Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Megan Nichols (16) was found dead more than three years after she went missing

It all gives me the willies that's for sure. I feel if I talk about it, it might help find her. I've shared this story in various forums to maybe gain knowledge. Not because I have nothing better to do. I feel a strong connection that cannot be explained or substantiated. Discernment, my encounter, with them, and the stars is all I have to work with. My family thinks I'm nutters and I should hang it up. I can't let it go. She's out there somewhere and someone or someone's aren't being completely honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaia View Post
    It all gives me the willies that's for sure. I feel if I talk about it, it might help find her. I've shared this story in various forums to maybe gain knowledge. Not because I have nothing better to do. I feel a strong connection that cannot be explained or substantiated. Discernment, my encounter, with them, and the stars is all I have to work with. My family thinks I'm nutters and I should hang it up. I can't let it go. She's out there somewhere and someone or someone's aren't being completely honest.
    You have to understand that all the information you have provided (seeing her at a restaurant years ago and whatever else you said, I dont feel like reading back) is not a lot to go on. We are not armchair detectives here that try and solve cases. That's law enforcement's job. If you feel you have info that could help find her then go to the police with said info.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Law enforcement have been informed. MULTIPLE times. MULTIPLE agencies.

Law enforcement have been informed. MULTIPLE times. MULTIPLE agencies.
    Well then there isn't much else you can do. I have had certain cases I was drawn to, and after taking a step back from the situation, realized that I had an unhealthy fascination with them.

I believe your story. I know you want to help this poor girl, and it sucks to be powerless in the situation, but you did everything you could.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Does anyone have any further information regarding her fathers conviction? It occurred in 1998 so around the same time Megan was born. He would have been around 19 years old and the only info I could find was that the victim was aged between 13 and 17 so I was wondering if it was a case of an underage girlfriend or something more sinister.

Of course it could be totally irrelevent but it seems to get mentioned in almost every article about Megan so I thought some clarification might be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by hazydaze View Post
    Does anyone have any further information regarding her fathers conviction? It occurred in 1998 so around the same time Megan was born. He would have been around 19 years old and the only info I could find was that the victim was aged between 13 and 17 so I was wondering if it was a case of an underage girlfriend or something more sinister.

Of course it could be totally irrelevent but it seems to get mentioned in almost every article about Megan so I thought some clarification might be helpful.
    That's more than what I knew about that.

The pic in question was presumably one from them meeting in maybe her middle school years, but I don't know because like I said, I do not know these people!
    So again, SURELY someone saved it?? Does it not exist anymore? It's keeps being mentioned but I can't find it anywhere & no-one's linking. So was it something someone claimed to see years ago before it's importance was realised & now people who never actually saw it are repeating the story third & fourth hand?

Or was it personally seen AFTER Megan disappeared by the people posting about it? Because if that's the case it's importance should've been obvious. No-one talking about the pic knew Megan or her mum or dad until after the disappearance, so the only reason for even being on his page was finding Megan. How could no-one have saved such an important detail?

& if no-one has saved that pic, given Megan's very strong similarities to her dad, are we sure it wasn't just her dad with a younger member of his extended family? Like the daughter of a sibling or cousin - or even another daughter of his own?

Because if, as has now been said, it was a much younger Megan in that pic, we're to believe that at maybe as young as 10 or 11, this obedient, sheltered child who has no contacts outside her church community, managed to secretly arrange & attend a meeting with her estranged father without anyone noticing her absence?

I don't know. I'd like some definite verification of this photo. It's all getting a bit Secret Seven-ish. & I know sometimes it really does get that way, but it's usually sourced & linked when it happens.

ETA & that's interesting re the sexual assault history for her bio dad. I know you can't always tell from just photos but I totally did NOT get a creep vibe from the guy AT ALL. I got an "annoying comedian" vibe from him & for sure some of his jokes sucked but sme of them were so fucking brilliant that I couldn't help but like the guy a bit.

Having seen what hazy dug up on the charges I'll be really surprised if this wasn't a case of a very similarly-aged girlfriend whose parents were pissed off with the relationship - maybe Megan's maternal grandparents, maybe someone pissed off he was seeing a new girlfriend after Megan was born.

Either way, he was still a teenager & the age of consent is 16 where I'm from, so I'm now even less suss of dad having done something terrible. Poor guy's probably been hounded for nothing.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-21-2015 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    So again, SURELY someone saved it?? Does it not exist anymore? It's keeps being mentioned but I can't find it anywhere & no-one's linking. So was it something someone claimed to see years ago before it's importance was realised & now everyone's repeating the story third & fourth hand?

Or was it actually seen AFTER Megan disappeared by the people posting about it? Because if that's the case it's importance should've been obvious ie no-one talking about the pic knew Megan or her mum or dad until after the disappearance so the only reason for even being on his page was finding Megan. How could no-one have saved such an important detail?

& if no-one has saved that pic, given Megan's very strong similarities to her dad, are we sure it wasn't just her dad with a younger member of his extended family? Like the daughter of a sibling or cousin - or even another daughter of his own?

Because if, as has now been said, it was a much younger Megan in that pic, we're to believe that at maybe as young as 10 or 11, this obedient, sheltered child who has no contacts outside her church community, managed to secretly arrange & attend a meeting with her estranged father without anyone noticing her absence?

I don't know. I'd like some definite verification of this photo. It's all getting a bit Secret Seven-ish. & I know sometimes it really does get that way, but it's usually sourced & linked when it happens.

ETA & that's interesting re the sexual assault history for her bio dad. I know you can't always tell from just photos but I totally did NOT get a creep vibe from the guy AT ALL. I got an "annoying comedian" vibe from him & for sure some of his jokes sucked but sme of them were so fucking brilliant that I couldn't help but like the guy a bit.

Having seen what hazy dug up on the charges I'll be really surprised if this wasn't a case of a very similarly-aged girlfriend whose parents were pissed off with the relationship - maybe Megan's maternal grandparents, maybe someone pissed off he was seeing a new girlfriend after Megan was born.

Either way, he was still a teenager & the age of consent is 16 where I'm from, so I'm now even less suss of dad having done something terrible. Poor guy's probably been hounded for nothing.
    The photo was from the one time law enforcement and mother knows that they met.
    The photo has nothing to do with why she is missing.
    It is the same photo used in one of her missing flyers, just the father is cropped out of it.

I believe you Gaia, for what it's worth. I'm guessing the authorities are thinking like some of these posters. Even though LE says they've spoken to the bio-dad, that doesn't mean they're not still watching him. Maybe your info will be useful in the future.

What happened to Hamdinger who actually went to school with Megan's parents. Was the sexual offense against her mother?

I read that the age of consent in Illinois is 17 so it could possibly be in relation to a 16 year old girlfriend with unhappy parents, it's not unheard of.

Given his age at the time of offence im inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, here in Australia you can become a registered offender for peeing on a wall after a few too many drinks.

He was last registered in 1999 and they didn't bother checking on him until 2014 which makes me question the seriousness of his offence but also super concerned about the lack of supervision for offenders.

On a side note, why would the mother deny Megan and her father ever meeting and then use a photo he's cropped out of on a poster. How bizarre.

Okay, stay with me here! They met in SECRET with another lady where I work in 2013. She was dressed like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. The police said they met one time. That was the photo mentioned above someone found, but it was a legit meeting.

The mom didnt know about this meeting and denies it, but I know it happened. Please reference hamdingers post he grabbed off WS.

Ok now I've gotcha. I thought you were saying here ^^ mum denied the meeting where photo was taken even took place.

What's family law like in your state? How old does a kid have to be to choose a parental home without it being fought out in family court?

Well if that's not concrete evidence, I don't know what is.

And btw, where did all these noobs come from all of a sudden? lol

Bored housewife syndrome? That's my excuse. This is marginally more entertaining than Wiggles reruns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Well if that's not concrete evidence, I don't know what is.

And btw, where did all these noobs come from all of a sudden? lol
    what do you mean noobs? Gaia and hazy have been here for a month!

Bored housewife syndrome? That's my excuse. This is marginally more entertaining than Wiggles reruns.

^that's why I'm here...except it's Curious George on netflix every freaking night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    what do you mean noobs? Gaia and hazy have been here for a month!

^that's why I'm here...except it's Curious George on netflix every freaking night.
    I'm not complaining at all, I am happy we are getting new members! It felt like it was the same 8-10 people talking in every thread for a while lol

I used all 15 reps in a 24 hr period yesterday in 1 thread....so apparently there's more than 10 people all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

The pic in question was presumably one from them meeting in maybe her middle school years, but I don't know because like I said, I do not know these people!
    Hang on, so the pic with dad was years ago but that's the one they're using on her missing poster? Surely choosing that pic for something as important as a missing poster would indicate it's more recent?

Also, maybe drop the "Pretty Woman" description. I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to describe but that movie is literally a quarter of a century old & no teen is going to dress like that now

So do you mean like mid-riff tops & short-shorts in the middle of winter? Or do you mean they'd dressed the girl you saw in thigh high boots & lycra? I mean, it gets cold enough to snow there right? So this would sound extreme even for a junkie streetwalker & they only manage to dress the way they do with the assistance of their drug habits.

Are you sure the clothing was as inappropriate as you recall, or that you've really got the month right? Memory is a far more fluid thing than most people realise - people frequently remember things incorrectly even 5 minutes after events they realised were hugely significant at the time. You're working with memories 7 mths after the fact. You saw a lot of other customers between the date you served this trio & the date you saw Megan's missing poster. That's an awful lot of opportunity for memories to jumble themselves around - which is exactly what memories do from the instant they're formed.

& again, Megan looks a lot like her bio dad, so supposing your memory of a random sighting of a girl who looked like Megan, but who was dressed dramatically differently to Megan's usual style, was 100% accurate after 7 mths, does he have other teen girl relatives who also carry the family resemblance? Could it have just been a girl who looked like her?

I don't doubt you're 100% genuine in your belief of what you saw & your concern for Megan, but I've seen enough memory studies to know that people who are 100% absolutely definitely sure are FREQUENTLY 100% wrong. The one's who are most sure & don't express self-doubt over any detail are usually the ones that turn out to be the most problematic because it's normal to be vague or blank on at least a few details.

There are better experiment vids around that demonstrate how inaccurate memory really is, but this'll do for the moment. (If you check out The Innocence Project too, you'll see the most common factor in overturned convictions is faulty eyewitness testimony)

Some people do have amazing photographic memories though, so if you really do remember it 100% accurately, you should be able to use the business ledger/accounts to back up your witness account & that should go some way to giving you a lot more credibility with LE.

I made a couple of other employees walk near their table and check it out. It didn't sit well with any of us.

Bustier, lycra shorts, and thigh-high boots
    Adults had jeans, sweatshirts and jackets.

Her hair was straight-styled at about chin or neck length. The poster that someone made from the one meeting they all know about is the one that helps me realize that's who I truly saw, BC they photoshopped her with different hairdos and different facial angles.

Then the father was marshalled in August 2014, and upon seeing his pic, well that was all the confirmation I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I used all 15 reps in a 24 hr period yesterday in 1 thread....so apparently there's more than 10 people all the time.
    ............................ ok

I like you.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I go away for a week or so and you all go crazy.

Gaia is the WS poster I was talking about before. She claims to have seen Megan and her father and another female (father's girlfriend?) at a restaurant back in November or December 2013. This was 7 or 8 months before she went missing. The reason this is significant is because Megan's mother claims that Megan has never met her bio father, or that she has only met him once. I have no idea if Gaia is legit or not. Or maybe she was just mistaken about who she saw. If the sighting is real, then it obviously casts doubt on the mom who is saying that Megan didn't have contact with her father.

The photo Gaia is talking about is a picture of Megan and her bio dad together. It looks fairly recent. Maybe from the last year or two; she looks the same in the photo as she does in her recent ones. The picture is real- I'm actually the one who pointed it out when I saw it on the bio dad's Facebook page. It is also the same photo that is on her "Missing" poster. Someone just cropped the dad out of it. Again, this casts doubt on the claim that Megan doesn't know her father. I can try to post the photo here, if anyone wants to see it. I think I have it on my computer now.

This is bio dad's Illinois sex offender registry page. https://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/offe...21472e6772666c The only details given are "CRIMINAL SEXUAL ABUSE/VIC 13-17." He looks very young in the picture. Maybe still in high school or just after it. My guess is that he had sex with another teenager. I don't think he is a child molester, and I know that Megan was not his victim, as some others have suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post

I like you.
    Me too. This one can stay.

Got it. Then I hope she's just left the church & is living safely with a friend or relative somewhere because I'm sick of all these shitty endings lately. For the last few weeks they've all ended up being domestic. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    I go away for a week or so and you all go crazy.

Gaia is the WS poster I was talking about before. She claims to have seen Megan and her father and another female (father's girlfriend?) at a restaurant back in November or December 2013. This was 7 or 8 months before she went missing. The reason this is significant is because Megan's mother claims that Megan has never met her bio father, or that she has only met him once. I have no idea if Gaia is legit or not. Or maybe she was just mistaken about who she saw. If the sighting is real, then it obviously casts doubt on the mom who is saying that Megan didn't have contact with her father.

The photo Gaia is talking about is a picture of Megan and her bio dad together. It looks fairly recent. Maybe from the last year or two; she looks the same in the photo as she does in her recent ones. The picture is real- I'm actually the one who pointed it out when I saw it on the bio dad's Facebook page. It is also the same photo that is on her "Missing" poster. Someone just cropped the dad out of it. Again, this casts doubt on the claim that Megan doesn't know her father. I can try to post the photo here, if anyone wants to see it. I think I have it on my computer now.

This is bio dad's Illinois sex offender registry page. https://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/offe...21472e6772666c The only details given are "CRIMINAL SEXUAL ABUSE/VIC 13-17." He looks very young in the picture. Maybe still in high school or just after it. My guess is that he had sex with another teenager. I don't think he is a child molester, and I know that Megan was not his victim, as some others have suggested.
    Thank god for hamdinger, because not a whole lot was making sense until you explained everything lol

I check in on this one every now & then. If she's out there she's flying waaaay under the radar & I don't see how a kid whose entire life was church/family could've made the street contacts to achieve this

This is from July

http://www.courierpress.com/news/loc...325468951.html

It has now been a year since anyone has seen or heard from Megan Nichols, a Fairfield, Ill. teen who went missing from her home on the evening of July 3, 2014. Megan was 15 at the time. Her mother, Kathy Jo Hutchcraft, reported her missing around 1 a.m. on the Fourth of July last year.

Friday night, family, friends and members of the community gathered at the First Baptist Church in Fairfield for a prayer circle and balloon launch to mark the one-year anniversary of her disappearance. It was the second community prayer service for Megan since she vanished, and police say they are no closer to finding her than they were a year ago.

What police know for sure is that surveillance video from a local bank showed her riding her bicycle up to an ATM and withdrawing money shortly before her reported disappearance.

With evidence of the cash withdrawal and some notes left at home, police were convinced in the beginning that she had simply run away from home.

But, as authorities interviewed and re-interviewed family members, current and former boyfriends and classmates, the case became more puzzling. Fairfield Police Chief Keith Colclasure thought at one point that if things were bad at home, Megan may have tried to reach out to her biological father, David Jackson Nichols.

As it turns out, the search for Megan’s father wouldn’t be easy. He was an “out of compliance” sex offender and it would take the resources of the U.S. Marshals Service to track him down. Located in Oklahoma, Marshals questioned Megan’s father and found no evidence that he knew anything about her whereabouts.

Leads about Megan’s whereabouts have poured in from around the country, said Chief Colclasure. At one point, a woman in custody in an out-of-state jurisdiction claimed she was Megan. Police said she bore a striking resemblance to Megan. A further investigation revealed the woman made up the story after reading about the case on the Internet … another dead end.

Tipsters have spotted girls looking like Megan in bus stations, restaurants, shopping malls and truck stops. Every lead has been followed up with zero results.

Then, this spring, Colclasure reached out to Illinois State Police detectives to take a fresh look at the case. A team of seasoned detectives re-interviewed everyone close to Megan, executed search warrants at a number of locations, and even re-interviewed Megan’s biological father. The results were the same — no credible information about Megan’s whereabouts or clear details about the night she disappeared emerged.

A $5,000 cash reward is being offered for information leading to the location of Megan. The money came from a series of cookouts and bake sales. A Prayer Circle for Megan Facebook page has more than 5,200 members as the search for the search for the missing teen continues.

Family and friends continue to pray for Megan’s safe return. Unfortunately, leads about Megan’s whereabouts have slowed to a trickle.

No one likes to discuss it, but investigators have entered Megan’s DNA and dental records into a national database in the event she is the victim of foul play. If you have any information about the whereabouts of Megan Nichols, you are asked to call the Wayne County Crime Stoppers Hotline at 618-842-9777.

Thread Information