Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good, The Bad, The GoFundMe, YouCaring & other mass funding sites

Wonder how many people have called him or sent him hate mail to his house.

I dunno why but this made me think of my aunt. She passed away like 2 years ago so I'll say 7 years ago she was living in Texas. She wanted to come back home to PA so my family all donated even me and I was either still in high school with no job besides babysitting or just started my first job. My pap gave her like $200 alone and she has 8 siblings and most chipped in. For her one brothers funeral she had no trouble grabbing a grey hound and getting here but all that money we gave wasn't enough. She was sick when she first asked for money but wouldn't get checked out. Like 2 years later she got checked turned out she has like stage 3 cervical cancer and wanted to come home again to be with the family for the last time. I said no and along with a lot of my aunts and uncles and my pap got so pissed. Bitching about how we're all greedy. well what did she do with all that money from the first time she wanted to come home? None of us know.

A bar here has a gofundme they had a kitchen fire and want money to fix it. Wouldn't insurance cover that? I've only been to that bar twice and I really like it if it was closer to me I'd go there a lot. I had a native american guy shove his card in my face proving he was one and proposing to me there and all I said was hi gotta love drunk people haha. http://www.gofundme.com/jh8izk

http://www.gofundme.com/bringleohome

Leo Forrest was born on 21st January 2015 with Down Syndrome, in Armenia.

His Armenian mother and her family abandoned him at birth. His father, a New Zealander, was no longer welcome in the family home because he wanted to 'keep' Leo. The mother refused to even look at or touch the newborn for fear of getting attached in a society where defects are not accepted, often bringing shame on the family involved.

With little work, no money, resources or family, and now no home, his father Sam wants to return to New Zealand with Leo, where Leo can have a quality of life and acceptance, integration into society that sadly, is not yet possible in Armenia.

As a now solo father, Sam's aim is to raise enough money to be able to care for Leo fulltime himself for at least a year, to give him the love, cuddles & devotion he needs to thrive.
    Lots of news on this one. Appears to be legit. Fuck that family for not wanting this beautiful little boy. The father plans on also donating part of the cash to orphanages in Armenia that regularly take in Downs babies that families give up.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    http://www.gofundme.com/bringleohome

Lots of news on this one. Appears to be legit. Fuck that family for not wanting this beautiful little boy. The father plans on also donating part of the cash to orphanages in Armenia that regularly take in Downs babies that families give up.
    Aww, as sad as this is, I can understand it. but I'm glad the father chose the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Aww, as sad as this is, I can understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Raising a disabled child is hard! Not everyone is made for it. I don't like it, but I have an open mind. This mom isn't the only person who has given up a disabled child.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Aww, as sad as this is, I can understand it.

I know it's not going to be a popular opinion, but this isn't the first family who has dealt with this. I'm just glad the dad wasn't okay with just giving the kid up, too. I'm guessing they don't have the tests like they do here where they could have spotted the disability in the womb so they could abort it. -if they want. I'm not saying everyone who finds out their baby will have a disability is going to do it.

But, but, it's Downs. It's not some fatal completely debilitating disease where the child (or the parents) would suffer inherently for all eternity. Lots of downs kids grow up to be functioning members of society, and lead a pretty normal life.

It's not like she abandoned him because she was scared or unsure for the future, she did it because she was ashamed. I will not understand a culture where a chromosomal disorder is somehow "shameful" for the family, and thus in turn causing women to abandon their children. To me, THAT is shameful, not downs. Sorry, don't get it.

But, but, it's Downs. It's not some fatal completely debilitating disease where the child (or the parents) would suffer inherently for all eternity. Lots of downs kids grow up to be functioning members of society, and lead a pretty normal life.

It's not like she abandoned him because she was scared or unsure for the future, she did it because she was ashamed. I will not understand a culture where a chromosomal disorder is somehow "shameful" for the family, and thus in turn causing women to abandon their children. To me, THAT is shameful, not downs. Sorry, don't get it.
    That.

I understand that side of it, but not everyone is going to see it that way. I'm not saying this was a good choice or that I would do it myself. I'm just saying that it happens more often than not, most people are aborting after the tests are run...and the test isn't even 100% right. I don't like it, and it's horrible, but at least the baby still has a father. Obviously most people there just give it up and it doesn't have either parent. Me saying I get it is for the fact that people with downs are looked at as if they have a plague, same with autism. I can bet you that you've gone in to a store and say a kid with autism and just thought they were being a horrible little shit and their parent isn't raising them right so they don't act like that. Perfect family is a mom and a dad with perfect little well mannered kids....but that's so rare!

It's being acted as if this is the only father who has ever sacrificed his marriage for a disabled child.

Yeah, but we're talking about Armenians here, who are much like old world "kill off your weak" types.

This doesn't surprise me at all. I'm surprised their women have any rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I am really thankful for Gofundme, because I have no idea how I would have paid for my daughter's funeral without it. No one expected things to end like that, and with the shitty divorce happening, I didn't have a cold $1400 just laying around for my baby's funeral. What really gets me are the people who are asking for donations to help go to school or something, and you can see that they obviously have money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Shut up, dick.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Underwood View Post
    I am really thankful for Gofundme, because I have no idea how I would have paid for my daughter's funeral without it. No one expected things to end like that, and with the shitty divorce happening, I didn't have a cold $1400 just laying around for my baby's funeral. What really gets me are the people who are asking for donations to help go to school or something, and you can see that they obviously have money.
    God I can't even imagine burying my child. My heart goes out to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Underwood View Post

Thank you, guys <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Shut up, dick.

Unexpected costs are just that-- unexpected. I don't find it tacky at all to ask for help. A person shouldn't have to sell their car or stop attending school for a semester to pay for a funeral, or sudden layoff, or whatever else makes a person need to come up with a few thousand dollars in a short period of time.

As for "expected" costs, whatever, who cares why people ask for money as long as they are honest. I don't HAVE to donate. Maybe I will choose to because I have $10 extra and want to help my friend take a trip or replace a broken dishwasher. I buy drinks without a second thought. This isn't much different.

Paying unwanted bills sucks.

Saving money is hard. It's much easier to give other people money than to "give" it to myself (yanno, by not giving it to anyone).

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Unexpected costs are just that-- unexpected. I don't find it tacky at all to ask for help. A person shouldn't have to sell their car or stop attending school for a semester to pay for a funeral, or sudden layoff, or whatever else makes a person need to come up with a few thousand dollars in a short period of time.

As for "expected" costs, whatever, who cares why people ask for money as long as they are honest. I don't HAVE to donate. Maybe I will choose to because I have $10 extra and want to help my friend take a trip or replace a broken dishwasher. I buy drinks without a second thought. This isn't much different.

Paying unwanted bills sucks.

Saving money is hard. It's much easier to give other people money than to "give" it to myself (yanno, by not giving it to anyone).
    Yea, I think it's fucked up in the case of the British couple mentioned above and people like that who are collecting by a fraudulent premises. Like people making up fake cancer babies to raise money for. They are literally ruining it for people who deserve it.

https://www.facebook.com/RyaRachelle I am a real human please have some compassion so I can be with my son

Why don't you have the gofundme posted on your Facebook? Why are you asking strangers to contribute but not your friends and family?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Because
    I am having a lot of issues going on with family members and my baby daddy. I do not want them to see. They are the reason I do not have my jade

Quote Originally Posted by RachelleRountre View Post
    Because
    I am having a lot of issues going on with family members and my baby daddy. I do not want them to see. They are the reason I do not have my jade
    I noticed some people in your comments seem sympathetic, are you providing them with the link and asking them to share it? Usually it's easier for people to donate if someone is like, this is my friend, please contribute.

You gotta stop spamming every thread here though. People are getting pissed off.

I am asking everyone at my apartment complex to help as well

Quote Originally Posted by RachelleRountre View Post
    I am asking everyone at my apartment complex to help as well
    Ok, but like I said, you are losing support here by spamming the death threads. That's the worst way to get anyone here to contribute.

I'm sorry for your situation and hope you can get your son back.

Ok so now my Facebook is being spammed wth

Thread Information