Thread: Bride beaten by groom on her wedding day

Bride beaten by groom on her wedding day

at 12.55am the following morning, the newlyweds decided to retire to bed and Dawson asked Golightly to help take off her wedding dress.

Instead he attacked her and she thought she was going to die.

?The defendant (Golightly) then tried to undo Ms Dawson?s dress. She received a crochet (to undo the dress with), but the defendant then refused to undo his new wife?s dress,? prosecutor Sarah Traynor told Peterlee Magistrates Court, Sunderland Echo reported.

?The defendant then jumped up from his chair, approached Ms Dawson and pushed her over.

?He then sat on top of her and started punching her with clenched fists. He then got up and left the room. It appears that the defendant then came back to the room.?

Dawson received a cut above her left eye and bruises to her face and chest.

?When I first met Gavin, he was lovely, I couldn?t fault him,? Dawson told the Sunderland Echo.

?He was caring and loving, and when we found we were having baby, we were delighted.

?I fell pregnant after eight months, but almost straight away, Gavin became controlling and manipulative. It was like walking on eggshells.

?When he lashed out at me on my wedding night, I thought I was going to die. I was terrified. He looked like he was going to kill me.?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-t-dress.html
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 02-16-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Oooooooh!

He's a handsome one!

Single now, yeah?

LINE FORMS BEHIND ME!

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

To bad the wedding night didn't golightly....

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

He also belongs to the "I've watched so much CSI that I think I can get away with killing someone" Community on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    To bad the wedding night didn't golightly....
    *insert tinny little rim shot here*

oh wow...why marry him if she already knew it was sketchy!

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Because she wanted to be married. She wanted that damn ring.

This story is so strange to me. It's like the first part of the story is missing or something.
    Why beat up somebody because you couldn't get the dress off? Odd.

Anyway, the dude says that he thinks his drink was spiked b/c he doesn't remember anything.
    http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/c...ight-1-7108581

Yea, I agree there was more then the dress... has to be. I hope , cause that's a pathetic reason for such a huge temper tantrum

I dunno, sometimes people do flip out for no reason. I have had 2 husbands that had totally unpredictable hair triggers. They would turn violent over something that they laughed at the day before. I know women the same way. For some reason I stayed surrounded by these types of people. I have been in a constant state of walking on eggshells for as long as I remember.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    It's pretty common for women who fall pregnant to marry the guy, regardless of outbursts. They just add it up as a "well, that was because of this..." or "this was a one time thing..."

From her statement, he was pretty loving up till that point. And she only got pregnant 8 months after they were together. In my experience, you never start seeing someones real side until at least a year. My last ex was a great guy on paper and partying, but behind closed doors he was a fucking nightmare and I didn't really see it until about a year in.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I dunno, sometimes people do flip out for no reason. I have had 2 husbands that had totally unpredictable hair triggers. They would turn violent over something that they laughed at the day before. I know women the same way. For some reason I stayed surrounded by these types of people. I have been in a constant state of walking on eggshells for as long as I remember.
    I'm like this too, but I'm beginning to think that this is just the state of humanity today. Or at least a majority. People are always on the defense, or looking for a reason to lose it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Having walked down the aisle for all the wrong reasons, I can confirm women do stupid things in an attempt to make things right with family. Sometimes families, in their outrage over sinful behavior on the part of their children, put pressure on to do the right thing. Sometimes marriage is the worst thing and the shame of being a single mom is the better choice.

Queenaevadamthng...That walking on eggshells becomes a way of life. It's weird when the egg shells are gone and you still try to avoid them. I'm remarried and my poor husband had to knock down some brick walls with me. I was so used to having little things be big deals, that I would hide the little things. It's hard to explain, but incredibly, it took a good amount of time to quit expecting egg shells and it made my husband feel bad that I acted that way. Fortunately, I never had to explain a whole lot because the ex and I had a couple young kids together and he was a constant fixture in my marriage. My husband got to see firsthand what I lived with for so long. I think it's sort of like PTSD. You just react, even though you know you are safe. We celebrated our 25yr anniversary on Valentines day. My husband says such sweet things to me and bares his soul to me and I feel like he really deserves someone better than me as a mate. Weird huh, It's that fucked up 10yr marriage still eating away at how I feel about myself..and I have been out of it for 30yrs. I'll never forget the feeling of getting him out of my home. I filed for divorce and neither of us would leave. We lived together for 4 months after I filed, until the judge ordered him to leave. It was like a huge weight off my shoulders to have locks changed on the doors and know that I could lock them and he would not come in. Good luck to you, although I'm still hoping your ex-asshole will win the darwin award instead. Don't you have gutters he needs to clean and a rickety ladder you could offer him?

Angry yea

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Oooooooh!

He's a handsome one!

Single now, yeah?

LINE FORMS BEHIND ME!

what a charmer.....i'be in line behind u ...good man is hard to find..

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewDaniela View Post
    what a charmer.....i'be in line behind u ...good man is hard to find..
    Oh! Hello Agata. A good brain seems to be hard to find too I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

The Dr. Is now separated. After 20 years mine decided to go bat shit insane. You think you know someone...

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMichaelBaden View Post
    The Dr. Is now separated. After 20 years mine decided to go bat shit insane. You think you know someone...
    Interesting place to post this.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Thread Information