Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
Results 351 to 362 of 362

Thread: The Good, The Bad, The GoFundMe, YouCaring & other mass funding sites

  1. #351
    Senior Member animosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,559
    Rep Power
    21474861
    fuck, i hope someone manages to hack this gofundme account and screw with everyone who donated. racists are like roaches, for every one you see, there are hundreds hiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

  2. #352
    Moderator Jumaki15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbiana County, Ohio
    Posts
    4,938
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    They're all too busy out raping, don't you know?!
    Oh, right, my bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    fuck, i hope someone manages to hack this gofundme account and screw with everyone who donated. racists are like roaches, for every one you see, there are hundreds hiding.
    I went through all the options and reasons for reporting it, but couldn't figure out what to report it as.

  3. #353
    Senior Member queenaevadamthng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hogwaller, SC
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Power
    21474847
    We have a Love's truck stop where I occasionally get gas. I can't get my car into park before I have people knocking on my window telling me they are stranded. I have offered to pay for gas or food and they get pissy saying they need cash. I have gotten hit up twice by the same woman. This time I asked her, "So, you have been here stranded for over 3 weeks?" I'm outta work and don't have a lot of cash. It really pissed me off.


    "Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

  4. #354
    Moderator Jumaki15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbiana County, Ohio
    Posts
    4,938
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    We have a Love's truck stop where I occasionally get gas. I can't get my car into park before I have people knocking on my window telling me they are stranded. I have offered to pay for gas or food and they get pissy saying they need cash. I have gotten hit up twice by the same woman. This time I asked her, "So, you have been here stranded for over 3 weeks?" I'm outta work and don't have a lot of cash. It really pissed me off.
    Sounds like it would fit in r/choosingbeggars

  5. #355
    Senior Member animosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,559
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    We have a Love's truck stop where I occasionally get gas. I can't get my car into park before I have people knocking on my window telling me they are stranded. I have offered to pay for gas or food and they get pissy saying they need cash. I have gotten hit up twice by the same woman. This time I asked her, "So, you have been here stranded for over 3 weeks?" I'm outta work and don't have a lot of cash. It really pissed me off.
    there are people who do that at a station near my mom's work. they park at a pump and ask people for money during the busiest hours hoping someone will just give in and give them money so they will move away from the pump.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

  6. #356
    Senior Member Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    6,991
    Rep Power
    21474851
    My coworker said someone started a gofundme in response to the dude starting one to pay for the wall....that he was raising money to build an escalator to go over the wall. LOL. I hope that is true.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  7. #357
    So very tired raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,422
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    My coworker said someone started a gofundme in response to the dude starting one to pay for the wall....that he was raising money to build an escalator to go over the wall. LOL. I hope that is true.
    https://www.gofundme.com/build-a-gia...-over-the-wall


  8. #358
    Senior Member queenaevadamthng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hogwaller, SC
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Power
    21474847
    Last night I was approached, AGAIN. I'm narcoleptic so nothing pisses me off worse than someone sneaking up on me. As usual this asshole came up and started knocking on my window before I had a chance to put my car in park. I was down to my last $5. I was digging in my purse for change to get a little more to put in my tank. She was watching me do this. I told her all I had was $5 and sorry but I needed it. She tells me, "I'll take the change you have." I have been stressed about money for awhile and this was not the right approach. I walked in and paid for my gas and asked for the manager. I told him I was sick and tired of being swarmed on the minute I pulled up at the pump. Maybe I was being a bitch, but enough is fucking enough with this. Sorry for the rant but i'm slightly Grinchy today.


    "Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

  9. #359
    Senior Member Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    6,991
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    YES!


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  10. #360
    Moderator Jumaki15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbiana County, Ohio
    Posts
    4,938
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Last night I was approached, AGAIN. I'm narcoleptic so nothing pisses me off worse than someone sneaking up on me. As usual this asshole came up and started knocking on my window before I had a chance to put my car in park. I was down to my last $5. I was digging in my purse for change to get a little more to put in my tank. She was watching me do this. I told her all I had was $5 and sorry but I needed it. She tells me, "I'll take the change you have." I have been stressed about money for awhile and this was not the right approach. I walked in and paid for my gas and asked for the manager. I told him I was sick and tired of being swarmed on the minute I pulled up at the pump. Maybe I was being a bitch, but enough is fucking enough with this. Sorry for the rant but i'm slightly Grinchy today.
    What the fuck? They act like they are entitled to any money you have on you. And why the fuck is nobody doing anything about the lady? That's how you start loosing customers.

  11. #361
    So very tired raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,422
    Rep Power
    21474855
    https://www.wkrg.com/news/national/g...ign/1698095164

    GoFundMe refunding $20 million in donations made to 'Trump Wall' campaign

    GoFundMe will be giving refunds to thousands of people who raised money to help fund President Donald Trump's long-promised border wall, BuzzFeed's Brianna Sacks reports.

    The online fundraising campaign, started by Brian Kolfage, a triple amputee and Purple Heart recipient, raised more than $20 million from 334,860 donations, falling short of its $1 billion goal.

    Kolfage initially told supporters all donations would be used to pay for the wall.

    "However, that did not happen," GoFundMe spokesman Bobby Whitmore said. "This means all donors will receive a refund."

    Kolfage later said the $20 million raised would go toward a non-profit called "We Build the Wall, Inc." to help the government build segments of the wall for lower costs.

    A BuzzFeed investigation revealed the Kolfage has a history of "peddling right-wing misinformation on Facebook" and pocketing money intended for other causes.

    "The veteran has also spearheaded other crowdfunding ventures over the years, raising thousands of dollars on GoFundMe with the promise of helping mentor fellow vets at military hospitals, but spokespersons for the medical centers said they have no record of Kolfage working at their facilities or donating any money," Sacks wrote in the report.

    All donors will get an e-mail from GoFundMe regarding the refund.

  12. #362
    So very tired raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,422
    Rep Power
    21474855
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...g-sites/page15

    A man already charged in state court with scamming donors out of more than $400,000 with a fake feel-good story about a homeless veteran is facing federal charges.

    The U.S attorney’s office charged Mark D'Amico on Thursday with wire fraud conspiracy and money laundering conspiracy. He was expected to appear in court Thursday.

    The 40-year-old has already pleaded not guilty to fraud and money laundering charges in state court.

    Prosecutors alleged that D'Amico, his then-girlfriend Katelyn McClure and homeless veteran Johnny Bobbitt made up a story in late 2017 about Bobbitt giving $20 to help McClure when her car ran out of gas in Philadelphia. The group solicited donations through GoFundMe, purportedly to help Bobbitt.
    Image:
    Mark D'Amico at Burlington County Superior Court in Mount Holly, N.J., on May 28, 2019.Tim Tai / The Philadelphia Inquirer via AP, Pool

    The trio did numerous newspaper and television interviews, posed for photos together, revisited the spot where they claimed their first encounter happened and went on "Good Morning America." Authorities began investigating after Bobbitt sued the couple for allegedly not giving him the money.

    In announcing criminal charges last November, Burlington County Prosecutor Scott Coffina said almost no part of the tale was true and that instead, the group met near a Philadelphia casino in October 2017 shortly before they told their story.

    Bobbitt and McClure have both pleaded guilty to federal and state crimes. McClure faces four years in state prison and must help repay the $400,000. She must also testify against D'Amico. McClure’s federal sentencing currently is scheduled for November.

    Bobbitt, a homeless military veteran, was sentenced in April to five years' probation in state court and agreed to help repay the money. His federal sentencing is scheduled for later this month.

    Authorities have alleged D'Amico was the ringleader and concocted the story. The federal criminal complaint released Thursday alleged all of the money raised in the GoFundMe campaign was spent by March 2018, with large chunks spent by McClure and D’Amico on an RV, a BMW and numerous trips to casinos in Las Vegas and New Jersey.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •