Thread: 2 mth old Zeeland Grove died after his dad hit him in the head with a coffee mug during a domestic dispute with mom

2 mth old Zeeland Grove died after his dad hit him in the head with a coffee mug during a domestic dispute with mom

CANTON, Ohio - Police say a baby was killed when it was struck in the head with a ceramic coffee mug during a dispute between the baby?s mother and father on Tuesday.

Canton Police say they responded to the Akron?s Children Hospital at about 2 a.m. for a baby with a serious head injury.

Police say they learned nearly 2-month-old Zeeland Grove was struck in the head with a ceramic coffee mug thrown during a dispute between Zeeland?s mother and father.

Zeeland was pronounced dead at about 11:30 a.m.

Anthony Grove, 34, has been charged with Murder, Child Endangering and Domestic Violence.

"Shocking, he loved that baby," said next door neighbor Edwin Davis who said he had been drinking with Grove earlier in the night.

"He was over here, then he went home and I guess they got into an argument," Davis said. "He was so happy to see the baby getting ready to come home and then tragedy happens."

Grove got out of jail just last month after serving time for theft but when he failed to appear in court a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Now he's behind bars.

Wow, that split second has ruined so many lives

Oh wow. I have thrown things at my husband in our younger, dumber days. This is tragic.

Yea me too, I'd like too think I would NEVER do it while they were holding a tiny baby, but in that moment when your lacking any kinda impulse control who knows.

Good Lord. Seriously?

This shit will haunt him for the rest of his life. I hope it does.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

i'm happy to see people aren't out for blood on this one. the guy is a douchebag, he deserves to be in jail for killing his baby and beating on his wife but this shit is such an awful mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i'm happy to see people aren't out for blood on this one. the guy is a douchebag, he deserves to be in jail for killing his baby and beating on his wife but this shit is such an awful mistake.
    I knew there had to be more to the story.

It seems that the local paper says that the mom was holding the baby when he threw the mug.

http://www.cantonrep.com/article/201...NEWS/150219946
    Officers believe his 34-year-old mother was holding him during a domestic fight at 821 10th St. NW. - See more at: http://www.cantonrep.com/article/201....4A1SoNkP.dpuf

well, that makes him infinitely more shitty. i take it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    When my son was an infant he fell asleep in my arms and I tried to reach over him to grab the remote. I managed to get it, but as I was carefully trying to slowly bring it over him (I was holding him in my left arm, the remote was on the left arm of the couch so I had to reach across him with my right arm) I dropped it right on his face. I cried more than he did. I felt so bad. And then I did the same thing to my daughter with my phone. Again I cried more than she did.

This makes me glad that the worst thing I have ever thrown while mad was one time and it was a pencil. But my ex wasn't holding a baby and I was secretly hoping that I threw it hard enough for it to stab him.

I get that he wasn't trying to harm the baby purposely, but throwing something at the mother while she's holding baby is pretty fucking stupid. I hope it does haunt him for the rest of his life.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I fell asleep holding my newborn daughter in the hospital hours after having her and dropped her slightly between the mattress and the bedrail. Her head whacked against the rail. Scariest part was, if the rail had not been positioned exactly like it was, she would have fallen to the hard floor. Scared the absolute shit out of me. I was convinced I had damaged her permanently. She barely even noticed.

Wow, incredibly stupid thing to do, and only like 30 minutes from me. Gauged ears with no gauges in look so gross. But, I suppose he has a pretty sweet faux hawk?

Thread Information