Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Conrad Roy (18) committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning after his friend encouraged him to kill himself

Too bad they can't put permanent gag order on the bitch

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

A gag order & eyebrow enhancement restrictions

Anyone else see the Lifetime movie based on this case?

This is old but an archive of her twitter account just re read the entire thread did not see posted.

http://archive.is/7YnMN

https://abcnews.go.com/US/michelle-c...ry?id=60991290

Another Update

Michelle Carter, who as a teenager sent texts urging her then-boyfriend to commit suicide, is heading to jail for 15 months, a Massachusetts judge ruled Monday.

Carter, now 22, was taken into custody following a brief appearance in court.

Carter was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2017. She was sentenced to 2.5 years in jail with 15 months to be served and the rest suspended.

Carter was allowed to stay out of jail while she appealed in the state courts. Her conviction was upheld by the Massachusetts Supreme Court last week.

Carter’s attorneys then filed an emergency motion for a stay of sentence which was denied hours before Monday's court appearance.

Carter’s attorneys said they will appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"This case legally is not over," Carter's defense attorney said.

The HBO documentary was really well done and did a good job of presenting the case in the "trial by media" false perception kind of sense by having it split into two parts, with the first part being heavily influenced by the prosecution (and media perception) and the latter half examining the defense's case while still examining the prosecution and relaying the point that no one wins in this case. I'm actually kind of astounded that Michelle wasn't committed to a psychiatric facility because she is very clearly not mentally healthy and I do not think she is a sociopath. Narcissistic? Probably. Borderline? Perhaps. Prone to bouts of delusions and psychosis? Definitely. Unable to understand reality? Absolutely. I think the film did an excellent job exploring the entirety of Conrad and Michelle's relationship and it showed how this boy was intensely suicidal before he met Michelle, and while he may not have succeeded in killing himself without Michelle, he was at high risk for trying again. Given how many times he attempted I do genuinely believe another attempt would occur, whether or not he ever met Michelle. He also manipulated Michelle into believing his family was apathetic to his depression, he told her that his mother saw him reading about suicide methods on his computer and she just ignored it. He was trying to play it off as if his family doesn't care if he commits suicide. He even vaguely threatened her by saying he would hate her if she ever told anyone how he was feeling and what he was planning, so by telling someone, she might save his life but lose his "love", but by not telling anyone she kept him in her life and he died on her terms, which was easier for her to accept. By no means is what Michelle did right or excusable or justifiable, but I'm not entirely sure it warranted time in county jail when she would have benefited so much more from genuine psychiatrist rehabilitation. The two were both clearly very mentally ill; Conrad suggested them both killing themselves like Romeo and Juliet. For ages she told him life would get better and he had to have hope. I think she was really sick and genuinely believed that by giving up fighting his suicidal ideation and instead supporting his intense desire to die, that she was helping him.

Her lies to her friends and his family are insane and it's really difficult to explain that. But what I wonder is if Michelle truly told him to get back in the truck, or if she only said that to Sam three months later in an attempt to get sympathy, or perhaps because the guilt of what happened was eating her alive. There is no audio or written text record of Michelle telling Conrad to get back in the truck. I don't doubt that it happened, given the break between their two phone calls and Conrad's tendency to back out of a suicide attempt out of fear while he was in the midst of attempting, but there is no way the Commonwealth could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she in fact spoke those words to Conrad. The intricacies of this case are so interesting, this case is so unique and I am in no way condoning Michelle's behavior; I just think it can be explained by something less vapid than "she persuaded him to kill himself because she wanted attention and sympathy." She only started agreeing to his plans to die several weeks before his death. Long before that she consistently tried to help him and he consistently told her that he was beyond help and nothing would make him want to live.

Anyway, has anyone else watched the documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by jennyfyrr View Post
    The HBO documentary was really well done and did a good job of presenting the case in the "trial by media" false perception kind of sense by having it split into two parts, with the first part being heavily influenced by the prosecution (and media perception) and the latter half examining the defense's case while still examining the prosecution and relaying the point that no one wins in this case. I'm actually kind of astounded that Michelle wasn't committed to a psychiatric facility because she is very clearly not mentally healthy and I do not think she is a sociopath. Narcissistic? Probably. Borderline? Perhaps. Prone to bouts of delusions and psychosis? Definitely. Unable to understand reality? Absolutely. I think the film did an excellent job exploring the entirety of Conrad and Michelle's relationship and it showed how this boy was intensely suicidal before he met Michelle, and while he may not have succeeded in killing himself without Michelle, he was at high risk for trying again. Given how many times he attempted I do genuinely believe another attempt would occur, whether or not he ever met Michelle. He also manipulated Michelle into believing his family was apathetic to his depression, he told her that his mother saw him reading about suicide methods on his computer and she just ignored it. He was trying to play it off as if his family doesn't care if he commits suicide. He even vaguely threatened her by saying he would hate her if she ever told anyone how he was feeling and what he was planning, so by telling someone, she might save his life but lose his "love", but by not telling anyone she kept him in her life and he died on her terms, which was easier for her to accept. By no means is what Michelle did right or excusable or justifiable, but I'm not entirely sure it warranted time in county jail when she would have benefited so much more from genuine psychiatrist rehabilitation. The two were both clearly very mentally ill; Conrad suggested them both killing themselves like Romeo and Juliet. For ages she told him life would get better and he had to have hope. I think she was really sick and genuinely believed that by giving up fighting his suicidal ideation and instead supporting his intense desire to die, that she was helping him.

Her lies to her friends and his family are insane and it's really difficult to explain that. But what I wonder is if Michelle truly told him to get back in the truck, or if she only said that to Sam three months later in an attempt to get sympathy, or perhaps because the guilt of what happened was eating her alive. There is no audio or written text record of Michelle telling Conrad to get back in the truck. I don't doubt that it happened, given the break between their two phone calls and Conrad's tendency to back out of a suicide attempt out of fear while he was in the midst of attempting, but there is no way the Commonwealth could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she in fact spoke those words to Conrad. The intricacies of this case are so interesting, this case is so unique and I am in no way condoning Michelle's behavior; I just think it can be explained by something less vapid than "she persuaded him to kill himself because she wanted attention and sympathy." She only started agreeing to his plans to die several weeks before his death. Long before that she consistently tried to help him and he consistently told her that he was beyond help and nothing would make him want to live.

Anyway, has anyone else watched the documentary?
    I'm going to watch it either tonight or tomorrow.

I'd like to watch it too. Don't have HBO tho. Hopefully I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    I'd like to watch it too. Don't have HBO tho. Hopefully I can find it.
    I found it on Pirate Bay.

I watched. A lot of people are now sympathetic towards her. It didn't change my mind one bit. She used his suicide to gain attention and sympathy. Of course she's got some mental issues. She's a manipulative witch who has some type of personality disorder. Conrad was no more than a fly she could pull the wings off to see what would happen.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I watched. A lot of people are now sympathetic towards her. It didn't change my mind one bit. She used his suicide to gain attention and sympathy. Of course she's got some mental issues. She's a manipulative witch who has some type of personality disorder. Conrad was no more than a fly she could pull the wings off to see what would happen.
    I just got around to finishing it, and it did sway my opinion on the whole thing a small amount. As mentally ill as he seemed to be from his texts and other stuff, he was going to harm himself at some point. I'm not excusing or brushing under the rug what she did. It was abhorent. But they both seemed to be very unwell people

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Last week, the US Supreme Court said it would not take up her case for review.
    Bummer!

I'm not surprised in the least that she was a model inmate and kept herself in check while incarcerated. What I am wondering though, is was she actually rehabilitated in any way? While she may not be the type to pop a cap in someone's ass she still has the mental capacity to instruct someone else to do it. Her and her eyebrows scare the hell out of me. I bet we will see her in the news in 10 years from embezzling all the PTA money and killing her daughters field hockey rival.

I don't know if anyone cares to know this, but they're filming a movie in my area called "The Girl From Plainville." I'm not sure if that's the final title, but they're filming it right now in Savannah. I also found this article.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/...oss-the-ocean/

Memento of Michelle Carter’s boyfriend turns up across the ocean
    ‘A little happiness’ on Father’s Day, says teen’s bereaved father
    By BAY AREA NEWS GROUP |
    PUBLISHED: June 21, 2021 at 12:37 p.m. | UPDATED: June 22, 2021 at 4:16 a.m.
    A memento of the time the teenage Conrad Roy had spent with his father was found Sunday on a beach thousands of miles from his home — “a little happiness” after years of grief, the young man’s father said.

Conrad Roy III was 18 years old in July 2014 when he died by suicide, asphyxiating in his exhaust-filled truck in a Massachusetts parking lot. In a high-profile trial, his girlfriend, Michelle Carter, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter because she had sent him text messages encouraging him to take his own life.

On Sunday — Father’s Day — the young man’s father, Conrad Roy Jr., saw a Facebook post from a woman in the Azores, an island chain in the Atlantic 2,400 miles from Massachusetts. On a beach there, she had found a red hard hat bearing the elder Roy’s name.

Roy told TV station WCVB that he started crying when he saw the photos: “I’m happy today because it felt like he brought that to me.”

He said he had lost the hard hat in 2014 when he and his son were working together at a construction site in New Bedford, Mass.

The woman who found it told WCVB that she posted the photos because the stickers indicated the hard hat had come a long way, but she did not know of the Roys’ tragedy. “I am happy for helping the family to have some kind of peace,” she said.

Carter, who was 17 when Roy died, was released from prison in January 2020 after serving 11 months of a 15-month sentence. She had appealed her sentence all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, which declined to hear the case. Roy’s family opposed her early release.

If you or someone you know is struggling with feelings of depression or suicidal thoughts, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline offers free, round-the-clock support, information and resources for help. Reach the lifeline at 800-273-8255.

Santa Clara County’s Crisis Hotline can be reached anonymously and confidentially at 1-855-278-4204 24 hours a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

That is such a cool story! I'm glad the father saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    That is a touching story. The chances of someone even posting the hat, much less him being led to the post is crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Anyone watching the Hulu show on this? I'm sure Michelle's eyebrows are pissed that they didn't do them justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Anyone watching the Hulu show on this? I'm sure Michelle's eyebrows are pissed that they didn't do them justice.
    I'll have to check it out. Those eyebrows deserved their own agent.

Double. So......

upload
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 03-30-2022 at 05:54 AM.

Double. So......

When I first saw this I thought "oh my how are juggalos involved, this just got interesting".
    Has anyone actually watched the Hulu series? I've been avoiding it figuring they are just gonna paint her crazy and make his family look perfect. There is so much crazy with this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    When I first saw this I thought "oh my how are juggalos involved, this just got interesting".
    Has anyone actually watched the Hulu series? I've been avoiding it figuring they are just gonna paint her crazy and make his family look perfect. There is so much crazy with this case.
    I started watching the first episode, but I stopped. I might pick it back up.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Thread Information