Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Conrad Roy (18) committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning after his friend encouraged him to kill himself

PLAINVILLE, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts judge has ruled that statements made by a woman who sent her boyfriend text messages encouraging him to kill himself can be used by prosecutors at her involuntary manslaughter trial.

The Sun Chronicle reports Taunton Juvenile Court judge Lawrence Moniz on Tuesday denied a motion by 20-year-old Michelle Carter's lawyers to suppress statements she made to police.

Carter is charged in the death of 18-year-old Conrad Roy III of Mattapoisett. Roy's body was found in his pickup truck in Fairhaven. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carter had claimed that statements she made to police three months after Roy's death were illegally obtained because she was not told she had a right to a lawyer.

In a mid-October court appearance, defense attorney Joseph P. Cataldo, in the motion to supress, claimed that Carter was not properly advised and fully aware of her constitutional right to consult with and be represented by counsel when she was questioned by the detectives Oct. 2, 2014.

Cataldo was seeking to suppress all the statements made by Carter as well as all evidence "obtained and/or tainted by unlawfully obtaining the passcode of the defendant's cell phone and the username and password for the defendant's laptop."

“I think her Miranda Rights were violated ... I think they interrogated her,” Cataldo said outside of court that day.

Under questioning in the courtroom, Fairhaven Detective Scott Gordon said he “explained to her that she wasn’t in custody, wasn’t in trouble and I wanted to talk to her.”

In an affidavit from Carter in support of her motion to suppress,"I did not freely consent to any search and seizure," she said. "From the point that these law enforcement officials interrogated me, until I was released, I was always in the custody of these law enforcement officials and did not feel that I was ever free to leave their presence."

A trial date hasn't been set. A pretrial status hearing is scheduled for Dec. 1.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/news/...-used-in-court

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Trial starts March 6.

She didn't look happy

Carter's defense attorney, Joseph Cataldo, told Taunton Juvenile Court Judge Lawrence Moniz that a March date is too soon and that he needs until April or May to properly prepare, the Boston Herald reported.
    'Oh, that's not happening. That's not happening,' Moniz said in a hearing on Monday.
    'We're not going to put it out that far.'
    During the pretrial hearing Monday, the judge granted a request from Carter's lawyer for funds to hire an expert to examine an antidepressant both Carter and Roy were taking at the time of his death.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4TTGvqb9Z
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    She looks evil.

LOL, who's that in the picture wearing a matchy-matchy quilted jacket?

Showing up to trial wearing the same outfit as this bitch. EMBARRASSING.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    LOL, who's that in the picture wearing a matchy-matchy quilted jacket?

Showing up to trial wearing the same outfit as this bitch. EMBARRASSING.
    It's her mother in the matching nasty.

TAUNTON — Judge Lawrence Moniz continued Michelle Carter's manslaughter trial to June 5, but scolded her defense attorney, Joseph Cataldo, on Friday for filing the request so close to the original trial date.

The trial had been scheduled to start March 6 in Taunton Juvenile Court.

Over the objection of prosecutor Katie Rayburn, the judge said he granted the continuance because of the complexity of the case, adding he will not approve any further continuances.

The judge complained that notice of Cataldo's motion was given to the Bristol County District Attorney's office only 2? days ago. "Why is the court getting a motion to continue without very much notice to your sister?" he asked, referring to Rayburn. "It puts the prosecution at a disadvantage."

"I don't think so," said Cataldo, explaining he told the court last month he intended to seek a continuance. "I don't think it's unfair to the commonwealth."

"I don't find that acceptable. If it was done to you, you would not like it. You would say it puts you at a disadvantage," the judge said back to the attorney.

The judge said it is approaching three years since Conrad Roy III, 18, of Mattapoisett died and Carter's indictment is two years old.

Carter, 20, of Plainville is charged with involuntary manslaughter in Roy's death when she was 17. Prosecutors have said that in texts she encouraged him to take his own life. Roy's body was found in his pickup truck near the Kmart off Route 6 in Fairhaven on July 13, 2014. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Police found a gasoline-operated water pump in the back seat.

Cataldo said he needs the extra time to properly examine "hundreds of thousands of digital records," which are contained on four computers and Roy's SnapChat account. "They need to be culled out and I need to determine what is relevant," he said. "There's a lot of information to go through. I'm asking for 90 days."

The attorney said he is especially interested in "a selfie video" that Roy took a few weeks before his death, in which he talks about taking his own life. "It shows Roy's general state of mind. It shows he is clearly not under the influence of Michelle Carter," he told reporters in an interview outside the courthouse.

Rayburn vigorously opposed the defense motion, saying the material he wants to examine has been readily available.
    http://wareham.wickedlocal.com/news/...laughter-trial

Oh PISS.

Good Luck with that.

"A controversial psychiatrist said Michelle Carter was “involuntarily intoxicated” by antidepressants when she sent text messages encouraging her high school boyfriend to kill himself, as prosecutors seeking an involuntary manslaughter conviction sought to discredit him as an “extremist.”

Somebody please post the pic at this link -

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc...ntidepressants

Quote Originally Posted by jlawrence View Post
    Good Luck with that.

"A controversial psychiatrist said Michelle Carter was ?involuntarily intoxicated? by antidepressants when she sent text messages encouraging her high school boyfriend to kill himself, as prosecutors seeking an involuntary manslaughter conviction sought to discredit him as an ?extremist.?

Somebody please post the pic at this link -

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc...ntidepressants

This one?

Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Oh my.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Smirky Smirkerson
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Bless her heart. She's a homely little thang, ain't she? It's a shame she didn't realize her pickings would be slim and it would be in her best interest to keep her boyfriend alive. I can't imagine she has prospects lined up knocking on her door for dates.

Am I being too harsh?
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 03-25-2017 at 08:13 PM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Bless her heart. She's a homely little thang, ain't she? It's a shame she didn't realize her pickings would be slim and it would be in her best interest to keep her boyfriend alive. I can't imagine she has prospects lined up knocking on her door for dates.

Am I being too harsh?

Men like those crazy chicks tho.

This girl is crazy. I had an ex tell me he wanted to commit suicide after I broke up with him. I told him not to, because I nor any other girl was worth killing yourself over. Too bad, this boy picked an idiot to date!

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    This girl is crazy. I had an ex tell me he wanted to commit suicide after I broke up with him. I told him not to, because I nor any other girl was worth killing yourself over. Too bad, this boy picked an idiot to date!
    THEY WEREN'T EVEN DATING!! That is the nuttiest part. They had virtually no relationship aside from her encouraging him to die.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    She's got caterpillars for eyebrows.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    THEY WEREN'T EVEN DATING!! That is the nuttiest part. They had virtually no relationship aside from her encouraging him to die.
    My bad. I understand after reading all the posts, she's the one who called him her bf to get sympathy for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    This one?

Oh my...somebody please feed her. 🙏🙏

Ugh "friends" dont encourage "friends" to kill themselves. When my bff sent me a crazy ass late night text about how she loved me and yada yada...i blew her up and told her she wasnt going to leave me here alone 😡😡

Not only does she have crazy eyes, but crazy hair. it is contained here but you can tell!

She is a special kind of sick to encourage another person to kill themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    Not only does she have crazy eyes, but crazy hair. it is contained here but you can tell!

She is a special kind of sick to encourage another person to kill themselves.
    Her outside is reallllly starting to reflect her inside - fucked.

She looks like an alien. With hair.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

May 4
    The controversial psychiatrist who said Michelle Carter was on antidepressants and involuntarily intoxicated when she sent text messages encouraging her high school boyfriend to kill himself will be able to testify during her upcoming trial, a judge has ruled.

“The Court is satisfied as to the qualifications of Dr. (Peter) Breggin to testify as an expert, based upon his education, training, experience and familiarity with the subject matter of his proposed testimony,” Superior Court Judge Lawrence Moniz wrote yesterday.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc...octor_on_stand

May 12
    A judge has ruled that a Massachusetts woman charged with manslaughter for sending her boyfriend text messages encouraging him to take his own life can introduce medical records at trial that allegedly show he had been talking about suicide for years.
    http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s..._ok_in_tr.html
    The trial starts next month. I hope it's live

It better be live, i'm so keen.

Thread Information