Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Brendan Vollmost (23) was abducted from his home

  1. #51
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    9,887
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Quote Originally Posted by hazydaze View Post
    That's actually how I found them and I dont even live in the same state. Stupid tiny Australia.
    I was going to ask what kind of magic you used to get those pages.



    Emma was supposed to be due back in court on 11/9. I can't find any updates though.

  2. #52
    Administrator Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    26,419
    Rep Power
    21474875
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I was going to ask what kind of magic you used to get those pages.



    Emma was supposed to be due back in court on 11/9. I can't find any updates though.
    on fb, Brendan's partner said she went to the hearing and the girl is facing life in jail for commercial drug charges. Bail was refused.

  3. #53
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    9,887
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Damn. I thought maybe she got caught up because she was dating one of the guys & didn't report a conversation she overheard or something. That's a long sentence, it must've been either a pretty massive drug stash &/or she was personally involved in sales.

    So fucking stupid.

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Rep Power
    21474841
    "Commercial" is usually only like 15 years, life is "large commercial" which is like anything over a kg of coke/heroin.

  5. #55
    Administrator Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    26,419
    Rep Power
    21474875
    I had posted a screenshot of what the partner said, but removed it as we aren't meant to screenshot from the FB group. But she definitely said life. She also said 'she has not been proven to be a part of Brendan's murder, but her time in court has only just begun.'

  6. #56
    Senior Member Kelly-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Nunya, Australia
    Posts
    1,850
    Rep Power
    20425670
    Police uncover Bellingen and Dorrigo link to suspected homicide

    Police investigating the disappearance and suspected murder of a man near Sydney are seeking information on a white utility seen in Bellingen and Dorrigo in April this year.

    Brendan Vollmost, 23, was allegedly chased into his yard at Cox Street, South Windsor, about 10.30pm on Tuesday 31 March 2015.

    He was later carried into a white Hyundai i30 and driven from the scene. Mr Vollmost has not been seen since and police believe he was murdered. His body has never been recovered.

    Robbery and Serious Crime Squad detectives have been investigating Mr Vollmost?s disappearance under Strike Force Orander and arrested four men last month who remain before the court.

    Investigations are ongoing and detectives are appealing for information about a distinctive white utility seen in the Bellingen and Dorrigo areas on the evening of Wednesday 1 April 2015 or early on Thursday 2 April 2015.

    The Holden Commodore utility had a smart bar, mag wheels and a silver roll bar, as well as a dark-coloured tarpaulin over the rear tray.

    Police have since seized the vehicle, but would like to speak to anyone who saw it in the Dorrigo or Bellingen areas or has any information about the activities of its occupants.

    Police are urging anyone with information in relation to this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
    http://www.bellingencourier.com.au/s...icide/#slide=4


    Damn, I love Bellingen

  7. #57
    Administrator Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    26,419
    Rep Power
    21474875

  8. #58
    Administrator Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    26,419
    Rep Power
    21474875
    Four drug dealers who called themselves Blood Brothers kidnapped a Sydney man to recover money and demonstrate "they were a group to be respected", their murder trial has been told.

    CCTV footage from the front of the man's home shows him being chased by four men, two of whom later are shown carrying his body towards a white Hyundai, prosecutor David Scully said on Wednesday.

    They have pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and murdering Brendan Vollmost, 23, and to two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm relating to two other men in March 2015 at Bligh Park.

    Mr Scully said the four had belonged to a group called Blood Brothers, and were drug dealers with the nicknames of Coach (Tilley), Captain (Davies), Medium (Thomas) and Smallsie (Bentley).

    One or more of them sold drugs to Mr Vollmost, who sold them onto others.

    Their relationship had been amicable before they fell out after the four believed he owed them money, the prosecutor said.

    "The accused were actively looking for him prior to March 31, 2015, both to recover the money and also to obtain the gratification of demonstrating they were a group to be respected," he said.

    "(Mr Vollmost) had told people he was concerned because one or more of the accused were looking for him."

    On the night of March 31, the four men were in a white Hyundai which followed a car containing Mr Vollmost and two other men to the Bligh Park address, the prosecutor said.

    He alleged Mr Vollmost was chased into a shed at the rear of the premises where he was attacked.

    CCTV footage shown to the jury depicted Mr Vollmost running through a gate before four men get out of the Hyundai and follow him.

    Later, two of the accused men are depicted carrying his body towards the white Hyundai, Mr Scully said.

    "A significant amount of blood was located in the rear shed towards where he was running," he said.

    "He has never been seen since, nor has the white Hyundai. It is the crown case that Mr Vollmost is dead.

    "It is the crown case that one or more of the accused disposed of his body and also disposed of the white Hyundai in which they took him away."

    Mr Scully alleged that the footage depicted Davies, the first person running after Mr Vollmost, carrying a black object which the crown said was some sort of weapon such as an extendable baton.

    The trial is continuing.


    http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/four-blood...07-h0ving.html

  9. #59
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    9,887
    Rep Power
    21474851
    WTF is up with this jury? How do you hunt someone down with the intention of beating the shit out of them, chase them into their own property, & then claim "oh well, he was trying to defend himself against our invasion of his home & our attack on him, so we were forced to act in self defence against his self defence. It's not our fault".

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-0...g-jury/9618564


    Murder trial over death of Brendan Vollmost ends in hung jury
    By court reporter Mazoe Ford and Mark Reddie
    Updated yesterday at 5:08pm

    Missing man, 23-year-old Brendan Vollmost
    PHOTO: Brendan Vollmost was abducted from his home in South Windsor in March 2015. (Supplied: NSW Police)
    RELATED STORY: Alleged murder victim pointed gun at accused, court hearsRELATED STORY: Jury played CCTV footage of Sydney man being chased into backyard before alleged murder
    A trial for four men accused of bashing a 23-year-old to within an inch of his life and then abducting him in Sydney's north-west three years ago has ended in a hung jury.

    Jamie Tilley, 36, Jack Davies, 28, William Thomas, 28, and Mitchell Bentley, 27, pleaded not guilty to murdering Brendan Vollmost, whose body has never been found.

    After three weeks of deliberations, the jury could not decide whether the men were responsible for Mr Vollmost's death.

    During a five-week trial in the NSW Supreme Court the men claimed that they acted in self-defence when they attacked Mr Vollmost because he pulled a gun on them.

    They were also facing charges of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and detaining for advantage.

    Mr Vollmost, himself a drug dealer, was last seen at his home on the night of March 31, 2015, when he was captured by three security cameras.

    Vision from the cameras that was played to the jury showed the 23-year-old jumping out of a friend's car and being chased into his backyard by four men who had followed him home in a white Hyundai station wagon.


    Court sketch of four men sitting in court.
    PHOTO: Mitchell Bentley, Jack Davies, William Thomas, Jamie Tilley were accused of the murder of Brendan Vollmost. (ABC News: Vincent de Gouw)
    Crown prosecutor David Scully said Mr Vollmost was then bashed in a backyard shed, where a "significant amount of his blood" was found by forensic officers.

    Just over a minute later, the vision depicts two of the men carrying his limp body back to their car and driving away.

    "The four accused were actively looking for Mr Vollmost prior to [March 31], both to recover money and also to obtain the gratification of demonstrating that they were a group to be respected," Mr Scully said.

    "It is the Crown case that Mr Vollmost is dead ? one or more of the accused disposed of his body, and they also disposed of the white Hyundai that they took him away in."

    During the trial the men admitted they went to Mr Vollmost's home that night, but only acted in self-defence.

    "It is the defence case is that once Mr Vollmost was in the back shed Mr Vollmost armed himself with a firearm," Mr Bentley's barrister James Trevallion told the jury.

    "Everything that was done after that in the shed ? was done in self-defence and in defence of each other."

    Outside of court, Mr Vollmost's mother Tammy Slade told reporters said she hoped justice would be served "next time".

    Frustrated and upset, Ms Slade said "it's been a long nine weeks but there's nothing I can do about it".

    She said she hoped "someone could come forward" with information on her son's body's whereabouts.

    Edit : Wait, maybe this is even stupider, maybe, because there's no body, some of the jurors decided that just because these 4 beat him so badly that a "substantial" amount of blood was left in the shed, & just because they were last seen on camera taking his limp body & car away from the scene, it doesn't necessarily mean he didn't just wake up & escape later in his car & go into hiding.

    Or they failed to screen out a hardcore FTP conspiracy theorist who thinks every case involves false charges.
    Last edited by blighted star; 04-05-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •