Thread: Tripp Shaw (4) was killed when his dad's gun slipped from his back and went off, shooting both of them while they were play wrestling

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Tripp Shaw (4) was killed when his dad's gun slipped from his back and went off, shooting both of them while they were play wrestling

https://www.wmur.com/article/a-4-yea...s-say/30666297

A 4-year-old Indiana boy who was accidentally shot in the head while play-wrestling with his father has died, authorities said.

Tripp Shaw died Thursday morning as a result of his injuries, the Monroe County Sheriff's Office said.

Tripp and his 36-year-old father were play-wrestling in their home in Bloomington on Jan. 19 when the man's concealed handgun slipped from his back and went off, the sheriff's office said.

The shot struck both of them in the head. The father is expected to recover, according to the sheriff's office.

The sheriff's office hasn't said whether the father will be charged, citing an ongoing investigation.

According to the National Safety Council, accidental and preventable gun deaths make up 1% of overall gun-related deaths in the United States. In 2017, there were 486 accidental or preventable gun deaths.
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/it-takes-...he-shaw-family

So his dad was so scared of his own shadow that he had to have a gun in his waistband while in the house, and then was dumb enough to wrestle with his kid while it was there? Yeah, they should definitely charge this guy.

I'm so confused as how this could happen. The gun dropped out of his waistband and shot off one bullet that struck both of them in the head? Crazy
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    I'm so confused as how this could happen. The gun dropped out of his waistband and shot off one bullet that struck both of them in the head? Crazy
    Yeah, I am kind of side eying the whole thing. On their GFM the wife says this:

We are also aware of how sensationalized this accident has become and the hurtful things that have been said and continue to be said. We’ve also seen how you have rallied for us and defended us. *You are the best. ❤️* Please remember that we have other children in the family we are trying to shield and protect as well as protect our privacy. If you don’t know or are unsure, please do not share.
    Um, first of all you can't expect people not to side eye. Second of all, you can't expect the public to give you money and then ask for privacy. This whole thing seems a little sketchy to me.

Yep throwing shade here.

Thread Information