Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 367

Thread: The Good, The Bad, The GoFundMe, YouCaring & other mass funding sites

  1. #301
    XoXo Miller22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,142
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I hate you all soooo much.
    I could not care about something any less than I do about this.
    "

  2. #302
    Senior Member Words Words's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    where dreams go to die
    Posts
    3,997
    Rep Power
    21474845
    We could always point out that Brennen Tammons hates us so much more than Juju does because of that thread...that he started (Brennen Tammons started, not Juju)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

  3. #303
    Senior Member Jumaki15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbiana County, Ohio
    Posts
    4,938
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I could not care about something any less than I do about this.

  4. #304
    Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,297
    Rep Power
    13766514
    I don't know who Brennen Tammons is. Must have happened during my hiatus. Can't be half as bad as the bitch who faked cancer though. Jumaki, they are just messing with you and you are making it sooooooo easy.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

  5. #305
    Senior Member Jumaki15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbiana County, Ohio
    Posts
    4,938
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    I don't know who Brennen Tammons is. Must have happened during my hiatus. Can't be half as bad as the bitch who faked cancer though. Jumaki, they are just messing with you and you are making it sooooooo easy.
    I am well aware they are just messing with me. It's not like I am actually mad or anything. 95% of what I say is usually total bullshit.

  6. #306
    Senior Member daisylane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,688
    Rep Power
    21474843
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    Brennen Tammons!
    Is your attorney also called Brennen Tammons?
    Do you pay for your attorney the Casey Anthony way and sleep with him, Brennen Tammons?
    Butt-sex for Brennen Tammons!!!!
    Does this mean that JuJu was made via buttsex in '85?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

  7. #307
    Senior Member Jumaki15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbiana County, Ohio
    Posts
    4,938
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Does this mean that JuJu was made via buttsex in '85?


    You're dead to me.

  8. #308
    Senior Member Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    7,190
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Is there a way to search recent gofundme's made?

    My older kid took off to Vegas (long story but kid is in soooo much trouble) and supposedly was able to fund his trip back by making a gofundme. I really want to know what it said - but can't find anything searching his name so it may have been under a friend's name, or whatever. I was hoping there was a way to search any made in the last few days and find it that way.

    I don't know much about gofundme, so any help would be appreciated!


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  9. #309
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,296
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Is there a way to search recent gofundme's made?

    My older kid took off to Vegas (long story but kid is in soooo much trouble) and supposedly was able to fund his trip back by making a gofundme. I really want to know what it said - but can't find anything searching his name so it may have been under a friend's name, or whatever. I was hoping there was a way to search any made in the last few days and find it that way.

    I don't know much about gofundme, so any help would be appreciated!
    Was it definitely gofundme? There's a heap of other fundraising sites

  10. #310
    Senior Member Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    7,190
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Was it definitely gofundme? There's a heap of other fundraising sites
    You're right, it may not have been a gofundme, that is just what I first thought.

    I have been going through so much with this damn kid, been super stressed out this last week. In a matter of a few days he lost his job, his car (which he ditched on the side of the road after it broke down - yeah, just said fuck this car and left it) went to Vegas with supposed gang members, been doing coke and Xanax.....ugh. My husband changed the locks and everything - can't be trusted not to steal from us.

    He legit was doing good a month ago - working a good job every day, had bought it first car on his own - shit has gone downhill fast. I am hearing these around that worry me so much - I have just been in shock, this is not the same kid I know.

    Sorry for the rant...


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  11. #311
    Senior Member PeaceBeWithMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Displaced Canadian.
    Posts
    7,748
    Rep Power
    21474849
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You're right, it may not have been a gofundme, that is just what I first thought.

    I have been going through so much with this damn kid, been super stressed out this last week. In a matter of a few days he lost his job, his car (which he ditched on the side of the road after it broke down - yeah, just said fuck this car and left it) went to Vegas with supposed gang members, been doing coke and Xanax.....ugh. My husband changed the locks and everything - can't be trusted not to steal from us.

    He legit was doing good a month ago - working a good job every day, had bought it first car on his own - shit has gone downhill fast. I am hearing these around that worry me so much - I have just been in shock, this is not the same kid I know.

    Sorry for the rant...
    What's his first name? I can look around on there.


    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

  12. #312
    Senior Member Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    7,190
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    What's his first name? I can look around on there.
    Thanks! I sent you a PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  13. #313
    Senior Citizen Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    13,609
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You're right, it may not have been a gofundme, that is just what I first thought.

    I have been going through so much with this damn kid, been super stressed out this last week. In a matter of a few days he lost his job, his car (which he ditched on the side of the road after it broke down - yeah, just said fuck this car and left it) went to Vegas with supposed gang members, been doing coke and Xanax.....ugh. My husband changed the locks and everything - can't be trusted not to steal from us.

    He legit was doing good a month ago - working a good job every day, had bought it first car on his own - shit has gone downhill fast. I am hearing these around that worry me so much - I have just been in shock, this is not the same kid I know.

    Sorry for the rant...
    Rant away. It sounds like you're dealing with a freakin' nightmare. I hope that he realizes what he's doing to you and himself and gets his shit together.
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins
    There's a guard on every door and a drink on every floor
    Overflowing with a thousand amens - Tom Petty

  14. #314
    Senior Member Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    7,190
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Rant away. It sounds like you're dealing with a freakin' nightmare. I hope that he realizes what he's doing to you and himself and gets his shit together.
    Me too. But I just found out he showed up at home trying to get in the house. My husband told him he could if he followed the rules and was there when we got home from work. His response? "I can't promise that." So my husband called the cops, but by the time they showed up he was gone. So who knows where he is.

    I think I just got 10 more gray hairs in the last half hour


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  15. #315
    Senior Member PeaceBeWithMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Displaced Canadian.
    Posts
    7,748
    Rep Power
    21474849
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Thanks! I sent you a PM.
    Send again. LOL My box was full. I can't find it anywhere! I dumped everything out.


    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

  16. #316
    Senior Member Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    7,190
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Send again. LOL My box was full. I can't find it anywhere! I dumped everything out.
    Sent you one on FB, still says full on here...


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  17. #317
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    I have made a post letting everyone know on my fb how horrible this site is. You will not last long posting such gore and horror on real people's lives!!!

  18. #318
    Senior Member jlawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    293
    Rep Power
    7237604

  19. #319
    Senior Member PeaceBeWithMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Displaced Canadian.
    Posts
    7,748
    Rep Power
    21474849
    Quote Originally Posted by iradamegidova View Post
    I have made a post letting everyone know on my fb how horrible this site is. You will not last long posting such gore and horror on real people's lives!!!
    Oh noze. We dun been reported.


    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

  20. #320
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    13,392
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by iradamegidova View Post
    I have made a post letting everyone know on my fb how horrible this site is. You will not last long posting such gore and horror on real people's lives!!!
    Isn't there a hurricane you should be worrying about, Dame Gidova? But Don't worry, we'll be sure and reach out to you on the skype you posted, to let you know we've atoned for our gore filled ways.

    If you're going to troll, at least learn to do it better.

  21. #321
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,296
    Rep Power
    21474855
    I get not wanting to hand that much money to an addict because going on a binge could very easily kill him, but it's not like this is an inheritance. This couple actively raised $$ with full knowledge of his situation. They should've made the conditions clear to donors & they shre as shit shouldn't be profiting from the $$ even if it is unsafe to release it to him.


    https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...taboola-recirc


    A homeless man whose act of generosity gained worldwide attention last year says that despite the hundreds of thousands of dollars raised on his behalf, he is panhandling again and using drugs because he has no access to the funds.

    Kate McClure of New Jersey had no cash on her when her car ran out of gas in Philadelphia last November, and Johnny Bobbitt came to her aid, giving the stranded motorist his last $20.

    Homeless Good Samaritan to Get House, Truck, Trust Fund
    McClure and her boyfriend Mark D'Amico started a GoFundMe campaign in return, promising that Bobbitt would have a home.

    But Bobbitt told Philly.com he can't use the $200,000 left out of the $400,000 that donors raised on GoFundMe, and he no longer has the camper or car that had been purchased for him with some of the funds.

    NJ Woman Raises $315K for Homeless Man After Selfless Act
    "What [Bobbitt] would like is to obtain the money that has been raised for him," Bobbitt's attorney Jacqueline Promislo told NBC News. "Over 14,000 people gave him money to help him get off the streets and give him a safe place to live."

    She said that Bobbitt estimated he used about $75,000 to buy an SUV and a camper, in which he lived in until June, but that he no longer has access to the remaining funds.

    McClure says the couple did all they could to help Bobbitt.

    In an interview with the Inquirer last week, D'Amico said he controls the money and will start dispensing it when Bobbitt gets a job and stops using drugs.

    "Giving him all that money, it's never going to happen. I'll burn it in front of him," he said, adding that giving an "addict" the money would be like "giving him a loaded gun."

    Bobbitt questions the couple's motives and fears they may have squandered the money, pointing to vacations the two have apparently taken and to McClure driving what appears to be a new BMW.

    "I think it might have been good intentions in the beginning, but with that amount of money, I think it became greed," Bobbitt said.

    D'Amico acknowledged to the Inquirer spending $500 from the GoFundMe money while gambling at a casino but said he repaid it with his winnings.

    GoFundMe is investigating whether the money was mismanaged, and said it will work to ensure Bobbitt "receives the help he deserves and that the donors' intentions are honored."

  22. #322
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    10080275
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I get not wanting to hand that much money to an addict because going on a binge could very easily kill him, but it's not like this is an inheritance. This couple actively raised $$ with full knowledge of his situation. They should've made the conditions clear to donors & they shre as shit shouldn't be profiting from the $$ even if it is unsafe to release it to him.


    https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...taboola-recirc
    I think this is messed up! You'll burn the money in front of him before you would ever have it over if he's high?! Fuck you, dick-greed. The money was donated to BOBBITT, not you. And no one has the right to tell a recipient of charity what they can or can not do with the money. It's no longer charity if there are stipulations involved.

    It's like when people say they won't give pan handlers cash because they will just spend it on booze or whatever. Fine, then keep your money and shut up about it. OR pass someone less fortunate than you a buck and let them escape their reality in the bottem of a can of steel reserve if they want. You ain't nobody's daddy.

    I hate people.

  23. #323
    Senior Member TupeloHoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    3,087
    Rep Power
    21474847
    Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    I think this is messed up! You'll burn the money in front of him before you would ever have it over if he's high?! Fuck you, dick-greed. The money was donated to BOBBITT, not you. And no one has the right to tell a recipient of charity what they can or can not do with the money. It's no longer charity if there are stipulations involved.

    It's like when people say they won't give pan handlers cash because they will just spend it on booze or whatever. Fine, then keep your money and shut up about it. OR pass someone less fortunate than you a buck and let them escape their reality in the bottem of a can of steel reserve if they want. You ain't nobody's daddy.

    I hate people.


    Funny you should bring this up, because I was just pondering this yesterday after passing a panhandler in what has become a popular begging spot in the Walmart shopping center near my house.

    I don't carry much cash, but if I have it, I've always given a few bucks to panhandlers. Recently, I've become more hesitant because of the severe heroin problem here. I live in the "Heroin Triangle" of metro Atlanta ... "Intervention" recently dedicated a whole season to this area.

    Last winter, there was a guy washing windshields at my Kroger. (Windshield-washer panhandlers are very unusual where I live in the burbs.) It was freezing cold, getting dark, and I felt bad for the guy, so I handed him a few bucks as I left the parking lot. When I got a good look at him, I realized how terribly sick and zombie-like he looked and started thinking he was probably dope sick. All the way home and for hours afterwards, I wondered if I had just contributed to the guy getting a hit of heroin laced with fentanyl or something that might kill him. That happens a lot around here.

    I'm not sure what my point is ... just that I used to not worry about what panhandlers spent money on, but now I do, because I could literally be helping kill them.



    I kinda have mixed feelings about the guy from the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

  24. #324
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    10080275
    Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Funny you should bring this up, because I was just pondering this yesterday after passing a panhandler in what has become a popular begging spot in the Walmart shopping center near my house.

    I don't carry much cash, but if I have it, I've always given a few bucks to panhandlers. Recently, I've become more hesitant because of the severe heroin problem here. I live in the "Heroin Triangle" of metro Atlanta ... "Intervention" recently dedicated a whole season to this area.

    Last winter, there was a guy washing windshields at my Kroger. (Windshield-washer panhandlers are very unusual where I live in the burbs.) It was freezing cold, getting dark, and I felt bad for the guy, so I handed him a few bucks as I left the parking lot. When I got a good look at him, I realized how terribly sick and zombie-like he looked and started thinking he was probably dope sick. All the way home and for hours afterwards, I wondered if I had just contributed to the guy getting a hit of heroin laced with fentanyl or something that might kill him. That happens a lot around here.

    I'm not sure what my point is ... just that I used to not worry about what panhandlers spent money on, but now I do, because I could literally be helping kill them.



    I kinda have mixed feelings about the guy from the article.
    Damn good point about contributing to someone's death by giving an addict money. I think in the cases of loved ones, it's easy to not enable. Tough love and all that. When it involves strangers maybe you can pretend they will spend it on muffins. I'd love to know what everyone thinks.

    I live in Dayton, another Heroin/Fentanyl hotspot, and I know we have tons of resources available for addicts. Clinics offer the Suboxone treatment on every corner it seems like and the public libraries offer Project Dawn classes to train people how to administer Narcan in case of an overdose in which you take a few doses home with you. I think that is very telling of the times when emergency crews need the help from the general public to revive people. Even knowing all this (coupled with the fact that too many people I know are addicted), I still donate money. Probably due to guilt more than altruism, I suppose because I still have life in my eyes and limbs and these folks do not. They could easily be me. Fuck it, here's a dollar.

    In this case I feel like it's clear the money belongs to Bobbitt. I didn't read the gfm but unless they said they were gonna withhold the money to ensure it is spent responsibly, then the donated monies belong to Bobbitt. I believe what they are doing constitutes fraud? At the very least they are just straight up greedy shit bags.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  25. #325
    Senior Member animosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,559
    Rep Power
    21474861
    so wait, they started a gofundme so they could turn this homeless guy into a pet?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •