Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Roecker - missing since 19 January 2015 - sent family a suicide note and photos of headstones

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I am pretty sure this is her FB - https://www.facebook.com/sarah.roecker.9

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Find...ecker/?fref=ts

Officers are looking for a Beaverton woman after family members reported her missing on Monday.

Sarah Roecker?s cell phone was last linked to a tower outside of Gresham, but has since been turned off. There has been no activity on the 52-year-old?s bank accounts, police said.

Beaverton Police said she could be in danger, as she left a lengthy suicide note behind and sent family members several text messages with photos of headstones.

Roecker was last seen leaving her apartment overnight Sunday. She should be driving her maroon 2008 Honda Civic with Oregon Crater Lake plates CL04462.

Family members say Roecker is about 5-foot 2-inches tall, 190 pounds with brown hair and eyes.

If you have seen her, please call investigators at (503) 629-0111.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Have-...289183731.html
    I read somewhere that they found her car, but I can't find the info again.
    Okay, found it on the FB group

2/27
    I know many of you have been wondering about the progress of the search for Sarah. Here is what we know from the professionals.
    The area where Sarah?s car was found has been thoroughly searched by the Sheriff and SAR teams many times, both nearby and more than a mile in each direction. The probable/possible places have been thoroughly covered. She is not in a place that is accessible via visual inspection or k9 nose. Before another search happens, they need to figure out where else she possibly could be. She could have made it to the river and now be way down stream. She could have covered herself up in forest debris. She could be on the very VERY steep slope leading down to the river. She could have walked and walked further than ANYONE imagined.
    Just because there aren't "official" searches doesn't mean that she has been forgotten. There are weather conditions that need to be just right for actual searches to take place. This includes temperature at the search site, precipitation and winds. The search site does not have the same weather we have here in the Portland area. The search teams conduct strategical meetings behind the scenes and discuss things that are not shared publicly. They have been keeping an eye on the weather and the winds?neither which are favorable this time of year, but when they are, they expect to actively search.
    We have information about the Sheriff and SAR teams who are coordinating these searches. These people are compassionate, hardworking and good people who are dedicated and deeply care about finding Sarah. They are taking steps daily and are committed to this search until Sarah is found.
    Typically, if someone is accessible the K9 units would have picked up the scent. Again, this points to Sarah being in a place that is not easily accessible. They have reviewed and reviewed the areas covered and keep working on where to search next.
    The Sheriff and SAR teams understand and feel our need to bring Sarah home?and in many ways they personally feel the families pain!
    The Sheriffs office cautions the non-professionals. They understand our need to find Sarah. The terrain they are searching is extremely remote and very treacherous. And, in all likelihood a non-professional entering the woods untrained/unprepared will result in someone getting hurt, lost or possibly losing their own life. This is a GREAT concern to the family.
    The family is very thankful for your continued support and love!!!
    They encourage you all to please continue to send prayers and inspirational posts. Please share the happy stories, pictures and moments you've shared with Sarah.
    Also, please keep the Sheriff and SAR teams in your prayers as they work hard in bringing Sarah home.

One last thing Boom. Here are all my posts. Please tell me what part of them were sadistic, demeaning etc. All I did was post PUBLIC information and attempted to start a conversation.

you are basically looking for a needle in a haystack if she took her life in those woods. Between the weather and the animals. take the $500.00 and get counseling. This thread was long dead after 2 or 3 posts and you are now making it a 2 or 3 page debate. Go grieve for your friend and stop turning her decision to end her life on her terms as a personal offense to you. She had her reason, she was an adult and if she so choose to leave this World, be happy you got a 13 page letter. Many loved ones get nothing and will never know what happened. She gave you closure. All that's left now are bones. That is not Sarah. Sarah is in the lives she touched and the life she lived.

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Oh I'm reading and hearing what is said..but what is it that so interesting that you post her info here to discuss?

And I just checked and see that I have been removed from the group. So good luck with your search.

ETA - all the posts are available for anyone with a facebook account to see, so if you want to keep your secrets, I suggest you change the group's privacy settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    Oh I'm reading and hearing what is said..but what is it that so interesting that you post her info here to discuss?
    Maybe because Olivia is showing us here that someone's dead body has not been located and her family and friends need a body for closure. Maybe someone here lives in the area and passed a dead body on a trail last week, or last month, and was like "well, I don't know anyone in this area missing a body, so I'll leave it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Boom,
    Take a deep breath.
    Try to read the words I'm actually typing and try not to read into it.
    Missing people, dead or alive, deserve to be found. The best way to find these ppl is to get their name, face and story out. When those people become real to others is when others pay attention, when others (who do not know them) pay attention then pressure is on law enforcement and they work harder. It also brings in more people to search- divers if need be, hikers, and more.
    It will bring in money and money is *always* important to a search. Money prints fliers, money pays for gas, money can get a billboard. Money helps spread the word.
    Websites like this do too, because if it wasn't for Oliva's post I'd not know about your Sarah. And while I do not live in your area a friend of mine does and she and her husband camp. Now they know- because of me- because of this website- because of Olivia.
    Take another deep breath.
    I'm not attacking you. Not at all. This is emotional.
    Its hard, harder than I hope to ever understand.
    Suicide isn't something ot be hidden, its not shameful. Society has taught us that wrongly. Suicide happens for various reasons and some of those simply can't be prevented if suicide isn't talked about.
    I urge you to consider getting her name and face out there as much as you can. She deserves to be found and you guys deserve peace. There is no shame in this.

Because we are the crazy ass ppl in this world that give a fuck.
    Empathy is a real bitch sometimes.

Seriously, that's why. She posted it because she cared. It wasn't nefarious.

Sarahs story isn't a secret and never has been...but unfortunately people use these types of situations for their morbid entertainment....

Thanks Defy...you honestly have some try compassion and understanding!

Thanks Defy...you honestly have some true compassion and understanding!

Sarahs story isn't a secret and never has been...but unfortunately people use these types of situations for their morbid entertainment....
    No. Boom, you are mistaken.
    Do you watch the news for morbid entertainment? You watch the news to find out what is going on, and often times you feel for those ppl because they are fellow humans.
    While the name of this site is a tad morbid, I'll give you that....
    ppl here give a shit unlike most commenters on the newsites.
    We don't just read a story and move on, we talk about it, think about it. That takes effort. Its not in one ear and out the other.
    Sarah Roecker didn't go in one ear and out the other here because her situation was discussed. Her situation was remembered and that is needed right now.

You have a way with words Defy...we all should learn from it

Maybe Ivia should consider changing the name...it is morbid

You got me!

👍👍

You got me!

wow! it's a christmas miracle!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

It's not morbid, it's factual.

I just wanted to take a moment to say that my family has lost several wonderful people to suicide. I also very recently lost a young friend. I think it's the hardest manner of death to deal with because it's the one that leaves us with so many questions and sometimes guilt, wondering if we could have made a difference. I'm sorry that you and those close to her are dealing with that pain. I wish you guys the best and hope you can have closure soon in being able to put her to rest properly.

Thank you

How many people in this thread have lost a family member to suicide?

How many people in this thread have lost a family member to suicide?
    There's a thread for discussing suicide and suicide survivors on this site.

I was asking the people in this thread...Im not interested in searching out a thread or other people. It's just a question.

I'm asking because Defy mentioned you were discussing her situation. So if there are any aspect of the situation I can help to explain it might be useful to those on the thread...clear up questions or thoughts. Maybe fill in details you don't know.

I was asking the people in this thread...Im not interested in searching out a thread or other people. It's just a question.
    There is no need for any of the attitude or hostility you're conveying.

The way this site works is that we try to maintain conversations about deaths to being about the subject at hand, and we create other threads for people to share their personal experiences. Many of them exist for premium members because people do not wish to share this type of thing in a public website.

Thread Information