Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Phil Robertson strikes again. Goes on a violent hate filled tirade toward Atheists.

I see the Bible as a set of rules to live by.
    I think the rules are stupid and that's why I'm not a Christian LOL
    But I still stand by my comments.
    If you are an absolute believer in the Bible
    You follow it Word for Word, always.

And I feel this way about religions you can't just pick and choose what you like from each one.
    Pick what you want to be in life and commit! I do not eat meat. My family does, I am not stopping
    Them from they choice they make. It is my thing.

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    I see the Bible as a set of rules to live by.
    I think the rules are stupid and that's why I'm not a Christian LOL
    But I still stand by my comments.
    If you are an absolute believer in the Bible
    You follow it Word for Word, always.

And I feel this way about religions you can't just pick and choose what you like from each one.
    Pick what you want to be in life and commit! I do not eat meat. My family does, I am not stopping
    Them from they choice they make. It is my thing.
    If you read the Bible, you know that's impossible because it contradicts itself all over the place, and because it is written to be interpreted, not like an Ikea furniture building guide.

Probably another reason why I am a atheist LOL
    I was raised with the Catholic mother in a Jewish father I never had a chance
    To be normal, I am just meeeeeeeee

The words of the bible does not stop sin among its believers. It only assures forgiveness and salvation. An alternative way of looking at it is, it's a scarier thought that people can do horrendous things in this world and think they can make it okay by saying they are sorry to some supreme being. It's like a get out of jail free card for morality.

I just wish an intelligent person would explain to me how they are able to believe completely in something so far-fetched. Every time I've asked one, "you just have to have faith" is the stupid answer, which makes me feel like maybe nobody actually believes in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    I just wish an intelligent person would explain to me how they are able to believe completely in something so far-fetched. Every time I've asked one, "you just have to have faith" is the stupid answer, which makes me feel like maybe nobody actually believes in anything.
    You pretty much have to be indoctrinated as a child. I've met many people who were raised religious who turned away from it but I've never met anyone raised without religion who was able to get into it as an actual faith as opposed to a philosophy.

I dunno, seems like a lot of people in AA and,prison find God. Maybe we are not drunk enough to see him?

I dunno, seems like a lot of people in AA and,prison find God. Maybe we are not drunk enough to see him?
    They usually still came from religious backgrounds.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    If you were introduced to the concept of God as an adult, you'd laugh your ass off.

Think about it, it's literally the story of Santa Claus. "He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake." It's the same story but remixed for an older audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I'm just laughing that idiots paid $100 a dinner plate to hear him speak. Dummies

I don't know anything about him saying stuff about black people. But I know there was a huge uproar over him talking about gay people. I'm not saying I agree with what he is saying because I actually have quite a lot of gay friends and my oldest daughter is a lesbein. What I am saying is if you honest to God believe in the Bible then you follow that Bible to a T. If it says it's wrong you don't do it. You don't pick parts of the Bible to believe and skip over the rest because it's not PC.

Even if I do not agree with it if you're following your religion that's your business.
    Jackasses like this guy only follow the stuff in the bible that justifies their bigotry. It also says Jesus said the most important of the 10 commandments is "love your neighbor as you love yourself". Which is something very few of them actually follow.

I think my husband might be upset if I love my neighbor LOL <3

Real Christians forgive... .if they believe that gays are bad, they don't stick it in your face. Because they believe that it's what is in your heart that matters...not that you want to suck a dick instead of getting down with vag or want to munch vag instead of eating a dick!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

And thanks so much for that mental image Bruce Boxerlightner!

You pretty much have to be indoctrinated as a child. I've met many people who were raised religious who turned away from it but I've never met anyone raised without religion who was able to get into it as an actual faith as opposed to a philosophy.
    Ahhh, so I'm pretty much ruining my children also. Got it.

I really do wish my kids would believe in God... It just seems like it would make life easier. I've often thought about how I will feel when someone super close to me passes away, since I can't make myself believe they are with God or whatever. I see these moms whose kids have passed away, and they're like, "She's in Jesus's arms," etc. and it must be such a comfort to truly believe that. Do they TRULY believe that, though? Or deep down do they know it's really unlikely? I just don't see how these people can seem to have zero doubt whatsoever. How do you not doubt something at all? When a doctor gives me medicine, I halfway think it's designed to kill me or make me sicker - I can't even trust the intentions or motivations of a guy standing in front of me, talking to me in an actual voice. How can people just trust that there is a big man in the sky doling out punishments and such and that a stupid, contradictory book is the actual Word of a Higher Power? It boggles my mind.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    Ahhh, so I'm pretty much ruining my children also. Got it.

I really do wish my kids would believe in God... It just seems like it would make life easier. I've often thought about how I will feel when someone super close to me passes away, since I can't make myself believe they are with God or whatever. I see these moms whose kids have passed away, and they're like, "She's in Jesus's arms," etc. and it must be such a comfort to truly believe that. Do they TRULY believe that, though? Or deep down do they know it's really unlikely? I just don't see how these people can seem to have zero doubt whatsoever. How do you not doubt something at all? When a doctor gives me medicine, I halfway think it's designed to kill me or make me sicker - I can't even trust the intentions or motivations of a guy standing in front of me, talking to me in an actual voice. How can people just trust that there is a big man in the sky doling out punishments and such and that a stupid, contradictory book is the actual Word of a Higher Power? It boggles my mind.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Ron, I was hoping you would be the one who would make me understand how to have faith in God.

I'm just going to do what my mom did and never mention religion because it's not important. I didn't know there was a concept of something called god until I was maybe eight years old, only because kids at school asked me.

Politics and religion seem to bring out the worst in people. I tend to stay away from those subjects in real life.

I'll go politics but never religion. I was raised in a God fearing household. Many opinions to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

We went to church with my grandparents when we visited them, but my parents never ever ever talked to me about God or anything God-related. Now that I'm a grown-up, they have said things that lead me to believe they are believers, which is weird, because why wouldn't they have wanted me to know that as a kid? Maybe they didn't want me to be brainwashed, I don't know. Or maybe since they're getting older and closer to death, they want to get into Heaven.

My grandparents were atheists, too. Celebrated holidays because they're fun.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    One of my first memories is going to church with my grandma and being taught the concept of Hell, and the Devil, and for some reason, rejecting it. The Sunday school teacher was pissed, and told my Grandma. I believe in God, I don't believe in the devil or hell, and I know that confuses people. My Mom wasn't religious either, so she gave us (my brother, I have one brother by birth) and I a choice of religions. One week we tried this, one week that. I was a very bright child, so I rejected some right away. Scientology? Hell no! JH nope, the predictions of the world ending was a turn off. Catholicism....I got very good sleep there, and the idea that the nuns actually marry Jesus, who happens to be dead, AND they never get to experience sex...not to mention the priest, nope can't do that. Then we moved to Chicago. When they say that the Mormon's will go anyplace, they will. We moved to the projects for 1 year. One day, I'll be damn if she didn't have them come visit us, just in case we wanted to try the Mormons. Once they ran down their story, my 9 year old self had enough. No more religion, these people are making this shit up!

That's where I am today. The Bible is so old. You can't hold a baby while on your cycle, hell you can't be in the same tent as your family will on your cycle. Sodom and Gomorrah? One of the main reasons was because of greed and failure to take care of the poor. All of the rape in the Bible, the misuse of women. I find people who live by the Bible today crazy.

Phil Robertson is crazy.

Ok, I'm going back to singing and farming and shit.

I like how you are considered dirty after giving birth and banned from your home...longer if you give birth to a girl. Can you tell me again how much god hates women?

He must hate me lots I am pregnant with baby #6!
    4 at home in my arms, one little guy in heaven and
    A new edition in October!

Thread Information