I tink shes more kewler then most!<br />[/quote]

[quote author=Jessica link=topic=6417.msg281477#msg281477 date=1176224539]
    add vinegar to your shampoo and use once a week for extra BEAUTIFUL hair. it strips all the product and build-up out. the smell doesn't stick around. it evaporates. :]
    [/quote]

i had to do that once after i realized i'm allergic to henna--it was in my hair dye. &nbsp;no good!

i've heard apple cider vinegar is good for acne, but it didn't do much for me honestly. &nbsp;

[quote author=Jessica link=topic=6417.msg281477#msg281477 date=1176224539]
    [/quote]

Does it make your hair more dry? Only because my hair is terribly dry and damaged from years of dying it. I also pull my hair back 90% of the time. I know that is bad too :(

[quote author=*peaches* link=topic=6417.msg281468#msg281468 date=1176224245]
    Thanks Hotsauce! I'm going to buy peppermint oil tomorrow!! How did you learn all these tips??
    [/quote]

i learned at school. i went for esti and cosmetology.

i have a good recipe for home made herbal lip balm, when i find it ill post it.

you can mix sugar and lip balm and use it to exfoliate your dry lips.

[quote author=stephak link=topic=6417.msg281471#msg281471 date=1176224350]
    hhmm...I have been told that shea butter can be good for your hair. I heard it is a bitch to get out of your hair but once it is out your hair feels extremely healthy. Could that be true?
    [/quote]

that could be true. but i would use a clarifying shampoo once a week if i were gonna use shea butter.

What is the best color eye shadow and eye liner for green eyes?

I usually wear light brown and champagne eye shadows and plum liner. I wear black black mascara. If I don't you can't see my eyes.

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=6417.msg281478#msg281478 date=1176224549]
    awesome!!!!

i'm not much of a girly girl...i don't even know how to braid!&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp;

but i have some questions...&nbsp; i think i'll try the olive oil thing, my sister just found out out she is allergic to olive oil, but i'm pretty sure i'm not.&nbsp;

about the astringent, is there one you recommend?&nbsp; i have dry/fine hair but it always gets oily at the roots so i only put conditioner at the ends.&nbsp; i saw some shampoo that was meant for this problem, but i'd much rather find something easy/cheap to do at home to treat it.&nbsp;

that's interesting about the eyebrow thing! i'm gonna try that...one of my eyebrows is all fucked up and half white because i have vitiligo (no i don't touch little boys!&nbsp; :lol:)&nbsp;
    [/quote]

you can use any brand, sea breeze or witch hazel, whatevers in your budget. i wouldnt recomend anyone put conditioner on their roots, it really weighs down your hair.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg281490#msg281490 date=1176224850]
    i learned at school. i went for esti and cosmetology.

i have a good recipe for home made herbal lip balm, when i find it ill post it.

you can mix sugar and lip balm and use it to exfoliate your dry lips.
    [/quote] :2shocked: you're awesome! I learn so much on MDS!
    <br /><br />

[quote author=saidgrace link=topic=6417.msg281480#msg281480 date=1176224616]

i'm going to try and find pictures to illustrate what i mean about my me and my roommate.

EDIT: here's a picture. it doesn't show her with her bold makeup, but you can see that we have similar coloring except for the eyes. this is basically the most makeup i ever wear, but she wears much more (lots of dramatic eyeliner, bright colors, etc.) and looks great. when i try, i end up looking like a street hooker or a clown. :(

am i doomed?

[/quote]

im gonna go find some good examples of technics and stuff that would flatter your eye color and skin tone....

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg281497#msg281497 date=1176224916]
    that could be true. but i would use a clarifying shampoo once a week if i were gonna use shea butter.
    [/quote]

Thanks! I see everyone asking about makeup and I would LOVE to know what I can do with my eyes. As you can see in my pic I don't wear alot, but I would love to make my eyes stand out.

I think I love this thread!

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg281503#msg281503 date=1176225064]
    you can use any brand, sea breeze or witch hazel, whatevers in your budget. i wouldnt recomend anyone put conditioner on their roots, it really weighs down your hair.

[/quote]

should you wash it out or leave it in over night or something? &nbsp;

[quote author=stephak link=topic=6417.msg281487#msg281487 date=1176224693]
    Does it make your hair more dry? Only because my hair is terribly dry and damaged from years of dying it. I also pull my hair back 90% of the time. I know that is bad too :(
    [/quote]

I read somewhere that it does take away oils, so if you have dry hair anyway, maybe you shouldn't try it.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg281506#msg281506 date=1176225161]
    im gonna go find some good examples of technics and stuff that would flatter your eye color and skin tone....
    [/quote]

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4526.msg172502#msg172502 date=1170561506]<br />How can you have any lack of love for SG!?!?<br /><br />I tink shes more kewler then most!<br />[/quote]

[quote author=saidgrace link=topic=6417.msg281480#msg281480 date=1176224616]

am i doomed?

[/quote]

this would be good for a night look..

for day i would suggest a light gold eye shadow with just a lil bit of eye liner and mascara

[quote author=Only1Lf link=topic=6417.msg281500#msg281500 date=1176224966]
    What is the best color eye shadow and eye liner for green eyes?

I usually wear light brown and champagne eye shadows and plum liner. I wear black black mascara. If I don't you can't see my eyes.
    [/quote]

best colors for eyes...
    they say not to wear an eye shadow thats the same color as your eyes, but i disagree.

green eyes- plums, purples, greens, black, golds and browns.

blue eyes- pinks, greens, blues and blacks. (never golds)

brown eyes- anything....really.

hazel- greens, golds, and neutrals.

[quote author=saidgrace link=topic=6417.msg281513#msg281513 date=1176225245]

[/quote]

First off, you and your room mate are beautiful! Second I have the same issue with my sister. She knows how to work her makeup! I am going to try to find a pic to show you.

that's awesome... gold, aqua green, and light aqua-silvery? what's the eyeliner situation there?

[quote author=Jessica link=topic=6417.msg281512#msg281512 date=1176225217]
    I read somewhere that it does take away oils, so if you have dry hair anyway, maybe you shouldn't try it.
    [/quote]

yeah I figured :( thanks!

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6417.msg281516#msg281516 date=1176225306]
    this would be good for a night look..

for day i would suggest a light gold eye shadow with just a lil bit of eye liner and mascara
    [/quote]

BEAUTIFUL!

Thread Information