Thread: Laurice Hampton (49) was shot by her partner Terry Martin (46) in a dispute over $500 of lottery winnings

Laurice Hampton (49) was shot by her partner Terry Martin (46) in a dispute over $500 of lottery winnings

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime...cide/70722482/

FWPD: Fight over lottery winnings led to murder-suicide

FORT WORTH ? An argument over a winning $500 scratch-off lottery ticket apparently prompted a man to shoot his live-in girlfriend Saturday morning, then turn the gun on himself, Fort Worth police said Tuesday.

"We received information that the suspect had won $500 on a Texas lottery scratch-off ticket and that the victim wanted half of the proceeds," said homicide Sgt. Joe Loughman. "The suspect didn't want to share it with her."

Though critically injured from a gunshot wound to the chest, 48-year-old Laurice Hampton was able to call 911 about 6:30 a.m. Saturday to report the shootings by Terry Martin, 46.

"She told them that she had been shot and that he had shot himself after he shot her," said homicide Sgt. Joe Loughman.

Loughman said the couple had known each other since childhood and had lived together for several years. They were known to have a "very volatile relationship," he said."
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015...ttery_winnings

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Seems legit

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Over $500? Really? I mean...I'm hard up, but I wouldn't kill someone for only $500. Maybe $5000.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Depending how you look at it, it wasn't even $500. She wanted half. So yeah, senseless tragedy over $250 stinkin dollars.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    My money is mine. Your money is yours. I won mine fair and square, and that is that.

Doesn't mean that I can't share with you, but, seriously, unless homey has been living rent/utility free with her, then he owes her nothin'. One of my ex gfs and I broke up but still went to play bingo together when we were bored. While we dated, we split everything half and half - just 'cuz. She won $1000 on a jackpot after we dated. Did we split it? Nope. And she's still alive today. And that was 25 years ago, when $500 bought a fuckton more than it does now.

He could share with her though, just to be a nice guy...but nice guys don't shoot their gfs over half of a small lottery winning. Seriously.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

in the end, no one got the money. i love happy endings.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Their relationship was volatile to begin with. I'm pretty sure he killed her and himself because he was a piece of shit, and people wanted to act like he did it because of the lottery winnings. He would have done it anyway, minus the winnings.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Exactly. Won't share five hundred bucks, she burned his toast, too much bleach in his laundry. Wouldn't matter.

Sooner or later, this was the inevitable end result.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I am confused. Did she actually die? It doesn't say she did. The title of the article says murder suicide, but it says she called for help and doesn't mention her dying after?

ETA - it seems she did die. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lat...?pid=174584843

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    My money is mine. Your money is yours. I won mine fair and square, and that is that.

Doesn't mean that I can't share with you, but, seriously, unless homey has been living rent/utility free with her, then he owes her nothin'.
    Maybe she gave him the money to go buy the tickets. Maybe not, but there are too many possibilities to just say she was undeserving.
    Lurker checking in.

Thread Information