Thread: Parents Of Dead Student Sue Clemson University And Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity

Parents Of Dead Student Sue Clemson University And Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity

Parents Of Dead Student Sue Clemson University And Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/69746...ushpmg00000021

Not sure if there is a thread for this. Please merge with the existing if there is.

This story is local. I hadn't really paid much attention to it until I read it yesterday.

It really bothered me reading the details. What it really boils down to is a pledge to a fraternity couldn't afford to buy the whole fraternity breakfast from McDonald's so he was punished.

How many families scrape every penny they can together so their child can have a college education? The kid is on a shoe string budget and can't afford the luxuries that a bunch of snot nosed brats from wealthy families can. The same wealthy families bail Jr. out of everything and they suffer no consequences for their actions.

This case has been swept under the carpet and Clemson University continues to try to keep the details under wraps. The SO over here is as crooked as it gets and someone is getting paid off big time.

I really hope somehow this family can find justice for their son.

I wanted to add this article that I.just found..Go figure
    http://m.wyff4.com/news/son-of-congr...suits/32111186...
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 04-02-2015 at 08:14 AM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Bringing it over.

CHARLESTON, S.C., March 31 (Reuters) - The parents of a 19-year-old Clemson University student who died last year after falling from a highway bridge during a pre-dawn fraternity run sued the university, the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity and three of its members for $50 million on Monday.

Tucker Hipps' body was found by police last September beneath a highway bridge over a lake near the Clemson, South Carolina campus when he didn't return from the run with other fraternity pledges.

The two civil suits, which seek $25 million each, allege that Hipps died as a result of a confrontation with a fraternity member over breakfast food he was told to bring that morning.

Hipps sent a text message that he didn't have enough money for the order of "30 McDonald's biscuits, 30 McDonald's hash browns and two gallons of chocolate milk," but a fraternity brother confronted him on the bridge over the order, court records show.

Hipps then went over the railing of the bridge into shallow water in Lake Hartwell head first, the lawsuits said, adding that a fraternity member shone a flashlight into the dark water below but took no further action to locate the student.

Clemson University, Sigma Phi Epsilon, and the fraternity members could not be immediately reached for comment. It was not clear whether the defendants had retained attorneys.

A spokeswoman for the university told the Greenville News that the school was aware of the legal action, but would not comment on pending litigation.

The suits said the fraternity had a long tradition of "requiring, pressuring, encouraging and forcing" pledge members to jump off bridges over the lake and swim to shore.

Hipps was not under the influence of any substances, according to a toxicology report. He died of blunt force trauma from a head-first fall onto rocks in shallow water, a coroner's report showed.

The lawsuits contend his death was caused by the gross negligence and recklessness of the defendants, including two other fraternity members who had organized the run.

Hipps' death sparked rampant speculation at the time by students on social media that hazing was involved, but police said a preliminary investigation did not indicate a role for hazing.

The Oconee County Sheriff's Office said this month its case remained open.

The university suspended all activities of its 24 fraternities shortly after Hipps' body was found. (Editing by Curtis Skinner)
    Here is his Facebook, also:

https://www.facebook.com/tucker.hipps

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Greek "culture" needs to be exterminated, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Well, that's just about fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Totally fucked up situation, I agree. I can tell you from past experience, the Oconee Sheriff's office is about as half assed as they come. I'm hoping that somehow the state will take over, but then again that might not help here due to the little shits that are involved being related to senators and such.

We had a close family friend that was supposedly "accidentally" run over by a friend. The story as told was that he just laid in the middle of the road and that his friend ran over him. Funny thing was, his house had blood everywhere and shit was smashed and trashed like there had been an all out brawl inside the house. This happened around 2 or 3 AM.

Around 8:30 AM, his girlfriend, freshly showered and make-uped, showed up at our house to tell my husband what happened. Me and my husband thought that it was really weird that she was so put together after witnessing someone she loved die so tragically just a few hours before. We called the Oconee County SO and reported this. No one ever followed up.

My husband spoke to the guy's mom at the funeral home. She said that there were no drugs found in his system as was once stated. He did have alcohol but not enough for him to pass out in the middle of the road. She also said that the injuries on his body didn't match up to him being run over. It appeared that he was injured and then run over to cover it up. To this day I don't think anything was ever done by the Oconee County Sheriff's office despite the conflicting info.

Another more personal account of just how shitty the Oconee County SO is...my son was molested when he was 3 by a teenager that used to stay at our house a lot. After my 3 year very casually told me what happened a few minutes before, I took him down to the family doctor who checked him and called the SO. My son was questioned by the doctor, our psychologist, a juvenile investigator, a psychologist appointed by the SO, and an advocacy therapist. Each and every one said for a 3 year old to describe in detail what happened, right down to the kid undoing the zip tie that was on his mx riding pants, there was no way that my son was coached or made it up. The SO brought the boy in and gave him a polygraph, which from what I have heard is not accurate on a kid. This boy was 13. He passed of course. They told me that was that and the end. Nothing was done.

So, noooo, forgive me if I don't have a lot of faith in the skills of this department. Here is the kinda shit that has happened since I moved here. They had trouble finding candidates for the last Sheriff's election.
    http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...PC16/120619918
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 04-02-2015 at 12:36 PM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Typical Sig Eps. I loathe fraternities/sororities and always have. Why would I want to BUY my friends?? But the Sig Eps at my college were also known douchebags who hazed beyond rationality. Like...here, shove this Popsicle up your ass and ride a bike for 10 minutes. Or..all pledges beat off and spew on this cookie then everyone takes a bite. I'm bewildered as to what organization is worth any of that shit. No thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

That actually really sad to think that a person would eat a cookie with spooge on it just to belong to a fraternity. That's kinda fucked up.

Clemson sucks and this just proves it. The damn town is orange for a reason.

Godspeed, Tucker

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thread Information