Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bud and June Runion murdered after going to buy a classic car on Craigslist

Bud and June Runion murdered after going to buy a classic car on Craigslist

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-18-2022 at 03:59 PM.

I might be out of date, but who still uses craigslist? You always see person ended up scammed/dead/missing after answering craigslist ad. Never person answered craigslist ad and found money/treasure/long lost anything. I thought it was common knowledge craigslist is nothing but murderers and pedophiles.

This is not good.

So the burner cell is still pinging? Well hopefully they can trace it.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 01-24-2015 at 08:52 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

This really pisses me off, ugh.

I swear if this guy selling the car did something as a huge plan of murdering them, I will go NUTS.

Are people really that bored to make up craigslist ads to lure people into being murdered??
    Hoping that's not the case, but let's be realistic. Burner phone, hmm suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by 48nascarfan View Post
    I might be out of date, but who still uses craigslist? You always see person ended up scammed/dead/missing after answering craigslist ad. Never person answered craigslist ad and found money/treasure/long lost anything. I thought it was common knowledge craigslist is nothing but murderers and pedophiles.
    Literally everyone but you apparently.

Craigslist is no more full of murderers and whatnot than any other online function or the want ads ever were. My boyfriend uses Craigslist all the time for selling and buying music gear. I don't know anyone who has ever experienced fraud through craigslist, and I know a bunch of people who have used it to buy cars.

I found one of my best roommates via Craigslist and we are still good friends.

Literally everyone but you apparently.

Craigslist is no more full of murderers and whatnot than any other online function or the want ads ever were. My boyfriend uses Craigslist all the time for selling and buying music gear. I don't know anyone who has ever experienced fraud through craigslist, and I know a bunch of people who have used it to buy cars.

I found one of my best roommates via Craigslist and we are still good friends.
    I know people that have gotten really great deals on CL and I know people that have been scammed and fucked over. CL scares me too. I have a bunch of stuff that I would like to sell on it, but then I think about how much the stuff is worth vs. how much I don't want to be tied up in some killer's basement, and I just forget about it.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I use Craigslist too. I never met at my home, always in public, and never alone.

I hope they're found soon. It's not looking good.

I hoping with all of my spirit that this couple just chose to do some kinda impromptu second honeymoon thing. Turn this scary story into a sweet one.

I adopted my beloved Beagle on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I adopted my beloved Beagle on Craigslist.
    I've hired several caregivers for Mom via Craigslist.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Craig's list is like any other business in the sense that some people have positive experiences, others have negative. I would say in this particular case, this couple would probably be in the negative experience category, being that they are probably dead and all.
    They made it to their destination(which was 3 hours from their house) two days ago. It's not looking good for them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I grew up in Marietta and still live very close by, and I could swear I know these people from somewhere (I've been trying to get my parents on the phone to ask them). I feel like they either went to my church at some point or maybe June taught at one of my schools. She currently works at a church preschool, but I saw an article comment that said she taught elementary school at some point. (I sent my sis a text, and she also said they seem familiar, so I don't think I'm totally imagining things.)

I tried to dig through the FB page, but all the "Craigslist should be banned!!" comments were killing me ... not to mention the "Have you tried to contact the person who placed the ad?" comments. Well freakin duh!

Regardless, it doesn't sound good.

And the header has her name as Jane, but it's June :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

If the destination was 3 hours away and there is confirmation that they arrived there, isn't it more likely that something happened to them on the drive back? Lots of cars get in accidents and aren't recovered for long periods of time. It's entirely possible that this has nothing to do with craigslist and entirely to do with the drive,

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    I grew up in Marietta and still live very close by, and I could swear I know these people from somewhere (I've been trying to get my parents on the phone to ask them). I feel like they either went to my church at some point or maybe June taught at one of my schools. She currently works at a church preschool, but I saw an article comment that said she taught elementary school at some point. (I sent my sis a text, and she also said they seem familiar, so I don't think I'm totally imagining things.)

I tried to dig through the FB page, but all the "Craigslist should be banned!!" comments were killing me ... not to mention the "Have you tried to contact the person who placed the ad?" comments. Well freakin duh!

Regardless, it doesn't sound good.

And the header has her name as Jane, but it's June :)
    If the destination was 3 hours away and there is confirmation that they arrived there, isn't it more likely that something happened to them on the drive back? Lots of cars get in accidents and aren't recovered for long periods of time. It's entirely possible that this has nothing to do with craigslist and entirely to do with the drive,
    I totally spaced on the name. If one of the Mods could change it to June, I would appreciate it!

If they drove one car down and then bought the car, wouldn't they be driving separate cars back to Marietta then? I don't know, but I think that the odds that they both got into an accident and either slid down into a ravine unnoticed, or are in a hospital with amnesia, are pretty slim.

If definitely doesn't HAVE to be the CL person that did them in though. Maybe on the way to buy the car, after they reached their general destination, they got carjacked or something. It is possible.

Or they got into an accident before they reached their destination. Or they didn't buy the car and got into an accident on the way back.

A lot of people are in car accidents and go undiscovered for a long period of time.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    if there's anything i've learned from reading all the missing person websites it's to check bodies of water close to the roadways.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

OK so I wasn't imagining things. My mom said she thinks the Runions were my aunt/uncle/cousins' neighbors back in the 70s/80s. We're gonna ask my cousin.

One thing I just learned on the 11 p.m. news ... Mr. Runion made a Craigslist ad looking for this specific car, and someone responded to it ... for what it's worth. I thought it was vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I totally spaced on the name. If one of the Mods could change it to June, I would appreciate it!

If they drove one car down and then bought the car, wouldn't they be driving separate cars back to Marietta then? I don't know, but I think that the odds that they both got into an accident and either slid down into a ravine unnoticed, or are in a hospital with amnesia, are pretty slim.

If definitely doesn't HAVE to be the CL person that did them in though. Maybe on the way to buy the car, after they reached their general destination, they got carjacked or something. It is possible.
    Because the phone used by the Craigslist person is a burner phone, and the police were able to track it (at least briefly), but apparently no one in possession of the phone has provided any information, I'm very suspicious of the Craigslist person, too (rather than the car accident scenario). And it's not because I think Craigslist is evil or anything :) I use it to sell baby stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    if there's anything i've learned from reading all the missing person websites it's to check bodies of water close to the roadways.
    That's what I was thinking, PD.

South of the Fall Line, Georgia is very flat, like Florida, so it's doubtful they've crashed in some mountainous area or deep ravine.

And once you get north of the Fall Line (Macon), it's unlikely someone could run off the road into the woods and not be noticed in that area between Macon and Atlanta. They would be on busy interstates.

So ... the point of my babbling is that I think a body of water near a roadway could be a likely scenario if they had an accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

This makes me so sad. They look like my grandparents. :(

the fact that they made the craigslist ad is more worrisome than anything, i think. anyone can respond, looking to rob you, pull up some pics from the internet and then ask for a certain amount cash-money. if it's a hard to find something, i can see some old people jumping on it and bringing the bag o cash with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    the fact that they made the craigslist ad is more worrisome than anything, i think. anyone can respond, looking to rob you, pull up some pics from the internet and then ask for a certain amount cash-money. if it's a hard to find something, i can see some old people jumping on it and bringing the bag o cash with them.
    Yes. A predator doesn't even have to bait the trap. The victims have provided the bait and the hook.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

"If someone has taken them, we have forgiven that person, because God tells us to love and forgive," daughter Virgina Owens said.
    That's from a recent news article.

I dunno, man.

I just can't see myself adopting that mindset so early on. Mom and pop are still missing and you're, all,. "Yup. Sad. But God says it's cool."

I know they're in no way involved, but uber religious people just make my eyes roll back into my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    That's from a recent news article.

I dunno, man.

I just can't see myself adopting that mindset so early on. Mom and pop are still missing and you're, all,. "Yup. Sad. But God says it's cool."

I know they're in no way involved, but uber religious people just make my eyes roll back into my brain.
    I'm not positive, but I think they are going with the angle that if someone did take them, and they happen to be alive that they will forgive them so hopefully they will let them go. That's just a guess on my part though.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I'm not positive, but I think they are going with the angle that if someone did take them, and they happen to be alive that they will forgive them so hopefully they will let them go. That's just a guess on my part though.
    Yeah, cuz every criminal knows that the cops will follow suit, give them a hearty pat on the shoulder, and say, "Thanks for coughing up gram and gramps! All is forgiven!"

It's not a viable tactic. Especially coming from family. It means nothing.

Hell, if I killed them, that statement wouldn't send me running to the phone. It'd only make it that much easier to pour the syrup on my waffles while I was rifling through a dead old man's wallet.

Police actually tell people to make statements like that because if someone is holding them, it might be the incentive to release them.

The idea being if you go on TV and say WE WILL FIND YOU AND FILLET YOU MOTHERFUCKERS, the person is more like well I'm going to kill these people, they are not from a nice family/these people will hunt me down. As opposed to acting like 'hey return my dog no questions asked'.

I.E if you are looking for a lost pet you suspect has been stolen, you don't threaten and curse the people who potentially stole the dog, because then you'll never get it back. You promise to just be so excited that you got you dog back that shit, maybe you will even pay a reward.

I'm still not buying it for this case.

If they haven't found them in the first 48 hours, this poor couple is dead if they fell into the wrong hands.

And that's a fucking shame. Their picture makes my eyes sweat.

I could see making that statement very early on, but is seems like an incredible Hail Mary given the amount of time that has now passed.

Thread Information