Thread: 2 dead in apparent murder-suicide at University of South Carolina.

2 dead in apparent murder-suicide at University of South Carolina.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/05...outh-carolina/

2 dead in apparent murder-suicide at University of South Carolina; threat over

Authorities responded Thursday afternoon to a murder-suicide at the University of South Carolina, The State newspaper reported, citing a 'law enforcement official close to the situation.'

The shooting, which prompted a campus-wide lockdown and large police response, occurred at around 1:20 p.m. inside the New School of Public Health Research Building. Columbia police held a brief press conference and confirmed two people were dead as a result of what appeared to be a murder-suicide.

The identities of the shooter and victim was not immediately clear.

The paper reported that police, dressed in SWAT gear and carrying AR-15s, conducted a floor-to-floor search in the building.

Thom Berry, a state law enforcement division spokesman, said he does not have any other details about the apparent murder-suicide. He says the two were found in the public health building but would not say where.

Berry says there was "no active shooter situation." He called the situation very isolated.

Hayden Dunn, a senior from Myrtle Beach, said he was in the building about 1 p.m., getting in an elevator to change classes, when a police officer also got inside. Dunn said the officer asked whether anyone had heard gunshots, but they hadn't. Dunn said he went to class, then an alarm sounded five minutes later, and people rushed outside. Another office told him shots had been fired, he said.

"Otherwise, you wouldn't have known anything happened," Dunn said.

Roads were blocked, but students still walked around campus, and cars drove. One student even posted a picture on Twitter of a barricaded classroom door.

The shooting happened a couple of blocks from the Statehouse in downtown Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/06...outh-carolina/

A professor at the University of South Carolina's school of public health reportedly was killed in an apparent murder-suicide Thursday afternoon.

The State newspaper reported that the victim was Raja Fayad, 45, head of the division of applied physiology and an expert in colon cancer at the university's Arnold School of Public Health. The paper reported late Thursday that law enforcement officials were at a home Fayad owned in suburban Lexington County, just outside Columbia.

The shooter's name was not immediately released.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...neighbors.html

I think his ex killed him.

A Lebanese cancer researcher was has been identified as the victim of a murder suicide on the University of South Carolina's campus.

Raja Fayad, a graduate director and expert in colon cancer, was gunned down at the Public Health Research Center in the first multiple shooting on the site in 30 years.

Neighbors said the 45-year-old, who completed his MD in Syria before moving to the United States, recently ended a 'stormy relationship' with a woman he was living with, described as his girlfriend.

Fathi Elsahli told The State the situation had deteriorated when he moved out to be with another woman.

Fayad and his ex are believed to have moved from Chicago, where Fayad had been teaching. She settled in August after getting a job, but then lost it, the paper reported.

Helena Sanford, who lives next door, said the Faya's ex girlfriend told her that Internet service and electricity had been cut off at the home.

She told the paper: 'It's devastating. It's a terrible waste of life.'

Fayad came to USC in 2008 from the University of Illinois-Chicago as an associate professor in the Arnold School of Public Health, according to his online biographical information. He earned his MD at Aleppo University School of Medicine in Syria in 1995.

Many students rated Fayad highly before his death, suggesting he made Exercise Science 223, a anatomy and physiology course, bearable.

On the anonymous review site Rate My Professor Fayad earned a 4.7 on a 5.0 scale. Some of the comments included were: 'Dr. Fayad is the man. He is super laid back and loves the material he teaches. ... One of the best professors I’ve had.

(more available at the link above)

finally. i was wondering when you were going to post a murder-suicide perpetrated by a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    finally. i was wondering when you were going to post a murder-suicide perpetrated by a woman.
    There definitely isn't as many murder-suicides where the woman killed the man. Okay, okay, I will take one for the team.

Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information