Thread: Police shoot dead man on NSW Central Coast

Police shoot dead man on NSW Central Coast

This is just streets away from me. Been hearing sirens all morning
    http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-0...ooting/6271860

Police have shot dead a man on the New South Wales Central Coast, prompting a critical incident investigation.

It is understood officers were called to a home on Bangalow Street in Ettalong Beach after reports of a domestic dispute about 8.30am on Sunday.

A 45-year-old man was shot in the chest after a confrontation with officers.

He was treated by paramedics at the scene and taken to Gosford Hospital in a critical condition, but he died a short time later.

NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione said there would be a full investigation.

"A crime scene has been established and further details are expected later today," he said.

A critical incident team from the homicide squad is investigating all the circumstances around the incident.

Critical incident investigations are called when police may be involved in a death.

The investigation will be overseen by the police Professional Standards Command.

The way that header reads, I thought they had actually shot an already dead guy.

They didn't.

Now I'm sad for me.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Damn and here I thought it was the beginning of the zoombie outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    The way that header reads, I thought they had actually shot an already dead guy.

They didn't.

Now I'm sad for me.
    Another stupid head line, I shouldn't cut and paste lol sorry to disappoint

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/newsl...-1227244051190
    Witnesses say police had no chance to warn before shooting dead man at Ettalong Beach
    A MAN fatally shot by police on the Central Coast lunged at them with a knife so quickly they had no chance to issue a warning before opening fire, according to a witness.

An investigation will continue today after a “very experienced” senior constable shot a 45-year-old man involved in a violent domestic dispute outside a house at Ettalong Beach early yesterday.

The officer was one of three policemen called to the Bangalow St house after a woman ran screaming from the property after 8am.Neaby resident Shailon Elliott said he saw the police walk towards the front door, with their guns still in their holsters, “but they didn’t get as far as the door to knock”.

“He pulled the door open and police didn’t even have a chance to say: ‘Get down on the ground’ or anything,” Mr Elliott said.

“He’s come flying out and by the time he’s got to the end (of a small concrete veranda) they’ve shot him.”

Mr Elliott said the man had a blade, which looked to him like a large steak knife, raised and ready to attack police.

One of the officers quickly drew his weapon and fired a single shot at very close range towards the man’s chest.“He (the man with the knife who had been shot) went straight down into a kind of folded position, curled up,” Mr Elliott said.

“The cop has put his knee on him and said: ‘Stop moving’, and they were trying to put pressure on it (the wound). None of them pulled out a Taser or mace.”

Northern Region commander Assistant Commissioner Jeff Loy said all three officers on scene when the shooting took place were “very experienced”.
    All I can give at this stage is that there was a confrontation that led to the discharge of a firearm,” he said.

Comm Loy said there was no protocol requiring officers to first fire a Taser before using their service pistols.

It is understood the shooting victim attacked his partner prior to police arriving.

Thread Information