View Poll Results: What do you think of the suggested law?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • great idea

1 3.70%
  • fucking retarded

18 66.67%
  • to busy making crack to form an opinion

4 14.81%
  • too high off crack to form an opinion

0 0%
  • I LOVE CRACK W00T

4 14.81%

Thread: Bill would require ID to purchase Baking Soda (vote in poll) :curse:

shiki

Bill would require ID to purchase Baking Soda (vote in poll) :curse:

I personally think this is fucking retarded. What do y'all think?

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...8?OpenDocument

Missouri bill calls for crackdown on sale of ... baking soda
    By Derek Kravitz
    POST-DISPATCH JEFFERSON CITY BUREAU
    04/05/2007

JEFFERSON CITY — First, the state said you must make a special trip to the pharmacy counter to buy certain cold medicines. That was to curb production of methamphetamine.

Now, a St. Louis legislator wants you to do the same thing to buy an even more common household item — baking soda — because it's used to make crack cocaine.

Sales of cold medications containing pseudoephedrine, such as Sudafed, are strictly regulated in Missouri. Customers must show a photo ID when they buy the medicine. Pharmacists must log the names and addresses of buyers, including how much they buy. People under 18 may not buy the medicines.

The sponsor of the baking soda bill, Rep. Talibdin El-Amin, D-St. Louis, said the same approach was needed for baking soda because crack cocaine is often produced by dissolving powdered cocaine in a mixture of water and baking soda. Advertisement

"We have crack cocaine running rampant in our neighborhoods," he said. "Don't get me wrong, meth needs to be tackled. But anything that calls attention and brings the crack cocaine problem to the forefront is a positive step."

Don't expect a change any time soon, though. The bill, filed late last month, has yet to reach committee consideration and likely won't reach the House floor for debate this year.

Critics say such a law would be impossible to enforce because baking soda, which is used as a deodorant, as a cleaning agent and in antacid, among other things, is so common.

"To put it behind the counter and create a log that a zillion people would have to use, the law would be completely useless," said David Overfelt, president of the Missouri Retailers Association.

Baking soda could also be replaced in making crack cocaine with drain cleaner or ammonia, others say.

"With these drugs, there are so many different chemicals that can be used — batteries, coffee filters, anything," said Ron Leone, executive director of the Missouri Petroleum Marketers and Convenience Store Association. "It's like MacGyver. Everything's possible."

Drug enforcement experts say the differences between regulating the sale of pseudoephedrine and the sale of baking soda are sizable.

"When you generate a list of people who use baking soda, it pretty much includes everyone. It's a common household item," said Tom Murphy, a special agent with the St. Louis division of the Drug Enforcement Administration.

But Murphy said cocaine, in all of its forms, should be seen as a real problem.

"Cocaine is still the primary drug of concern in St. Louis and East St. Louis, Ill.," he said. "It's second behind meth in the rural areas. It's still around."

The baking soda bill is HB1189.

dkravitz@post-dispatch.com | 573-635-6178

Re: Bill would require ID to purchase Baking Soda (vote in poll) :curse:

another bullshit cause to waste tax payers money. 

BULLSHIT I SAY!

it was a government conspiracy to cook crack and give it to poor black men in the first place.  now this? 

someone shoot me.  i can't take it any longer...  let my 'fridge be unfresh.  fuck it. 

This reminds me... need to go pick some of that shit up.

For my fridge, people. My fridge. (Even if I said I love crack w00t.)

I think they should just pass a law that says you must produce ID to buy crack.

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=6386.msg279156#msg279156 date=1176145542]
    I think they should just pass a law that says you must produce ID to buy crack.
    [/quote]

dont know about the rest of the country, but in NY we dont use baking soda anymore to cook up, our cookup...!
    Let'em ban it.

I`m guessing all drug dealers are all under the age of 18,huh?

[quote author=S281Saleen160 link=topic=6386.msg279158#msg279158 date=1176145718]
    dont know about the rest of the country, but in NY we dont use baking soda anymore to cook up, our cookup...!
    Let'em ban it.
    [/quote]

This is news to me.
    What do you use?

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=6386.msg285820#msg285820 date=1176382723]
    This is news to me.
    What do you use?
    [/quote]

old skool.  chems...!

And the lawmakers get dumber and dumber!

SOAD

In the UK they introduced a dumb-ass law that you need ID (license and registration I think u guys would call it) etc to buy a number plate for your vehicle (this was to crack down on people having plates made with a digit back-to-front to avoid speed camers fines)
    Obviously the govenment havent heard of ebay...dumb fuckwits, and these ppl are supposed to be running our country

i heard of some state charging drug dealers taxes.(and we all know how the irs likes to screw people for not paying those)not sure of the truth behind it. maybe they should just follow that example instead of letting some crackhead assholes ruin it for everyone else.

damn it sucks already though in my city the sudafed is behind the prescription counter. couldn't imagine baking soda.ok too drunk to come up with any other serious rational-ish thoughts.
    i don&#39;t even give a care<br />Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one&#39;s definition of your life; define yourself

Ya know there are some things that can be held behind a counter&nbsp; (inhalants, medications, etc), but baking soda. Hmm why instead of punishing the law abiding citizens start by educating it's people on turning in these meth/coke houses/labs. They could also start making a hell of a lot more busts for drugs and making the penalties even worse. I do not think it is fair that a whole state has to cave and work around a selected few who brake the laws.

[quote author=-kLiNk- link=topic=6386.msg289777#msg289777 date=1176524065]
    i heard of some state charging drug dealers taxes.(and we all know how the irs likes to screw people for not paying those)not sure of the truth behind it. maybe they should just follow that example instead of letting some crackhead assholes ruin it for everyone else.

damn it sucks already though in my city the sudafed is behind the prescription counter. couldn't imagine baking soda.ok too drunk to come up with any other serious rational-ish thoughts.
    [/quote]

yes, if you get caught with pot they can charge you for not having a tax stamp.&nbsp;

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6670

you should check out the movie &quot;grass&quot; narrated by woody.&nbsp; very informative and halarious!&nbsp; &nbsp;

wtf. if they the shit bad enough they'll find a way to get it. i do looooooooooooooooooooove my crack so i'm against it.....
    [quote author=eliot.eliot]God, this is why i love you..You&#039;re witty..almost too witty...[/quote][quote author=eliot.eliot]I&#039;m putty in your hands.[/quote]

Retarded.

Why don't they just ban everything, to protect stupid people from themselves.

Seriously.

[quote author=im dead inside link=topic=6386.msg293288#msg293288 date=1176727727]
    wtf. if they the shit bad enough they'll find a way to get it. i do looooooooooooooooooooove my crack so i'm against it.....
    [/quote]i was joking right there.
    [quote author=eliot.eliot]God, this is why i love you..You&#039;re witty..almost too witty...[/quote][quote author=eliot.eliot]I&#039;m putty in your hands.[/quote]

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=6386.msg293292#msg293292 date=1176728244]
    Retarded.

Why don't they just ban everything, to protect stupid people from themselves.

Seriously.

[/quote]

It'd be so much easier just to ban stupid people. LOL

[quote author=Deviant Toaster link=topic=6386.msg293303#msg293303 date=1176729236]
    It'd be so much easier just to ban stupid people. LOL
    [/quote]but then ther would only be like 200 people left. so where wouldthey send stupid people??

Thread Information