Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebecca Watts (16) was allegedly murdered by her stepbrother Nathan Matthews (28) and his girlfriend Shauna Phillips (21) before they dismembered her body

Rebecca Watts (16) was allegedly murdered by her stepbrother Nathan Matthews (28) and his girlfriend Shauna Phillips (21) before they dismembered her body

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...und-clues.html

Missing Rebecca, 16, read text from her best friend nine minutes before she vanished without trace but did not reply

Rebecca, right.

A missing teenager read a text message from her best friend just nine minutes before she vanished without a trace from her family home.

Rebecca Watts, 16, received a message from her friend Courtney Bicker, 17, around half an hour after she was last seen by her stepmother at their home in the St George's area of Bristol on Thursday morning.

But although a notification showed Rebecca had read the text, she did not reply. The next morning, after she failed to return home, her family called police - prompting a huge search for the college student.

Courtney said the last person Rebecca had texted was her boyfriend, named as Luke Oberhansli, 17, to make plans for later that day but he did not reply because he was at the dentist.

'I've got no idea whatsoever what has happened,' said college student Courtney.

'It's really like she has disappeared with no trace.

'I sent her a message at 11.06am and it went through to her phone, but I sent her a message the following morning and it didn't go through.

'I didn't really think much of it. I thought that maybe her phone was off and maybe she was asleep.'

She added: 'I'm just really confused and scared. I'm just literally waiting by the phone for someone to call and say she is back home.

'I like to hope she has just run away and will come back when she is ready, but this is so unlike her.

'She wouldn't go to the shops on her home. She makes someone go to the shop till for her and buy her bus ticket.

'If she was going outside she would meet somebody near by. She wouldn't walk long distances on her own.

'She wouldn't walk out at night on her own.

'When she used to come round mine, she would make me walk her back home. She doesn't like walking back in the dark.'

Rebecca was last seen at around 10.30am on Thursday when her stepmother, Anjie Galsworthy, 49, left their home for a hospital appointment.

At 11.06am, Courtney sent her a one-word message reading 'bae' - a slang term of endearment said to stand for 'before anyone else', which she used as a jokey nickname for Rebecca.

Courtney received an alert saying it had been read, but she didn't get a reply. It is thought that Rebecca left her home at 11.15am.

Courtney said texts were later sent from Rebecca's phone to her boyfriend Luke about meeting up later that day, but he did not reply because he was having dental work.

She said the pair had been dating for a few months, and his home had been searched by police, but added: 'He is in the same predicament as I am.

'The police keep searching his house. He was the last person to be in contact with her.

'She was texting Luke, but he had to go and get his braces sorted. They were going to arrange to meet after he had his braces done.

'Nobody has any idea what has happened.'

She added: 'I last heard from her on Wednesday night and we were just having a normal conversation. She seemed OK - she seemed fine.

'It was just normal banter.'

Courtney said as far as she was aware Rebecca didn't have older friends and hadn't argued with anyone in the days before her disappearance.

Her friend had a good relationship with her father, Darren Galsworthy, 51, and stepmother who have been together for many years, she added.

Distraught Mr Galsworthy has described his daughter as 'introverted', and has said the family 'fear the worst' as police investigating Rebecca's disappearance search parks around her home for clues.

Mr Galsworthy said his daughter's disappearance was out of character, as the fashion conscious teen was too shy to even pay the cashier at a shop on her own.

'Becky is introverted. She does not mix with big groups of people,' he said.

'She would not go and ask for anything or go to a till on her own - she was that kind of girl.

'This is why her disappearing is so out of character for her. I am trying to remain positive, but really starting to fear for the worst.

'This just really is a nightmare come true - I am just so worried we don't know what to do.

'She loved fashion and clothes and all she took with her was a blue quilted jacket. Her purse and bank cards are all here at home.

'If she had planned to go anywhere she would have taken her phone charger - she was never without her phone and always on Facebook.'

Rebecca, who is studying at college to resit her GCSE exams, was last seen on Thursday morning by Darren's wife Anjie, 49, who left to go to a hospital appointment at around 10.30am.

When she didn't reply to messages or return home they called police.

Rebecca's phone had initially gone straight to answer phone, and has now been switched off since Thursday. Her Facebook profile has also been dormant since Thursday.

Mrs Galsworthy said: 'She seemed OK and her normal self. There was nothing out of the blue. She was a bit grumpy, but that was not unusual - just a normal teenager.

'I went to a hospital appointment and left her at home at around 10.30am.

'We thought she might have gone and met her boyfriend and he had texted her to see if she wanted to meet, but got no response.

'We texted her later in the day to see where she was but her phone was off.

'She hadn't mentioned any plans, but would have just gone out if she had some, but she would have let us know at some point.

'The next day when she still hadn't come home we contacted the police.'

Police forensics teams have conducted 'routine' searches of Luke's home, as well as Rebecca's.

Avon and Somerset police said it was routine to carry out searches of homes belonging to people close to the missing person.

The student's family has appealed for people to join a search party near her home this afternoon.

Writing on Facebook, her uncle Joe Galsworthy said: 'Please come along, everybody friends, family and even community members.

'We need to have her home. She's missed and loved by us all and it's killing us not knowing if she is safe or not.'

Police have also been searching open ground and parks around Rebecca's home for any clues which may explain her disappearance.

A blue caravan and an empty property on the street where she lives were also being examined by officers.

'We are not reacting to any specific information, but are looking at local parks and open areas - more to see if anything might have been dropped,' a police spokesman said.

'All likely areas will be searched as routine in situations like this.'

Detective Inspector Richard Ocone, who is leading the search, has also appealed to Rebecca to come home.

'Firstly, I want to reiterate to Rebecca directly - you are in absolutely no trouble.

'We are all just worried about you and we want to make sure you are OK.

''If you can just call home, one of your friends or call us on 101, we can work with you to help work through any issues you are facing.

'I would also ask anyone who might know where Rebecca is to come forward and let us know.

'This is completely out of character for Rebecca to leave without telling her family or friends ? especially if she is not planning on coming home.'

Neighbours have expressed their shock at Rebecca's disappearance, and their sympathy for her family.

'This is every parent's worst nightmare and nothing can be said that would help them,' said Sandi Lovett, 26, who lives close by.

'But everyone round here is thinking of them and just hoping she will get back safely and very soon.

'There have been a lot of police around the area and so everyone is hopeful she will be found soon and it pays off.

'I think a public search is a great idea and I am sure hundreds of people round here would help as there is a lot of concern and worry.'

Police described Rebecca as 'striking', and said she is white, around 5ft 4ins tall and of slim build, with 'noticeable' long, bright red hair, which has only been dyed recently and recent photographs of the teenager do not reflect this change.

It is believed when she was last seen she was wearing a waist-length navy blue quilted jacket with fabric sleeves.

Anyone with information is urged to call the force number 101, quoting the reference MP 591/15. Alternatively, information can be left anonymously on Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015...bered_her_body

Her bestfriend, Courtney: https://www.facebook.com/CourtneyAmberz

Her father: https://www.facebook.com/darren.galsworthy1

her boyfriend, Luke: https://www.facebook.com/luke.oberhansli
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 02-25-2015 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Latest post from her dad. I hope they find her. He's hurting...

THIS IS A MESSAGE TO ALL WIFES MOTHERS AND GIRLFRIENDS IT WAS MY BABY GIRLS TIME OF THE MONTH SO IF YOU HAVE WASHED ANY BLOOD FROM YOUR PARTNERS OR SONS UNDERWEAR AND THEY CANT EXPLAIN IT PLEASE IMAGINE IF THIS WAS YOUR CHILD WHAT WOULD YOU DO PLEASE REPORT IT .

Find Rebecca FB (not much there): https://www.facebook.com/FINDBECKYWATTS

Since when can you tell if someone read a text message you sent them? I don't have any of those cool iphones or anything, so maybe I'm just not up on technology, but when I send a text message to someone, the only way I know for sure they read it is if they reply to me.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Since when can you tell if someone read a text message you sent them? I don't have any of those cool iphones or anything, so maybe I'm just not up on technology, but when I send a text message to someone, the only way I know for sure they read it is if they reply to me.
    My iPhone has a read receipt option, which I have off.

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    My phone has the option, as well, but I never use it.

I can see everyone when they read my texts and I keep it on to know how annoyed I should be by everyone.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-31027635.html

They're searching the lake near her home now.

She's not in the lake.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.u...s-intensifies/

“We are still treating this investigation as a missing person enquiry and we are committed to finding Becky and returning her home, but we need to cover every eventuality."

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    FB messenger has it so that you can see when someone has read your message. Some days I love it and some days I despise it.

The stories of people walking out of their house and just disappearing freak me the fuck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    FB messenger has it so that you can see when someone has read your message. Some days I love it and some days I despise it.

The stories of people walking out of their house and just disappearing freak me the fuck out.
    I feel totally rejected if the facebook message I've sent doesn't show up as having been read. I have such fragile self-esteem

No further news on Becky, I just hope she left home out of choice and wasn't abducted. The fact she took her phone, laptop and tablet means there's no way of tracing her last social media interactions, which could possibly give a clue as to her whereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    I don't use mine either, but that message from dad about her monthly menses is strange and creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post

BBM:

That's the fourth dimension man, don't you watch the Twilight Zone? jk
    Seriously, hope she is found alive and soon. Freaks me out too.
    Last edited by u2addict; 02-28-2015 at 03:33 AM.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
    I feel totally rejected if the facebook message I've sent doesn't show up as having been read. I have such fragile self-esteem :cry
    Awww I only get agitated about it when I can see that it's been read, but they aren't replying. And that doesn't go for everyone...just a select few people that I KNOW are taking their sweet ass time to respond just to chap my ass because I'm so fucking impatient. Also I may have mentioned this, but my memory sucks-your name reminds me of one of my nicknames for my daughter. I call her Sissy May.
    Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    I don't use mine either, but that message from dad about her monthly menses is strange and creepy.

BBM:

That's the fourth dimension man, don't you watch the Twilight Zone? jk
    Seriously, hope she is found alive and soon. Freaks me out too.
    I thought the post about her being on her cycle was weird too, but I understand his desperation. And I'm beginning to wonder about a fourth dimension. Of all horrid things I read about, people that disappear never to be found again is sooooo weird to me. I bet if I tried to disappear, people would find me in an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Two people have been arrested in connection with her disappearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
    Two people have been arrested in connection with her disappearance.
    Any news stories?

I'll find a link. It isn't her dad and step mother.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Any news stories?
    no, not at all...the news just popped in their head.

2 people arrested? but they still don't know where she is? ...well, I guess that's possible and I'm just not thinking straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    no, not at all...the news just popped in their head.
    News just pops into my head all of the time. It's how I Keep Up With The Kardashians.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    ...well, I guess that's possible and I'm just not thinking straight.
    Wouldn't necessarily be an aberration for you now, would it?

In the immortal words of Mindy Lahiri, "Never slap a slapper."
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 02-28-2015 at 11:19 AM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cca-Watts.html

Police removed a large drum from her home yesterday. It took four officers to carry it out .

Still no news on who was arrested or what's in the drum.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cca-Watts.html

They're searching a house five miles from her home right now and digging up the garden.

UncomfortablyNumb;3600189]Awww I only get agitated about it when I can see that it's been read, but they aren't replying. And that doesn't go for everyone...just a select few people that I KNOW are taking their sweet ass time to respond just to chap my ass because I'm so fucking impatient. Also I may have mentioned this, but my memory sucks-your name reminds me of one of my nicknames for my daughter. I call her Sissy May.

I thought the post about her being on her cycle was weird too, but I understand his desperation. And I'm beginning to wonder about a fourth dimension. Of all horrid things I read about, people that disappear never to be found again is sooooo weird to me. I bet if I tried to disappear, people would find me in an hour
    BBM:
    I run away every couple years, usually to the nearest hotel. Last time I ran away I was gone almost two weeks (Dec 2013)
    and DH knew where I was plus I was racking up a mighty fine Amex bill.

I'm giving up on the fourth dimension...
    Every time I try walking through walls I end up bumping my very hard head.

My money is on the parents.
    Last edited by u2addict; 03-01-2015 at 04:27 PM. Reason: fixing the quotes due to unwillingness to quote.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Two people have been arrested on suspicion of murder

2 March 2015 Last updated at 18:39

Two people have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of missing teenager Becky Watts.

A 28 year-old man and 21 year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of kidnap on Saturday and further arrested earlier, Avon and Somerset Police said.

The 16-year-old was last seen at her home in the St George area of Bristol on 19 February.

Earlier two forensics vans were seen leaving with several brown evidence bags from Becky's home.

'Critical significance'
    Three homes in the city have been searched as part of the investigation, the force said.

No further details of the identities of the two people arrested were given by police.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-31688828

More at link

They've upped the arrests to murder:

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2015-0...ion-of-murder/

A 28-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman have been arrested on suspicion of murdering missing 16-year-old Becky Watts, Avon and Somerset Police said.

Earlier police appealed for witnesses who saw a car in the "critical time period" when the 16-year-old went missing.

Officers urged anyone who saw a black Vauxhall Zafira car - registration HY06 HYA - between the morning of February 19 until February 23 to come forward.

Thread Information