Robert Wooten was linked to the 1979 disappearance and possible murder of a teen-aged Dixonville girl whose fate remains unknown for her family and area law agencies.

Evelyn Louise Davis, 17, was sunbathing in her backyard June 21 when someone she knew asked her to accompany him to meet a friend of hers. She was never seen or heard from again.

The incident was first treated as a routine runaway, but an anonymous letter sent to county officials a year afterward turned authorities to different suspicions.

The writer claimed the girl was slain by the man she was last seen with, and provided information which led law officers to finding the girl's clothes hidden in the Alpha St. home of one of the suspect's relatives and where he once resided.

That suspect was reported to be serving three life sentences for a triple homicide for which he was arrested two weeks after Louise's disappearance.

THE DESCRIPTION FIT Robert Wooten convicted in the bludgeon deaths of Deborah Davis Taylor and her two children June 26, 1979, in their W. Eighth St. home. He is serving three consecutive life sentences for the killings.

The late Mayor William Devon was a city detective when Louise Davis was first reported missing, and he verified Wooten was reported the man last seen with Louise at the Stop and Go store on Pennsylvania Ave.

Devon, who had obtained a confession from Wooten in the triple Taylor murders, was among those who searched the East End home after the anonymous letter was received in 1980.

The law men hunted through the basement of the home, and found tucked in corner rafters a brown bag containing articles of clothing. The items included a bikini bottom, small tank top and a pair of jeans. "Right at that moment I knew she was dead, and I was positive who did it," Devon recalled.

"The jeans really stuck out in my mind," Devon said, "because they had some sort of red design on the pockets. I remembered from reports that the jeans Louise Davis was wearing had a red design. Her parents later identified the clothes, but I already knew they were hers. My God, I knew."
The article is quite a bit longer:

http://www.eastliverpoolhistoricalso...ouisedavis.htm