Thread: 24-year-old Katie Eager murdered in rage killing.

24-year-old Katie Eager murdered in rage killing.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/crime...cide/23578547/

Boyfriend charged with murder in Cedar Park homicide

CEDAR PARK, Texas -- Police have charged the boyfriend of 24-year-old Katie Eager with murder following his arrest Wednesday night at his family's San Antonio home.

It's a crime the Cedar Park police chief is now calling a "rage killing."

Police said following an interview, detectives found too many holes in Solis' story.

Combined with physical evidence at the scene it was enough evidence to lead to his arrest.

On Monday night, police say the couple got in a heated argument, over what they won't reveal, and Solis shot Eager quote "more than 5 times."

They said Solis then fled to his parent's house in San Antonio, and then returned to his apartment at the Lodge at Lakeline Village in Cedar Park on Tuesday afternoon, to call 911.

That was the first indication police had of any shooting, a crime they say showed the suspect clearly wanted her dead.

Cedar Park Police Chief Sean Mannix said, "Based on the crime scene, multiple shots, I would call it a rage killing, passion involved in this murder."

Solis posted a note on social media Monday night to "express how much hate I have for the neighbors who heard but didn't call 911. I don't think I'll ever get over the horrifying scene I came home to." (Video available at link above)

Chief Mannix says the post was likely not an expression of anger, but an expression of surprise that no one called police. He added he is disturbed that if, as neighbors told KVUE they did hear something strange, why no one picked up the phone.

"I'd heard a commotion, but that's about all I heard, and I was going to go and look out my door and see what it was, but I decided not to," said neighbor Misty Royal, who lives across from Eager.

Noemi Camero, who lives in the unit directly above Eager's, said she didn't think to call 911 because the noises suddenly stopped.

"My daughter heard the man screaming really loud. It died out just as fast. We just came out to the balcony, and we didn't see anyone," Camero said.

Eager was a a University of Texas graduate and an employee at Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline. The theater released the following statement on Wednesday:

"We are all deeply saddened by this terrible tragedy involving a member of our Alamo family. Our thoughts are with Katie's family and friends during this very difficult time. We have no further information and ask that you respect our staff's privacy at this time. Thank you."

Solis is charged with murder, with a bond of $1 million. He is in the Bexar county jail awaiting transfer to Williamson county. Police say there is evidence at the scene that Eager tried to flee before she was killed. Officers are still looking for the murder weapon.
    Adam's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adam.solis.92

Katie's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katie.eager.77
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 02-19-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Wow. What a piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'm so confused, wouldn't like, every personal murder be a 'rage killing'?

Also those neighbors are dumb.

Adam Solis FB: https://www.facebook.com/adam.solis.92?fref=ts
    Posted 23 hours ago
    I thank everyone for the heart felt condolences. I am doing as good as can be expected. Im in San Antonio, with family. I would also like to express how much hate i have for the neighbors who heard but didnt call 911. I dont think ill ever get over the horrifying scene i came home to. I love and miss you so terribly baby. You may be lost to me and our friends and families but you will never be forgotten. You are and always will be my one and only light. I love you!
    ? with Katie Eager.

I should have refreshed.

From the comment thread:

Hayley Marie Eldridge
    Only reason I'm on here is because he sent me a friend request along with every other person on Katie's friend list. I grew up with Katie but hadn't seen her since DT in high school and thought it was weird that he had sent me a friend request a month ago. The creep was obviously a little controlling, seems pretty unnecessary to try and befriend everyone from your gf's past.... Just weird. What a piece... Katie was seriously 1 in a million and he is a pathetic, insecure loser for taking her life. I get that most of yall may be his friends but I had to voice that.... Sorry.
    Last edited by M Joy; 02-19-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I'm so confused, wouldn't like, every personal murder be a 'rage killing'?

Also those neighbors are dumb.
    Ya'd think, huh? I'm not sure why they refer to it as that other than her being shot several times, which I guess is overkill in their book.

And that's a dumb term, too. Overkill.

Ok this is kinda creepy. Suspect's mom is posting baby pictures of her son on FB today. I guess she's feeling nostalgic
    https://www.facebook.com/tricia.soli...fi&pnref=story

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Ok this is kinda creepy. Suspect's mom is posting baby pictures of her son on FB today. I guess she's feeling nostalgic
    https://www.facebook.com/tricia.soli...fi&pnref=story
    #tbt #murderisfun #mylittleboyrages

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    #tbt #murderisfun #mylittleboyrages

Like she wanted her son to turn into a murderer. She's hurting. At least she's not going all crazy saying her son didn't do it and that he was framed.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Like she wanted her son to turn into a murderer. She's hurting. At least she's not going all crazy saying her son didn't do it and that he was framed.
    Nobody wants their child to turn in to a murderer, but posting baby pictures publically so soon after he committed such a heinous crime. Instead of doting over her Son so much, how about apologizing to her Family? Maybe laying low? Look at the pictures with your family at home and cry. But posting them makes a statement. A statement that says "He's my baby and always will be and I don't care that he killed that girl then lied, I still love him".

Sure you can think and feel that. Just not publically on FB for her Family, friends and public to see. It makes you look like an asshat. Her family ONLY has pictures now. Her Son is still alive.

ETA: "Hey everyone! Look at me! I still have my Family! "

Ugh.

Wait a week or so at least. Then show off your kids. Who are all still alive.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 02-19-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Most people don't take courses in Proper Public Behavior After A Tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Most people don't take courses in Proper Public Behavior After A Tragedy.
    I get it. But that doesn't mean I can't point out when they're doing it wrong lol. There's no courses on how to behave around a grieving family who lost a child either, but if you stand up at a funeral and say something like "Don't worry, you have other kids. Losing one isn't so bad", someone is going to say something

Common sense should come in to play at some point too.

I think she's probably feeling like she lost her child, too. It's devastating in another way to realize the baby you raised is a fucking murderer.

I guess seeing this mom posting those photos (along with a lot of other people who are so closely related to other tragedies we see on here), is off-putting to me because I rarely make a post on facebook to begin with, let alone post after post all day long. Just makes you wonder what's going on in their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    I guess seeing this mom posting those photos (along with a lot of other people who are so closely related to other tragedies we see on here), is off-putting to me because I rarely make a post on facebook to begin with, let alone post after post all day long. Just makes you wonder what's going on in their heads.
    If she had at least said SOMETHING about her I could see it. Then it's okay. But to not even acknowledge that her family lost a daughter, In essence ignoring her and her family's pain all together then post all about her Son (who took her from her family) is shitty to me. That's all.

She's in denial right now. I'm sure I would be, too.

Piece of shit. Literally all I can come up with at the moment. Too disgusted with the whole scenario to even put together a rational statement.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/cr.../269-351878380

The man who fatally shot his girlfriend at their Cedar Park apartment in February 2015 and called 911 the next day to report her death has pleaded guilty to her murder.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-18-2022 at 09:15 AM.

Thread Information