Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ahmed Al-Jumaili (36), shot while photographing his first snowfall

Ahmed Al-Jumaili (36), shot while photographing his first snowfall

A man who just recently moved to Dallas from Iraq was shot dead as he was taking photos of the first snowfall he had ever seen, police said.

Authorities are investigating the death of Ahmed Al-Jumaili, 36, who was killed in the parking lot of an apartment complex late Wednesday night.

Al-Jumaili only moved to America three weeks ago, according to a fundraising page set up by friends.

The Dallas Police Department said that the shooting took place at 11:40 p.m., when Al-Jumaili and his wife were taking photos of the snow. He was transported to a nearby hospital, where he died.

According to ABC affiliate WFAA, witnesses told police that a group of men randomly started firing a gun and some nearby cars were also hit.

Crimestoppers offered $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest.

The fundraising appeal tells the love story of Al-Jumaili and his wife, Zahara, who got married 16 months ago. At the time, they lived in Iraq -- but Zahara made the ?painful? decision to move to America and live with her relatives in ?what she believed to be a safer place,? the site said.

Less than a month ago, the site added, Al-Jumaili, who stayed in Iraq ?to continue working and save finances? reunited with his wife in Dallas.

?It is heartbreaking to know that Zahara won't get to experience life's milestones with her Ahmed. Hard to believe that their time together, as husband and wife, started just 16 months ago, and has now tragically ended so suddenly,? the fundraising site said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/man-taking-pho...opstories.html

So, random shooting?

I hate humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

So much for the "American Dream". RIP, Ahmed.

Who takes pics of the snow at 11:40 at night? I'm not saying he deserved this in any way, I just find it odd.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

he reminds me of vote for pedro.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Who takes pics of the snow at 11:40 at night? I'm not saying he deserved this in any way, I just find it odd.
    people seeing snow for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAndy View Post
    people seeing snow for the first time.
    Yep. Plus, he's a grown ass man, he can take pictures of snow whenever he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Yep. Plus, he's a grown ass man, he can take pictures of snow whenever he likes.
    I know that. What I'm trying to say is that this shooting didn't happen in broad day light.

Me thinks this guy could have been mistaken for someone else because it was dark.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I know that. What I'm trying to say is that this shooting didn't happen in broad day light.

Me thinks this guy could have been mistaken for someone else because it was dark.
    Sure, maybe. That doesn't change anything, though.

This article makes it a much sadder story

Iraqi newlywed, 36, who was shot dead in Dallas while photographing his first snowfall had arrived just three weeks earlier after saving up for a year

The Iraqi man who was shot dead in Dallas while photographing his first ever snowfall had arrived just three weeks prior after saving up for a year, his devastated family has revealed.

Ahmed Al-Jumaili, 36, was fatally shot as he played in the snow with his wife and brother-in-law at their apartment complex last Wednesday. Police have not yet arrested any suspects.

Al-Jumaili had married his wife Zahraa Altaie just a month before she left Iraq for Texas and Al-Jumaili had saved for more than a year to be able to afford to join her, CBS News reported.

Fearful of terrorist activity in their country, he worked hard providing Internet connections to Iraqi homes so he could head to America, according to his father-in-law Mohammed Altaae.

His wife had moved to the Dallas area to be near family members and her husband joined her just 20 days before he was murdered. He had a car and was looking for a job, his father-in-law said.

'For a young man and a young woman, oh God, so many dreams together,' Altaae told CBS. 'They wanted to have children and educate them well. It was the dreams of young people.

'We're looking for safe place... What he got was a bullet in his heart.'

Authorities have released surveillance footage showing four men in their 20s walking from the complex on Wednesday but so far no arrests have been made.

Police do not yet know if Al-Jumaili was targeted or was the victim of random gunfire.

Dallas police Major Jeff Cotner said two of the four wanted men were armed and, without exchanging any words with the group, fired bullets across the complex.

Alia Salem, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) in the Dallas and Fort Worth area, explained in an account on Facebook that Al-Jumaili had taken cover behind a pickup truck when the men opened fire - but a bullet pierced the truck and struck him.

Al-Jumaili was shot in the chest and rushed to hospital, where he passed away the following day.

'There was nothing said to Ahmed or his wife and her brother by the perpetrators in advance of the shots,' Salem wrote. 'Including no verbal insults or derogatory slurs.'

In security footage that captured the men, one appears to be carrying a firearm by his side.

They are seen running separately through the snow.

Cotner told CBS that while it does not appear the shooting was a hate crime, it is a possibility they are investigating, among others.

A LaunchGood fundraising page explains Al-Jumaili and Zahara married just 16 months ago, and planned to move to the U.S., seeking refuge from the Islamic State.

The neighborhood where Al-Jumaili was killed has a large immigration population and northern Dallas is home to a large number of Iraqi refugees.

The fundraiser has raised more than $29,000 toward Al-Jumaili's memorial and family fund.

North Texas Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of $5,000 for information leading to an arrest or indictment.

Salem said the Council on American-Islamic Relations has raised an additional $7,000 reward for information to help in the investigation into the killing.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ving-year.html

His wife:

Awesome. He was fearful of violence in his own country so he came here to get shot in 'Merica.
    I hate this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Awesome. He was fearful of violence in his own country so he came here to get shot in 'Merica.
    I hate this planet.
    Yeah, this makes me want to give up on humans

Hey, I am going to edit this title so it's correct because otherwise it just says this guy moved to Dallas which...congrats?

I know you take your titles from articles but just check in real fast with the MDS guide for thread titles! Only put the most vital information. Thanks!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I hate this planet.
    Typical.

But everyone knows that America is a first world country without the kind of violence you see in the Middle East.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I hate this planet.
    This is the kind of shit that'll make me unable to sleep at night, it just makes me . Poor guy. All the way from Iraq to the US with his beautiful wife to start a new life and he gets gunned down just as his new life was beginning.

People fucking suck.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

They look so happy in those pictures...great job assholes. You shot a man who had nothing to do with you.

His poor wife, my heart breaks for her :(

For fucksakes. RIP Ahmed.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

I will be very surprised if this was not a hate crime. Maybe I'm just jaded.

Look at that poster she made.

I could post eight million and it still wouldn't be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I get what you're saying...ignore juju lol

Like, why take the pictures at night instead of the day for the daylight. maybe it had just started snowing around that time.

so sad, especially the poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

It had started snowing at that time.

Boy, 17, charged in shooting death of Iraqi man in Dallas

DALLAS - Dallas police say a 17-year-old has been charged with murder in the fatal shooting of an Iraqi man as he took photos of his first snowfall.

Maj. Jeff Cotner said Friday that police do not believe the suspect, Nykerion Nealon, knew Ahmed Al-Jumaili, or his ethnicity. Al-Jumaili was shot the night of March 4 outside his Dallas apartment and died the next day.
    Cotner says Nealon told police he had been hunting for people he thought had shot at his girlfriend's nearby apartment complex earlier in the evening.

Police are investigating whether gang activity was involved.

CBS DFW reports that on March 10 a witness provided authorities with Nealon's name as a possible suspect in the shooting of Al-Jumaili.

Nealon denied any involvement and told police he never left his apartment that night following the shooting at his girlfriend's apartment complex, reports the station.

DALLAS COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
    Nealon and the witness later gave conflicting statements to police and Nealon blamed the witness for the shooting, according to the station.
    The 36-year-old Al-Jumaili fled violence in his homeland and had been in Dallas for just three weeks when he was killed.

"He had a car and was trying to find a decent job to start his life," Mohammed Altaie, Al-Jumaili's father-in-law, told CBS DFW. "We're looking for safe place. Well-educated, in a good environment. What he got was a bullet in his heart."

The teen is being held at the Dallas County jail.

An online fundraising effort to benefit Al-Jumaili's family has raised more than $30,000 by late Friday.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/boy-17-c...man-in-dallas/

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    At least they caught the Fucker.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information