Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Conrad Roy (18) committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning after his friend encouraged him to kill himself

Conrad Roy (18) committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning after his friend encouraged him to kill himself

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/2...teens-suicide/

Investigators Say Plainville Girl "Strongly Influenced" Teen's Suicide

BOSTON (CBS) - A Plainville teenager faces charges of involuntary manslaughter after investigators say she encouraged a fellow high school student to commit suicide in 2014.

Police say 18-year-old Conrad Roy committed suicide on July 13, 2014, behind a K-Mart in Fairhaven. Roy was a resident of Fairhaven and Mattapoisett.

The Bristol District Attorne's office confirmed to WBZ-TV that Michelle Carter, 18, was indicted on February 5 after a lengthy investigation showed that she "strongly influenced" Roy's decision to kill himself.

According to the district attorney's office, after finding Roy dead inside his truck, police searched Roy's cell phone and found he had been text messaging Carter up until his death, which was caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.

"It is alleged that Ms. Carter had firsthand knowledge of Roy's suicidal thoughts," the district attorney's office said. "Instead of attempting to assist him or notify his family or school officials, Ms. Carter is alleged to have strongly influenced his decision to take his own life, encouraged him to commit suicide and guided him in his engagement of activities which led to his death."

Carter was arraigned in New Bedford Juvenile Court on February 6 and released on $2,500 bail.

District Attorney Thomas Quinn recused himself from the case because he has a relationship with Roy's family.

The Fairhaven Neighborhood News reported on Thursday that court documents show more than 1,000 text messages between Carter and Roy in the days leading up to his death.

The newspaper reported that at one point shortly before he died, Roy became scared and said he did not want to leave his family. As a result he stepped out of his truck, investigators said.

Court documents show, according to the Fairhaven Neighborhood News report, that Carter told Roy to "get back in."

King Philip Regional School District, where Carter is a student, declined comment on the case.

"The circumstances surrounding this tragic loss are under investigation. Our deepest sympathy is extended to the family and school community of Conrad Roy," said Superintendent Elizabeth Zielinski. "As an educational institution we are bound by regulations related to the privacy of student records. As such I will not comment on the situation, or discuss anything that is related to any students record."

Carter is next scheduled to appear in New Bedford Juvenile Court for a pretrial hearing on April 17.
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015...o_kill_himself

This is her. https://www.facebook.com/michelle.carter.94043626
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 02-27-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Dat forehead. On her, for the record. Conrad was adorable.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    How the fuck do you do this to someone? I was just thinking last night...if I were driving over a bridge and I saw someone standing on the edge about to jump would I stop and try to talk them down? Yes, I absolutely fucking would. If I can stop one person from ending their life, I'm pleased. And that is a stranger, no less...I'd try to stop a stranger. How do you do this to someone you know and are friends with? I can't even.

ETA: And her cover photo is about him?? The guy she encouraged to kill himself? I've never wanted to send hate messages to someone so much in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    ETA: And her cover photo is about him?? The guy she encouraged to kill himself? I've never wanted to send hate messages to someone so much in my life.
    Right? She has a few little memorials about him on her page.

mind control.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I had to click the "x" and get away from her page. When I start to feel that angry, it's best if I just step away or I'll do/say something that I'll wish that I hadn't later. I just don't understand. I have several people that I am close to in my life that have messaged me at all hours of the day saying that they felt like life wasn't worth living and I don't care what the fuck I am doing at that time, I stop everything and talk them down. I've been there..it's a horrible place to be. I physically hurt for those people who feel that badly. Luckily one of them did go see a dr and is now on meds and in therapy and is doing soooo much better. I cannot EVER imagine saying to her "Ya know what, you're right, life does suck. Go ahead and kill yourself" No. Just no.

Looks like she hasn't been on Facebook in quite awhile.

Noticed she has a lot of stuff about him passing away. I mean, the girl didn't even just ignore him, which sucks in my opinion. But she encouraged him to do it. Even when he tried to back out....he obviously had second thoughts and she talked him into doing it anyway. I wonder why??? What would she possibly gain from doing that???

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Dat forehead. On her, for the record. Conrad was adorable.
    Dat...is a fivehead
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Do we know if they were dating? I wonder if this was a situation where he was threatening to kill himself if she broke up with him or whatever, and she was like, "Do it then! I don't care!" and was thinking he was bluffing/just being dramatic.

As stated:

The newspaper reported that at one point shortly before he died, Roy became scared and said he did not want to leave his family. As a result he stepped out of his truck, investigators said.

Court documents show, according to the Fairhaven Neighborhood News report, that Carter told Roy to "get back in."
    I don't think it was a romantic relationship gone wrong.

I think he wanted to do it, then decided not to, and she encouraged him to go forward.

They exchanged over 1,000 texts on the days leading up to his suicide. To move forward with this, they must have a fair amount of evidence.

The fact that she started a fundraiser for him after he died, and posted lots of stuff about his death, makes me think she wanted attention? But that's a pretty crazy thing to do for attention...

I'm also confused at her posts about preventing suicide. Talk about being a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

A little budding five headed sociopath, we have here.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    A little budding five headed sociopath, we have here.

She probably didn't stop for 3 seconds to think "Hmm...people are probably gonna read dem messages and then I'm going to look like an ass".

What a worthless cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I saw that, I just wondered if it was more like "I'm gonna miss my family but I can't live without you." "Then get back in I guess!" But yeah, with that many texts back and forth, I guess they have a pretty clear idea of what went on. Just crazy that she has a picture of him that says "my angel. Fly high." What a nutjob.

I don't even understand this.

I want to see the text messages. What weird fucking crazy game was this person playing? What was their relationship?

Seeing the text messages would be great. Even if I try to think of how "get back in" could have been meant in a different context (because you obviously can't tell tone over text) I cannot think of any other way that could have been meant other than "kill yourself".

But 1000 text messages that led up to him doing it? Yeah, I wanna read that shit.

I don't even understand this.

I want to see the text messages. What weird fucking crazy game was this person playing? What was their relationship?
    Me too !!!!!!!!!

This article claims he was her "former boyfriend." Although, this is the only one I've found that makes that claim. The link states "friend" but the article leads you to believe it was at one point a romantic relationship. Sorry, I'm phone posting so I can't post the actual article, but here's the link:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/282...riends-suicide

I agree with the budding sociopath theory. I think she wanted to see how far she could push him, and even though there have been no statements from her, I feel like she has no remorse. She was probably looked on as a beautiful and wonderful young lady for starting that fundraiser after he died. I dunno...I just get that crazy bitch vibe from her.

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%...=VAQFP-gsV&s=1

There is a link in the comments section that goes further into the shit she pulled. My iPad isn't letting me copy/paste the article.

She's definitely a sociopath. She actually pretended he was missing and she was worried about him, all the while texting him "why haven't you done it yet".
    Last edited by Angiebla; 02-27-2015 at 07:02 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ahhhhhh! I can't get that to work!

Ahhhhhh! I can't get that to work!

Go to the link LadyLaz posted and look in the comment section. The link is there.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

The link won't link anywhere for me. I just get, like, a 24 page pdf file.

The link won't link anywhere for me. I just get, like, a 24 page pdf file.
    That's it genius. Look on page 7

Thread Information