Page 296 of 298 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 294 295 296 297 298 LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 7442

Thread: beauty

Does it stop your nails from breaking? Mine always break off.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Does it stop your nails from breaking? Mine always break off.
    I don't know about that, my nails are hard as rocks so I can't tell you.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    So, I'm trying to get my natural nails in order and that's a TALL ORDER. I basically shred the shit out of my nails with my work and I've been trying to protect them with the treatments and gel top coats. I used to do the fake nails, but they were horrible for my natural nails. However my natural nails are HORRENDOUS. They're thin, feeble and peel like crazy.

I've tried everything. The vitamins, the care, the everything. I'm not giving up on them. Tonight I'm treating my "stubs" to the nail oil and the "Horse n Hoof" and the strengthening formulas. After that I paint them and then top them off with the gel coat.

I honestly don't know what else I can do. Is there some kind of miracle cure to peeling? Or am I just that unhealthy that I can't stop it? I dream of just medium length natural nails that are healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I know you said you tried 'the supplements,' but have you tried collagen peptides? My friend swears by them. She started giving them to her husband for dry skin issues and the results were pretty amazing. Based on his results she started using them for her nails.

I've got soft nails too, and when they start to get long, they crack and peel. I tried the collagen peptides, but I gag when I try to drink them. I keep swearing I'll get back to them though. Some day.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I know you said you tried 'the supplements,' but have you tried collagen peptides? My friend swears by them. She started giving them to her husband for dry skin issues and the results were pretty amazing. Based on his results she started using them for her nails.

I've got soft nails too, and when they start to get long, they crack and peel. I tried the collagen peptides, but I gag when I try to drink them. I keep swearing I'll get back to them though. Some day.
    I'll have to look in to those! Never heard of them. Thanks for the tip!

I used to be a nail tech, waaay back in the day. my nails suck though. Any moisterizing helps. Rub cuticle oil on your nails and use hand lotion. Try to use a moisturing hand soap.

I take vitamins and my nails still peel and break. I keep them pretty short these days.

My nails used to look nice and my hair did too when I used prenatal vitamins.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I used to be a nail tech, waaay back in the day. my nails suck though. Any moisterizing helps. Rub cuticle oil on your nails and use hand lotion. Try to use a moisturing hand soap.

I take vitamins and my nails still peel and break. I keep them pretty short these days.

My nails used to look nice and my hair did too when I used prenatal vitamins.
    I religiously use the nail oil and moisturizer. Also Horse n Hoof. I also sleep with special hand mittens overnight at least a couple of days per week. Although I've always had horrible nails, it's gotten worse lately. Probably because of my health, but I'm working on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I religiously use the nail oil and moisturizer. Also Horse n Hoof. I also sleep with special hand mittens overnight at least a couple of days per week. Although I've always had horrible nails, it's gotten worse lately. Probably because of my health, but I'm working on that too.
    Yeah medical conditions can cause changes in the nail that cannot be remedied. Im sorry.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I have to tell my sons stylist not to cut his bangs, but he will look like that
    I haven't been able to wear bangs since I was like 12. My hair is so curly/fuzzy that bangs pretty much look like that...no matter what length they are. They always curl up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I haven't been able to wear bangs since I was like 12. My hair is so curly/fuzzy that bangs pretty much look like that...no matter what length they are. They always curl up.
    My mom told me when I was younger that my forehead is too big not to wear bangs. So I have that stuck in my head and I have always worn bangs. I don't know how to get out of it. I start trying to grow them out and then they annoy me and I cut them again and I don't know what to do. HEEEELLLLPPP!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    My mom told me when I was younger that my forehead is too big not to wear bangs. So I have that stuck in my head and I have always worn bangs. I don't know how to get out of it. I start trying to grow them out and then they annoy me and I cut them again and I don't know what to do. HEEEELLLLPPP!
    Just let them grow and pin them back with a clip/barrette as they grow. That is about all you can do until they hit the level where it isn't annoying any longer.

Ugh growing out bangs is the worst! I had a friend tell me that about my forehead, and my mom said "I dont disagree" but she thinks everyone should have bangs. She has always had them because she has a widow's peak.

I feel your bang pain. Whenever I cut my hair short I get stuck with bangs. I too had a mom who told me I should always have bangs but I'm not sure I should have ever listened to the lady that cut my bangs either too short to look good or so crooked that my school photos are hilarious. My hair dresser refuses to let me have bangs. She is a wise woman.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

I think Kate had a hysterectomy. It makes sense since she's got the three kids and obviously had issues with every pregnancy. It points to reproductive issues and it's possible that they just decided to yeet the uterus since she wasn't going to be using it anymore. That's just a wild guess.

As for hair, I can't deal lately because my hair went from stick straight (maybe a VERY SLIGHT wave) to curly AF and I have no idea how to take care of curly hair or how to wear it. I've always been a wash and wear kind of gal or worn it in a clip or baseball cap and now I'm just tortured by how it behaves. I haven't had a haircut in almost a year now and it's gotten pretty long, but I'm going to have to investigate what I should do with it next.
    Ive had curly hair my whole life. My go to is put it up in a clip.

Whenever Im going to an event, I have to wash it hours before the event. Apply cream right after the shower, and let it air dry. Blow drying makes it frizzy. Mine is quite long too.

Ive had curly hair my whole life. My go to is put it up in a clip.

Whenever Im going to an event, I have to wash it hours before the event. Apply cream right after the shower, and let it air dry. Blow drying makes it frizzy. Mine is quite long too.
    Same. Blow drying only makes my hair a frizzy mess.

I moved the hair discussion over here because this thread needs to be bumped and it made more sense to have it here. (I know it started out with a celeb photo, but went off track several posts back so ta-da, I moved the posts.)

Plus I like this thread and it needs more posts! I can't believe how long it's been since we posted here!

My hair was super straight all my life until I moved to the east coast. I wouldn't say it's curly, but it definitely has a wave to it that I am not used to if I grow it out. When it's short it doesn't have that problem.

I moved the hair discussion over here because this thread needs to be bumped and it made more sense to have it here. (I know it started out with a celeb photo, but went off track several posts back so ta-da, I moved the posts.)

Plus I like this thread and it needs more posts! I can't believe how long it's been since we posted here!

My hair was super straight all my life until I moved to the east coast. I wouldn't say it's curly, but it definitely has a wave to it that I am not used to if I grow it out. When it's short it doesn't have that problem.
    My hair would die there.

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel (no UV light needed)-this stuff really works, and this is coming from someone who never did her nails because the polish started coming off within an hour or two. I am working on day 4 of my manicure, and so far it still looks great.
    Three years later I still swear by this nail polish. It's the only one I will use now.

Three years later I still swear by this nail polish. It's the only one I will use now.
    Is it just a clear coat?

My mom had long/thick and straight hair; my father had medium to fine, straight hair. I have thin, curly hair that frizzes like crazy (sole person in our family with this hair type). The only thing that keeps it at bay is a Brazilian Blow Out. Has anyone had one before?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    My mom had long/thick and straight hair; my father had medium to fine, straight hair. I have thin, curly hair that frizzes like crazy (sole person in our family with this hair type). The only thing that keeps it at bay is a Brazilian Blow Out. Has anyone had one before?
    You are fancy dont they use some unsafe chemical for that? Or did they stop?

I just use bumble and bumble and embrace the curls. my hair is very fine too.

Is it just a clear coat?
    No, it's a line of gel polish that doesn't need the UV light. You put the color and then put an gel coat topper over that to set it.

https://www.sallyhansen.com/en-us/na...or/miracle-gel

I have since left the job that was shredding my nails when I moved to Ireland, only to take on another job that wrecks them

They're a BIT better now since I started using dip powder with a top coat. The dip powder is a miracle worker. It's like having an acrylic manicure, but not as damaging to your natural nails and easy enough to do on your own. I get complimented on my manicures all of the time and my SIL even had me do her nails this past Christmas. It's my new go to.

I have to do the same with my hair, Angie. If I have anywhere to go, I have to wash it hours ahead of time and let it air dry. It's annoying.

I have since left the job that was shredding my nails when I moved to Ireland, only to take on another job that wrecks them

They're a BIT better now since I started using dip powder with a top coat. The dip powder is a miracle worker. It's like having an acrylic manicure, but not as damaging to your natural nails and easy enough to do on your own. I get complimented on my manicures all of the time and my SIL even had me do her nails this past Christmas. It's my new go to.

I have to do the same with my hair, Angie. If I have anywhere to go, I have to wash it hours ahead of time and let it air dry. It's annoying.
    Do you have a link to the stuff you use on your nails? Does it involve UV?

Do you have a link to the stuff you use on your nails? Does it involve UV?
    The dip itself doesn't require any UV at all, but the clear gel top coat I use does. I know that you have gel polish that doesn't need it though. So as long as you have a clear coat gel that doesn't need UV, then it wouldn't require one. There is a learning curve to it, but there are tons of tutorials on Youtube that show you how to do it. It takes SO much less time and doesn't require waiting for any drying so I love the stuff.

I initially bought the Double Dip brand, but they don't ship to Ireland so I've had to use trial and error to find a supplier here in Ireland. Dip powder will last you FOREVER and the best thing is that it doesn't get goopy or expire so I've had the same dip powders for years now and still use them. Amazon UK has different brands. The last one I tried wasn't that great so I'm still in search of my new brand.

I can't find the website for Double Dip anymore, but they seem to have everything set up on Amazon for themselves:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Double...1-9E80E4389EC9

ETA: Well shit. Looks like they are unavailable on Amazon too. I think that company went out of business which is a shame because they were AMAZING. But there are tons of different brands available in the States so you shouldn't have trouble finding a starter kit and different colors.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 01-24-2024 at 04:00 AM.

Thread Information