Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Kalie Easton, 14, found dead. Death ruled suspicious.

Missing Kalie Easton, 14, found dead. Death ruled suspicious.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local...0cd69ff23.html

Investigation continues into death of teen found near Heyworth

BLOOMINGTON ? Authorities are continuing their investigation into the death of a 14-year-old girl, whose body was found earlier this week at a farm near Heyworth.

Kalie Easton lived in rural Bloomington, according to a statement issued Thursday by McLean County Sheriff Jon Sandage. He said authorities consider her death "suspicious in nature."

She was last seen at 6 a.m. Tuesday at her home; she was missing when her parents returned home at 5:40 p.m. and they reported her missing two hours later, police said. Her body was found about 10:45 a.m. Wednesday.

St. John's Lutheran Church, Bloomington, opened its sanctuary from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday to allow people to show support for her family. The girl's father, Shaun Easton, is a worship leader at the church.

"It is with deep sadness that we share with you the unexpected death of Kalie Easton, daughter of Shaun and Camie," said the Rev. Christine McNeal, associate pastor for member care and connections at the church, in an email to the congregation.

"Today the Easton family needs us to surround them with the love of God through our prayers," she said.

Speaking before the gathering at the church, McNeal declined to comment further, noting Kalie's death was a personal loss for the church's staff and congregation.

Although the temperature dropped from the low teens to 5 degrees overnight Tuesday, Sandage said the weather does not appear to be a factor in her death.

Sandage declined to comment on the possible cause of death. McLean County Coroner Kathy Davis' office issued no comment on the case.

Sandage said authorities think Kalie, who was home-schooled, walked away from her home. They want to hear from anyone who saw a female walking Tuesday near U.S. 51 or South Morris Avenue.

Anyone with information should call detective Cory Beverlin at 309-275-8389.
    Haven't located a Facebook for her just yet.

Here is her dad. God bless him. He's posting but I don't know how he finds the strength. https://www.facebook.com/shaun.easton1

Her mom: https://www.facebook.com/camie.easton

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    pretty girl :(
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    pretty girl :(
    Her parents, based on her father's Facebook, are really delightful people. So sad.

I can't find any social media for her. Anyone?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    She was so pretty. Very sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Yes very sad. I really never thought I'd be one of those types of parents, but I'm so afraid of the time my daughter is old enough to be out there on her own. It's getting scarier everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Her parents, based on her father's Facebook, are really delightful people. So sad.

I can't find any social media for her. Anyone?
    You won't find any social media for her, she didn't have any except maybe an instagram account. Her parents are very traditional and protective. You may have noticed the only picture of her on their facebook pages they posted today. They don't put pictures of the girls on the internet. Kalie was beautiful inside and out. This is very sad and there are so many questions.

Thanks, Magoo. I suspected that might have been the caae.

Have they any suspects? Have you heard anything?

My heart really breaks for her family. They seem to be delightful people.

Is there even any indication what COD is? This hurts my heart a bit.

This is weird.

Girl was home schooled and just walked away from her home for some unknown reason.

Does anyone get creepy church weirdo vibes?

It's odd that they have suppressed the COD and only have clarified she was found on a farm.

In this article, it states the coroner reported it was "not weather related" and "not natural causes". So that narrows it down a bit.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local...0cd69ff23.html

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Ugh. Fourteen is way too young to die.

I just hope they weren't the freakishly overprotective crazy religious parents. They don't appear to be, but appearances can be deceiving...as we all know.

I can't imagine what they're going through, but I hope that they find answers to all of their questions about how she died, and soon.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

??

I just hope they weren't the freakishly overprotective crazy religious parents. They don't appear to be, but appearances can be deceiving...as we all know.

--I know the family, and they are wonderful people.
    Have some respect. How dare you imply that they are somehow at fault or that "appearances can be deceiving." They are living every parent's worst nightmare. Nothing but condolences should be directed toward them.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsun View Post

--I know the family, and they are wonderful people.
    Have some respect. How dare you imply that they are somehow at fault or that "appearances can be deceiving." They are living every parent's worst nightmare. Nothing but condolences should be directed toward them.
    Well we just had a story posted where a retired cop shot his daughters, so appearances can be deceiving.

The police call her death suspicious, and her parents didn't report her missing for two hours after they came home (shouldn't she have been home if she was home schooled?) Why wait two hours?

I'll respectively reserve my condolences for when the suspect is named. We've seen crazier things.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Well we just had a story posted where a retired cop shot his daughters, so appearances can be deceiving.

The police call her death suspicious, and her parents didn't report her missing for two hours after they came home (shouldn't she have been home if she was home schooled?) Why wait two hours?

I'll respectively reserve my condolences for when the suspect is named. We've seen crazier things.
    I dunno, I doubt my parents would call and report me missing if I wasn't at home when they got home within 2 hours. They'd just assume I went to a friends or something. I'd possibly get grounded, but not reported missing I would think

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I dunno, I doubt my parents would call and report me missing if I wasn't at home when they got home within 2 hours. They'd just assume I went to a friends or something. I'd possibly get grounded, but not reported missing I would think
    Yeah, but were you home schooled and were your parents controlling over you to where you couldn't have social media?
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Yeah, but were you home schooled and were your parents controlling over you to where you couldn't have social media?

Yes, stranger things have happened. Perfect example was the cop story Shins referenced.

I have a feeling, though, that these parents really tried to do everything right in keeping their kids safe. Too sheltered? Perhaps. I think it lends to kids making risky choices in an effort to find that normalcy their friends seem to be living in.

There is a high probability that Kalie made a decision based on feeling too restricted that led to her death. Example: Sneaking out to meet someone, etc.

It's a damned shame. Her parents seem very nice. Her father, particularly.

But holding kids too tight can often cause them to rebel and the consequences are never, ever pretty.

There's just a huge hole in the story. It says she walked away from the home, but doesn't indicate what makes them assume that, nor give any motive to why she left or where she was going.

Sandage said authorities think Kalie, who was home-schooled, walked away from her home. They want to hear from anyone who saw a female walking Tuesday near U.S. 51 or South Morris Avenue.

My roomies nephews kids are homeschooled and very protected. But they aren't prisoners in the house. The older boy (14) has a paper route and does dog walking. The 13 year old girl is in several activities and comes and goes often. The smaller kids play with neighborhood kids and ...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I don't know why the parents assumed she ran away. Did she have a history of that type of behavior? Did she get in a fight with the parents? If they weren't there when she left how do they know she didn't leave with a friend?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Thanks, Magoo. I suspected that might have been the caae.

Have they any suspects? Have you heard anything?

My heart really breaks for her family. They seem to be delightful people.
    They are absolutely wonderful people. Because of the investigation there isn't a lot of information going out, understandably, but there aren't a whole lot of answers either. It is just really heartbreaking.

At first I debated on responding to such a post but let me clarify for any future ones. This family was far from "creepy church weirdos", they were a loving, christian family. Could the reason more information is given out is because maybe they aren't releasing because of ongoing investigation or possibly because there isn't much to go on? Please show some respect. This family is looking for answers just as much as everyone else.

Touche. But the only social media when I was in high school was AIM and ICQ lol

She kinda looks like that duck dynasty guys daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by magoozkid View Post
    At first I debated on responding to such a post but let me clarify for any future ones. This family was far from "creepy church weirdos", they were a loving, christian family. Could the reason more information is given out is because maybe they aren't releasing because of ongoing investigation or possibly because there isn't much to go on? Please show some respect. This family is looking for answers just as much as everyone else.
    Giving the parents the benefit of the doubt, this has to be basically their worst nightmare. After all the effort and care into trying to shield her from the awful shit of the world, and then have this happen. It's like something from a scary movie. And pretty heartbreaking.

Not every homeschooled child is a social reject or comes from a over-protective home. In fact I have done extensive research on the very subject and contrary to popular belief homeschooled children are extremely social, intelligent and great leaders. Most are involved in more activities than public schooled children and actually sought after by colleges because of this. My children are homeschooled and researched it well before making my decision. My children are also are not able to be on social media, it is not that uncommon. This family live there lives very simply, honoring God, and so did Kalie. It is not an issue of being sheltered or overprotected, things like material things or social media were just not important to them. The parents had it for the simple reason of sharing Shaun's music and God's love with the world around them. I rarely post pictures of my own kids on mine because of all the creepy people in the world and when I do it is for family only, could it simply be the same in this situation? Could she have went for a walk or with friends? She was an artist so could she have been out drawing something? She was reported as a possible runaway because there were no answers, she was a teenager, as a parent that is the first assumption I would make as well, you don't want to think of the horrifying alternatives. To the comments about not reporting her earlier, when I was that age I would be out for hours with friends. If my mom reported me missing every time I wasn't home in a two hour time frame, the police would have been at my house several times a week. There are so many questions, what ifs, but I assure you no one wants answers more than this beautiful girl's family. As I have said before please be respectful in your assumptions. I understand everyone has questions, I get it, but comments like the ones above don't help this family, they aren't productive in any way. If fact heaven forbid Kalie's parents or younger sisters see these comments and have it only add to their pain. This family has lost an amazing beautiful girl in a horrific way, please refrain from adding to their grief with snide comments or assumptions. I know the family very well and you couldn't be more off base with your unnecessary comments.

You are absolutely right on all accounts.

Thread Information