Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bud and June Runion murdered after going to buy a classic car on Craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I'm still not buying it for this case.

If they haven't found them in the first 48 hours, this poor couple is dead if they fell into the wrong hands.

And that's a fucking shame. Their picture makes my eyes sweat.

I could see making that statement very early on, but is seems like an incredible Hail Mary given the amount of time that has now passed.
    Maybe they are good-hearted people who want to seem compassionate. Most people don't rage hellfire for the media except dumb people who end up looking like trash. Nothing weird to me about their statement. They don't even know what happened. It's entirely possibly they'll find the car turned upside down in a drift somewhere.

it's funny that you say that bowie, because i had a dream last night that i was walking my dogs and some people tried to take them from me. i gave them a taken speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

It's highly unlikely they're upside down in a drift somewhere, given the weather in both Cobb County and Mcrae as of late.

Veered off an embankment? Maybe. But I seriously think if the seller was legit - and not carrying a burner phone - the police would have heard something by now.

This just feels bad all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

the person of interest in the case has two active warrants apparently for giving false statements to authorities.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/loc...uple/22276947/

Well, holy shit. Thanks, Andy. I didn't even know they managed to track the ad back to anyone yet.

Smarmy guy. Jesus, if he hurt those people, I'm gonna be hella pissed.

What an ass.

I was just about the post the same thing, Andy.

From the link:

Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson says they have identified a suspect in the investigation of June and Bud Runion.

Steverson says there are two active warrants out for Ronnie "Jay" Adrian Towns: one for making false statements to investigators and the other for criminal attempt to commit theft by deception.

Sheriff Steverson says Ronnie Towns is 28 and around 6 feet tall.

"We were interested in who last had phone contact with the Runions, and this individual did," says Steverson. "We interviewed Mr. Towns early on in the investigation and the info he provided did not corroborate with our investigation."

The GBI and Georgia State Patrol have joined deputies from Telfair, Wheeler and Jeff Davis counties in the search for a Marietta couple who are missing since Thursday after going to McRae to buy a car from someone through Craigslist.

Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson said the Georgia State Patrol's aviation unit has joined local officials searching Telfair and Wheeler counties for Elrey "Bud" Runion and his wife June.

Bud Runion is 69 years old; June Runion is 66.

The couple drove to McRae on Thursday to meet someone who responded to an ad Bud Runion placed on Craigslist seeking a 1966 Mustang.

Relatives became concerned when the couple did not return for a family function and did not answer their cell phone.

Son-in-law Craig Bishop tells 13WMAZ that classic cars are Runion's passion.

"I believe one of [Bud's] first cars, if not his first car, was a '66 Mustang," Bishop said. "It's surreal. Moment to moment, I'm just thinking, we're going to hear something."

Cobb County detectives believe the couple was riding in a pewter- or champagne colored 2003 GMC Envoy with Georgia tag BWU 7349.

They say Bud Runion is white, 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs 165 pounds. He is balding with gray hair and blue eyes. June Runion is white, 5 feet, 5 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes.

Police say the phone number the Runions called traces back to a disposable cell phone.

Searchers set up a staging area in a hunting camp on Highway 117 near Jacksonville.

The Telfair sheriff asked anyone with information to call his office at 229-868-6621.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Steverson says there are two active warrants out for Ronnie "Jay" Adrian Towns: one for making false statements to investigators and the other for criminal attempt to commit theft by deception.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/loc...uple/22276947/
    Last edited by beli; 01-25-2015 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I think his wife shut down her facebook. Here are some more pics of him.... looking for a facebook for him -

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

OMG, she's so pretty.

I want these people to be okay so badly. They remind me of my folks.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Well, if he did do something horrible to this innocent couple, I really want to know what made him go on craigslist that day and think "I should murder them".

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Well, if he did do something horrible to this innocent couple, I really want to know what made him go on craigslist that day and think "I should murder them".
    I'm pretty sure theft was the motive.

That dude looks totally normal. I would never suspect him.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 01-25-2015 at 06:25 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I'm pretty sure theft was the motive.
    Theft of what, though? That's the question I've been asking myself. His daughter went on record with the news today and said that their father always taught them to be cautious. He doesn't sound like the kind of guy that was going to head on out with twenty grand in cash on him.

What set this guy off? What was he hoping to get?

I'm incredibly curious.

Yea, he looks completely safe and normal to me...Kinda cute. Hope he isn't the killer. I like killers to look like killers, yanno!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 48nascarfan View Post
    I might be out of date, but who still uses craigslist? You always see person ended up scammed/dead/missing after answering craigslist ad. Never person answered craigslist ad and found money/treasure/long lost anything. I thought it was common knowledge craigslist is nothing but murderers and pedophiles.
    Bought a monitor last week.

ETA: oh, I see this has been covered.

Yea, you're the weirdo here.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 01-25-2015 at 07:51 PM.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

It's going to be really scary to me if that guy did something terrible to these people, because he looks like a sweet, trustworthy guy. He just doesn't have a mean face at all. I'm with Izzy, I want killers to look like killers, not like the sweet redneck guys I grew up with.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    It's going to be really scary to me if that guy did something terrible to these people, because he looks like a sweet, trustworthy guy. He just doesn't have a mean face at all. I'm with Izzy, I want killers to look like killers, not like the sweet redneck guys I grew up with.
    That's on you motherfuckers. I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Rednecks are fucking terrifying.

I still use craigslist all the time selling all our old furniture. Nothing traumatic to report thus far on my end.

Sadly though, lots of sketchers will post high dollar items as "cash on the spot only" and post dummy pictures of a car they don't even have. Then when these people come to look, they know they're carrying cash and rob them. I'm willing to be this is what happened here.

That's on you motherfuckers. I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Rednecks are fucking terrifying.

Ugh, I just really want them to be okay.
    Being from SF, Craigslist has been a staple in my life for over a decade. Jobs, cars, roommates, you name it. Don't blame the site, blame the opportunistic dickwads.
    Team Leyash

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I still use craigslist all the time selling all our old furniture. Nothing traumatic to report thus far on my end.

Sadly though, lots of sketchers will post high dollar items as "cash on the spot only" and post dummy pictures of a car they don't even have. Then when these people come to look, they know they're carrying cash and rob them. I'm willing to be this is what happened here.
    I thought about that, but we're talking, likely, thousands dollars here. Based on what their family says, Bud wasn't the kind of guy that would have carried that much cash out. Maybe he took a down payment or something, like one or two thousand "good faith" money. I can see robbing a guy for that.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Police actually tell people to make statements like that because if someone is holding them, it might be the incentive to release them.

The idea being if you go on TV and say WE WILL FIND YOU AND FILLET YOU MOTHERFUCKERS, the person is more like well I'm going to kill these people, they are not from a nice family/these people will hunt me down. As opposed to acting like 'hey return my dog no questions asked'.

I.E if you are looking for a lost pet you suspect has been stolen, you don't threaten and curse the people who potentially stole the dog, because then you'll never get it back. You promise to just be so excited that you got you dog back that shit, maybe you will even pay a reward.
    That'd be me.

And this case sooo fucking pisses me off. I hope they're found...safe...and soon. Old people, like the young, should be protected and respected. Unfortunately, this is 'Murica! Where everyone has the right to be an ignorant self righteous "I'm gettin' mine" piece of shit.

I'll reserve my judgement of the "person of interest" until we find out more on the case...but his wife is cute.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I'm so serious. Sweet old couple? Fuck outta here. If I have car trouble, I'd get shot if I knocked on their door.

You guys are crazy sometimes. That guy looks "cross the street" dangerous, whether he's guilty of this or not.

http://wkzo.com/news/articles/2015/j...ple-disappear/

ATLANTA (Reuters) - Authorities in Georgia are searching for a suburban Atlanta couple missing since they traveled to the southern part of the state to buy a vintage car off Craigslist, and a suspect in the case may soon be in custody, a local sheriff said on Monday.

Bud Runion, 69, and his wife, June Runion, 66, of Marietta, were last seen on Thursday when they set off for Telfair County to buy a 1966 Mustang convertible from a purported seller who responded to their ad on Craigslist, Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson said.

The couple’s last telephone call was to a disposable cell phone owned by Ronnie Towns, 28, whom Steverson described as a suspect in the case.

Towns was interviewed by authorities shortly after the couple disappeared and has now been charged with criminal intent to commit deception and lying to investigators, Steverson said.

“We’re optimistic we’ll have him in custody soon,” Steverson said in a phone interview. “We’ve been communicating with his family.”

Towns did not own a 1966 Mustang convertible, the sheriff said.

“I don’t think he had a car that was even similar to the one being sought by Mr. Runion,” Steverson said.

Search teams looking for the couple are combing the rural county about 160 miles south of Atlanta using all-terrain vehicles, aircraft and boats, Steverson said. The 2003 GMC Envoy the Runions were driving has not been located, the sheriff added.

“We are hopeful that landowners and hunters would be on the lookout for anything out of the way, any articles of clothing, anything that may be connected to this case," he said.

Theft of what, though? That's the question I've been asking myself. His daughter went on record with the news today and said that their father always taught them to be cautious. He doesn't sound like the kind of guy that was going to head on out with twenty grand in cash on him.

What set this guy off? What was he hoping to get?

I'm incredibly curious.

The guy wanted to steal their money (and maybe their car as a little bonus). I really don't believe there's any other explanation. Many people require full cash payment when selling something to a stranger from Craigslist. I know I do, and I wouldn't think anything of someone asking the same of me.

My dad is a cautious guy, but there have been plenty of times he has carried bunches of cash to buy a car, truck or boat from a stranger.

Even someone who is typically cautious can end up trusting the wrong person. It happens all the time.

Hell, it's possible that the Runions didn't have the cash on them and planned to have the guy go to the bank with them so they could withdraw it after looking at the car, and that made the guy mad because it ruined his plan, and he freaked out and killed them. But I still think the motive was absolutely money.

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    I want these people to be okay so badly. They remind me of my folks.

Same here.

Just think of all those preschool kids who don't understand why Miss June isn't at school today. It breaks my heart. I wouldn't even know what to say to my son if one of his preschool teachers was missing and likely dead.

And Mr. Runion is a good old guy who refurbishes broken bicycles to give to needy children. Now they're probably dead because Bo Duke wanted to steal their money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Thread Information