Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Janell Aldridge (48) was one of seven people killed when a man went on a shooting spree

Janell Aldridge (48) was one of seven people killed when a man went on a shooting spree

(CNN)A man is believed to have killed seven people and injured another in a four-home shooting spree in southern Missouri before fatally shooting himself one county away, police said Friday morning.

A girl who fled one of the homes in the small community of Tyrone alerted police Thursday night, calling them from a neighbor's house to say she'd heard gunshots, Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Jeff Kinder told reporters.

After police found two bodies in the first residence, investigators found five more bodies and an injured person in three other Tyrone homes, Kinder said.

A suspect -- a 36-year-old man -- was found dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot in a vehicle in an adjacent county, police said.

No names were released. Police said they didn't immediately know of a motive or how the victims were connected, if at all, to one another or the suspect.

Another body -- that of an elderly woman who apparently died of natural causes -- was found in a fifth residence during the investigation, according to Kinder. It wasn't immediately clear whether the woman was connected to the case.

Tyrone is about 135 miles (84 kilometers) southwest of St. Louis. It is in Texas County, an area of about 26,000 residents

The suspect's body was found in neighboring Shannon County, Kinder said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/27/us/mis...ths/index.html

This is close to home for me

Eight dead in series of shootings in Missouri.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31646977

Eight dead in series of shootings in Missouri

Eight people are dead and one person has been injured after a series of shootings in south-central Missouri.

Police made the discoveries on late Thursday at five different homes in or near the city of Tyrone.

Authorities believe that they found the body of the shooter in a parked car near one of the crime scenes.

The shooter's motive is not known at this time, and police are continuing to investigate.

"We're currently working six active scenes including the location in Shannon County where the suspect was found deceased, " Sergeant Jeff Kinder of the Missouri State Highway Patrol told reporters on Friday morning.

Residents reported that police went door-to-door on Friday warning them to secure their homes.

Around 22:15 local time (4:15 GMT) on Thursday, officers from the Texas County Sheriff's Department responded to an emergency call from a girl claiming she heard gunshots in a home.

The girl fled to a neighbour's house to alert the authorities.

Upon inspection, officers found two people dead in the house.

As they continued searching, they found six additional victims who were killed and one that was injured spread across four other residences.

The body of the suspect, who has only been identified as a 36-year-old man from Tyrone, was discovered in car in nearby Shannon County. He had appeared to die of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Officials have made multiple references to a woman found at one of the scenes "who appeared to have died from natural causes". However, they have not made clear her connection to the victims or he suspect.

Authorities took the injured victim to a nearby hospital, and are working to notify the deceased's next-of-kin. They say that they will not be identifying the victims until the notification process is complete.
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015...shooting_spree

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Oops. I just posted this one, too!

Mods? Merge?

No info yet on the age/gender of the victims?

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordCocks View Post
    No info yet on the age/gender of the victims?
    36 year old male was the suspect. Haven't heard any ages or details on the others

Small town...I'm guessing they are all family or very close friends.
    If I had to guess his Moms death set him off. I wonder if he lived with her and those were his siblings.

Strange, usually that info leaks out pretty quick. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet besides the elderly lady who had the heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordCocks View Post
    Strange, usually that info leaks out pretty quick. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet besides the elderly lady who had the heart attack.
    Little towns like that are exceptionally tight knit. If this was what I'm thinking they are going to try to keep it as quiet as possible as they can. I grew up in the Ozarks. There are large amounts of huge extended families down there with major family dramas.

I swear, it feels like there's one of these family murder/suicide stories everyday. It's getting crazy.

duplicate: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...es-in-Missouri

you guys posted at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Name released. -
    Joseph Jesse Aldridge

Phone posting, but that is the shooter's name

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-co...ampage-n314071

A gunman killed seven people — four of whom are family members of the suspect — in a door-to-door shooting spree in Missouri Thursday before killing himself, in a rampage that may have been triggered by finding his mother dead of what are believed to be natural causes, officials said Friday.

Gunman Joseph Jesse Aldridge, 36, was later found dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound inside a car in a neighboring county after the killings in the rural community of Tyrone, located in the southern part of the state, about 90 miles east of Springfield, authorities said.

Texas County coroner Tom Whittaker told NBC affiliate KSDK that the body of a woman identified by authorities as Aldridge's mother, 74-year-old Alice Aldridge, had been dead for 24 hours before she was found by authorities Thursday night, and she is thought to have died of natural causes.

Whittaker said the suspect's discovery of the body may have sparked the killing spree, but investigators said a motive has not yet been determined. Texas County Sheriff's deputies first learned of the rampage — which spanned six crime scenes in a three-mile radius in Tyrone — just after 10 p.m. local time after a juvenile female called 911 and said there were gunshots in her home.

Four of the seven victims were identified as husband and wife Darrell Aldridge and Julie Aldridge and husband and wife Harold Aldridge and Janelle Aldridge, Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Jeff Kinder said at a news conference Friday, adding that the some were cousins of the suspect.

The other three victims were not members of the suspect's family and have not yet been identified.

Texas County Sheriff's deputies were alerted to the trail of slayings at 10:15 p.m. CT (11:15 p.m. ET) Thursday, when a juvenile female called 911 to say she heard gunshots in her home and fled. Deputies responded and found two people dead inside the home.

After investigating further, another five people were found fatally shot in three other residences in Tyrone, a small unincorporated community about 95 miles east of Springfield. There was also one person injured at one of the scenes, who was taken to the hospital and is expected to recover, Texas County authorities said.

Texas County Sheriff James Sigman said during a news conference Friday that investigators "checked a wide area door-to-door" for additional victims and were "hopeful" that no one else was killed or injured.

Sigman said "everybody knows everybody" in the small community, which isn't accustomed to homicides. "Start locking your doors," he advised residents Friday. "The world is changing."

He must've been a big time mama's boy!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Oops. I just posted this one, too!

Mods? Merge?
    Done!!
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

COLUMBIA — A man who authorities say may have been unhinged by the death of his ailing mother went on a house-to-house shooting rampage in a small town in the Missouri Ozarks, killing seven people before taking his own life.

Joseph Jesse Aldridge, 36, carried out the killings with a .45-caliber handgun Thursday night or early Friday at four homes in Tyrone, the no-stoplight town of about 50 people where he lived about 150 miles south of Columbia, the Missouri State Highway Patrol said.

Aldridge's body later was found before dawn Friday in a running pickup truck on the middle of a highway in a neighboring county, about 15 or 20 miles from Tyrone. No suicide note was found, authorities said.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol released the names of four victims of the shooting: Garold Dee Aldridge, 52, Julie Ann Aldridge, 47, Harold Wayne Aldridge, 50, and Janell Arlisa Aldridge, 48. Authorities are withholding the names of three additional victims until their families can be notified.

According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol news release, the victims are believed to be cousins of the 36-year-old suspected shooter.

The Associated Press reported that Texas County Coroner Tom Whittaker told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that before Joseph Aldridge was discovered dead, authorities found his mother Alice Aldridge, 74, who died of apparent natural causes on a couch at her home.

She had been under a doctor's care and appeared to have been dead at least 24 hours, the coroner said. Her autopsy is scheduled for Saturday, according to the Highway Patrol.

Whittaker said investigators were still gathering evidence, but he speculated that the son "came home and found her deceased and then for whatever reason went on a rampage and started killing people."

The rampage began around 10:15 p.m. Thursday, when the Texas County Sheriff's Department requested assistance in a weapons-related disturbance at a home in Tyrone.

A female juvenile caller said she was in the residence and heard gunshots, according to a news release from the Missouri State Highway Patrol. She ran to a neighbor's house, where she called the authorities.

Responding deputies found two deceased people in the home. Upon further investigation, responders found five additional deceased victims and one wounded victim in three other homes in Tyrone. The wounded victim was taken to a local hospital.

"Everybody is kind of just dazed I'd guess you'd say," John W. Shriver, 72, of Tyrone, told The Associated Press, adding that the killer "didn't have much to do with people" and "kind of stayed to himself."

The Texas County Sheriff’s Department and the Highway Patrol’s Division of Drug and Crime Control are investigating. The Highway Patrol had seven officers at six active crime scenes — the five homes and the vehicle where the suspect was found. Officers had cleared from the crime scenes by mid-afternoon Friday, but the investigation is ongoing.

Gov. Jay Nixon said the state's Department of Mental Health has contacted the local community mental health center to ensure that crisis intervention services will be available.
    http://www.columbiamissourian.com/a/...rone-shooting/

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015...shooting_spree

Among those killed were two of Joseph Aldridge's male cousins, who were slain alongside their wives, and a married couple and their adult son whose bodies were found in two different houses.

Those cousins have been identified as Garold Dee Aldridge, 52, and his wife Julie Ann Aldridge, 47, and Garold Aldridge's brother Harold Wayne Aldridge, 50, and his wife Janell Arlisa Aldridge, 48.

Three other fatal shooting victims were identified to the Post-Dispatch as Carey and Valirea Shriver and Carey's father, Darrell Shriver, who lived nearby.

Darrell Shriver's wife, Martha Shriver, was wounded in the shooting at their home but survived.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2131425

I'm curious if the John Shriver quoted above is related to the Shrivers who were killed.

so, he found his mom dead and his brain went crazy? whoa.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    His brain went crazy after finding his mom dead so he killed off the rest of the family before himself? I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Darrell Shriver seems to be quite wealthy in their little town.
    The guy who did the killing most likely wasn't. He killed his cousins after his Mom died.
    I'm really curious as to if he lived with his Mom and if his cousins has some claim on the house he lived in with his Mom. I wonder if he worked for the Shrivers. He didn't kill any of the kids so he didn't feel the need to harm anyone he felt was "innocent" of hurting him it would seem.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Wtf. I mean, I love my mom and all, but I'm not going to go postal and slaughter the rest of my family if she passes away.

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    Wtf. I mean, I love my mom and all, but I'm not going to go postal and slaughter the rest of my family if she passes away.
    And why not?

If you want to suicide yourself, keep everybody else out of your muckd up space. Did you ask the others if they wanted to die with your sorry arse JJ Aldrige?

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    His brain went crazy after finding his mom dead so he killed off the rest of the family before himself? I don't get it.
    It says that the mom was dead for more than 24 hours.

I suspect (But could totally be wrong) that the shooter felt his kin killed his mom by neglect. If she had been dead for over 24 hours, then that shows that somebody wasn't checking on her. In the article StarrySky posted above, it says that the mom was sick and under dr's care. I think the relatives were supposed to take care of her- they didn't for whatever reason (which is true if she was dead for more than 24 hours) and the son walked in and saw his mom was clearly DEAD.

I know when my g'ma got cancer and was very sick- my whole family started fighting over this and that. Some of the kin were not allowed to come by. One son was not allowed over (because he would steal her pain pills) and when she passed away...that one son started accusing everybody of killing her. He went kind of nutty.

Here's some pictures of the victims

Carey Shriver, (back center) 46, and Carey's wife Valirea, (right) 44.

Darrell Shriver, (right) 68- Martha, (left) 67 But she is expected to survive.

Garold Dee Aldridge, (center left) 52, and his wife Julie Ann Aldridge, (right) 47

Harold Wayne Aldridge, 50, and his wife Janell Arlisa Aldridge, 48,

Thread Information