Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anjelica Hadsell aka AJ (18) was found deceased a month after she went missing

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Kicked a dog? No one is gonna give a shit about his kid now.
    Right?

Writing her off now.

On to a new thread with non-dog kicking family members in it!

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

The excessive & extremely possessive use of "MY daughter, MY daughter" was bugging me - he was really driving home the connection. Most parents refer to their kid, adult or otherwise, by their name at least a little. He never seems to say "Angelica" (or any variations).

Then it turns out he's not actually her dad. Which doesn't necessarily mean anything - raise a kid, support them through childhood & none of that bio stuff matters - except apparently he wasn't around when she was a kid either.

& I'm not belittling in anyway the relationship/bond a step-parent can have with older kids & teens, but those relationships are different to the ones with little kids - there's usually more respect for the kid as an individual. You don't tend to see that extreme possessive ownership attitude/language in those relationships unless the adult is seriously manipulative, or there's something fucked up going on.

That said, my test sample is too small to give an accurate assessment of all step-parent/step-kid relatioinships AND a lot of media are useless &/or bastards (excluding anyone on MDS who may or may not have links to said profession, of course) & his words could've been exaggerated/taken out of context/completely mis-reported etcetc in which case ignore all of the above.

ETA - seems too high a dose of pain meds makes me debate & negate my own posts. The next 48 hrs should be fun for me to read over in a couple of months.
    Last edited by blighted star; 03-24-2015 at 08:38 AM.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Yes, the Dad sounds guilty to me. He's doing too much. The fact that he has no bail is telling.

I guess the stepdad's story is falling apart.

They are searching for her body in a pond because that's where people saw his plumbing truck at.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-van-seen.html

Sickening. I hope for the mom's sake this isn't the case. I can't imagine anything more horrifying than knowing you brought a predator into your home and lost your child as a result.

So ... a body was found in Franklin, Va., and there's a bunch of Twatter chatter that it's likely AJ. I'll try to keep an eye on it, but I'm hosting a get-together at my house tonight and I have a shit-ton to do.

Also, AJ's last name is missing an L in the header. Maybe a mod can correct it for us :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Shit. I hit return before I copied and pasted the article. Here it is...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/remains-fou...ry?id=30186636

Human remains have been found in a search for missing college student Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, according to police in Norfolk, Virginia.

The remains found in Southampton County have been sent to the Chief Medical Examiner's Office to be identified and to determine the cause of death, police said.

The FBI is now involved in the investigation, police said.

Virginia Police Search Pond After Tip in Teen Disappearance Case
    Virginia Cops Search for Missing Teenage Girl
    Hadsell, 18, had been missing since March 2, according to the Norfolk police. She was a freshman at Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia, and was home for spring break in Norfolk when she disappeared, police said.

Two days later, Norfolk police received a tip that Hadsell had been seen on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University, two hours away from where she was last seen by her family.

A new tip last week led police to search a pond in Carrsville, Virginia, about 40 miles away from Norfolk.

Investigators have said there is no evidence of foul play, but her family and friends have said she wouldn't disappear on purpose.

"This is not Anjelica," her friend Andre Barr told ABC News. "We all know her, we know how she would act and this is not -- this is out of character."

ABC News' Katherine Faulders contributed to this report.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

What kind of tip could possibly have led them to a pond?

The body was found beside a shed at an abandoned house.

no one can say whether the remains found Thursday morning beside an abandoned house near the Virginia-North Carolina border are those of Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell.

The medical examiner must identify them, and that takes time, said Cpl. Melinda Wray, spokeswoman for the Norfolk Police Department.

Family and friends gathered at Hadsell’s home in Norfolk to await news from police.

A patrol car was parked outside, the officer there to keep the family informed.

“We’re just praying that all of this is resolved swiftly, and we’re just trying to work together as a family,” said Timothy Moran, a family friend and minister who spoke on their behalf.

Hadsell, an 18-year-old Longwood University freshman, went missing March 2 while at her parents’ home in Norfolk’s Tarrallton neighborhood.

Police scoured a property south of Franklin before removing the body Thursday.

It was found in waist-high grass beside a dilapidated house more than 50 miles from Hadsell’s home.
    http://hamptonroads.com/2015/04/rema...lks-aj-hadsell

ID'ed as AJ today

http://wtvr.com/2015/04/10/anjelica-...thampton-home/

SOUTHAMPTON COUNTY, Va. — Norfolk police said the human remains discovered in the 34000 block of Smiths Ferry Road in Southampton County Thursday are those of missing Longwood University student Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell.

WTKR reports*Hadsell*disappeared from her home in the Tarrallton area of Norfolk on March 2 while she was home for Spring Break from Longwood University.

The FBI, Virginia State Police and the Virginia Department of Emergency Management are all assisting Norfolk police with the investigation into her disappearance.

They were alerted to the location in Southampton County sometime Thursday morning.

Neighbors said the home has been abandoned for about two years and that no one had been seen at the home until about three or four weeks ago. It was then that a neighbor’s friend saw a blue or black Dodge Caravan go*into the driveway late at night and drive around to the back of the home with no lights on.

Investigators returned to the home on Friday morning. They continued searching the property, including taking a police dog into the woods near the home.*Investigators wrapped up their search at the Southampton County property Friday afternoon.

Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell
    Shortly after she was reported missing, Norfolk police officials said they *did not believe foul play was involved in her disappearance.

Since then, her adoptive father, Wesley Hadsell, has been arrested and charged with breaking and entering,*obstruction of justice and weapons charges in relation to an incident that occurred in the days following AJ’s disappearance.

Wesley Hadsell, who *is being held in*the Norfolk City Jail, has maintained

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I wasn't expecting that. Does that mean somebody dumped her body after she OD'ed?

We've had a few cases like that around here lately.

ETA: Here is the full story about Stepdad's break in. He's a member of the Aryan brotherhood.
    http://hamptonroads.com/2015/05/hads...-moves-forward
    Last edited by bermstalker; 06-27-2015 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I wasn't expecting that. Does that mean somebody dumped her body after she OD'ed?

We've had a few cases like that around here lately.

ETA: Here is the full story about Stepdad's break in. He's a member of the Aryan brotherhood.
    http://hamptonroads.com/2015/05/hads...-moves-forward
    Yeah, I'd think it'd almost have to be the case that someone dumped her if she was found at the abandoned house and there was no sign of any kind of use of the property by anyone at all. A friend of mine od'd and then was dumped 2 different times at 2 different place last summer. After the police searched an area, the people then moved him from where ever they had him stashed the first time to the area that police had already searched

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Wow, I wasn't expecting that either. Sad.

Now....this is interesting. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Norfolk, Va. ? Norfolk Police have arrested Jennifer Hadsell, the mother of murdered teen Anjelica ?AJ? Hadsell. She?s accused of buying alcohol for a minor. We now know it was Jennifer?s ex-husband, Zach Hoffer, who filed that charge over the weekend.
    Hoffer is AJ?s former step-father and says he raised her until she was a teenager. Hoffer says he also shares custody of their two daughters.

The day investigators found AJ?s remains he spoke only with NewsChannel 3.

?It was a broken home by the time she was see 9 yeah so she was still loved very much so,? he told us.

In a text about Jennifer?s charge, Hoffer said: ?All I can say is I am doing this to protect my daughters and would not have done it if I didn?t strongly feel their wellbeing has been compromised.?

When we tried to speak with Jennifer, she wasn?t home. However, 18-year-old Andre Barr was. Barr is a friend of AJ?s and lives at the house.

Barr is specifically named in a previous search warrant about AJ?s disappearance. According to that document Barr told police AJ?s adoptive father Wesley Hadsell broke into a woman?s home while AJ was missing.

When we asked Barr if he could tell us more about this he said, ?I have a bad memory of that right now. I don?t think I really want to talk.?

Along with that burglary charge, Wesley faces several other felonies all connected to his AJ?s case.

He?s scheduled to be in court on Wednesday. As for his wife, Jennifer is facing a misdemeanor charge. No word on when she will face her day in court.

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/27/aj-hadsel...hol-for-minor/

And another confusing part

Norfolk, Va. ? For the first time since Anjelica ?AJ? Hadsell`s body was found, her adoptive father Wesley Hadsell spoke exclusively with NewsChannel 3 from behind bars.

Wesley Hadsell believes his own family is setting him up ? making it look like he murdered AJ.

We recently learned the 18-year-old died of acute heroin poisoning, but the circumstances surrounding her death are still undetermined.

Wesley has been in jail since March for charges connected to AJ?s disappearance, however he has not been charged in her death.

Click here for our full coverage of the AJ Hadsell story

Now he says he wants the truth to finally come out.

The interview lasted about two hours, and Wesley?s statements and emotions were all over the place.

One minute he seemed angry, the next he was crying.

He wanted to squash the rumors that he had anything to do with with his daughter?s death. When NewsChannel 3?s Marissa Jasek asked why he only wanted to speak with her, the conversation took a dramatic turn.

?My wife hates you and you will speak the truth,? says Hadsell.

The last time we spoke to his wife, Jennifer Hadsell, she screamed at our camera crews to leave.

?And that`s where we stand now. My family is broken. We are a family divided because there is so much information coming out, and there is just a bunch of coincidences. Everything`s a coincidence,? says Hadsell.

He brought up several coincidences including where he was the day after A.J. disappeared. He says he was working in Southampton County

That?s also where AJ?s body was found.

He also named specific people who he thinks is responsible for AJ?s disappearance and death.

But a lot of the conversation focused on his drug use ? and whether AJ had a drug problem.

Wesley shared new details about AJ?s final text messages to him ? messages he believes were sent by someone else.

?The text messages from Anjelica were saying that she used heroin two week prior to her disappearance. ?

?Wait a minute. What text messages??

?Oh you don`t know about those then. Anjelica texted us throughout the day of March 2nd after no one physically saw her after 2 pm I guess. Anjelica?s phone communicated with my phone and her mother?s phone. That`s why in the beginning I said that was not my daughter texting, someone had her phone. I can`t prove that, but that person texted us and came out in little bits and pieces that she had used heroin two weeks prior to her death.?

Wesley stood firm in his belief that AJ never had a drug problem ? but thinks someone tried to make it look like she did.

He admitted that he was using cocaine when AJ disappeared but he says he never used heroin.http://wtkr.com/2015/06/29/aj-hadsel...-someone-else/
    Last edited by bermstalker; 06-30-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Bullshark, Wes!

I still think he's lying like hell. I need to watch the new interview ... I think WTKR is supposed to air more of it this evening, including an interview with Wesley's mom.

I'm guessing his convoluted money story about the $200 has something to do with buying the drugs that killed her. It wouldn't surprise me if he got them for her. It wouldn't surprise me if he used them with her, either. I also still think his story about them "staring at each other" is when she was dead or dying.

There's been a shit ton of Twitter drama going on ...

AJ's mom: https://mobile.twitter.com/standup4Aj

Zach Hoffer (dad #2 who raised AJ most of her life): https://mobile.twitter.com/zadom

Drew Hadsell, who is Wesley's nephew, although they were referring to each other as "brothers" before. Don't think they're quite so chummy anymore: https://mobile.twitter.com/Drew_Savage92/media
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

whoa! Whole lotta drama on that twitter feed!

Yeah, Izzy, it's crazy. It's hard to keep up with, and I'm sure they've deleted some stuff, but I was watching it night before last, and AJ's mom and her ex-husband Zach were seriously going at it. I shoulda taken some screen shots. I'm usually pretty good about that.

I really don't know what possesses people to air their dirty laundry for the whole world to see.

And I kinda think that Drew dude (Wesley's nephew) is shady. He and Wes were thick as thieves when all this first started.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Yeah, Izzy, it's crazy. It's hard to keep up with, and I'm sure they've deleted some stuff, but I was watching it night before last, and AJ's mom and her ex-husband Zach were seriously going at it. I shoulda taken some screen shots. I'm usually pretty good about that.

I really don't know what possesses people to air their dirty laundry for the whole world to see.

And I kinda think that Drew dude (Wesley's nephew) is shady. He and Wes were thick as thieves when all this first started.
    I think the whole family is shady.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 07-01-2015 at 01:04 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    In Olivia's article it states that she died of Acute Heroin Poisoning, but stated that the manner of Death is undetermined. Considering the fact that her body was likely dumped, it's possible that it's still a homicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I don't know what to think about this story. There's so much drama thrown in that it's hard to wade through.

Taking away all the drama, I think AJ was doing drugs with a few people. She OD'ed accidentally on them. The people with her panicked and dumped her body. They knew if they called the police all of them would have been thrown in jail.

As it now stands in most states, people who dial 911, drop a friend off at a hospital, or otherwise try to get care for someone in the midst of a drug overdose are subject to prosecution for use, possession, or distribution.
    Two men in the Chicago suburbs didn’t want to call police for an overdosing friend and instead left him on a park bench, where he was found dead. Another man injected his pal with heroin and then left him in a bedroom after he started overdosing. After discovering the friend had died, the man helped dump his body in an alley. A woman in Washington stood by and did nothing for a 16-year-old pal even as the teen vomited, wet her pants, and suffered a seizure and eventually died after a night of partying. Two Utah residents dumped a friend’s body outdoors after refusing to call for help as she overdosed.

While there may be a variety of reasons why a person doesn’t call for medical attention while witnessing an overdose, research shows that people consistently list “fear of police involvement/fear of arrest” as the leading reason for failing to seek immediate help for someone thought to be overdosing, according to Ralston.
    http://www.newsweek.com/good-samarit...-victims-74625

i remember hearing about this law because of bon jovi's daughter. this article is from 2013 so more states have been added, but 12 out of 50 is sort of pathetic.

Legislative sponsors of the bill say New Jersey is now the 12th state to provide good Samaritan protections for those who report overdoses, and the 11th to give legal immunity to those who administer antidotes.
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...w-overdose-law
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/08/wesley-ha...ion-of-heroin/

Documents: Authorities believed Hadsell abducted AJ

Posssesion of heroin added to charges

(Oct. 8, 2015) Norfolk, Va.-Wesley Hadsell is now facing a new charge for possession of heroin, NewsChannel 3 has learned.

The charge was filed Wednesday.

Hadsell has been in jail for the last 8 months on charges that arose from the police investigation into the disappearance and death of his adopted daughter Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell.

"There's no question that they're looking at him under a microscope and they have been for a very long time," says Eric Korslund, Hadsell's attorney for the heroin charge.

Investigators have never publicly named Hadsell as a suspect, but new federal court filings reveal they believed Hadsell abducted AJ. The documents say for a week in March detectives conducted surveillance on him.

They watched Hadsell driving erratically, changing his clothes, at one point even wearing a mask to hide his face. The records say police used that as probable cause to then search Hadsell's hotel room.

We've known for a while federal agents found bullets -- last month he was charged with possession of ammunition as a felon. However, for the first time we're learning what else police found in his room that day.

"9 millimeter rounds, white socks, a game system, lap top, shoes paperwork and duct tape. No heroin is listed whatsoever," Korslund says.

Investigators also found suspected drug residue during a search. After formal analysis by the Virginia Division of Forensic Science, the substance was confirmed to be heroin. We still don't know where police discovered the heroin, only that they found it on the same day they searched Hadsell's hotel.

"I think this evidence applies to other individuals," Korslund says. "There was other individuals in this hotel room who may have had a motive to harm AJ who had a closer relationship than just her step dad. He's one piece of the puzzle."

AJ's remains were found in April behind an abandoned home in Southampton County. A Medical Examiner later determined that AJ died from acute heroin poisoning.

No suspects have been named in her death.

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/28/the-myste...hadsells-body/

The mystery behind the discovery of AJ Hadsell's body

(Oct. 28, 2015) Southampton County, Va. - Law-enforcement sources are telling NewsChannel 3 that investigators in April used tracking data stored inside a GPS taken from Wesley Hadsell's work van to find his adopted daughter's body.

Our sources said that when they examined that data, it led them directly to a house on Smiths Ferry Road in Southampton County. There, on April 9, Norfolk police and other agents assisting them found human remains later identified as those of Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell. She had been missing a month and was the subject of a massive search.

At the time, police declined to say what led them to that abandoned brick ranch near the North Carolina line, but now sources are revealing they essentially followed a trail stored in a GPS unit.

Those sources said the trail showed the GPS typically used by Wesley Hadsell indicates the unit traveled south on Smiths Ferry Road, past the abandoned house, and continued into North Carolina. There, according to the sources, the track shows the GPS unit turned around and traveled back into Virginia. The track took the GPS into the driveway of the house.

Wesley Hadsell has told NewsChannel 3 repeatedly he was familiar with that area of Southampton County because his work for a company called Quality Plumbing and Mechanical often took him there. But in an interview with NewsChannel 3's Marissa Jasek, he denied he had ever been to that house.

"It (his work van) would not be at that house, that's the whole thing," Hadsell told Jasek.

"So you were in the same county where her body was found the day after she disappeared?" Jasek asked Hadsell in an interview recorded while Hadsell was in the Norfolk jail.

"Correct," he responded.

"How do you think that looks?" Jasek asked.

"It leaves a lot of room for questioning," he responded. "I think it looks like a coincidence."

Hadsell's attorney, Eric Korsland says we shouldn't be too quick to convict. He says there's still too many questions.

"Who else has access to this work van," Korslund asks. "That raises another question as well. I mean its one thing if you have GPS on somebody`s cell phone because a cell phone could be identified to a particular person, but a work van belongs to a company and so there`s a lot of people that use this work van."

Law-enforcement sources also told NewsChannel 3 they have records and a video showing Hadsell bought gas not far from the abandoned house. The sources said the video shows Hadsell looking around nervously as he fueled his van. That video is mentioned briefly in a federal court filing by Hadsell's attorney, Keith Kimball. However, Kimball wrote the video depicts "nothing."

Before AJ's body was found, Norfolk police charged Hadsell with interfering in their investigation. Hadsell admitted he broke into a neighbor's house, where he told NewsChannel 3 he found AJ's college jacket. That neighbor told us police later questioned him about AJ's disappearance. He told investigators he had nothing to do with it and that he passed a lie-detector test.

Police later dropped Hadsell's state charges, but federal prosecutors indicted Hadsell for being a felon in possession of ammunition. Police said when they arrested Hadsell at a hotel, they found bullets in his room. A search of his cell phone later uncovered a video showing him and AJ at a Chesapeake shooting range in December, 2013.

Norfolk detectives have refused to talk about this case in public. But court filings make it clear they were investigating Hadsell for AJ's disappearance. A Norfolk police search-warrant, filed under seal, says police wanted to search Hadsell's hotel room. Under the crime they were investigating, they wrote, "murder," according to federal court filings. The medical examiner said AJ died of acute heroin poisoning. No one has been charged in her death.

Those federal court filings also show police seized and searched Wesley Hadsell's iPhone 6. The documents for that search have been sealed. But our sources say investigators were able to see that Hadsell's cell phone, and AJ's cell phone were together around the time she was last seen. The sources would not be more specific. From court filings, it appears AJ's phone wasn't used after she vanished. Hadsell has said he was not with AJ on March 2, the day she was last seen. Hadsell told Jasek in an interview he and his wife began receiving strange texts from AJ's cell phone that day, indicating she had been using heroin. Hadsell told us he believes someone else was sending those messages.

Hadsell has maintained he had nothing to do with AJ's disappearance or death, and that he is not guilty of the federal charges. However, a federal-court filing made public Thursday showed he will plead guilty to one of the charges of having ammunition.

NewsChannel 3 contacted the Norfolk Police Department for a comment to this story. Public affairs Officer Melinda Wray sent this statement:

"The Norfolk Police Department wants to ensure the public that Anjelica's case is both active and open. Norfolk detectives have been and will continue to pursue each and every lead presented. NPD remains committed to providing Anjelica and her family the justice they deserve, and the department's work is not complete until that day comes."

So it seems stepdad had something to do with AJ's death. I don't really get the abducted part tho. Couldn't she have just went with him?

My theory- They did drugs and AJ died. He dumped her body, then broke into that kid's house to plant the jacket there as "evidence"

There is so much evidence against him, but there is also other charges....so if they don't get him for her murder- they have him on enough that he's gonna do some serious time.

I can't see this seasoned criminal admitting to anything. Seems he has an excuse for everything.

As friends and family frantically searched for Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell in early March, her stepfather broke into the home of one friend.

He then told a group of AJ's friends that he was in a white supremacist gang and if anyone told police what he'd done, they could be "dealt with," according to testimony on Monday in General District Court.

Wesley Hadsell, the 18-year-old woman's stepfather, appeared on several charges stemming from that break-in.

A grand jury will consider four counts of obstructing justice and one count of possession of ammunition by a convicted felon. Two other charges - misdemeanor animal cruelty and felony burglary - were dismissed.

AJ Hadsell disappeared March 2. She was last seen at her parents' home in the Tarrallton area of Norfolk.

Police conducted a series of searches for her, and her remains were found April 9 near an abandoned house in Southampton County. No cause of death has been released.

Prosecutors have said that the March 6 break-in at the home of Reita Spilsbury, the mother of one of AJ Hadsell's friends, was committed by Wesley Hadsell because he was "seeking to impede" the investigation into her disappearance.

A lawyer for Hadsell has said he broke in because he believed his stepdaughter might have been in the house.

Joshua Campbell, AJ Hadsell's boyfriend, testified that during a conversation on March 5, Wesley Hadsell asked where Corey French lived, the layout of French's home and Campbell's opinion of him. French is Spilsbury's son, and Campbell and French knew one another.

Hadsell "asked if there was a security alarm," Campbell said. "I said I didn't notice any but I wasn't looking for one."

On March 6, Campbell testified, he got a call from Hadsell, who said he was at French's house and was "going to take a look."

Later that day, Campbell said, he got a text from Hadsell that read, "We have a problem."

Andre Barr, a friend of AJ Hadsell's who testified, said Wesley Hadsell told him he entered Spilsbury's house through a side door. Wesley Hadsell said he found a jacket he thought belonged to AJ under a sofa cushion and put it in plain sight. Wesley Hadsell told Barr to go to the house and confirm the jacket was there.

Barr said he went with a few friends to French's house and found the jacket on the back of the couch where Hadsell said it would be.

They called police and told them about the jacket.

They did not initially tell police that Hadsell had broken in.

After that, Campbell testified, Hadsell gathered several of his stepdaughter's friends. He

told them how he'd walked into the house through a side door and, when approached by the family dog, punched it on its head and knocked it out.

Hadsell told the group "It's all going to be OK," Barr said, and that

if anyone told police what he'd done they "could be dealt with." Hadsell also said he was a member of the Aryan Brotherhood.

Spilsbury testified that a side door was usually left unlocked. She said that she didn't notice anything the day Hadsell broke in. She only found out about it later, she said.

Detective David Benjamin testified Hadsell had a box of bullets on the table and another in a vent in a hotel room on the 1800 block of E. Norfolk Road.
    http://www.pilotonline.com/news/loca...42b3a4510.html

And this is an interview with the guy who's house the jacket was planted at.

No one has been arrested for her death, but we now know it wasn't just her adoptive father who was questioned by police. For the first time we're hearing from a man who says he was interrogated for hours and asked repeatedly if he killed AJ.

Corey French says Norfolk detectives interrogated him for more than 12 hours, asking him repeatedly if he had anything to do with AJ?s disappearance.

?As soon as I sat down they just bashed on me,? French says. ?They took my phone and screamed at me, yelled at me and accused me and all this other stuff. I was losing it. I didn`t know what was going on, I didn`t know what they were talking about.?

He says the interrogation happened back in March after French says he found a piece of her credit card in the street near his home. He says the two dated in middle school and stayed friends.

French spoke exclusively with NewsChannel 3 over the phone. He's now serving in the Army and stationed in Texas.

In Norfolk, French lived just around the block from AJ in the Tarrallton section of the city. He says he immediately told police he found her card, but after that says everything spun out of control.

?They just took me out of my home and went through everything and questioned me for hours and hours and hours,? he says.

When police searched his home, French says they found AJ's Longwood University softball jacket -- the jacket she was last seen wearing.

?They brought it in and they opened up the bag and pulled out her jacket and that`s when I lost it,? he says. ?I started crying I mean I had no idea that was in my house.?

Court records show AJ's adoptive father, Wesley Hadsell, broke into French?s house. He told me that's where he found the jacket before police searched the home.

?The whole truth with the jacket is that I did find the jacket, ok,? Hadsell said during a June jailhouse interview. ?It was in his couch cushion as has been testified in court was my story.?

However, police said finding the jacket didn't solve the crime. In fact, police didn't charge French, but instead arrested Hadsell for interfering in their investigation.

Those state charges against Hadsell were dropped a few weeks ago in favor of a federal charge for having ammunition as a felon.

French also says Hadsell harassed him.

He says he found a box with the words "We Know" scribbled on the inside lid of the box on his front porch.

He told NewsChannel 3 that there was a receipt in the box with the name Angelica Hadsell on it.

"He not only put fear in me, but he`s put fear into my wife and her parents and my mom and my brother and sister," says French.

"I swore in my heart that boy had something to do with my daughter's disappearance," said Hadsell.

Hadsell admitted to breaking into French's home and punching the family's 9-year-old St. Bernard.

"I think about what would`ve happened if I were there or if my mom was there or if somebody else was there when he was there,"says French.

"As a concerned father, I couldn't sit around and do nothing either so that's why they accused me of what I'm accused for. I've never hid that fact," says Hadsell.

Hadsell says he found the jacket AJ was last seen wearing in French's house.

"I was broken. He broke into my house, hit my dog, and could`ve put that jacket in my house and it pains me every time to think about that," says French.
    http://wtkr.com/2015/09/21/only-on-3...urs-by-police/

Thread Information