Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tammy Meyers, 44, shot in road rage incident, sought out her killer.

Tammy Meyers, 44, shot in road rage incident, sought out her killer.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/17/us/las...-rage-killing/

Las Vegas road rage case: Victim went back to find suspect, police say

Image courtesy ReviewJournal.

(CNN)The woman killed in an apparent road rage incident last week returned home to pick up her son and then went back out to find the man now suspected of shooting her, a Las Vegas homicide detective said Tuesday.

Tammy Meyers, a 44-year-old mother of four, had been giving her 15-year-old daughter a driving lesson Thursday when she had an encounter with another driver that left her scared and upset, Lt. Ray Steiber told reporters.

When she got home, Meyers told her daughter to go into the house, wake up the girl's brother and have him get in the car. Meyers' son Brandon, 22, brought a registered firearm with him.

Meyers drove back out of the neighborhood to see if she could find the man, Steiber said.

"The vehicles and persons found each other," he said. "Through the course of them finding each other, at one point Mrs. Meyers was following what we consider a suspect vehicle and then at another point they broke apart and Mrs. Meyers went home."

Shortly after Meyers arrived at her house a second time and got out of her car, a gray or silver sedan pulled into the cul-de-sac and a volley of shots was fired.

The son returned fire, Steiber said.

Meyers was struck in the head by one bullet and was rushed to the hospital, where she died on Valentine's Day after being taken off life support.

Steiber said the family called 911 after Meyers was shot.

The driver, described as a man in his 20s to 30, is about 6 feet tall with medium build. He wore a white V-neck T-shirt.

Steiber said authorities believe a bullet from the suspect's gun killed Meyers, and not one from the son's firearm.

The initial incident came after the suspect was speeding past Meyers as she drove her daughter home from a driving lesson. Seeing the speeding car, the daughter reached over and honked the horn.

Steiber said the man pulled in front, stopped his car and came back to the Meyers car. His words scared mother and daughter. They did not say anything to the suspect, Steiber said.

Meyers' husband spoke at a vigil for his wife on Tuesday. He said some of the facts in the case were starting to get twisted by the media.

"My son is not an animal. My son is a hero in my book," Robert Meyers said. "There were mistakes like everyone of us have made in our lives. But this particular mistake was made to keep a bigger mistake from happening. And my wife paid the ultimate price for it."

Brandon Meyers said he was trying to protect his family.

"Everyone can think what they have to think," the 22-year-old said. "I did it for a reason and I'd do it for anyone I loved."

Road rage: Cameras and guns only add to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Facebook Find Justice For Tammy: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-...-are-her-voice

Here is her husband. She's not linked into his page that I can see: https://www.facebook.com/bob.meyers.5011

The son: https://www.facebook.com/brandon.meyers.583

The daughter: https://www.facebook.com/kristal.meyers1
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 02-18-2015 at 06:35 AM.

And her GoFundMe page is getting hella heated:

LIES LIES LIES…..DO NOT DONATE…COMPLETE FRAUD!! The truth: -Tammy (who had been drinking to celebrate her son's birthday) took her daughter out driving at 11:30pm. A car passed them and TAMMY REACHED ACROSS THE CAR TO HONK THE HORN, YELL AND CUSS AT PASSING VEHICLE. -Tammy then proceeded home and got her son who was carrying a gun and together they DROVE THROUGH THE NEIGHBORHOOD LOOKING FOR THE CAR rather than staying in the safety of their home like a reasonable adult. -The other car did not follow her and her daughter home as the ENTIRE FAMILY FIRST LIED ABOUT. Her daughter did not run inside escaping gunfire AS HER ENTIRE FAMILY FIRST LIED ABOUT. -TAMMY WAS THE AGGRESSOR IN THIS SITUATION AND UNFORTUNATELY LOST HER LIFE OVER SOMETHING SO SENSELESS. -THE ENTIRE FAMILY LIED IN THE BEGINNING AND NOW THE TRUTH HAS COME OUT. SHE WAS NOT OUT BEING A "GOOD MOM" TEACHING HER DAUGHTER TO DRIVE! SHE WAS OUT ACTING LIKE A STREET THUG WHICH IS WHY HER LIFE ENDED. -DO NOT DONATE TO THESE LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.gofundme.com/mgblps

And, finally, a sketch of the shooter:

Fuck this trash 9 ways from Sunday. You go looking for hot water, you're gonna get burned.

She endangered her daughter, and then went back out looking for trouble with her armed son. Her dumb ass probably didn't even think the other guy was armed. She was fucking asking for a shoot out.

Everyone who donated to this family is a fucking idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Fuck this trash 9 ways from Sunday. You go looking for hot water, you're gonna get burned.

She endangered her daughter, and then went back out looking for trouble with her armed son. Her dumb ass probably didn't even think the other guy was armed. She was fucking asking for a shoot out.

Everyone who donated to this family is a fucking idiot.
    Yup. Some of them on the gofundme are asking for refunds

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Yup. Some of them on the gofundme are asking for refunds
    When this was first reported this weekend, they made it sounds as if this guy randomly followed them home. Now, however, the story is out.

Yeah. I have zero idea why anyone would go looking for trouble in this way. Fucking sad for her kids, but, God, what a lousy example to set for your children.

I don't feel bad for this lady one bit. Both these people thought they should go get a gun to deal with a situation. Stupid.

What a dumb dumb.

I'm just glad it was her and not her daughter. Though it sounds like she raised a class act family when she has a son who's hee-hawing to grab his gun and go with momma on a man hunt.

Keep taking eachother out, gun toters. It's your second amendment right. /wipeshandsclean
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

lolol although this could easily be WTBB's fate.

This whole thing is stupid. Don't feel sorry for her one bit.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    They made this woman sound like a victim. Haha, this was a self defense shooting!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

More sketchiness from the GoFundMe:

So wait a second now. Husband rushed to set up this Gofundme page the day she died, asking for $20,000 in donations...yet news articles indicate he's recently offered to give away his pretty darn valuable restored 1965 Chevy El Camino as a 'reward' to whomever comes forward with info leading to arrest of the alleged road-rager. Color me stupid but what's a car like that worth? A good 20K at the very, very least....possibly up to 40K. Hmmmm. http://www.8newsnow.com/story/281222...eadly-shooting

In all fairness a car like that is only worth what people can pay for it and are willing to pay, it's not a set asset like a house.

There's no fucking way a restored El Camino is worth $40k. Mayyybe $20k, and that's a stretch. But I see what they're saying.

He sure didn't hesitate to set up that page, and he sure did have a pretty generous number in mind for her funeral needs.

There's no fucking way a restored El Camino is worth $40k. Mayyybe $20k, and that's a stretch. But I see what they're saying.

He sure didn't hesitate to set up that page, and he sure did have a pretty generous number in mind for her funeral needs.
    It depends on where they live. In L.A, you could maybe get 12 grand for one. You can ask as much as you like but it's just not really a collector car.

you bring a gun to a gun fight, somebody's gonna get shot.

i want an el camino. it's like, my dream car.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

It depends on where they live. In L.A, you could maybe get 12 grand for one. You can ask as much as you like but it's just not really a collector car.
    There's a market for them here, but even a nice one doesn't go for more than $15k. My ex in highschool had an orange one.

Old/classic cars are a hot market around here in general, but when you're talking $40k on a used car, that thing better be a Shelby GT Mustang. El Caminos just don't hold up to that kind of cash, unless they have like... a caddy engine dropped inside with hydraulics.

People are still donating to this BS.

There's a market for them here, but even a nice one doesn't go for more than $15k. My ex in highschool had an orange one.

Old/classic cars are a hot market around here in general, but when you're talking $40k on a used car, that thing better be a Shelby GT Mustang. El Caminos just don't hold up to that kind of cash, unless they have like... a caddy engine dropped inside with hydraulics.
    And that's IF you find the guy with 15 grand who is just looking for that exact car. So I wouldn't critique that but I would say this woman is fucking George Zimmerman but it backfired on her.

And that's IF you find the guy with 15 grand who is just looking for that exact car. So I wouldn't critique that but I would say this woman is fucking George Zimmerman but it backfired on her.
    Exactly.

I'm going to go out on a limb and also assume this isn't the first time they've pulled this kind of vigilante shit and threatened people with guns. I can't imagine that you just one day decide you're willing to risk your families lives and take a gun out on the road over road rage. After watching the son talk about how he'd do it again, they seem like a real rip-roarin bunch.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

i'm just surprised how a person can go home to get a gun and then go looking for someone they don't know and actually find them. it takes me many stops to go looking for friends of mine and find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Why the fuck does everybody seem to have a Go Fund Me page these days? Why would somebody donate to a family who goes out armed looking for a guy who passed them? The whole thing could have been so easily avoided. What's wrong with people?

Thread Information