Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 150 people were killed when a Germanwings plane crashed in the French Alps

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I agree and I can definitely see it just being suicide, but I think it's too early to rule out anything.

Hell, with MD370 there was nothing said to ATC, and they found nothing, but so many people were CONVINCED it was terrorism just because of the nationality of the pilots. Now on this one they are already trying to say it was nothing but suicide. I doubt they have even had time to interview people who knew him and look into his personal life. Hell, maybe he was another Timothy McView and was mad at the government in Germany or something...who knows?

It probably is just a matter of a personal matter that drove him to suicide, but I think it's premature to say ANYTHING one way or another at this point.
    Yeah I'm about here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

One of the creepiest things (in my opinion) is that I don't think he could have planned to do something like this for THIS specific flight. He might have made his mind up to crash a plane, but not necessarily on that particular day. He knew he would have to be alone in the cockpit, which meant that the other pilot would need to piss or need to stretch his legs or whatever for that to happen. Neither of those things would have been a given on a two-hour flight, much less one hour into the flight.

A longer flight, sure, but not a short one like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

There's a lot of info coming out claiming he had a history of depression and mental illness.

In the US he would have lost his medical to fly. Only in the last couple of years have you been able to take any medication for depression, and it's only three that the FAA approves, and even then you have to ground yourself (and be without income) for months to years before they approve it. The FAA thinks that no pilots should ever have any depression or mental illness. Truth be told, I would much rather have my pilot medicated and doing ok with his depression, than hiding it from everyone and floundering. I am curious what the thought is for the European board of licensing?
    This seems kind of impossible.

There's a lot of info coming out claiming he had a history of depression and mental illness.
    Yep. I'm wondering if his particular case of mental illness was, pardon my medical terms here, Sad or Mad. Was he more motivated by the idea of killing himself no matter who else he took out with him, or did he WANT to kill as many people as possible?

I mean, yeah, he could have just shot himself if it was the former. But you know, unspecified mental illness. It's hard to say.
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

marriage counseling is not a mental disorder.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

huh. that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

The FAA thinks any counseling means you are in not in full mental control...therefore it equals mental disorder to them. I know, I know, it's stupid. It's one of the most stupid fucking things I have ever heard. After being happily married for 23 years, I can tell you that just about every marriage everywhere can benefit from counseling at one point or another, but these guys think they know best about everything.
    I'm not even sure it's that. Moreso, "anything not to get sued"
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

The State Department on Thursday identified Robert Oliver as the third American killed in the crash of a German jetliner in the Alps.

The State Department did not immediately release further information. But his father, Robert Tansill Oliver, a retired teacher who lives in Barcelona, told Reuters that his son was 37, an employee of the clothing company Desigual, with a wife and two children.

Related: Crash now a ?mass murder investigation?

?All fathers and mothers, families who have lost a loved one, a son, a daughter, a loved one, to death ? I?d encourage them to not focus on those last 10 minutes, the final crash,? he said.

?I?d like to encourage them to think about the wonderful years that they have enjoyed of life together, those wonderful moments, happy moments with the family, with friends, the name, their reputation, think about the good moments, the wonderful moments, and of course think about the future.?

The other two Americans known to be on the plane were identified Wednesday ? Yvonne Selke and her daughter Emily, from Nokesville, Virginia.

The plane, Germanwings Flight 9525, crashed Tuesday in the French Alps, killing all 150 people on board. Investigators said on Thursday that the co-pilot of the plane apparently took it down deliberately.
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/robert-ol...n-killed-crash
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    The State Department on Thursday identified Robert Oliver as the third American killed in the crash of a German jetliner in the Alps.

The State Department did not immediately release further information. But his father, Robert Tansill Oliver, a retired teacher who lives in Barcelona, told Reuters that his son was 37, an employee of the clothing company Desigual, with a wife and two children.

Related: Crash now a ?mass murder investigation?

?All fathers and mothers, families who have lost a loved one, a son, a daughter, a loved one, to death ? I?d encourage them to not focus on those last 10 minutes, the final crash,? he said.

?I?d like to encourage them to think about the wonderful years that they have enjoyed of life together, those wonderful moments, happy moments with the family, with friends, the name, their reputation, think about the good moments, the wonderful moments, and of course think about the future.?

The other two Americans known to be on the plane were identified Wednesday ? Yvonne Selke and her daughter Emily, from Nokesville, Virginia.

The plane, Germanwings Flight 9525, crashed Tuesday in the French Alps, killing all 150 people on board. Investigators said on Thursday that the co-pilot of the plane apparently took it down deliberately.
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/robert-ol...n-killed-crash
    Um. I know a Bob Oliver. The son who was killed is way too young to be the guy I know but the father'd be about the right age. I don't think it's this guys dad, but that'll give you a turn.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

May sound a little strange, but I wonder what his radiation dose was for the Ytd

Just an idea even if it's far, far out there.

They were saying on the news here earlier that some of the UK airlines are making it mandatory as of tomorrow for there to be two crew members in the cockpit at all times.

ETA: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32075657
    Last edited by leapfreak; 03-26-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Looks like raisedbywolves nailed it.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/27/europe...ain/index.html

He had a medical leave note for the day of the crash and had been under treatment for some time. He ripped up other medical leave notes, which investigators say means he likely hid his condition from his employer.

So awful.

Hi I'm new to posting but not new to the site. I've been around since 2010 and passed the initiation rite of The Baudelaire Twins Thread back then and Lina Morgana! I mostly prefer missing person cases however I wanted to post here.....

I thought about the co-pilot they say his breathing was regular so therefore he couldn't have had heart attack ect....okay but I don't see how his breathing would be regular if he was purposely crashing the plane...not saying he didn't but surely his heart rate would have increased and breathing anything but regular.... Adrenaline.... There's no way I can imagine a guy deliberately doing what he did and having steady regular breathing pattern....

Quote Originally Posted by mswishingonastar View Post
    Hi I'm new to posting but not new to the site. I've been around since 2010 and passed the initiation rite of The Baudelaire Twins Thread back then and Lina Morgana! I mostly prefer missing person cases however I wanted to post here.....

I thought about the co-pilot they say his breathing was regular so therefore he couldn't have had heart attack ect....okay but I don't see how his breathing would be regular if he was purposely crashing the plane...not saying he didn't but surely his heart rate would have increased and breathing anything but regular.... Adrenaline.... There's no way I can imagine a guy deliberately doing what he did and having steady regular breathing pattern....
    I assume that by "regular" they mean he wasn't making choking or gasping sounds.

It's hard for me to wrap my brain around, but some people feel extremely peaceful in the moments leading up to a suicide attempt.

You could also look at it like lamaze during labor, controlling your breathing.

Yeah, I'm thinking he was probably pretty relaxed and just happy to be finally accomplishing his goal.

And I fully support the minimum of two people in the cockpit at all times rule.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking he was probably pretty relaxed and just happy to be finally accomplishing his goal.

And I fully support the minimum of two people in the cockpit at all times rule.
    I don't know, if this guy had a plan, he probably would have just killed the pilot anyway to get it accomplished. The bathroom leave just made it easier.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah. Someone that has decided that suicide is what they REALLY want to do are not inclined to panic. They're probably relieved. I'm not surprised about the calm breathing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Haltern am See, the town where the teens who were killed went to school, is about 40 km (24 mi) far from where I live. I see the airport in D?sseldorf every day on my way to work. This feeling I have in me is horrible. It's a mixture of emotions and I don't understand any of it, because I feel so helpless. This really struck hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yeah. Someone that has decided that suicide is what they REALLY want to do are not inclined to panic. They're probably relieved. I'm not surprised about the calm breathing.
    I guess its just incomprehensible to me but now you put it like that I can see what you mean although I just cant imagine staying calm breathing after deliberately descending an aircraft knowing its minutes from wreckage! Its just evil though to take all those other lives with you.

The story is so sad all around

I'm not sure what this means but someone wrote it on facebook

"This is NOT true look into CERN it was going off only 130 mi away, it dirupts the magnetic feild, this is smoke & mirrors so NO one figures out that these MAD scientist were playing god (yes, samll "g' here on purpose) & they made a MESS! Who know what else they did??"

Anyone know anything about this or what the person is referring to?

The fb post is referring to the speculation that the co-pilot deliberately crashed the aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by mswishingonastar View Post
    I'm not sure what this means but someone wrote it on facebook

"This is NOT true look into CERN it was going off only 130 mi away, it dirupts the magnetic feild, this is smoke & mirrors so NO one figures out that these MAD scientist were playing god (yes, samll "g' here on purpose) & they made a MESS! Who know what else they did??"

Anyone know anything about this or what the person is referring to?
    I believe they are referring to this.

Thread Information