Page 285 of 298 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 7442

Thread: beauty

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i can't understand why they haven't made effective electric razors for women. i've found some that were more like trimmers for bikini areas, but they are very harsh and damaging if you slip.

i feel like men's electric razors are for thicker hair and wouldn't be effective on thin leg hair. if i could find an electric razor that works, i'd be clean shaven everyday.
    I have one of those small trimmers that I use on sensitive areas. It works great, but it's easier to just shave my legs. I use a cream that claims to make the hair grow back more slowly. It sort of works, but I don't track it.

I used to get really bad bumps in sensitive areas, but I started using Noxema spray for after shaving. I haven't had any bumps at all since I started using it. I had to buy it online the last time I bought it because I couldn't find it anywhere at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I am mainly looking for something that will tame my flyaways. My hair is fairly dry - I usually wash every 2nd/3rd day but only because I feel really self conscious at the first sign of oil. I get quite bad psoriasis so I generally use a coal tar shampoo with a heavy duty conditioner to balance it out.
    You can use the shine spray. Spray in in your hands, rub together and then lightly stroke you hair.

I have naturally curly hair and I wash it no more that 4 times a month, unless I have to. After I wash it I just use my conditioner as a leave in conditioner after my
    normal conditioning in the shower, and I stay away from my bang area.

Works great for me. You can also get a good pomade, Aveda makes a great one.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    I know it has been forever, but I use tea tree oil for my zits. If I'm breaking out, I put a couple of drops onto my hands with my face wash. I then wash like normal. I also use it to spot treat. I will put a drop of my moisturizer or neosporin on a q-tip and then a couple drops of the oil. I'll put that on the zit, rubbing in just a little but not completely. I'll then put a bandaid on top and go to bed. Works wonders.

Also, I wear foundation daily. Right now I'm going back and forth between L'Oreal BB cream (meh) and Urban Decay Naked. I've had them both a long time so I'm kinda bored. Lancome Double Wear is my holy grail. It looks wonderful throughout the day. However, it's pretty heavy duty. I only use it for special occasions or if I'm going for a full-faced makeup look. Once I'm out of my other stuff, I'm probably going to go buy the lighter version of it for my daily foundation.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

I finally made the decision to get about 4 inches cut off my hair. It gets tangled when I sleep, and brushing it has become a chore. I'm going to still have below shoulder length hair, but it will be so much easier to style and manage. My hairdresser was shocked because I have spent years growing it so long. I'm just not letting her cut my bangs too short again. I'm getting so nervous already and keep second guessing myself, but it has to be done. I'm sort of looking forward to a new, fresh start for Fall.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    You ladies who can get away without washing your hair daily are lucky. Every morning when I wake up, my hair is greasy. I have very fine hair (hair stylists have compared it to baby hair it's so fine) so it's very oily. Washing it daily is a must unless I want to look like I haven't showered in weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    You ladies who can get away without washing your hair daily are lucky. Every morning when I wake up, my hair is greasy. I have very fine hair (hair stylists have compared it to baby hair it's so fine) so it's very oily. Washing it daily is a must unless I want to look like I haven't showered in weeks.
    Is your hair so fine that you can't color it or process it in any way? Having color on my hair prevents it from getting greasy quickly, especially stripping the color for blonde highlights. Have you tried dry shampoo? Some of them actually give your hair body and really work well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Is your hair so fine that you can't color it or process it in any way? Having color on my hair prevents it from getting greasy quickly, especially stripping the color for blonde highlights. Have you tried dry shampoo? Some of them actually give your hair body and really work well.
    It does take color very well. It's just very oily. Dry shampoo I have not tried, but I will definitely look into trying it! My hair is usually pretty limp, so I am all for giving my hair some body. Thank you for the suggestion!

dry shampoo should be good. i have very fine thin hair and it looks like shit until the third day so i put baby powder to keep the oil down and it seems to thicken it up pretty well.

also, i put volume mousse right after showering and blow dry upside down.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

dry shampoo should be good. i have very fine thin hair and it looks like shit until the third day so i put baby powder to keep the oil down and it seems to thicken it up pretty well.

also, i put volume mousse right after showering and blow dry upside down.
    I do use volumizing mousse everyday after my shower. But I have naturally curly hair, so I usually just leave it curly. Every once in awhile I will straighten it, but when it's straightened it just makes it look more limp so I tend to leave it curly.

oh my god. i got the gel manicure done this morning and it is the best thing ever! they just feel like painted nails which feels like nothing!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Does anyone have a clarisonic brush? I am considering getting one.

I do. I have the basic Mia. I really like it and notice a difference when I use it consistently. The only thing is that you need to buy a new brush every 6 months and they're kinda expensive. I need to replace my brush.

I like to use it with Philosophy Pure cleanser.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I wash my hair as little as possible. I can get away with 2 weeks but 10 days is usually where I draw the line. I used to use baby powder, which is wonderful, but
    because I am a redhead the baby powder is out.
    I wonder if I can get a colored powder, if not I have considered getting loose face powder for dark skin tones or just get a dry shampoo. The problem with dry shampoos is the smell and I think they have improved from 20 years ago.

Can anyone recommend a dry shampoo please?

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    I wash my hair as little as possible. I can get away with 2 weeks but 10 days is usually where I draw the line. I used to use baby powder, which is wonderful, but
    I wonder if I can get a colored powder, if not I have considered getting loose face powder for dark skin tones or just get a dry shampoo. The problem with dry shampoos is the smell and I think they have improved from 20 years ago.

The best one I used was Rene Furterer. I bought it online with some more of their products. I have used others I got at drugstores but don't recall what brands. I have a powder now, not a spray, and it's not as good as the aerosols.

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post

Batiste has dry shampoo sprays in lots of fragrances, and for different hair colors. Reasonably priced, too. I also like the Sexy Hair volumizing dry shampoo, which costs a little bit more. They also make just a texturizing/volumizing loose powder, but I haven't used it.
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

A winter skin must-have (even though I use it all year long). I have skin that chaps and peels on my face.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Shelljett and Songbird, thanks a bunch for the dry shampoo recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    A winter skin must-have (even though I use it all year long). I have skin that chaps and peels on my face.
    Where do you get it Ang? I have never seen that brand before.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Where do you get it Ang? I have never seen that brand before.
    Sephora

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Sephora

Since you mentioned Sephora, they have the most amazing eyeliner. It's my go to now.

Liv, did you ever get the clarisonic? I bought a new brush and gave been using it again. I don't know why I stopped!
    If you haven't gotten I think yet, I just wanted to tell you that your skin might purge for a couple of weeks before it gets really good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    I do. I have the basic Mia. I really like it and notice a difference when I use it consistently. The only thing is that you need to buy a new brush every 6 months and they're kinda expensive. I need to replace my brush.

I like to use it with Philosophy Pure cleanser.
    Kind of late chiming in here, but I have had a Clarisonic brush for about 4 years and I buy my refill brushes off Ebay. I get them for about half of the usual price and I do not notice any difference between them and the full price ones. I love my Clarisonic!

So I wanted to share what I recently discovered. I had read about the Oil Cleansing Method, which the first time I tried a few years ago was a big fail. I turned into one big zit. So anyhoo, come to find out it's a matter of using high linoleic acid oils instead of high oleic that clogs pores. High linoleic gets in and dissolves the gunk trapped deep down.

Sounds disgusting but I had a few zits that kept coming back in the same place for years. When I started using high linoleic safflower, evening primrose, and sunflower blend my pores started looking really bad and these little hard plugs started coming out. I decided to ride it out for the full 28 day cycle. Well my skin has totally cleared up after the initial purge. I don't even have to use a moisturizer anymore. Here's the link.http://www.minimalistbeauty.com/high...ily-skin-care/

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    So I wanted to share what I recently discovered. I had read about the Oil Cleansing Method, which the first time I tried a few years ago was a big fail. I turned into one big zit. So anyhoo, come to find out it's a matter of using high linoleic acid oils instead of high oleic that clogs pores. High linoleic gets in and dissolves the gunk trapped deep down.

Sounds disgusting but I had a few zits that kept coming back in the same place for years. When I started using high linoleic safflower, evening primrose, and sunflower blend my pores started looking really bad and these little hard plugs started coming out. I decided to ride it out for the full 28 day cycle. Well my skin has totally cleared up after the initial purge. I don't even have to use a moisturizer anymore. Here's the link.http://www.minimalistbeauty.com/high...ily-skin-care/
    I'm curious about this. Where do you buy your oils?

Thread Information