Thread: Zebb Quinn, 18, missing since January 2, 2000.

Zebb Quinn, 18, missing since January 2, 2000.

In relation to: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ter-the-murder

I'm starting a thread for Zebb Quinn. Based on Robert Owens murdering Cristie and JT, above, and being the last person to see Zebb alive, I'm sure now he's killed Zebb, too.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/q/quinn_zebb.html

Quinn was employed at the Wal-Mart store on Hendersonville Road in Asheville, North Carolina in 2000. He departed from work at 9:00 p.m. on January 2 of that year and met his friend, Robert "Jason" Owens, in the store's parking lot (some agencies may spell his last name "Owen"). Quinn planned to look at a Mitsubish Eclipse he was considering purchasing in the near future. Owens said he was accompanying Quinn and they drove separate cars to the location. A security camera videotape at the Eblen Citgo gas station on Hendersonville Road showed Quinn and Owens entering the store to purchase sodas at approximately 9:15 p.m. Owens's Ford pickup truck and Quinn's light blue Mazda Protege are seen pulling away from the station on the tape several minutes later. Both vehicles were headed towards Long Shoals Road.

Owens told authorities that Quinn flashed his headlights sometime prior to 9:30 p.m. The men were near TC Roberson High School on Long Shoals Road in Asheville at the time. Owens said they both pulled over to the side of the road and Quinn told him he received a page. Owens stated that Quinn drove away to make a phone call at that time. Owens told authorities that Quinn returned approximately ten minutes later and rear-ended Owens's truck. Quinn apologized for the accident and said that he could not look at the vehicle as planned that evening, then he drove away. He has never been heard from again.

Owens was treated for head injuries and a broken rib he claimed to have incurred during an unrelated automobile accident during the early morning hours of January 3, several hours after Quinn disappeared. Owens stated that the accident occurred near The Waffle House restaurant on Long Shoals Road by the intersection of Interstate 26. Owens called Wal-Mart on January 4 and reported that Quinn was ill and would not be arriving for his shift that day. After giving his inital statement about Quinn's disappearance, he refused to cooperate further with police.

Quinn's Mazda Protege was discovered abandoned on January 16, two weeks after his disappearance. The vehicle was located in the parking lot of The Little Pigs Barbecue restaurant on McDowell Street. A plastic hotel key and a female black Labrador mix puppy, approximately three months old, were found inside Quinn's car, as well as several empty drink bottles, hairs, and a jacket that didn't belong to Quinn. The puppy wasn't his either, and was adopted by one of the police officers who investigated Quinn's case. A large pair of lips and two exclamation points had been drawn in orange-pink lipstick on the rear windshield, and the driver's seat was adjusted for someone shorter than Quinn. There was no sign of him at the scene. The vehicle was parked nearby Mission St. Joseph's Hospital, where Quinn's grandmother, mother and sister all worked as neonatal nurses.

Authorities believe that foul play was involved in Quinn's disappearance and are investigating his case as a homicide. In 2009, they collected hair, saliva and fingerprint samples from a female friend of his, but they stated the woman isn't a suspect in his disappearance. Quinn told his loved ones that the woman's boyfriend was abusive to her and he himself was in trouble because of his relationship with the woman. He told one coworker someone had threatened his life. No charges have brought against anyone in connection with Quinn's case, although police are actively investigating it. They stated they believe more than one person was involved in Quinn's disappearance and presumed murder.

More here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/q/quinn_zebb.html

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

. A plastic hotel key and a female black Labrador mix puppy, approximately three months old,
    Daawwwww.

Whoa, what a weird story Owens dude gave.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Nice! Anyway, how about that puppy? Ruled out as a suspect?

The puppy was in the car for two weeks and no one heard it barking? I'm surprised it lived that long without water.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Maybe the car wasn't left there the whole time. I remember watching this on ID a few months ago...at first I was at a "anything could have happened" state of mind until he called in to work for him. Then I went to "yep, he did something."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Yeah just says car was found 2 weeks later with puppy inside..NOT that it had been sitting there for 2 weeks with puppy inside
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Did they not try to track down the room key to a motel/hotel? People tend to register at the front desk

And I dunno..... Post pics of the puppy trying to find someone who knows it? Did they even investigate this shit? It sounds like the car was an evidence goldmine. Hairs, lipstick, puppies, room keys. I mean, shit. The only thing they didn't leave was a note to the police asking them to meet them at their place for lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'm phone posting so don't have the link, but try to watch the disappeared episode about zebb. It answers a lot of the questions you guys have posted.

Awesome, thank you.

Not to mention Owens was the last to see Zebb alive; callers Walmart the following day to report Zebb was sick and wouldn't be to work.
    Car was found in front of a restaurant in Asheville that's well known and way too close to Biltmore Forest to allow for the car to have been there long without being towed.
    Finally let's face it, Jason Owens has a rap sheet a mile long.

And APD is incompetent

!!!!!It's about freaking time.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/n...rge/473239001/

Convicted murderer Robert Jason Owens appeared in court Thursday to face charges for the murder of Zebb Quinn.

Owens, 37, appeared in courtroom 3B of the Buncombe County Courthouse at around 10 a.m. wearing leg shackles and a brown prison jumpsuit.

A grand jury indicted Owens Monday for the murder of Quinn, an 18-year-old man that disappeared in January of 2000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

From July 2022:

https://wlos.com/news/local/robert-j...unty-cold-case

Owens pleads guilty to accessory after the fact of first-degree murder in 2000 disappearance of Zebb Quinn

So WHY did he murder Zeb? Was there ever an explanation?

I found this article that the defense provided as an explanation:

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/...e/10129608002/

excerpt: In court and after the hearing, defense attorneys said that Owens*was Quinn's*friend and that Owens'*abusive*and controlling uncle duped his nephew into luring Quinn to Pisgah National Forest to meet a woman with whom Quinn*was smitten. But the woman, Misty Taylor, was not actually there, and the uncle, Walter "Gene" Owens, who had been hired by Taylor's boyfriend, killed Quinn, then dismembered and burned his body.

"This is not a compromise plea. This is not that, 'Oh, there's just insufficient evidence, and we want to get this case closed and plead to accessory,'"*North Carolina Capital Defender Victoria Jayne said. "It is in our opinion, that accessory is exactly what Mr. Owens is guilty of, and that's why we're here today."

Prosecutors, while agreeing to the plea, were skeptical Owens had not been the murderer.*Assistant District Attorney Jeremey Ingle, who was prosecuting the case under District Attorney Todd Williams, said Quinn had expressed interest in buying a car, and Owens told him he could take him to see one the night of Jan. 2.

On Jan. 4, Owens called in to Quinn's job at Walmart attempting to impersonate him and saying he would miss work. In a 2015 written statement, Owens said his uncle hid a large piece of Quinn's skull under a rock. But in an interview with police, Owens said he came back and hid the skull.

"Based on the evidence available, the lack of evidence of motive, cause of death, spoilation of evidence based on a decades-long pause in critical leads in the case, a conviction of first-degree murder at trial*— though never a certainty*— would present a steep challenge considering all these factors," Ingle said.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    So, are they not going to charge the Uncle? Or did I miss that he was dead or already charged?

Such a confusing case.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information