Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Mangan (16) shot and killed by Maxwell Morton (16). Morton then posted a selfie with Mangans body

Tool or not, I still don't understand how everyone is waving guns around all over social media and no one is the wiser. It's so fucking infuriating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

pretty sure there is a picture of me on the internet holding a gun...
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    pretty sure there is a picture of me on the internet holding a gun...
    Were you sixteen and flashing it like a hoodlum to up your street cred?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Were you sixteen and flashing it like a hoodlum to up your street cred?
    nah, and honestly, it's a lighter holder shaped like a gun. i give up. kids are shitty.

So. That's the victim, yeah?

Jesus. Where are their parents?

I monitor my kids on their social media all the time, and they're all over 18.

They must think that's awesome !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    They must think that's awesome !!!
    Actually, they do. They tag me in their photos and we joke around all the time. I guess I'm lucky. They're friends are always asking, "Why do you hang out with your mom so much?"

Without a doubt, my kids are my best friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Oh for fucks sake. You can fuck right off. The kids weren't having a shootout in the house. One was shot in the face and the other took a selfie with the body. This picture is totally irrelevant. Well done, you giant tool
    Why are you calling this person names and telling them to fuck off? Nothing bad was said about the victim. It's a picture authorities found in the victim's cell phone of him posing WITH THE GUN THAT KILLED HIM! (http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...t_in_face.html) How is that "totally irrelevant"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Might have been more relevant had they explained it instead of it appearing as if it were simply a drive by shooting.

Pun intended.

How could it be a drive by shooting...did he turn back around for the drive by selfie?

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    How could it be a drive by shooting...did he turn back around for the drive by selfie?
    She means the post of the gun pic from a noob. Smh. More wine please.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Might have been more relevant had they explained it instead of it appearing as if it were simply a drive by shooting.

Pun intended.

I agree it would have been best if the picture had been posted with an explanation, but I still think telling somethingvague to fuck off was a bit extreme. (And it took me all of two minutes to determine the relevance of the photo, which I certainly would have done before attacking someone for posting it. Gnome sayin?)
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

To each his own.

I can easily see how someone could be offended by seeing the victim brandished in such a way. Without clarification, it can appear as if their death is being mocked and belittled in some fashion.

This was a heinous crime. And posting a photo of this young man, say, choking a kitten doesn't make it any less so.

I learned early on to have a thick skin here.

You take your knocks, and you move along.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    She means the post of the gun pic from a noob. Smh. More wine please.
    oh, I get it. I only half ass read what was going on while I was yelling at my son to stop killing his sister on a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    I agree it would have been best if the picture had been posted with an explanation, but I still think telling somethingvague to fuck off was a bit extreme. (And it took me all of two minutes to determine the relevance of the photo, which I certainly would have done before attacking someone for posting it. Gnome sayin?)
    What relevance did you determine it was after 2 minutes, exactly? Other than the fact it was of the kid who was shot in the face in his own house?

What relevance did you determine it was after 2 minutes, exactly? Other than the fact it was of the kid who was shot in the face in his own house?
    Well, the article you posted says Ryan was killed with a 9mm, and then I see a picture of Ryan holding what certainly looks like it could be a 9mm, so I Googled "Ryan Mangan 9mm photo," and the second article I clicked on held the answer.

No one is saying what happened to Ryan is less awful because there is a photo of him with the weapon. It is, however, unusual to see a selfie of a murder victim playing with a gun (possibly moments) before his "friend" uses it to kill him (and then takes a selfie with the dead victim). I guess I just don't understand the outrage.

I'd like to know where these two got the gun, but police say they're still trying to determine that.

http://www.wtae.com/news/jeannette-m...lling/31177394

Jeannette murder suspect allegedly sent messages to victim's girlfriend after killing

(Feb. 9, 2015) JEANNETTE, Pa. -- Friends of a Westmoreland County teenager found shot to death inside his home said the suspected killer sent out messages after the shooting.

Ryan Mangan, 16, was found dead Wednesday inside his Rankin Avenue home in Jeannette. In the hours following the killing, Mangan's girlfriend said the alleged shooter, Maxwell Morton, 16, sent her a message on Facebook.

"The night it happened, he messaged me and was just like, 'Yo.' The next day, I didn't read it until Thursday, and I was like, 'What's up?' He was like, 'Ryan got shot in the head. I'm sorry,'" said Brianna Kelly.

Kelly said Morton then elaborated with how he would miss Mangan.

"'It's going to be rough. He was my A1. It's not going to be the same without him,'" Kelly said Morton told her.

But Kelly and Mangan's other friends believe the shooting was intentional because police said Morton took a selfie with Mangan's body in the background and sent it to someone else on Snapchat.

"How do you accidentally take a picture? How do you accidentally take a selfie? You don't do that. You don't," Kelly said.

"I want to know why they did it to him. Why they would leave his body for his mother to clean up. And then stand here, blatantly smile at a phone while somebody is in the background with a gunshot to their face?" said friend Joscelyn Elias.

Police said Morton confessed to the shooting, but police did not elaborate on a motive. District Attorney John Peck said Monday morning detectives were still investigating a motive and ownership of the handgun used in the shooting.

News of the killing and the subsequent sending of the selfie caused news of the case to spread around the world. Mangan's friends said a GoFundMe account set up to help offset funeral expenses was drawing donations from across the country and even people in Europe.

"You think you're cool and you're going to be famous because you killed someone. No, you're not the famous one. Ryan is the famous one," friend Haley Farro said.

Morton remains in a juvenile detention facility in Hempfield Township. He is charged as an adult with criminal homicide, first-degree murder and possession of a firearm by a minor.

Friends said all they can do now is honor Mangan's memory by looking for the positives in life, as he would have wanted them to do. They printed memorial shirts with Mangan's picture on them that read "Stay Gold" on the back.

"There's always a gold lining on that cloud you see. Meaning, no matter what rough spot that you're in, there's always going to be your golden part of your life. That was the golden part of our life; he was the golden part of our life," Farro said.

Just because this kid took a pic with a gun doesn't mean he deserved to be shot. It really pisses me off when people blame the victim.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Just because this kid took a pic with a gun doesn't mean he deserved to be shot. It really pisses me off when people blame the victim.
    But ... no one blamed the victim, and no one said he deserved to be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Well, the article you posted says Ryan was killed with a 9mm, and then I see a picture of Ryan holding what certainly looks like it could be a 9mm, so I Googled "Ryan Mangan 9mm photo," and the second article I clicked on held the answer.

No one is saying what happened to Ryan is less awful because there is a photo of him with the weapon. It is, however, unusual to see a selfie of a murder victim playing with a gun (possibly moments) before his "friend" uses it to kill him (and then takes a selfie with the dead victim). I guess I just don't understand the outrage.

I'd like to know where these two got the gun, but police say they're still trying to determine that.

http://www.wtae.com/news/jeannette-m...lling/31177394
    Nowhere in any article I've seen does it say that the picture of Mangan with a gun happened anywhere near the time of him being shot. Regardless if it was minutes before or not, it was still intentional by Morton. It is pretty apparent, with no other comments or opinions by the poster, that it was posted to indicate the victim is partially to blame. That's what I was addressing. I am sure there are lots of that kid on the internet right now, and the poster chose to post the one with the victim holding a gun. Their intent is obvious. Your right, no one said he deserved to be shot, but the picture, in the context it was posted, the poster didn't need to say outright. It is implied.

If you look at their friends facebook pages these kids were not doing things I would want my teens doing.
    I don't think this teenager deserved to be shot or anything like that but I am wondering if the two teens were being immature together and that is how he ended up dead. If they were part of the same group then it doesn't make sense that he would have shot him, however if they were messing around with a gun it could have been an accident.
    The photo however lends it to seem less accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Defy Gravity View Post
    If you look at their friends facebook pages these kids were not doing things I would want my teens doing.
    I don't think this teenager deserved to be shot or anything like that but I am wondering if the two teens were being immature together and that is how he ended up dead. If they were part of the same group then it doesn't make sense that he would have shot him, however if they were messing around with a gun it could have been an accident.
    The photo however lends it to seem less accidental.
    lol Less accidental? If I ever shot a friend of mine in the face, I sure as well wouldn't take a selfie with his fresh corpse. I also would have called an ambulance, and I would also not just leave, and leave my friend for his mother to find him like that. Those are pretty good indicators that this was nowhere near accidental I would have to say

I'm not understanding the rage around the picture of the victim with a gun.

Unless you get upset at someone possibly painting a picture that these kids felt pretty familiar with guns. Considering there's no motive (that we know of) of this disgusting act, I think it tells a lot. Perhaps they were playing chicken.

In any case, I feel sorry for the mom who found her kid shot in the face. I don't know the background of her story, but since I haven't heard anything about a dad, I'm assuming single parent?

And can we please not blame the parents for fucking everything their teenage kid is involved with? My mom was strict as fuck and I still found ways to get into trouble and do stupid shit. Single parenting is fucking hard, since you can't split your body in two and have one work while the other monitors your almost adult child.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

i'm not outraged, but i did think it was strange and unusual that someone who never posts took the time to post a picture of the victim with a gun but not leave an explanation. i don't think it's relevant. so the victim posed with a gun to look hard or whatever. the perpetrator is a psycho dick who shot him and then posed with the body. it's not like he died in a drive-by or a gang fight. the picture insinuates that he was a trouble maker, looking for a fight. posting the picture is shades of trayvon and the middle finger.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i'm not outraged, but i did think it was strange and unusual that someone who never posts took the time to post a picture of the victim with a gun but not leave an explanation. i don't think it's relevant. so the victim posed with a gun to look hard or whatever. the perpetrator is a psycho dick who shot him and then posed with the body. it's not like he died in a drive-by or a gang fight. the picture insinuates that he was a trouble maker, looking for a fight. posting the picture is shades of trayvon and the middle finger.
    Completely disagree.

I don't see why it matters how much the poster posts. Maybe he didn't comment at all to leave it open for interpretation, or maybe he didn't feel like sharing what he was thinking about it but found the picture and decided to share since you know... this thread is about him getting shot in the face and the picture is of him with a gun (maybe by the same gun as in that pic? who knows.)

I don't see how anyone can say it's irrelevant at all. If that picture in your mind insinuates this was some kind of gang bang, then I think perhaps you're feeding too much into stuff you see on tv, or not thinking a little closer to home.

The kid was shot in the face with no motive by a supposed "friend" who shared it on an app. Obviously the kids had access to guns and were comfortable with them. This picture shows that, and adds a little insight into their after school life, which is entirely 100% relevant. It doesn't say "LOOK HE'S IN A GANG!" It says "he's familiar with and has access to guns", which opens the door to this being a possible game of chicken. I'm not grabbing for straws on that, that's a real, stupid, game that some people play. A sort of Russian Roulette, if you will.

Sorry, but tough shit if people assume you're up to no good when you take pictures of a gun next to your face. That's not something most normal people do. If people make assumptions about you causing an issue that lead to your death, that's their own choice to assume and not neccessarily one I'm going to immediately jump on board with. But to say a picture of you with a gun is irrelevant to how you died when your friend shot you in the face is a bit of optimistic ignorance.

I think it's extreme to compare it to TM. The scenarios and circumstances aren't at all the same. The media sharing TM's middle finger photos were supposed to shock the media that he was this huge horrible kid, when in reality, but the difference is that tons of kids his age have pics with middle fingers. There aren't tons of teenagers who post pics of themselves with guns. TM was hunted down while walking home unarmed. We have no idea what these kids were doing.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Basically, I don't understand the comparison to Trayvon because:

A. A picture of a kid with a gun could shine perspective on why/how his own colleague managed to shoot him.

B. A picture of a kid flippin the bird has no connection to why a middle aged stranger would stalk and shoot him.

lol Less accidental? If I ever shot a friend of mine in the face, I sure as well wouldn't take a selfie with his fresh corpse. I also would have called an ambulance, and I would also not just leave, and leave my friend for his mother to find him like that. Those are pretty good indicators that this was nowhere near accidental I would have to say
    We have no idea what these teens were doing before hand. We have no idea if they were sober or not.
    The fact that he messaged the girlfriend to express sympathy makes me wonder how much more is to the story.
    The only factor in this that makes it seem like it was on purpose is the photo.
    The teen running and leaving him is a fairly normal teenage response sadly. He sees his friend is shot dead and doesn't want to get into trouble. Teens are frequently exceptionally self centered and think only in the short term. Not all of them would react like that but I can easily see a scared teenager reacting this way.

Thread Information