Thread: Carson McCullough Smith (18) Murdered and 2 teens are persons of interest in the Investigation

Post Carson McCullough Smith (18) Murdered and 2 teens are persons of interest in the Investigation

https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/...of-18-year-old

AUSTIN, Texas ? Two juveniles have been arrested in connection to the stabbing death of 18-year-old Carson McCullough Smith.

Monday, the Anderson High School senior's friends and family were mourning his loss after he died Saturday night following the stabbing Friday evening. Witnesses to the aftermath recall the chaos.

"People were screaming, 'call 911.' People were screaming 'just to put pressure on his chest,' because he was bleeding," explains Piper Blue who lives across the street from where the stabbing happened.

Police say adult witnesses attempted life saving measures which allowed EMS to transport Smith to the hospital for surgery. While doctors worked to save Smith's life, Austin ISD police assisted APD in the investigation which led to the arrests of two minors -- one 13 and one 15.

"It is very rare. This age is very rare and surprising... shocking," says Austin Police Sgt. Eric De Los Santos.

Police say one juvenile was arrested at the apartment complex just feet from the scene. Over the weekend a letter sent to Anderson High School and Murchison Middle School parents said:

Parents,
    We are writing to inform you of an incident that occurred in the community, not on an AISD campus, Friday evening involving AISD students. Austin Police Department is investigating the incident. AISD is awaiting further information from Austin Police Department and will share it with you when it is available.
    Sincerely,
    Brad Clark
    Murchison Middle School
    &
    Sammi Harrison
    Principal
    Anderson High School
    "We know that there are a lot of question as to why this occurred and that's part of this investigation," says De Los Santos.

Residents on Sonnet Avenue say the crime is not just shocking but disturbing.

"A middle schooler killed someone? Kids?" asked Hailey Kaiser. Kaiser went to Anderson High School and Murchison Middle School. She says the threat of violence never crossed her mind.

"When I went there I never felt threatened. I never felt scared going to school. I never felt like my peers could do something like that," Kaiser said.

Because the suspects are minors, their identities are not being released. Police say both minors are being held at Gardner Betts Juvenile Justice Center. APD says they are still investigating the motive behind the stabbing.

Students at Anderson High described a somber day of classes for those who knew Carson Smith.

"My first period, there were two younger girls that knew him pretty well who were crying," said Holden Clarkson.

Other students said the library was closed off for anyone who needed a grief counselor and a moment of silence was held for the 18-year-old.

"He was a really nice guy, it was really fun talking to him, he was funny, he had this great laugh," said Clarkson.

Witnesses Alex and David told CBS Austin news off camera that they helped Smith after he was stabbed.

The husband and wife said they had just pulled into their driveway on Sonnet Ave. before the altercation. Alex said she saw two teens get into the back seat of a car. She then saw Smith come out of the vehicle saying he was stabbed. Alex said she applied pressure to the wound while David called 911.

Austin Police said their quick response "has a lot to do with why EMS was able to make a transport," allowing family to say goodbye.

Note the SUspects are not named at this time but the motive under investigation.

Speculation on FB is that it was over those vape pens.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/cr...7-2082abdc9458

Motive is under investigation

AUSTIN, Texas — A 13-year-old and a 15-year-old are suspected of fatally stabbing Carson McCullough Smith, 18, KVUE and the Austin American-Statesman's Tony Plohetski confirmed.

Police said a call came in on Friday at 5:56 p.m. reporting a person had been stabbed in the 8100 block of Sonnet Ave. Austin-Travis County EMS responded and took Smith to Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas with life-threatening injuries.

Anderson High School confirmed to KVUE that Smith was a senior. Counselors and school district staff will be on hand for anyone who needs support, Anderson High said in a letter to the school's community.

"Carson’s family has been in communication with Anderson throughout this weekend," the school said in the letter. "Information about arrangements will be shared as soon as it is made available."

Shortly after he was transported to the hospital, police said they were able to identify two suspects based on witness reports and arrested one juvenile suspect Saturday morning. A second juvenile suspect was arrested early Sunday morning. Both are at the Gardner-Betts Juvenile Justice Center.

KVUE and the Austin American-Statesman's Tony Plohetski confirmed Monday morning the suspects are 13 and 15 years old.

Police said that although the circumstances surrounding the death are still being investigated, they do not believe there is any further threat to the public at this time.

Anyone with more information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 512-472-TIPS, text "Tip 103" plus your message to CRIMES, or use the new Crime Stoppers App or email APD Homicide at homicide.apd@austintexas.gov. Tips can remain anonymous.

Thread Information