Thread: Rapper Alexis Alijai Lynch (21) died on New Year's Day

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Rapper Alexis Alijai Lynch (21) died on New Year's Day

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/02/minne...ai-dead-at-21/

Minnesota rapper Lexii Alijai died on New Year?s Day, distraught loved ones confirmed on social media.

Alijai, 21, whose full name is Alexis Alijai Lynch, was the granddaughter of singer-songwriter Roger Troutman, Vibe reported. She carved out a name for herself in the industry ? building a large following on Soundcloud, Instagram and YouTube before releasing her debut full-length album, ?Growing Pains,? in September 2017.

Alijai collaborated with California singer-songwriter Kehlani on her singles ?Jealous? and ?You Should Be Here,? which was nominated for a Grammy.

The rising star previously performed at the Soundset Music Festival in St. Paul in 2016 at the age of just 18, Minnesota outlet Bring Me The News reported.

In Alijai?s last Facebook post on New Year?s Eve, she shared her status written on that day in 2013.

?Stayin in the crib as usual on New Years? [I don?t] do parties,? it said. ?I hope everyone has fun, be safe!?

Her cause of death was not immediately released, according to the local outlet.

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...id=mailsignout

Burgeoning rapper Lexii Alijai died at the top of 2020, on Jan. 1, just six weeks out from what would have been her 22nd birthday. Nearly a month later, on Monday (Jan. 27), the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office announced that the 1AM Records signee died as a result of a lethal mixture of fentanyl and ethanol.

The medical examiner's office has ruled her death to be an accident.

Thread Information