Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brendan Vollmost (23) was abducted from his home

Quote Originally Posted by hazydaze View Post
    That's actually how I found them and I dont even live in the same state. Stupid tiny Australia.
    I was going to ask what kind of magic you used to get those pages.

Emma was supposed to be due back in court on 11/9. I can't find any updates though.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I was going to ask what kind of magic you used to get those pages.

Emma was supposed to be due back in court on 11/9. I can't find any updates though.
    on fb, Brendan's partner said she went to the hearing and the girl is facing life in jail for commercial drug charges. Bail was refused.

Damn. I thought maybe she got caught up because she was dating one of the guys & didn't report a conversation she overheard or something. That's a long sentence
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-08-2021 at 04:53 AM.

"Commercial" is usually only like 15 years, life is "large commercial" which is like anything over a kg of coke/heroin.

I had posted a screenshot of what the partner said, but removed it as we aren't meant to screenshot from the FB group. But she definitely said life. She also said 'she has not been proven to be a part of Brendan's murder, but her time in court has only just begun.'

Police uncover Bellingen and Dorrigo link to suspected homicide

Police investigating the disappearance and suspected murder of a man near Sydney are seeking information on a white utility seen in Bellingen and Dorrigo in April this year.

Brendan Vollmost, 23, was allegedly chased into his yard at Cox Street, South Windsor, about 10.30pm on Tuesday 31 March 2015.

He was later carried into a white Hyundai i30 and driven from the scene. Mr Vollmost has not been seen since and police believe he was murdered. His body has never been recovered.

Robbery and Serious Crime Squad detectives have been investigating Mr Vollmost?s disappearance under Strike Force Orander and arrested four men last month who remain before the court.

Investigations are ongoing and detectives are appealing for information about a distinctive white utility seen in the Bellingen and Dorrigo areas on the evening of Wednesday 1 April 2015 or early on Thursday 2 April 2015.

The Holden Commodore utility had a smart bar, mag wheels and a silver roll bar, as well as a dark-coloured tarpaulin over the rear tray.

Police have since seized the vehicle, but would like to speak to anyone who saw it in the Dorrigo or Bellingen areas or has any information about the activities of its occupants.

Police are urging anyone with information in relation to this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
    http://www.bellingencourier.com.au/s...icide/#slide=4

Damn, I love Bellingen

Four drug dealers who called themselves Blood Brothers kidnapped a Sydney man to recover money and demonstrate "they were a group to be respected", their murder trial has been told.

CCTV footage from the front of the man's home shows him being chased by four men, two of whom later are shown carrying his body towards a white Hyundai, prosecutor David Scully said on Wednesday.

They have pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and murdering Brendan Vollmost, 23, and to two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm relating to two other men in March 2015 at Bligh Park.

Mr Scully said the four had belonged to a group called Blood Brothers, and were drug dealers with the nicknames of Coach (Tilley), Captain (Davies), Medium (Thomas) and Smallsie (Bentley).

One or more of them sold drugs to Mr Vollmost, who sold them onto others.

Their relationship had been amicable before they fell out after the four believed he owed them money, the prosecutor said.

"The accused were actively looking for him prior to March 31, 2015, both to recover the money and also to obtain the gratification of demonstrating they were a group to be respected," he said.

"(Mr Vollmost) had told people he was concerned because one or more of the accused were looking for him."

On the night of March 31, the four men were in a white Hyundai which followed a car containing Mr Vollmost and two other men to the Bligh Park address, the prosecutor said.

He alleged Mr Vollmost was chased into a shed at the rear of the premises where he was attacked.

CCTV footage shown to the jury depicted Mr Vollmost running through a gate before four men get out of the Hyundai and follow him.

Later, two of the accused men are depicted carrying his body towards the white Hyundai, Mr Scully said.

"A significant amount of blood was located in the rear shed towards where he was running," he said.

"He has never been seen since, nor has the white Hyundai. It is the crown case that Mr Vollmost is dead.

"It is the crown case that one or more of the accused disposed of his body and also disposed of the white Hyundai in which they took him away."

Mr Scully alleged that the footage depicted Davies, the first person running after Mr Vollmost, carrying a black object which the crown said was some sort of weapon such as an extendable baton.

The trial is continuing.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/four-blood...07-h0ving.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-0...g-jury/9618564

Murder trial over death of Brendan Vollmost ends in hung jury
    By court reporter Mazoe Ford and Mark Reddie
    Updated yesterday at 5:08pm

RELATED STORY: Alleged murder victim pointed gun at accused, court hears
    RELATED STORY: Jury played CCTV footage of Sydney man being chased into backyard before alleged murder

A trial for four men accused of bashing a 23-year-old to within an inch of his life and then abducting him in Sydney's north-west three years ago has ended in a hung jury.

Jamie Tilley, 36, Jack Davies, 28, William Thomas, 28, and Mitchell Bentley, 27, pleaded not guilty to murdering Brendan Vollmost, whose body has never been found.

After three weeks of deliberations, the jury could not decide whether the men were responsible for Mr Vollmost's death.

During a five-week trial in the NSW Supreme Court the men claimed that they acted in self-defence when they attacked Mr Vollmost because he pulled a gun on them.

They were also facing charges of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and detaining for advantage.

Mr Vollmost, himself a drug dealer, was last seen at his home on the night of March 31, 2015, when he was captured by three security cameras.

Vision from the cameras that was played to the jury showed the 23-year-old jumping out of a friend's car and being chased into his backyard by four men who had followed him home in a white Hyundai station wagon.

Court sketch of four men sitting in court.
    PHOTO: Mitchell Bentley, Jack Davies, William Thomas, Jamie Tilley were accused of the murder of Brendan Vollmost. (ABC News: Vincent de Gouw)

Crown prosecutor David Scully said Mr Vollmost was then bashed in a backyard shed, where a "significant amount of his blood" was found by forensic officers.

Just over a minute later, the vision depicts two of the men carrying his limp body back to their car and driving away.

"The four accused were actively looking for Mr Vollmost prior to [March 31], both to recover money and also to obtain the gratification of demonstrating that they were a group to be respected," Mr Scully said.

"It is the Crown case that Mr Vollmost is dead ? one or more of the accused disposed of his body, and they also disposed of the white Hyundai that they took him away in."

During the trial the men admitted they went to Mr Vollmost's home that night, but only acted in self-defence.

"It is the defence case is that once Mr Vollmost was in the back shed Mr Vollmost armed himself with a firearm," Mr Bentley's barrister James Trevallion told the jury.

"Everything that was done after that in the shed ? was done in self-defence and in defence of each other."

Outside of court, Mr Vollmost's mother Tammy Slade told reporters said she hoped justice would be served "next time".

Frustrated and upset, Ms Slade said "it's been a long nine weeks but there's nothing I can do about it".

She said she hoped "someone could come forward" with information on her son's body's whereabouts.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-08-2021 at 04:58 AM.

I could've sworn there was more in this thread - like articles on woman who was arrested in relation to the drug supply & one of the guys buying his mum a car with the proceeds. Maybe I mixed it up with another Western Sydney case? Or maybe it was in the TCS thread. Can't be bothered checking

Either way we missed a heap of updates in this thread

https://www.hawkesburygazette.com.au...d-court-hears/

FEBRUARY 12 2018 - 10:48AM

Brendan Vollmost murder trial: friend Ronald Byrnes claims shed was covered in blood
    David Sigston

Four so-called Blood Brothers have denied murdering fellow drug dealer Brendan Vollmost.

CCTV shows four men chased South Windsor man
    Victim pulled gun on Blood Brothers, court told
    Vollmost traded ice for shotgun, court told

Moments after two friends were chased into a South Windsor shed, one was knocked out and the other was never seen again, a murder trial heard on Friday.

Ronald Byrnes told the jury he was punched in the face by a man with a "footballer's build" and when he gained consciousness he lay still, saw the shed was covered in blood, and heard male voices.

"I heard them say 'is that all he's got?' and 'get him in the car he's still f***ing breathing'," Mr Byrnes told the NSW Supreme Court on Friday.

Jamie Michael Tilley, 36, and Jack Davies, William Patrick Thomas and Mitchell James Bentley, all aged 27, have pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and murdering Brendan Vollmost, 23, at South Windsor in March 2015.

They also deny assaulting Mr Byrnes and a neighbour.

The jury has seen CCTV footage from outside Mr Vollmost's home showing him, and Mr Byrnes, running through a gate towards the back shed.

The pair were inside the shed when Mr Byrnes said he was punched in the face by a man and when he regained consciousness he lay still and heard men talking about taking a body out to the car.

The CCTV footage shows Mr Vollmost's body being carried out by two men.

A significant amount of his blood was found in the shed but his body has never been found.

Mr Byrnes said before his disappearance, Mr Vollmost told him a sawn-off shotgun in his shed was to protect him from the Blood Brothers.

Mr Byrnes said he had lived in Mr Vollmost's South Windsor house for about a month before the night of March 31 and admitted he was a regular user of ice and would drive Mr Vollmost around to deliver drugs.

About four months earlier, Mr Vollmost told Mr Byrnes he owed the Blood Brothers $6000.

Mr Byrnes told the jury when he first noticed the shotgun Mr Vollmost told him "they (Blood Brothers) were coming to get him".

Cameras were installed around the property with wireless monitors in the shed for security reasons, the witness said.

Under cross-examination by Davies' lawyer Phillip Young SC, Mr Byrnes agreed Mr Vollmost was worried about the safety of his girlfriend, who had a "temperamental" ex-partner, and his brother, who was about to be released from prison.

"But also about them," he added, while gesturing towards the four men in the dock.

On the evening of March 3, Mr Byrnes said he, Mr Vollmost and another friend, Brendan Knight, were in a car when they were followed by a white Hyundai leading the panicked trio to drive back to Mr Vollmost's home.

The trial is continuing.

https://www.bluemountainsgazette.com...losure-killer/

OCTOBER 18 2019 - 12:53PM
    I can't give victim's mum closure: killer
    Luke Costin

A Sydney killer says he can't give the victim's family closure because the young man's beaten body was put in a large toolbox and sent to a scrap metal yard.

Jack Davies, 29, is among four people - dubbed the Blood Brothers - who admitted to killing South Windsor man Brendan Vollmost in late-March 2015.

Mr Vollmost was filmed sprinting into his property, trailed by the four men, moments before he was bashed in his backyard shed.

His body has never been found, and never will be, Davies told a packed courtroom during the quartet's sentence hearing.

"I can't give the Vollmosts any closure," Davies told the NSW Supreme Court on Thursday.

Davies and his co-offenders - Jamie Michael Tilley, 37, William Patrick Thomas and Mitchell James Bentley, both 29 - pleaded guilty to manslaughter and an additional charge of concealing a corpse earlier this year.

At least three violent blows were inflicted on Mr Vollmost in the shed by Davies and Bentley before Thomas and Tilley carried the limp body down the driveway and placed him on the back seat of the group's station wagon. The group then drove away.

Davies said the quartet - convinced they'd be caught by police the next morning - sliced up the Hyundai and buried it in a national park.

Mr Vollmost's body was stored in a large tradies' toolbox until Davies decided to take it to a scrap metal yard, hiding it in the back of a dark station wagon due to be scrapped.

"Brendan had been at my house for some time. I just wanted the problem gone," he said.

"The station wagon ... presented an opportunity."

He rejected the Crown's suggestion he made up that story to hide the body's actual location and the chance for police to examine the wounds.

It made "no sense" to be sentenced for an additional charge and not give closure to Mr Vollmost's mother, Tammy Slade, Davies said.

"The body is f***ing gone and I can't bring it back. I'm sorry but that's the way it is" he said.

"I'm not a thief. I'm not a murderer."

Davies said he realised the gravity of the bashing when he saw Mr Vollmost was dead and was "truly sorry" to the victim's family, especially Mr Vollmost's younger siblings.

"I'm just so sorry that we're here today because of me."

The quartet, arrested after six months on the run, pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the eve of a second Supreme Court trial this year.

Their first trial - in which they pleaded not guilty to murder and kidnapping - resulted in a hung jury.

They will be sentenced on November 29.

Thread Information