Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beauty queen Tara Grinstead missing from Ocilla, GA since 10/22/05

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Sorry to double post. It looks like this guy did a podcast on the case last year, and he says he received new tips every week after he did it. I wonder if this caused someone to come out of the woodwork with the info? It will be an interesting refresh on the case to listen to it now that they have found this guy.

http://www.upandvanished.com/
    A friend of mine who just listened to the podcast is the one who cued me in that there was an update. Apparently, the podcast was pretty excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    See, this is exactly what I was talking about earlier. Time passes, and people no longer have the relationships they once had with people, and then they start spilling the beans. I hope this happens in some of the other old missing persons cases.
    Which is another way to say "people have no morality until they don't feel like they owe anyone anything."

If I know a motherfucker is guilty of some horrible shit, let me rest you assured I will be the first one in line to rat a bitch out. Fuck that shit. I'm not carrying your bullshit on my goddamn conscience.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

This is probably the first missing person case I actively followed; how gratifying to see some measure of justice after it seemed destined to remain unsolved.

Rest well, Tara.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/doze...tead/498308864

searching a pecan farm for remains, says they have found "evidence"

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Which is another way to say "people have no morality until they don't feel like they owe anyone anything."

If I know a motherfucker is guilty of some horrible shit, let me rest you assured I will be the first one in line to rat a bitch out. Fuck that shit. I'm not carrying your bullshit on my goddamn conscience.
    Yup, I'd rat the mother fucker out 5 minutes after he told me this shit.

I listened to the latest podcast about this last night and apparently Ryan Duke told someone TEN YEARS AGO that he had killed her and put her body on a pecan farm. And cause they were all drinking at a party, they thought he was joking.

I am fairly certain he didn't do this alone. The podcast blanked out the names of someone else they suspect to be involved and insinuated that he is currently nowhere to be found.

2nd person charged in her disappearance/murder

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-new...9arwjNCGRzngP/

Seriously....a dude named Bo Dukes???

Meet Bo Dukes

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Those crazy Duke boys, at it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Dukes and Duke - who would have known?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/poli...case/499350917

Tara Grinstead's sister says she's known suspect's family for years: 'It's unreal'
    That is pretty creepy, but I don't think people realize how often that happens.

I don't know if I'm buying the robbery motive. Most people rob people when they aren't home. I think she could have been targeted because she lived alone.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

The gag order is being challenged by the media in the general area.

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/ne...ea3b2ac12.html

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/ryan...case/511844341

Duke (singular) has been indicted on murder and concealing murder charges.

But a shocking twist came in February, when a woman, Brooke Sheridan, came forward to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation with information from the man she loves ? her boyfriend, Bo Dukes.

"I felt like I was gonna be sick. I didn't know who I was staring at. I didn't know who he was," Sheridan told "48 Hours" correspondent Peter Van Sant in her only interview.

Dukes confided to Sheridan that his friend, Ryan Duke, had told him that he had killed Grinstead back in 2005. Duke convinced Dukes to help him dispose of her body. Both men were former students in Grinstead's history class.

"Why would Ryan Duke have murdered Tara Grinstead?" Van Sant asked.

"He said, 'That's something that only God and Ryan know,'" Sheridan said.

Sheridan faced a moral dilemma: turning in the man she loved, or keeping his confession to herself.

"And I knew that he would probably serve the rest of his life in jail," Sheridan said. "That family's peace to me was more important than his freedom."

That's when Sheridan went to authorities telling them she knew what happened to Grinstead and where her remains could be found. Then she confronted Dukes.

"I said, 'You need to confess. You need to own to what you've done and confess.' I said, 'Because that family deserves to know,'" Sheridan said.

"And what does Bo say?" Van Sant asked.

"He says, 'I just want her family to know,'" Sheridan said.

Duke was arrested and charged with murder. Dukes, who is not related, was charged with concealing her death and is expected to be the star witness against Duke.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tara-gri...olice-suspect/

A close friend and the sister of Tara Grinstead are anything but impressed after learning about a south Georgia woman who claims she's the one who led investigators to Grinstead's alleged killer.

A story aired on CBS This Morning Thursday about Brooke Sheridan who told CBS' 48 Hours that she's the tipster who cracked the 11-year-old murder mystery.

Grinstead, an Ocilla school teacher, went missing in October 2005, and her case became the biggest missing-person case in the GBI's history.

In February, the GBI charged Ryan Duke with killing her.

draft
    Ryan Duke

"She's just seeking attention," said Wendy McFarland about Sheridan. McFarland was a close friend of Grinstead's. They both taught at Irwin County High School.

Anita Gattis, Grinstead's sister, had even less to say about Sheridan.

"She's not worth it," Gattis said when asked for a response to Sheridan's story on CBS This Morning.

The GBI could not confirm that Sheridan's tip lead them to Duke or if Sheridan is eligible for the reward money associated with the case.

Sheridan told 48 Hours that her boyfriend, Bo Dukes, confessed to her that he was involved in the case.
    http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/tar...tory/441194647

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    So he allegedly killed Tara, then held two women at gunpoint and raped one of them? The human race is better off without this piece of shit. Off this motherfucker already.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Kind of creepy knowing I probably shopped at some of the same places he frequented. Warner Robins is getting bigger, but at the same time, it's a small town where everyone knows everyone. I've since moved out of the area, but I always run into people that I know everywhere I go (when I'm back in town).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

It says her body was never found, but then they say they found bone fragments. Were they not able to test them?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    It says her body was never found, but then they say they found bone fragments. Were they not able to test them?
    I had the same thought. Maybe because they were so burned they couldn't recover DNA?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    https://newschannel9.com/news/local/...la-up-vanished

Juror kicked off jury as Grinstead murder trial heads into closing arguments

https://newschannel9.com/news/local/...la-up-vanished
    The past couple of days of the Depp vs. Heard trial were boring. I could see a juror nodding off after having to sit and listen to hours and hours of testimony. However, this juror worked nights; he should have never been on the jury.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...death-84860999

Jury finds man not guilty of murder in teacher's death
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 09:36 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    WTF
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

How does the guy who disposed of the body get 25 years and the killer gets 10? How did that jury not convict him? He confessed!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Bo Dukes pleads guilty to lesser charges in the rape of two women:

A man imprisoned for concealing the death of Georgia teacher Tara Grinstead has pleaded guilty to reduced charges in two unrelated rape cases in a deal that lets him avoid additional prison time.

Houston County Superior Court records show that Bo Dukes agreed to plea deals Nov. 13 to settle charges that he had raped women in 2017 and 2019 after threatening them with weapons. Prosecutors agreed to let Dukes plead guilty to aggravated assault with intent to rape in both cases. He also pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, while more than a dozen other counts were dismissed.

The sentences Dukes, 39, received won't add to the 25-year prison term he is currently serving for his role in Grinstead's death and disappearance. The plea deal was first reported by WALB-TV.

A high school teacher and former beauty queen, Grinstead vanished in 2005 from her home in rural Irwin County. Her fate remained a mystery for more than a decade until Dukes' friend with a similar last name, Ryan Duke, told Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents that he strangled Grinstead and enlisted Dukes to help burn her body.

A jury convicted Dukes of concealing Grinstead's death in 2019. After recanting his confession, Duke was convicted of the same charge in 2022, but acquitted of murder. Additional charges related to Grinstead's death are still pending in a neighboring county where the men burned her body in a pecan orchard.

Dukes was also indicted in 2019 in two rape cases with no connection to Grinstead's death and disappearance.

He was charged with raping a woman while threatening her with a knife on Jan. 19, 2017, just a few weeks before his arrest in the Grinstead case. Dukes was indicted for a second rape after two women accused him of sexually assaulting them at gunpoint on Jan. 1, 2019. Dukes was free on bond at the time, awaiting trial for hiding Grinstead's death.

A judge last month sentenced Dukes to 10 years in prison for each reduced rape count, plus five years for illegally possessing a gun. According to court records, the plea deal allows the time Dukes serves for Grinstead's death to also count toward those new sentences.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bo-duke...ty-rape-cases/
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Bo Dukes pleads guilty to lesser charges in the rape of two women:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bo-duke...ty-rape-cases/

"a deal that lets him avoid additional prison time."

What the ever lovin fark.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Thread Information