Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Four people died when a gunman opened fire at a Waffle House in Tennessee

Four people died when a gunman opened fire at a Waffle House in Tennessee

Last edited by Olivia; 04-28-2018 at 02:43 AM.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ter/540061002/

Here is one of the people who stopped the mass shooting from getting more victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

A woman I work with is good friends with one of the victims. It's so sad. People around here are panicking. They're pissed that schools aren't being called off and a lot aren't going to send their kids to school until he's caught. I live just north of Nashville, and it's been a crazy day. Hope they find him.
    Why?

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/wh...ooting-suspect

Newschannel5 has released the background and History of the Mass shooter.

Last edited by Music; 04-22-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    Why?

Not much to see, but here's the shooter's FB.

https://www.facebook.com/travis.reinking.7
    Why?

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworl...422-story.html

An Update

Months before Travis Reinking became the target of a manhunt in Tennessee for a shooting rampage that killed four people, he tried to go to the White House to meet with President Donald Trump.

Reinking, federal officials say, tried to cross a security barrier at the White House complex — an incident that resulted in his arrest and later led to the confiscation of his guns and revocation of his firearms license in his home state of Illinois. But the four weapons would end up back in Reinking’s possession after authorities returned them to his father, officials said.

Early Sunday morning, armed with one of those weapons, an AR-15-style semi-automatic rifle — and wearing nothing but a green jacket — Reinking, 29, opened fire at a Waffle House restaurant in Nashville, police said. Four people were killed and four others were injured. The suspect, wanted for murder and feared to be armed, has not been found.

Nashville police Chief Steve Anderson said there was no clear motive, though Reinking, who is originally from Morton, Ill., and moved to the Nashville area last fall, may have “mental issues.”

http://www.wsmv.com/story/38014596/m...tioch-shooting

Update for Nashville area schools

ANTIOCH, TN (WSMV) -

A spokesperson with Metro Nashville Public Schools has confirmed that schools will remain open tomorrow despite the shooting at the Antioch Waffle House early Sunday morning.

Olivia Brown with MNPS said all school buildings in the search area have been cleared and checked this afternoon, and they will continue sweeps into the night.

Monday, there will be an increased security presence at MNPS schools. There will be no changes in bus routes or pickup locations.

There will be a lockout during school hours Monday. This means that students will be able to move freely within the school building as usual, but guests or visitors will not be allowed in the school.

Parents who wish to pick up their child early must send a note with their student or call ahead. Parents who do not send a note or call ahead will not be allowed in the school buildings.

http://www.keyt.com/news/national-wo...year/733082037

https://www.bustle.com/p/what-are-th...ophole-8863330

Now Tennessee's Gun Laws are in the national Spotlight.

(CNN) - Residents of Antioch, Tennessee, awoke Sunday to find their neighborhood was back in the headlines, after a barely-clothed gunman opened fire at a Waffle House, killing four people.

Sunday's shooting happened almost 7 months after a gunman entered an Antioch church with two pistols. On September 24, 2017, Emanuel Samson began firing indiscriminately inside the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ, killing one churchgoer and wounding 7 others.

The sites of both shootings are just 2 miles down the road from each other.

Antioch is a neighborhood in Davidson County governed by the city of Nashville.

"Tragedies like today shouldn't happen," said Nashville Mayor David Briley in a press conference Sunday afternoon. "It's been only 7 months since we had another mass shooting here in Nashville and that is far too frequent."

Authorities are still searching for 29-year-old Travis Reinking of Morton, Illinois, who is wanted for the shooting at the Waffle House.

Antioch residents had another scare in August 2015, when a 29-year-old man wielding a hatchet and pepper spray went after moviegoers at a showing of "Mad Max: Fury Road." Of the eight people in the theater, three were pepper sprayed by the assailant.
    Early on Sunday morning, a gunman opened fire at a Waffle House near Nashville, killing at least four people. And as the nation watches the latest mass shooting unfold, the question of what the gun laws in Tennessee are invariably comes to mind.

According to the gun control advocate group Giffords Law Center, Tennessee has several key regulations in place, though by and large the state's firearms laws are rather lenient. Among the preventative measures in place, Tennessee law requires licensed firearms dealers to submit background checks on all gun purchasers. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation tacks a $10 fee to gun purchases in order to cover that cost.

The state also bans certain groups of people from purchasing guns in the state. Among those prohibited are those convicted of domestic violence charges, people convicted of a felony that placed them in prison for longer than one year, and individuals known to be addicted to drugs or alcohol.

While Tennessee's laws provide for a handful of gun violence prevention measures, there are also several key loopholes. Tennessee gun laws are largely concerned with how the gun in question is obtained. Virtually any legal adult in clean legal standing may possess a gun, though there are age restrictions that dictate who may sell or loan a gun to whom, depending on how old the person receiving the gun is. Licensed dealers are prohibited from selling handguns to anyone under 21, and from selling rifles and shotguns to anyone under 18.

However, these laws can be easily circumvented. Giffords reports that, while licensed firearms dealers are required to initiate background checks, that is not the case in private sales. This is what is often referred to as the gun show loophole, and it also applies to individuals between the ages of 18 and 21 who want to buy a handgun.

In Tennessee, there is no mandatory waiting period for purchasing guns, and dealers are not required to have a state license. Those interested in purchasing a gun in Tennessee are also not required to obtain a permit first. Carry permits are required for handguns, however, regardless of age. (No permit to carry is required for shotguns and rifles.)

Lawful gun owners are also allowed to keep loaded firearms in their personal vehicles, regardless of whether they have a handgun-carry permit. This allowance became law in the summer of 2014, according to the The Chattanooga Times Free Press. Before the law, those without carry permits were only allowed to keep unloaded firearms in their cars.

When it comes to self-defense, the Tennessee is considered a "stand your ground" state. If a legal gun owner feels that his or her life is in immediate danger, or else that serious injury may occur, that person is allowed to use their gun for personal protection. Tennessee law does not require that gun owner to be in his or her own home for the self-defense law to apply, either. As long as gun owners are legally allowed to be wherever they are when they feel threatened, they are also permitted to "stand their ground" and shoot at whoever they feel is threatening them. They are not required to attempt to retreat before firing.

Wow! I haven't heard or seen anything on this until now. They probably will charge the dad. They should in my opinion.
    Jenn

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Nothing to see here. Just another white terrorist shooting up people of color. Pass the Burger King.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fle-House.html

Restaurant worker Taurean C. Sanderlin, 29, and 20-year-old customer Joe R. Perez were among
    the four shot dead by a gunman at a Nashville Waffle House on Sunday

Deebony Groves, 21, and Akilah Dasilva, 23, were also killed when the gunman stormed in and opened fire with an assault rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Nothing to see here. Just another white terrorist shooting up people of color. Pass the Burger King.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fle-House.html

Restaurant worker Taurean C. Sanderlin, 29, and 20-year-old customer Joe R. Perez were among
    the four shot dead by a gunman at a Nashville Waffle House on Sunday

Deebony Groves, 21, and Akilah Dasilva, 23, were also killed when the gunman stormed in and opened fire with an assault rifle
    You know he can't be a terrorist if he is white, Ron. It's impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    You know he can't be a terrorist if he is white, Ron. It's impossible!
    https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/us/so...ten/index.html

Come on here its us that wish that Travis Reinking got the same treatment in Prison that Dylann Roof got a few years ago.

But its off topic for now.

http://abc7chicago.com/search-contin...oting/3381353/

Back to the thread here is an update on Day 2 of the manhunt.

Would rather have more articles like this and less of the piece of shit shooter. This dude is a straight up hero!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...5-away-n868291

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    From Kambing's link above:https://www.newschannel5.com/news/wh...ooting-suspect

So, then I assume dear old dad will be prosecuted for murder?
    THIS. THIS THIS THIS. I'm tired of these irresponsible fuckwits getting away with this crap. In my opinion he conspired to commit murder.

Also, I can't help but notice that all of the victims are POC. I'm wondering if he targeted them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

How is he still out there? I guess he's found clothing by now.

He was found right down the fucking street from the WH. Holy shit.
    Why?

MNPD is going live with an update.

https://www.facebook.com/foxnashvill...f_t=live_video
    Why?

Good thing he didn't have a cell phone with him or he wouldn't be alive.

Oh wait, he is white so never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/us/so...ten/index.html

Come on here its us that wish that Travis Reinking got the same treatment in Prison that Dylann Roof got a few years ago.

But its off topic for now.
    What?

http://www.wsmv.com/story/38022796/a...hes-a-sick-boy

An Update

The grandmother of Travis Reinking, charged in Sunday’s deadly Waffle House massacre, said the man the nation has seen is not the grandson she knows.

“It's not him. He is a sick boy," said Marilyn Hopper.

Hopper is among the family members listen in arrest records who spoke with police in Illinois, starting in 2016, growing ever concerned about Reinking’s behavior.

After Sunday’s shootings that killed four people and wounded four others, Hopper said she’s devastated.

“My heart goes out to those people who have loved ones they've lost. I've lost two children myself and I know what that feels like. My heart really does go out to them. But you know, we have a side too," Hopper said by phone.

It’s a side that’s growing ever complicated.

On May 27, 2016, Hopper joined Reinking’s parents, Jeff and Judith Reinking, in expressing their concern to police that Reinking believed Taylor Swift was harassing and stalking him.

In the police report, Hopper and Reinking’s parents warned police that he had access to firearms at his residence.

And in June 2017, Jeff Reinking told police that he took three rifles and a handgun away from his son after his son experienced “problems.”

Yet police believe Jeff Reinking ultimately gave weapons back to his son.

When Reinking was stopped trying to enter the White House in July 2017, Illinois state investigators took away four of his weapons.

Police believe his father gave them back, after promising to keep them away from Reinking.

ATF agent Marcus Watson said Jeff Reinking could be charged.

“It is possible. If you transfer weapons to a person knowingly who is prohibited, it could potentially be a violation of federal law,” Watson said.

The News4 I-Team repeatedly tried to reach Jeff Reinking today by phone without success.

With her grandson now charged in the nation’s latest deadly shooting, all Hopper can do is offer her remorse.

“I'm just so sorry for those people and their loss and my heart goes out to them," Hopper said.

Could they charge the father with accessory or something?
    Why?

Thread Information